6.4

1. Oct 23, 2013
    I was excited when I heard this was like an FPS version of Binding of Isaac; but unfortunately, I got three floors in and got super-board. I was hoping for an at least mildly-entertaining roguelike: lots of cool powerups that work together in various ways, a large variety of enemies that require different strategies to defeat, etc. Instead, every room of every floor is the same: strafeI was excited when I heard this was like an FPS version of Binding of Isaac; but unfortunately, I got three floors in and got super-board. I was hoping for an at least mildly-entertaining roguelike: lots of cool powerups that work together in various ways, a large variety of enemies that require different strategies to defeat, etc. Instead, every room of every floor is the same: strafe in circles and shoot every enemy. The variety of enemies is also extremely small (at least on the first three floors). If you enjoyed Hard Reset or the original Quake, you might enjoy this game; but if you prefer the deeper, more strategical FPS games like Half Life or Deus Ex, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. Expand
  2. May 22, 2014
    When I first saw this, I was excited. Then I bought it for myself and a friend because the devs promised co-op. Now they've backed out of it saying it won't work out, even though they specifically said it was coming and advertised it as multiplayer in many pieces. Devs have been deleting all negative posts on steam, and have been very rude to the audience. Not to mention the game shows aWhen I first saw this, I was excited. Then I bought it for myself and a friend because the devs promised co-op. Now they've backed out of it saying it won't work out, even though they specifically said it was coming and advertised it as multiplayer in many pieces. Devs have been deleting all negative posts on steam, and have been very rude to the audience. Not to mention the game shows a lot of potential, but it will never be reached. The devs have said the next update is the last; all they've shown is garbage. Right now it is bland and repetitive, and the few updates that are 'coming' (if they even come...) are crap. On top of all that, many of the sounds they use in game are licensed on soundcloud under different copyrights, some being that they have to be credited, others being they can't be used at all. The dev doesn't credit any of them and claims they are all entirely legal, which is very clearly false if you look at the discussions page's post about copyright infringement. Ugh.
    TL:DR; Devs are rude, lie, and infringe copyrights. Bland game, likes to leech.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Nov 10, 2014
    Unfortunately, Defenders of Time isn’t the fresh breath of air the tower defense genre needed, instead washing into the ocean of its never-ending entries.
  2. Feb 19, 2014
    Paranautical Activity is a game that tries to mix FPS and Rogue-like mechanics. There is a constant support from the developers, and the peculiar random maps give the game a potentially unlimited longevity. If this type of support will be maintained even after the official release, at the launch we will face a quality product that will do nothing but improve with time.