Payday: The Heist PC

7.8

1. Dec 16, 2016
    A very fun game to play with friends, it is even fun with people online.The game has great graphics, really good missions and awesome perk tree. for me this game is a 9 for me.
  2. Dec 15, 2016
    El mejor juego de asaltos coperativos de la vida
    Si quieres jugar un buen juego de asaltos no te bajes el gta5 con este basta

El juego lo e probado y que puedo decir ¡Es una maravilla!, Uno elige 4 personajes dalas, chains wolf y hoxton creo los cuales son atracadores de tiendas
  3. Nov 25, 2016
    It's a gem. Really difficult in early levels though. Even with skilled players, the AI spawn rate can be relentless. It requires grinding to get all the weapons and upgrades, and they do kind of nickle and dime you for more maps (5 maps vanilla), but you can still have an absurd amount of fun without the DLC.
  4. Oct 28, 2016
    Очень крутая игра.
    Жирный плюс за кооп, он реально интересный получился, особенно стелс миссии.
    Жирный минус за плохой ИИ и некоторые баги, если бы не это, то оценка была бы выше. Вообщем в коопе игра реальна крута, да и в сингле лично мне интересно играть. Наиграл 50 часов и опять же для меня это не мало, не во многих играх провожу больше 20-30 часов,а тут более 50... Советую! P.S.
    Очень крутая игра.
    Жирный плюс за кооп, он реально интересный получился, особенно стелс миссии.
    Вообщем в коопе игра реальна крута, да и в сингле лично мне интересно играть.
    P.S. Музыка отпад.
  5. Jun 22, 2016
    10/26/2011: My favorite kind of games are cooperative ones, and my favorite coop games are shooters, so naturally I picked up PAYDAY: The Heist and expected some fun. I got fun, but I also got a surprising amount of challenge. PAYDAY, much like Killing Floor, rewards you for playing at your best and punishes you for screwing up. It borrows a whole hell of a lot from Left 4 Dead and10/26/2011: My favorite kind of games are cooperative ones, and my favorite coop games are shooters, so naturally I picked up PAYDAY: The Heist and expected some fun. I got fun, but I also got a surprising amount of challenge. PAYDAY, much like Killing Floor, rewards you for playing at your best and punishes you for screwing up. It borrows a whole hell of a lot from Left 4 Dead and benefits greatly from it, delivering the same kind of intense, cooperative experience. It's a small game and it won't take you long to finish all the heists at least once, but you will find yourself playing them several times over thanks to the challenge, randomized elements and progression system. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2016
    Very original game, it is not quite varied but i will compare it to PayDay 2. PD2 pretty much is the money maker it would be a nice game if they would keep it the simple like the beginner PD. Stop the DLC **** Who wants to buy a DLC to have grenades, i mean come on... It's the greed of the developers, i guess. But PD has better soundtracks if you like PayDay 2, you will now like PayDay 1,Very original game, it is not quite varied but i will compare it to PayDay 2. PD2 pretty much is the money maker it would be a nice game if they would keep it the simple like the beginner PD. Stop the DLC **** Who wants to buy a DLC to have grenades, i mean come on... It's the greed of the developers, i guess. But PD has better soundtracks if you like PayDay 2, you will now like PayDay 1, cause it feels empty to you. PayDay should be a game where you can be the heister and feel like a heister/robber, what is PayDay 2 now? It's does not have the credibility that PD had. Watch the movie "Heat" and you will understand what i meant. PayDay is inspired by "Heat" and the developers really wanted to give you the feeling to be like in this movie and they made it pretty good. All the Dialogs are much better and funnier and you will remember many of them later on. (memes)
    Overall buy both games, and try to enjoy it. Personally the feeling, soundtracks and game-play is better in PD1 but the variation is much bigger in PD2 more maps, more guns etc. but still you need to pay for it (DLC).
    PD1 7/10
    PD2 5/10
  7. Nov 12, 2015
    Terrible Game, AI is crap. Engine is buggy, not much Missions to play. After the 4th time doing the same Mission it gets lame. Wouldn't recommend this Game to anyone.
  8. Aug 26, 2015
  9. Aug 25, 2015
    its really good game but need some updates
    need more maps and more weapons and need a dlc's
    it will be fun game if you play it with friends i recommend it
    its great game :)
  10. Jul 12, 2015
    First until now I played this game like 50 hours and mostly of them alone.
    I played all the Heists including the DLC Content and the "No Mercy"-Heist, which is a L4D Fanfiction, what's quite funny, because the developers clearly took many things out of the Franchise from Valve.
    You are one of four robbers doing heists to earn money, because you know money is awesome. The gunplay is
    First until now I played this game like 50 hours and mostly of them alone.

The gunplay is ok, every weapon has its downsides and also unique good ones.
    I'm going to take the less amount of weapons due to the fact that every weapon has to be played differently, not like in other games.
    Although I'm not a fan of "bullet tracing" in games, because they're often done awfully, here I still don't like them, but they're not annoying nor ugly.

It has different classes of enemies, with different AI, pretty awesome, although the AI is sometimes randomly stupid or OP, like the snipers on OVERKILL.
    The AI of your teammates are not very good, it's a COOP-game, don't expect something else.
    Go to public servers, the community isn't that bad and the game offers great connection, I played with people from Australia(I'm European) without any lag.

The HUD is ok, although I don't like crosshairs, but that's irrelevant now, it offers the information you need, the design is less important.

It has like 9 Heists, which may take you up to 20-40min(on OVERKILL with bots), that aren't that much, but they are all kind of unique and doesn't look the same.
    But the most important thing; The missions aren't always the same, means that the game is replayable over and over again.
    That's awesome and is a huge plus for me.

The unlock system.. I don't like unlock system and that one in particular.
    At the beginning you have 2 useless weapons and aren't a big help, you have to unlock everything first, also things you may not want or need, which is eating a lot of time.
    I like the 3(with the DLC, 4) skilltrees itself, but not how they managed it.

Well, the graphics, they are not good, everyone can see that, but actually I don't mind, I do more care about visual bugs, which haven't ever been fixed although it's 2015, 4 years after the release.
    At least every Budget PC will be able to run this smoothly, even and sh*tty laptop is.

Overall, I like it,
    I played it 32 hours in the last few days.
  11. Jun 24, 2015
    PAYDAY: The Heist is the first game in the PAYDAY series developed by OVERKILL - A Starbreeze Studio

The game is great, especially playing online play with your friends or strangers, it is a great game to play, if you like those movies that had an epic heist, then you can re-live it in PAYDAY: The Heist But the game has some flaws, playing this is in Single-player, is a big no no,

But the game has some flaws, playing this is in Single-player, is a big no no, the AI is dumb as balls, from the other guys in your heist and the police

Like I said before, the AI is dumb, sometimes the police just appear out of nowhere and are really dumb, and have very accurate shooting, they shoot exactly to you or your teammates

But overall, the game is great, get it now!
  12. Jan 8, 2015
    This is the game that made Payday popular. Payday is filled with unique heist missions to get jewels, or money. But within these heist missions you can either go into them run and gun or how most people do it by doing it stealthy. A lot of people also do speed runs on the hardest heist missions so people can compete against each other to see who can do the mission the fastest but withoutThis is the game that made Payday popular. Payday is filled with unique heist missions to get jewels, or money. But within these heist missions you can either go into them run and gun or how most people do it by doing it stealthy. A lot of people also do speed runs on the hardest heist missions so people can compete against each other to see who can do the mission the fastest but without getting caught. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2014
    Great co-op game ! Possible to play pleasant even with bots. Unfortunately, there are quite a few heists and the same randomness of events, doing the same action several times can quickly get bored. Rescue for boredom is a lot of difficulty levels, gaining achievements and upgrading characters.
  14. Nov 27, 2014
    PAYDAY: The Heist is a great game, but the thing is that it gets repetitive really quickly. PAYDAY 2 also suffers the same fate. PAYDAY: The Heist is a great game to play with friends and a bit mediocre when playing with random people on the internet.

PAYDAY: The Heist is about four heisters, all with unique stories which is great, that get involved in various heists such as a bank heist, diamond heist, drug house bust and taking money from a counterfeit money creator. Dallas is the main heister as he is the leader. Dallas is American, Hoxton is British, Wolf is Swedish and Chains is African-American.

PAYDAY: The Heist's guns don't feel very good for me as the animation makes it seem that the guns are simple toy guns and have no recoil. It just doesn't feel good when you get a kill or even just shoot it normally. Combat is also pretty much Left 4 Dead with cops, as many people have already stated. PAYDAY 2 improved on that as it added stealth and less extreme waves of police enforcers.

One of the best things about PAYDAY: The Heist is it's heists. They are all very unique, have fun and unique objectives (Except for waiting for drills) and all make you feel accomplished when you successfully finish it.

I am not saying that PAYDAY: The Heist is necessarily a bad game, but it can get repetitive very quickly, even if you are playing with friends. If you buy this game, do not expect to be playing it for very long. At least you can enjoy the amount of time where you are not bored with your friends.
  15. Oct 28, 2014
    Bad game, bad graphics, not cool, not funny, this is the worst game I have ever played, I got this game free, so I spent my time downloading it., do not buy it!,
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    This game, although has it's problems, holds up as a fantastic co-op FPS. The graphics are fine, on a higher setting they are quite good. The gameplay WITH FRIENDS is great. After 2 years, this still is a great game that I think everyone should try with a few friends.
  17. Jul 2, 2014
    While the core game is solid enough and enjoyable, it becomes very repetitive and after your first couple of heists it becomes predictable and bland. If your just looking for pure action blasting away at things worth a go.
  18. Jun 21, 2014
    payday the heist is very exciting it feels like i am a real theif it feels as if im actually there robbing a bank.
    (like thats a good thing) but the way the immerse the player into the game is amazing. the stealth could use a little work aswell the slow mouse problem was well a problem but once u find the fix everything is smooth and nice
  19. May 26, 2014
    I think this is one of the best games ever! If you want to know why than test it yourself! I played this game over 200 hours, and it was so much fun! I Love it!
  20. May 17, 2014
    Game already very good at base, its sequel is even better. This first Payday is also excellent as the second. Developers are excellent and we offer a game that shows in its field since almost no play makes competing in the steering of various buildings! In short, to buy, with his retinue, and all DLC!
  21. May 15, 2014
    This game is bad. Really bad. The bots are so stupid that they can't accomplish objectives, and can't protect you when you are trying to do so. Don't even pay 99 cents for this unless you have 3 friends who wanna play.
  22. Mar 4, 2014
    +Loads of fun
    +Skill tree to upgrade things YOU want +Heists change each time keeping it fresh and new +Different ways to do heists (ex. Stealth vs. Guns Blazin') +Very different heists that take place in unique environments +Heists REQUIRE cooperation which is nice to play with friends and see how you use teamwork to get that payday. -Not enough guns. There are only a select
    +Loads of fun
    +Skill tree to upgrade things YOU want
    +Heists change each time keeping it fresh and new
    +Different ways to do heists (ex. Stealth vs. Guns Blazin')
    +Very different heists that take place in unique environments

-Not enough guns. There are only a select few guns, not to many to fit everybody's preference
    -No gun customization. It would be fun to upgrade gun by exactly what you want
    -No mods. This game would be super fun with mods because after awhile the heists do get boring and repetitive. It would be nice to see heists that people make.
  23. Feb 15, 2014
    Payday: The Heist... Well lets start off with game play, Fast paced for the most part and other parts your normally running around and doing objectives hoping to not get shot by cops. On the other hand, While Assault Waves come in you need to bunker down and fight off whatever hell throws at you. The game has a small-ish amount of police and Special forces. You have Tazers, Snipers,Payday: The Heist... Well lets start off with game play, Fast paced for the most part and other parts your normally running around and doing objectives hoping to not get shot by cops. On the other hand, While Assault Waves come in you need to bunker down and fight off whatever hell throws at you. The game has a small-ish amount of police and Special forces. You have Tazers, Snipers, Bulldozers, Shields and of course cloakers. I can see how people can get board by the fact that your (for the most part) trying new angles to attack on the small amount of heists you have. Theres also a tech tree you get via reputation witch is like your level, but the thing is about the tech tree is you don't have many options and have a very limited supply of weapons and equipment witch is what mainly shoots this score low. In games I absolutely love personalization but in this you don't have much to pick from. Next is multiplayer. Its not broken but its not perfect, me and my friends do disconnect from game here and there but we do stay connected for most part (Normally around 4-5 heists) You can play with up to four people including yourself or with you and AI teammates who can sometimes get stuck. Sadly I cant say much for graphics due to the fact that i play via laptop and and thankful just to be able to play this on lowest. Now story, I can see how if you set your mind to it you could make a story out of it but theirs nothing that is easy to see or even there
    its rather simple.

Pros: Fast paced FPS, Intense game play, Multiplayer, Co-op, Classes,

Cons: Not alot of missions, Low tech tree, Bugs (not alot), Bad AI, Little weapons, Fun for the first two or three heists then it dies down.
  24. Jan 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, I like the differentiating enemy types throughout the wave with their special abilities. What makes it a true co-op game is that when you face special enemies alone, you are probably not going to succeed because they have abilities that can cripple you. I love the face that there are key bindings for aim down sight because many games do not have key bindings for laptops (: Expand
  25. Jan 3, 2014
    I like the game. Even though it has small amount of weapons, and skill tree is lacking, not a bad game. The game was remastered and improved in Payday 2. And supposedly, the movie with the same name will be released in the year 2014!

I would rate this 7/10.
  26. Dec 27, 2013
    Surprisingly fun. I didn't expect to enjoy this game so much, but I guess there's just something intriguing about being a bank robber. Despite only having 6 heists there's a ton of replayability as parts of each heist are randomly generated. Unlockable weapons and player upgrades are dispersed throughout the skill tree basically taunting you into playing just a little bit more to unlockSurprisingly fun. I didn't expect to enjoy this game so much, but I guess there's just something intriguing about being a bank robber. Despite only having 6 heists there's a ton of replayability as parts of each heist are randomly generated. Unlockable weapons and player upgrades are dispersed throughout the skill tree basically taunting you into playing just a little bit more to unlock something new. The game is a little rough around the edges with occasional glitches, enemies getting stuck in walls, and the UI can be difficult to use, but overall it's a great first release from Overkill Software. Expand
  27. Dec 7, 2013
    Let's start with this: This game is meant for co-op, and nothing else. I tried my first mission with NPC's, and it was terrible. It was all on me to grab the c4's, or load up the money bags, or plant the bombs, or really anything that requires holding a button down. The NPC's can fight pretty well, though, and I've actually been saved quite a few times by the accurate covering fire theyLet's start with this: This game is meant for co-op, and nothing else. I tried my first mission with NPC's, and it was terrible. It was all on me to grab the c4's, or load up the money bags, or plant the bombs, or really anything that requires holding a button down. The NPC's can fight pretty well, though, and I've actually been saved quite a few times by the accurate covering fire they can lay out for you. The gunplay is pretty fun, but let's get to the real good stuff: the co-op. It's a good game, that feels similar to L4D2 when your playing co-op,a so let's finish this review with a nice 7. Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2013
    all map is hard,big,fun,long
    if you want big heist
    this game better then 2
    and cool Characters,cool map,cool weapon,cool enemy
    most charming game ever
  29. Nov 29, 2013
    Games like this are made to play non-stop for days and with friends. This is the first heist game that i have played that has turned out very good. The upgrade system/feature is well made and provides interesting experience by gaining experience and using that to upgrade your character. The way they have made it so each class is for a specific task. If you play this game with your matesGames like this are made to play non-stop for days and with friends. This is the first heist game that i have played that has turned out very good. The upgrade system/feature is well made and provides interesting experience by gaining experience and using that to upgrade your character. The way they have made it so each class is for a specific task. If you play this game with your mates the game will be a bit easier depending on your friends first person shooter experience, also a lot more fun.
    The range of maps is also something to like about this game, they are small and make it harder to escape the authority although some players don't like the type of maps or the size of the maps because they are too small. Sorry to ruin your fun but this isn't Call of duty.
    Anyway, If you and your mates are looking for a game to play then i recommend this game, it's a load of fun and you can sit down for hours and play without losing interest.

This is AssassinReviews,
    Thanks for reading :D
  30. Nov 23, 2013
    OK, let's get one thing straight, This PC port is abysmal. The game has frame stutter at times, and looks amazingly awful for a Pc game, especially of 2011. However it's an amazingly fun Co-Op and Multiplayer game, with a solid singleplayer, and it's slightly more addictive than crack-cocaine. Go get it. It's very fun.
  31. Nov 17, 2013
    PAYDAY The Heist is allot better than PAYDAY 2 because the game is more fun. It's better because of the AI. It's better because of the gameplay and the gun play. This makes the game feel more real the fact that PAYDAY 2 has better customisation is annoying because that's basically the one thing this game lacks. That a shame.

Overall -Good gameplay -Good Graphics -Lack of

Overall
    -Good gameplay
    -Good Graphics
    -Lack of customisation
    Score 86/100
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    To be honest I had a lot of fun with this game. I played it a lot and it was just plain out fun. For it's time it has awesome graphics and the missions were fun. Every level was unique and fun and I had a lot of fun with it.

It had a big re play value as well with unlocking new weapons and customizing you're weapon set. My only problem with this game is how unrealistic it is. I game

My only problem with this game is how unrealistic it is. I game out of a game one time and we killed over 1500 police officers swat guy and FBI agents. After killing like maybe 20 guys you'd think they would break walls down or find a better way to attack these guys without just going head on.

But that really doesn't affect my game play experience or my score which I have given it. I came out of this game having a ton of fun and I totally recommend this game to ANYONE who likes first-person shooters.
  33. Sep 5, 2013
    Although the idea sounds much better than it's executed, it still manages to be tense, fun, and rewarding. The difficulty level is high, and successful heists give the player a true sense of accomplishment. Weapon and item variety is limited, but the progressive upgrades and unlocks system is quite good.
  34. Aug 24, 2013
    Buenos gráficos, buena jugabilidad, pero llega en algunos puntos a ser aburrido. No es un juego para jugar horas como otros FPS, pero es interesante la idea del juego y la cantidad de tiros que reparte.
  35. Aug 20, 2013
    nice game although it is bad as a single player but the only way to play this gane is co op multiplayer graphics are good sound and music are awesome
  36. Aug 17, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of 4 player co-op team games but unfortunately their aren't many games like that. Payday though seems to hit a majority of those marks. Although not realistic in the way you kill hundreds of SWAT agents and use of ammo, the team aspect is important in part of covering flanks and killing specials. Great fun with a good group online. Certain missions are hard to accomplish, InI'm a huge fan of 4 player co-op team games but unfortunately their aren't many games like that. Payday though seems to hit a majority of those marks. Although not realistic in the way you kill hundreds of SWAT agents and use of ammo, the team aspect is important in part of covering flanks and killing specials. Great fun with a good group online. Certain missions are hard to accomplish, In particular Heat Street, but good multi-player helps. You can get bored after a bit because of only 6 maps but it's a great way to blow off steam for a few hours everyday. Expand
  37. Aug 16, 2013
    Chains! The drill, it's bloody broken!
    ------Hoxton

Yeah this game is actually amazing, some of the best parts of the game is when something goes out of control or wrong.

8/10!
  38. Aug 15, 2013
    I give this an 8/10 because of the amount of enjoyment I get out of this game with my friends. It is a unique idea and not just another first person shooter like CoD or CS. Normal is hard, hard is unfair, and overkill is insane. Not many games will have that, so I thank you developers. But just how I thanked the developers, I also curse you. This is because I can tell that it wasI give this an 8/10 because of the amount of enjoyment I get out of this game with my friends. It is a unique idea and not just another first person shooter like CoD or CS. Normal is hard, hard is unfair, and overkill is insane. Not many games will have that, so I thank you developers. But just how I thanked the developers, I also curse you. This is because I can tell that it was unfinished. So much more could have been added to this game. Customization for example would be great. Also starting out between two weapons would be better then just giving you a gun and saying here. I'm glad that in Payday 2 they added the customization and no I am not dissing the game just because I am comparing it to Payday 2. Expand
  39. Aug 14, 2013
    Wow, this game is a complete waste of money, seriously! I really thought this would be a game with strategy where you can choose to rob a bank silently or with gunpower. Sadly the whole is just shooting police and killing thousands of them. no strategy at all just simple grinding and shooting. also pretty bugged.

You better spend your money on a nice meal in a restaurant or something else...
  40. Aug 11, 2013
    I feel like the rest, when I seen the trailer I was like ehhhhhh. When I played I felt like a real criminal lol! Sony and Overkill have done a fantastic job on this game. There is never any problems or crashes and I just love the Graphics! I would recommend this game to anyone 18 plus!
  41. Aug 9, 2013
    Upon hearing of the game, I was hyped. It looked like the mission green leaf clover from gta 4 but instead in a full game. The missions are very good fun, especially if you have a full team of mates, but even in single player the AI does a very good job. The graphics are quite good for a 20 dollars game compared to other downloadable titles. The game play is fast paced and very good. theUpon hearing of the game, I was hyped. It looked like the mission green leaf clover from gta 4 but instead in a full game. The missions are very good fun, especially if you have a full team of mates, but even in single player the AI does a very good job. The graphics are quite good for a 20 dollars game compared to other downloadable titles. The game play is fast paced and very good. the gunplay holds up well and there are enough maps and enough unlockables to keep payday interesting. Only some minor gripes would be that the AI is flawed, as they are clearly not a person, and the 1st mission is gthe only one where you rob a bank, and I wish there were a few more bank robbing missions, and the player had a bit more imput into the missions. Overall, the game is definitely worth the $20 and is worth your time. Expand
  42. AWG
    Aug 2, 2013
    There are games out there I just don't understand. I may like them, but I still don't understand them. Payday is one of these.
    Why are there are no instructions about what I have to knowdo?
    Why am I allowed to slaughter an entire Army, but I get penalized if I kill just one civilian? Why does it take 10 seconds for us to open a not locked door? I feel like this game is only really
    Why are there are no instructions about what I have to knowdo?
    Why does it take 10 seconds for us to open a not locked door?
    I feel like this game is only really enjoyable if you dedicate dozens and dozens of hours just to understand its aspects, otherwise it's just a dull "KILL TEH COPZ"-fest for the casual player.
    And to this end, again, some instructiondeep tutorial would be really useful.
  43. Jul 21, 2013
    I dont know why this game got such a bad review really. They bashed it because the game had "different gameplay than current games" and "no instructions." In my opinion, this game was unique and if it was like other games it would be no fun at all. The instructions of what to do and how to rank up each category of combat was simple to understand. This game doesnt hold your hand nor does itI dont know why this game got such a bad review really. They bashed it because the game had "different gameplay than current games" and "no instructions." In my opinion, this game was unique and if it was like other games it would be no fun at all. The instructions of what to do and how to rank up each category of combat was simple to understand. This game doesnt hold your hand nor does it need to. This game is designed specifically for those willingly to try at the game. If you dont take the time to learn and play the game, then you would have been confused. You also are playing the wrong game. Expand
  44. Jul 21, 2013
    The concept of the game is awsome, but poorly executed. The game feels like an eternal cop killing with some techinical flaws. But its still fun to play with friends.
  45. Jul 20, 2013
    The concept is truly amazing...having a 4 player co-op game is always a blast. If I could compare it to anything I would compare it to Left 4 Dead, in the style of how fluid the movements are and how quick and easy the game is to learn. There is a few things that prevent this from getting a 10 from me. First if you play this alone or even with any computer AI on your team its really hit orThe concept is truly amazing...having a 4 player co-op game is always a blast. If I could compare it to anything I would compare it to Left 4 Dead, in the style of how fluid the movements are and how quick and easy the game is to learn. There is a few things that prevent this from getting a 10 from me. First if you play this alone or even with any computer AI on your team its really hit or miss on what will happen. Second the AI on harder difficulties are really skewed they are still not very smart when you are in a room alone or kiting them around something over and over. In short if you learn the "tricks" you can really abuse the AI and make the game extremely easy. Lastly the leveling system is really confusing and I'm not entirely sure how it works still. But beyond those minor things the game really has a great chance to shine and the sequel will be coming out shortly (and will hopefully improve on these weak points). So I give it an 8 from multiplayer perspective and 6 for single player experience. Expand
  46. Jul 19, 2013
    PAYDAY The Heist is a brilliant game, that more than justifies its low price point.
    hopping in with friends or with other people online is very intense and challenging, not to mention incredibly fun.
    Besides pretty poor anti-aliasing (which can be overridden very easily from all cards, BTW), graphics are good and enviroments are detailed. Weapons and missions are a bit short, and yet it does little harm to this brilliant game.
    I suggest picking it up on a sale (it goes on sale rather often), especially with buddies, or waiting for the upcoming sequel. Worth every penny.
  47. Jun 22, 2013
    A refreshing break from conventional arcade shoot em' ups, Payday: The Heist is an enthralling and wonderfully tactical shooter, with incredible depth, realism and endless replayability.
  48. Jun 19, 2013
    I bought this game on Steam for a mere $5 including the DLC and is easily my favorite shooter in my Steam library. The only place it lacks is the amount of missions. Overall a fantastic game to play with your friends.
    Highly recommend :D
  49. Jun 18, 2013
    Payday The Heist is one of those games where you are unsure of whether its good or not but when you eventually buy it it is very addicting. Payday's Graphics are very nice. The game play is a smooth experience and has great elements involved, there aren't a mountain of weapons like you see in some FPS' but theres enough for you to enjoy. The levelling system is a cool feature you have toPayday The Heist is one of those games where you are unsure of whether its good or not but when you eventually buy it it is very addicting. Payday's Graphics are very nice. The game play is a smooth experience and has great elements involved, there aren't a mountain of weapons like you see in some FPS' but theres enough for you to enjoy. The levelling system is a cool feature you have to acquire a certain amount of cash altogether and you can level up picking between which class tree you want to go down Assault, Sharpshooter or support, these can be changed at any time in-game by holding Tab and pressing the 1,2,3 or 4 (4 is a dlc class that is called the technician). Overall the game is amazing its great to play play with 3 other people (preferably friends because communication is key in this game although the in-game voice chat is pretty poor) and have a good time. For £14.99 this game is well worth it and if you're unsure there is always the steam sales. Expand
  50. Jun 13, 2013
    Hmm Payday... This game is just so much fun. But only the MP-part though. It's not really fun to play with the AI since it is kind of dull. But the game overall feels great. The guns have a certain kick in them, they feel power full and the enemies are tough. It is for once a shooter game that require a certain tactic. One person can't just run out in the open like a mad man, and expect toHmm Payday... This game is just so much fun. But only the MP-part though. It's not really fun to play with the AI since it is kind of dull. But the game overall feels great. The guns have a certain kick in them, they feel power full and the enemies are tough. It is for once a shooter game that require a certain tactic. One person can't just run out in the open like a mad man, and expect to run from it in good shape.
    The game is very recommendable
  51. Jun 8, 2013
    Think of "Left 4 Dead", but with cops and robbers instead and about a million times harder. I don't know why the developers thought it'd be a good idea to make the game so fricking hard, but I won't be spending money on the second one.
  52. May 31, 2013
    Very good game, full of fun... is the best game to play with your friends. I do not like that i need to pay for the DLC, but its ok, was a cheap game, i only payed 5 dollars for it. The game is for me a 9.5
  53. May 30, 2013
    Bought this game from steam sale for 5 was expecting for robbery game instead i got COD with some bank elements added to it Basicly if you dont move to certain point or objective there will be endless amount of cops .
    Too few lvl.s too stupid AI Drills getting stuck entire time maybe next time dont buy a chinese copy .
    Ugly graphics Crappy movement Guns unrealistic M4 shoots
    Ugly graphics Crappy movement Guns unrealistic M4 shoots its mag to empty in 1-2 sec like it's shooting 2000 rpm .
    Every police is a sniper even with shotguns police shooting you through cars and spawning behind you or next to you .
    Police running through walls & sometimes bugging out
    Taser police really after you shot like 100 cops they sent in a police with taser ......................-.-

TLDR Buy a COD instead this is just its little brother that tryes to be a bank robbery game but fails in it hard.
  54. May 28, 2013
    Payday is an amazingly fun game. I like how simple, independent games like these always manage to get me to sink many more hours into it than any of the higher budget titles that are out.
    Unlike most shooters out, Payday forces you to play realistically. Your goal is not to rack up a body count, but to perform a heist. When a Rambo tries to run into the open, and play the bad-ass, they end up getting horribly raped, arrested, and then left behind as his teammates progress through the stage. The game just has a really intense feel as you yell at civilians to drop to the floor and shoot out surveillance cameras in preparation for police arrival.
    I have seen quite a few complaints about the AI being 'too sentry,' but imo, it is very realistic. The task force units feel professional and trained as I would expect any officer charging into a bank heist, or general hostage situation, would be. However, they are quite careless about shooting around civilians and you will often find yourself feeling like you are trying to save innocents from a reckless police riot.
    Overall, this game is soo good I bought it twice. Once for PS3, and once for PC. The only reason I do not give this game a perfect score is because, regardless of how good it is, it could have been better. I would like to have seen more content in the game, and could come up with a huge list of easily implemented ideas that would have heavily deepened the game-play. Also, this game does not hold your hand. It took me too long to figure out how to access and change my progression tree. Many game features you may only discover through playing with others, such as hostage negotiations.
  55. May 26, 2013
    One of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. The AI is some of the worst I've ever seen though. I hope they put more effort into the second one's AI, cause if this one had at least alright AI, it would have been a 10.
  56. May 15, 2013
    I just purchased this game and its been a long while since the game or any DLC dropped and I found it quite worth 20 bucks. Its similar to left for dead some people argue to similar. Well whats funny about that is I actually am one of the few people who hated L4D and have never even touched lf4d 2 and I love payday. I guess its because of the heisting and fighting police instead of zombiesI just purchased this game and its been a long while since the game or any DLC dropped and I found it quite worth 20 bucks. Its similar to left for dead some people argue to similar. Well whats funny about that is I actually am one of the few people who hated L4D and have never even touched lf4d 2 and I love payday. I guess its because of the heisting and fighting police instead of zombies and super zombies. Now there are special police units but they are rare and only 1 of them is silly the bulldozers. The game is fast paced and fun especially with other people and probably a blast playing with people you actually know which sadly I have not yet to experience. The game has a level up perk system that rewards new weapons and passive perks for the 3 categories. This is a good incentive to keep playing to reach level cap and get all the weapons and upgrades. You can also earn new masks.

Every game has a downside. For me yes sometimes the cops are way too precise and numerous at the same time. When you have super troopers, swat breathing down your neck and they seem to never miss unless your completely behind cover it can be quite unrealistic and frustrating. By the end of the day you slay waves and waves hundreds of cops which is kind of dumb. Theres only 2 missions where finesse can even be applied and without perfection you will still end up fighting for your life.

Another thing that bothers me is the lack of missions. There is 7 by default and the 7th is inspired by left for dead and is about stealing blood and breaking into the icu which is weird. The other missions are run and gun or hold the fort heists about hacking or stowing gold.

The only actual heist mission is the first world bank where you actually rob a bank and then escape.

There actually are not that many weapons either. Shotgun, mini shotgun, 3 pistols, a rifle, an full auto rifle, a heavy machine gun and trip mines.

The dlc adds a new class and weapons and upgrades and more levels but its ten dollars just for 2 more heists and some more levels so I do not feel that its worth it especially with the low online population for the game at this current time.

Of course the sequel is right around the corner and promises to deliver x 10 more and be what the original should be. Despite that this first payday is a fun co op experience that requires teamwork to outlast those dang police trying to halt your payday and put you into custody.

You can trade hostages for captured team mates which is great but the police always try to rescue hostages so you cannot and you cant take hostages with you you can only tie them down with limited cable ties and hostages cannot be used for anything else like delaying a police assault.
  57. May 9, 2013
    I picked up this game because it was billed as the same kind of game as Left 4 Dead, a game I highly enjoy. To be fair, it is just like Left 4 Dead. Just as a blatant rip off with no improvement or adaption.

See, in Left 4 Dead you have objectives to survive in a linear level and occasionally you have to fight off hordes of zombies while watching out for special zombies that can make your day even worse. If you get incapacitated you hope your teammates can pick you up further down and you get to rejoin the fun.

In Payday, you have objectives to survive in a linear level and occasionally you have to fight off hordes of police while watching out for special police that can make your day even worse. If you get incapacitated you hope your teammates can trade a hostage further down and you get to rejoin the fun.

If it seems I cut and paste that last paragraph, no worries, that is exactly what the developers did for the game mechanics. Instead of having zombies, you have brain dead hordes of police to gun down. Well done aptly named Overkill Software. Occasionally you have to deal with special police forces such as the martial arts 'smoker' or the one hit wonder 'bulldozer'. These are the police equivalents of the 'hunter' and 'tank' zombies respectably.

There is a problem here though. First off, as you would imagine, everyone has a gun.So the developers put in a 'recovering shield' system on top of a normal health point pool. This makes it a cover game. The problem of this is that in a cover game usually you then have the ability to lean out of cover, usually considered a standard feature. It is sorely missing from this game however, which forces you and your teammates to leave cover.

This brings me to the next problem. Every cop is a marksman in automatic fire, uses automatic weapons, and is perfectly willing to shoot up a room to kill you. While that might tie into real life where police need to be proficient marksman, you however as the crook seem to have higher morals then the police since you get heavy penalties if you so much as graze a civilian. Said civilians loving to jump up and run into the line of fire. I felt as a criminal more of the protector of these poor AI imbeciles having to constantly tell them to stay down so that my teammates, the police, or myself didn't accidentally shoot them. Add onto this the police's ability to shoot at you from across the map without fail and no good way to tell where the fire is coming from.

Speaking of AI imbeciles, don't even bother trying to play this game by yourself. Just like in Left 4 Dead you will have to do all the objectives yourself. But considering all the AI has to do in a zombie game is just shoot the zombies, having basic AI can be forgiven. In Payday you need to do things like set up drills that will constantly jam. This forces you to run over and spend several seconds unjamming it so it can finish up the five minute countdown before you get to the next objective. This SHOULD have been something you could tell either an AI or human player to do, or just have the AI do automatically. But it doesn't which gives a solo player more of a workload besides being the only human player in a town with more cops then a police state apparently.

Overall, this could have been an interesting game. Had the AI for everyone been better, the objectives not tedious, the slew of reality flaws, and it not being a blatant rip off of another game just with guns this game could have been good. But it is only a year and some months old and it feels even more dated then that. Save your $20 and the $10 for the dlc and buy something else, like maybe the better Left 4 Dead. If there was a way to get money back from steam for this, I would.
  58. May 4, 2013
    After hours of playing this game, all I can say is wow. This game is amazing. It focuses on teamwork and communicating with each other. The gameplay is very face-paced as the police attacks you wave after wave and the more bulldozers, tazers, and cloakers come, the more tension you build and the more fun it gets. The graphics, in my opinion, are gorgeous. It's not Battlefield 3 or Crysis,After hours of playing this game, all I can say is wow. This game is amazing. It focuses on teamwork and communicating with each other. The gameplay is very face-paced as the police attacks you wave after wave and the more bulldozers, tazers, and cloakers come, the more tension you build and the more fun it gets. The graphics, in my opinion, are gorgeous. It's not Battlefield 3 or Crysis, but for a $20 game, you can't go wrong. There are some minor problems I have with this game, though. When you're interacting with something like reviving your teammate, fixing a drill, etc, it doesn't let you look around you and the mouse acceleration. I don't really mind the 1st one but Overkill is fixing that in Payday 2 which is great news, but mouse acceleration was a huge problem for me when I first got the game. However, I soon got used to this and Overkill has also been trying to fix the problem. I was saddened when I found out there were no mods available because of the engine the game is running on. Hopefully Payday 2 will be more flexible with mods and such. If this game was a $50 title, I would grab it. Amazing co-op game.
  59. Apr 22, 2013
    A very good game, not your usual twitch shooting, run in and kill 'em all first person shooter, which makes a nice change. My only criticisms are that it is very difficult to play the game solo and that it seems to take quite a while to rank up and unlock new guns (about 4 hours of gameplay and no new guns so far, I don't mind all that much though).
  60. Apr 16, 2013
    (PC is alot better to play on btw) Overkill did an amazing job with a game that wasn't that huge, and for $20 it may not be worth it to some, try getting it on sale on steam. There is alot to unlock, such as upgrades and new weapons. Personally i think that this is always a good thing, and to any fps gamer out there i think this is a great addition for your shelf. First off the graphics,(PC is alot better to play on btw) Overkill did an amazing job with a game that wasn't that huge, and for $20 it may not be worth it to some, try getting it on sale on steam. There is alot to unlock, such as upgrades and new weapons. Personally i think that this is always a good thing, and to any fps gamer out there i think this is a great addition for your shelf. First off the graphics, they are pretty nice, not the best compared to the ones you can find in call of duty and battelfield, but in those games you don't get to hold hostages and rob banks. Gameply is like any other hybrid shooter, and in a way a bit like Call of Duty but it's gameplay is pretty linear. Find the objectives, kill cops and keep hostages, break into something or escort someone, and then hold out until you get to the final objecives. More and more cops keep piling at your doorstep and the AI is terrible, but that's why they have multiplayer, with 3 other friends you will have so much fun you won't come out of your room for 3 days. Difficulty is also a great thing, you can be a n00b and play on easy and normal, or become a pro and start out playing on hard and overkill (overkill 145+ is your level 145) and it rewards you alot of cash, literally cash. Cash is used to level up with, levels are called rep and there are 145 levels (193 if you have the dlc) and there is alot to unlock. Masks are also a neat feature, you have your basic clown masks but there are a ton more to collect, sadly there are some you can't get anymore. This game is defiently worth buying and you should not hesistate to buy, but get a friend or to aswell, cuz AI sucks. Expand
  61. Mar 29, 2013
    A well crafted and very fun multiplayer. Much like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 2, it manages to keep its charm for a very long time, and the upgrade system helps that out. The graphics are lacking a little, and a good deal of the animations are stale, but that doesn't bog down the game too much. The whole bank robbing/criminal atmosphere of the game is presented extremely well, and isA well crafted and very fun multiplayer. Much like Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 2, it manages to keep its charm for a very long time, and the upgrade system helps that out. The graphics are lacking a little, and a good deal of the animations are stale, but that doesn't bog down the game too much. The whole bank robbing/criminal atmosphere of the game is presented extremely well, and is capable of sucking you into the experience. It may not be the best or most addicting multiplayer out there, but it's worth the money and it's still fun as hell. Can't wait for Payday 2 to come out. Expand
  62. Jan 20, 2013
    Gladio77

the idea of the game its to rob no to kill random people, i anderstand that you think its unrealistic but if they dont make those limits the game will change a lot.
  63. Jan 12, 2013
    While nothing ground breaking, Payday: The Heist does deliver. What exactly does it deliver? Pure cooperative arcade styled action packed fun! Do not expect next-gen graphics are AAA assets, but do expect to have a blast either taking down 'the man' or screwing around with friends. This game does what many have failed to do over the past decade... Focus on fun!
  64. Dec 8, 2012
    Enjoyable but really fun when multiplaying. Otherwise, bots are RETARDED and make you fail a heist because of their stupidities. Very frustrating. Without multiplayer capability, this game would suck. However, it's one of those few games that is filled with hidden objectives and prices so there are good chances that you'll discover something new you missed every time you redo a heist. InEnjoyable but really fun when multiplaying. Otherwise, bots are RETARDED and make you fail a heist because of their stupidities. Very frustrating. Without multiplayer capability, this game would suck. However, it's one of those few games that is filled with hidden objectives and prices so there are good chances that you'll discover something new you missed every time you redo a heist. In that sense, this game has one of the highest replay values I've ever seen. Expand
  65. Dec 8, 2012
    Fantastic Game.
    Great fun, good by yourself, but much better cooperative. Hours and hours of fun with your Mates!
    Fantastic Game.
    Great cooperative game and very well done, also considering this was their first game (Overkill) the deserve a high five. the only downside is there isn't more heists! although, 6 is actually good because they change every time you play it and there is the no mercy map (free for pc :D) and the 2 dlc maps which also give you a new unlock tree. :D :D :D :D :D BUY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW
  66. Nov 22, 2012
    When I read some papers this game was considered as a little brother of L4D only with cops instead of zombies. In that reviews the game look not very good. When I tried it I found that this game is amazing than L4D. The soundtrack is very good, the game isn't a only way from start point to end point but you need to move continuosly in the map for complete goals or take the police in theWhen I read some papers this game was considered as a little brother of L4D only with cops instead of zombies. In that reviews the game look not very good. When I tried it I found that this game is amazing than L4D. The soundtrack is very good, the game isn't a only way from start point to end point but you need to move continuosly in the map for complete goals or take the police in the back. It's more strategic than most fps that I tried and is good to play in solo as in multiplayer (but if you have a good team with vocal chat is better)
    IA isn't very smart but this is a multiplayer game first so it's acceptable and the graphics isn't top, but in a game where you need online people is good because also old PCs can run it
    Replayability is high because cops don't spawn from the same areas (or if they, they can be of others tipe), also every heist have some story variables that can change the battlefield, so every game is a "new" game also if the map have the same name.
  67. Nov 15, 2012
    very good game.amazing co-op.
    the missions are fun and the game is realistic you actually fell that you are robbing a bank or a jewelery store or something.
    the bad thing in the game is the number of the missions i would enjoy it more if it has more missions
  68. Nov 14, 2012
    A excellent, Jolly good game. The game's genre itself is an exception, being a game independent towards robbery. The gameplay itself is also quite good portraying one needs co-op if you want to be successful towards heisting. The game is considerably challenging leaving players to tactically make a run or try towards the goal. When playing this game it gives me a feel action at Its prime,A excellent, Jolly good game. The game's genre itself is an exception, being a game independent towards robbery. The gameplay itself is also quite good portraying one needs co-op if you want to be successful towards heisting. The game is considerably challenging leaving players to tactically make a run or try towards the goal. When playing this game it gives me a feel action at Its prime, original and very amusing. The set of law-enforcers or enemies within the game make you switch how you play the game, making the experience of a huge bulking man in a bomb defusal suit ( Bulldozer ) makes you strategically plan how to get rid of him. Bottom line_ get the game. It is very unknown and underscored, but believe me, It is one of the best FPS experiences I ever played that have had a somewhat low score. ( Killing Floor). Trust me, at the price this game is at, It's like Robbery. However not for you, only for OVERKILL for releasing such a game at only 20 USD. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2012
    Payday: The Heist is a low-budget, low-cost independent co-operative FPS. It features a 4 player co-op mode in six different heists (two more if you have the Wolfpack DLC). It features a level-up perk system that differs from Call of Duty's because you choose which of the three (four with Wolfpack) trees you level up. The max level without the DLC is 145, and it gets up to 193 with thePayday: The Heist is a low-budget, low-cost independent co-operative FPS. It features a 4 player co-op mode in six different heists (two more if you have the Wolfpack DLC). It features a level-up perk system that differs from Call of Duty's because you choose which of the three (four with Wolfpack) trees you level up. The max level without the DLC is 145, and it gets up to 193 with the purchase of Wolfpack (9.99$). You couldn't call Payday's graphics "amazing", but they are decent and enjoyable. Its fast pace is extremely captivating, when you have dozens of police officers marching at you at once. It's also a good feeling to be on the bad side for once. There are very little bugs (I haven't encountered any myself), and the heists aren't linear, they can change at several points (for example the game randomly decides whether the helicopter driver throws the C4 at the building's roof or in the back alley, etc.), and they all feel realistic and well-thought. Every heist is unique. The only thing that is bad with this game is that the AI can sometimes glitch out, making the officers just stand and do nothing. That happens rarely and they start moving after 2-3 seconds or after you shoot them. Overall, this game is fun, it'll take you some time to get to the max level (you can reset levels if you want to start from scratch again), it features unlockable masks which is also a pretty good system of customization and it costs mere 19.99$. You should definitely get it, and if you liked Left 4 Dead, this game is pretty similar to it, but with more diversity and a different setting. Collapse
  70. Nov 7, 2012
    Best 20 bucks you could ever spend, really great game, great teamwork, great maps, or heists :P, would really recommend this game for anyone who wants a really good game.
  71. Nov 3, 2012
    Payday:the heist is a first person shooter indie game made by the company overkill, their first game and a very good job of it. It takes you to a group of 4 bank robbers (you being one of them) they are all controlled by players, although the game does have AI for robbers instead of players, this AI has a common phraise know as **** They dont complete mission objectives, making singlePayday:the heist is a first person shooter indie game made by the company overkill, their first game and a very good job of it. It takes you to a group of 4 bank robbers (you being one of them) they are all controlled by players, although the game does have AI for robbers instead of players, this AI has a common phraise know as **** They dont complete mission objectives, making single player quite the pain in the ass, and will just be plain stupid. Like reviving you almost instantly in front of the entire pissed off Chinese army and wondering off like there's zero **** given. However these small errors can be overlooked by simply playing the game. It's a real joy, the music sounds like a continuing countdown to the next epic assault wave, the reloading and shooting feels real and powerful. You honestly feel like a hardcore robber without having to go into gregge and threaten the guy at the counter with a (clearly fake) water pistol, and later getting arrested.
    Although not explained, this game has a levelling up system, and a quite good one for that fact. The enemies aim very well with very powerful shots forcing you to take cover and work as a team, somthing not seen so often with new modern games. The graphics look very photo realistic and slick allowing you to dive into the games atmosphere even more. So you may think "well that's all good but there's a serious lack of content here I mean there's only like 9 missions?" we'll I can tell you that these are very long and very good missions, they are all extremely different from each other and all give you a new experience. There's different ways of doing them and they are all an average of 45 mins. And the game may say great replay ability, I thought this was meanly an excuse but they weren't kidding. I've played that first world bank mission close to 50 times give or take a few. Trust me I there's plenty of content. All In all payday is a wonderful game. Another thing is it doesn't have dedicated servers so playing can be annoying with unreliable hosts and bad servers but you can always host your own if your willing to wait five minuets. It's good all round and though it has some faults they can all be overlooked by the sheer fun and enjoyment you'll get out of it.
  72. Nov 3, 2012
    Great game, exiting missions and challenging difficulty levels. The grafic is also ok. You can adjust your equip to your needs exactly. If you play as single player your KI-Mates will follow your calling. For the higher difficult grade its necessary to play with real people together.
  73. Oct 30, 2012
    $4.99 on Steam sale, and I'm having a great time.. Yes co-op kicks ass! Nothing like getting some friends online and exececuting a flawless heist.. And killing a **** of cops..
  74. Oct 26, 2012
    this game is great. it has great graphics, really good missions and awesome perk tree. my main problem is that i dont have firends to play this game with, so its pretty boring for me. and when you start playing the game its very difficult to understand the perk trees, they never tell you much about it and until you fully understand it, it might be too late. so if you started playing thethis game is great. it has great graphics, really good missions and awesome perk tree. my main problem is that i dont have firends to play this game with, so its pretty boring for me. and when you start playing the game its very difficult to understand the perk trees, they never tell you much about it and until you fully understand it, it might be too late. so if you started playing the game go watch a video on youtube that perfectly explains the perks and hoiw to use them. a great game in overall Expand
  75. Oct 22, 2012
    It's mediocre. Only a handful of missions and none of them really feel different or inspired, strange gameplay mechanics - you kill cops but can't hurt civilians, and you are bank robbers. I personally found the aiming on the assault rifle to be terrible - specifically the iron sights (I see no option to turn it off either) which blocks pretty much everything your shooting at with your ownIt's mediocre. Only a handful of missions and none of them really feel different or inspired, strange gameplay mechanics - you kill cops but can't hurt civilians, and you are bank robbers. I personally found the aiming on the assault rifle to be terrible - specifically the iron sights (I see no option to turn it off either) which blocks pretty much everything your shooting at with your own gun. I've played other games with iron sights that didn't feel like this. You spend most of the time waiting and fighting off hordes of cops. There are better options for less or no money. Expand
  76. Oct 21, 2012
    As much as I like the idea of what they were trying to do in this game, it falls short in pretty much every direction. You can tell the game was designed to be 'Action Packed', every moment on the edge of your seat! However the outcome is not like that at all, it is just a grind through shooting police officers, and telling hostages to stay on the floor while you wait for task X toAs much as I like the idea of what they were trying to do in this game, it falls short in pretty much every direction. You can tell the game was designed to be 'Action Packed', every moment on the edge of your seat! However the outcome is not like that at all, it is just a grind through shooting police officers, and telling hostages to stay on the floor while you wait for task X to complete. The cops just keep coming, so killing them doesnt really give any gratitude, it just feels like a waste of bullets. For a game entirely based on shooting, you dont have much ammo, which some people might think makes it more challenging, but they are wrong, it just makes the whole thing stale, and makes you feel guilty for doing the very thing the game revolves around; shooting.

Then there's the AI.... the AI is just rediculously bad, it is programmed as if it was a noob cheating on an fps game with an aimbot, literally as soon as a pixel of your body is out of cover 5 bullets are hitting it, its really frustrating because when you get hit it blurs your vision and you cant see the shooter, and so your forced back into cover, I found the easiest way to actually down police officers is to take advantage of nooks and crannys to shoot them, like the gap between a door and the frame, because the AI doesnt seem to see you there, however that just also takes the fun out, because then it's just a case of shooting a completely dumbass unreactive AI, and its then too easy. I gave it a 4, because I admire the idea, and it is obvious alot of effort went into the game. I also didnt pay much for the game, got it in the steam sale for a fiver, and to be honest... the fiver feels like a bit of a waste on it... It's just not that much fun to play...
  77. Oct 20, 2012
    I just bought this off of Steam on sale for $5. The single player really is quite boring, but the bots are smarter than the bots they put in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. The co-op is just plain out FUN I haven't had this much fun with co-op. The missions I must admit are HARD. I can't even survive Normal. If your looking for a thrilling game that will keep your heart beating rapidly asI just bought this off of Steam on sale for $5. The single player really is quite boring, but the bots are smarter than the bots they put in Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. The co-op is just plain out FUN I haven't had this much fun with co-op. The missions I must admit are HARD. I can't even survive Normal. If your looking for a thrilling game that will keep your heart beating rapidly as you try to escape the police, this game is for you. For the PC the controls are a little quirky which gets kind of annoying. After you play this game you will feel that you want to rob a bank, trust me. If your getting this for $20 (which is it's retail price), then it's totally worth it. This is a MAJOR break from Old, Boring, Call of Duty. This game is also very fast paced so you need some quick reactions, now I don't mean Call of Duty quick reactions like dropshooting or anything like that just plain out REAL reactions. This game is fabulous. I HIGHLY recommend this game! Expand
  78. Oct 20, 2012
    I'm really not sure why everyone is so ecstatic about this game, it's one of the most boring and fairly unimaginative games I've ever played. It's described as "executing dynamic heists", but you're not "executing" anything; the heist is merely the backdrop, a story to an on-rails shooter where you shoot wave after wave cops and security personal in the head(or waste ammo on weakerI'm really not sure why everyone is so ecstatic about this game, it's one of the most boring and fairly unimaginative games I've ever played. It's described as "executing dynamic heists", but you're not "executing" anything; the heist is merely the backdrop, a story to an on-rails shooter where you shoot wave after wave cops and security personal in the head(or waste ammo on weaker hit-boxes). And that's what you do, move shooting guys in the head, stop, shoot more guys, move again shooting guys. Someone was right to describe it as left 4 dead, but with a different theme, but l4d's single player and coop bored me after I'd done everything on expert, but at least that backdrop was compelling, as were the characters, and the scenery and graphics interesting. This has no real interesting story or narrative or characters on rails that makes you want to play for that, and the gameplay is pretty dumb for a game these days. The hitboxes are simply and easy, and it takes a while to unlock any interesting weapons, which don't change the game much, except like the grenade launcher maybe make the game stupid easy, and this game doesn't need anymore brain dead elements. My friends gushed over it during the last free weekend (before the one at the time of me writing this) when I played it, and was bored before we were done the first run through, so I don't see the "endless replay" value they boast. But I guess any sense of a real game is gone from this generation. Just so you know what kind of gamers were talking about here, they have some of the most hours on l4d games, but complained about lack of "realism" in l4d2 (huh? who cares?) and despise the multiplayer...probably because they are so bad at it. So yeah, if you like games with no real variety or challenge, that you could probably finish smashing your face on the keyboard (what I was eventually doing for the weekend I was roped into playing this with those friends) Payday might be the game for you. Expand
  79. Sep 21, 2012
    This game is not what I expected. After first playing it I thought it was generic. I've got a guy constantly healing me as I absorb 30 rounds of ammo, As I didn't pay much for it I was ready to discard it. I mentioned it to a buddy and he said oh no you're doing it wrong. So I gave it another shot and I have to say that he was right. You get right into the action on this game and theThis game is not what I expected. After first playing it I thought it was generic. I've got a guy constantly healing me as I absorb 30 rounds of ammo, As I didn't pay much for it I was ready to discard it. I mentioned it to a buddy and he said oh no you're doing it wrong. So I gave it another shot and I have to say that he was right. You get right into the action on this game and the firefights are intense. Without that healing it would be impossible. Once I got over my preconceived notion of what the game should be I realize it's very good, and most importantly fun. Expand
  80. Sep 9, 2012
    Payday: The Heist is one of the best Indie shooters around at the moment, and with a growing community and DLC's in the wings, Overkill software have made a triumphant splash into the gaming world with their debut title.

Like many others, I was skeptical when I first saw trailers for this game. It looked clunky and low quality, but I thought twenty dollars was not much of a risk. Looking back, I would have paid much, much more for this game than I did. The action is brutal and fast, the gunplay is awesome, and the gameplay is flawless. The upgrade system leaves for massive replay value.

This is one of the best PC shooters around. Buy it now, you wont regret it.
  81. Aug 31, 2012
    Upon playing about 25 hours with my friends I think it´s time for a rundown.
    Let´s start with the good things:
    - Incredibly Atmospheric: The music is some of the best I heard in a while and it really makes you feel the intensity of the battle and the quiet moments + the music at the end of a completed heist makes you really feel like a smart gangster. - Great Leveldesign:
    Upon playing about 25 hours with my friends I think it´s time for a rundown.
    Let´s start with the good things:
    - Great Leveldesign: For people who say they hate that this game is only shooting, you aren´t really that right. There are more then one way for a lot of the missions. For Example Mercy Hospital, you can go in and play a game of chance with the Teddybear Chainsaw (shooting) or hold people hostage, shoot down the cameras, dress up as Doctors and get the blood from him without even killing one person and there are more examples, some are really just shoot missions but incredibly stylistic.
    - Customization: While it takes some time to get all of the items it is not really annoying because you always have a reason to do what you do as a player since every mission should be 1-2 Levels up. Plus the Items really differ, from Health Packs to Sentry Guns or Shotgun to SMG you got it, except Sniper Riffle but why would you snipe on a heist?
    - Great Co-Op experience: This is the most important point, you need to have 3 to 4 people playing this game with you and a Teampseak or Skype Server but if you do, oh my is this game fun. You really need to come up with a strategy if you want to do Achievements or beat the Overkill difficulty, and only one of you needs the DLC so that everyone can play (You still don´t have the Technician class but what counts are the maps). And if you don´t have friends, or they don´t like Videogames, there probably are some cool people you can meet on the Internet.

But there are also some bad things about this game:
    - No Explanation: Until I figured out I was able to Change my Class (Tab + 1-3) I was already level 11 and even if I love the level design you can get easily lost, you will be right on your track a few seconds later but nontheless annoying.
    - Unrealistic: While you have the feeling of being an amazing sophisticated Robber, you really start wondering if you just killed the entire Police department of ... the USA and I don´t know but it just bugs me that the enemies are so numerous but so weak.
    - Difficulty: It is always challenging which is a good thing but sometimes the game just feels to pull out a **** you Card by letting a Spec Ops leap into you from above and knocking out 1-3 People instantly.

Resume: Payday is an incredibly immersive and fun Co-Op Shooter which has tons of replay value and variety but has some problems here and there. All in all, definitely worth to check out if you have friends
  82. Aug 26, 2012
    Well i don't have to repeat what most people already said. I'd rather like to advise that group of "negative" reviewers to play this game with friends and voip, talk to each other or die trying xD Random gameplay gets really hard in higher levels, but is still possible. My tip for "BattleKeks": Try to do the heist "Plan A" Style, the first door is not intended to be sawed open, you have toWell i don't have to repeat what most people already said. I'd rather like to advise that group of "negative" reviewers to play this game with friends and voip, talk to each other or die trying xD Random gameplay gets really hard in higher levels, but is still possible. My tip for "BattleKeks": Try to do the heist "Plan A" Style, the first door is not intended to be sawed open, you have to do the heist the "right" way to bypass this ;)

The new level are really great and as expected very challenging. I don't know any shooter which is harder to complete/master/achieve the this one, maybe DayZ but thats kind of another genre so it's out of competition. It's the "I wanna be the Guy" of FPS xD

Highly recommended to buy and enjoy and also the big advise to play this game with people you know !
  83. Aug 10, 2012
    Payday is a fast-paced, objective based shooter, and fairly unique in that you control the criminals instead of the 'good guys'. You don't just run through a corridor shooting enemies who pop out, you get issued objectives that need to be completed to either progress, or effect some other outcome. For a $20 game, Payday has some pretty good graphics and fun team based gameplay, but IPayday is a fast-paced, objective based shooter, and fairly unique in that you control the criminals instead of the 'good guys'. You don't just run through a corridor shooting enemies who pop out, you get issued objectives that need to be completed to either progress, or effect some other outcome. For a $20 game, Payday has some pretty good graphics and fun team based gameplay, but I would warn you that it is definitely better with friends, and a headset is almost required for online play due to the complex nature of the missions. Expand
  84. Aug 9, 2012
    Well besides getting this on sale on steam for ONLY 5 dollars, I am very pleased with my investment. The game-play is very original and can be challenging when it needs to. I failed the first bank heist 2 times but I had so much fun doing it that I kept playing again. The leveling system is not very polished but it is fair and gets the job done. Overall 9 out of 10
  85. Aug 8, 2012
    If you have the money for it... Buy it. Right. Now. Most amount of hours I have ever spent playing on a video game has been wisely spent on PAYDAY. Buy it. Now.
  86. Aug 8, 2012
    Some pretty good graphics, A fast paced fps robbery how much more can you ask for. I honestly tnk from watching the trailers it make it look like yo had more outside freedom but you really dont but it makes up for the robbery freedom and also gives you egleest a good half an hour for each hiest so its more realistic in a sense
  87. Aug 4, 2012
    hahaha iu luv dis game fk hatres anyone hoo a8ts dis game is gayyyyyy lolololololololollololol i just think dis game deserves less bad reviews lulz haha
  88. Jul 28, 2012
    I found something out what really makes me angry about that game. It starts really promissing: You enter the hospital, for example and you´re about to start the heist. All good. You are cocentrating on your objective and you´re really into that "I can play the bad guys" setting.
    But, and its the same in every mission, after you set up a saw, for example, to break a door, which takes about 5 minutes which is ridiculous enough to break a door...., the bad thing begins.

From now on, that game is about to shoot. And kill. And shoot. And kill. I could continue. All you have to do is to shoot the police, which is extremely boring, the game tells you like " forget about your objective, just shoot as many cops as you can".
    After you did that, and the door finally got open, you have to break another door, of course you have to wait 5 minutes again and shoot as many cops as possible. Bad thing is, the shootings are not really spectacular. Graphics are kinda boring and dusty, gameplay is ultra 08 / 15.

All in all, I am really dissappointed with that game.
    It starts very promissing, you try to get into the story, but after a minute, all you have to do is shoot shoot shoot and forget about anything else. Wow, sometimes you have to reset the saw, lol.
    I would N O T recommend it to buy, unless you want uninspired 08/15 shooting, but in that genre, there are 100 games out there who make it betther.
  89. Jul 20, 2012
    Gets old very quickly but it was worth the 5 bucks it cost on steam for summer sale
  90. Jul 19, 2012
    This game was just a random purchase I made last week. It can be played single player and that's definitely a good experience. But it SHINES when you are playing with your mates. I was telling a friend of mine that I really haven't had as fun with a shooter co-op game like this since the first time me and him played Left 4 Dead together years ago.

Indeed, the game shines in

Indeed, the game shines in multiplayer and in addition to being quick with a gun, it builds on the features we loved so much with Left 4 Dead.

1) It has an experience system. The more you play, the more perks you get. Extra ammo bags, more zip ties, etc. In Left 4 Dead, the game became stale to us after 3 years of basically playing the same thing over and over with no real difference. In this game, we're always trying to better our experience ratings and it's not a grind at all, merely a byproduct of enjoying the game with only adds to the overall experience.

2) The mission system is perhaps one of the best I've seen. Not overly complicated but not as dull as "press the button, now live through a horde attack". Truthfully, at first this kind of annoyed us as some portions of the mission send you all over the map to perform various tasks, but after a few hours we got really into it and after a while of playing the game, I simply don't know how we did without it before.

3) The enemies fire back! i.e. the AI in this game is fantastic! There are various difficulty modes and it does what it says on the tin. The easy modes are easy, but train you to better play the game. The normal difficulty is great after you've learned how to play the game. The hard modes are absolutely a blast to try with your mates just for giggles to see how badly you get creamed by the enemy. 4) Replay value - you get your money's worth with this game! The day L4D 1 and 2 came out we had beaten each level many times within the first day. After that there wasn't really anything new to do and we continued to play because we loved the randomness of it. This game is noticeably more difficult but in a fun way. Each map has a good 30 minutes worth of enjoyment and often times starting out it's very difficult to even complete the level without dying or being arrested.

This game is definitely one I'd recommend to those who absolutely loved the Left 4 Dead series (people that like having fun and don't particularly enjoy hating life) but couldn't get into something like Dead Island or Borderlands due to those game's inherent RPG elements being both needless, bland and irritating to deal with as they feel tacked on. In Payday the Heist, the leveling system is very much streamlined so you've not constantly fidgeting with grossly misplaced tasks like repairing weapons or leveling up a skill tree. In a shooter I find RPG systems to be completely out of place, sucking out the fast paced intensity that provided all the fun from shooters. Buy this game now, get your friends to buy it (or gift it to them) and thank me later.
  91. Jul 15, 2012
    A very fun game! What's good about it that its original and its not another army or war fps... I'l give it a solid un-chewable 10 because its original and fun online :D
  92. Jul 15, 2012
    A very fun game, look like Left 4 Dead !
    Dynamic environments and adaptive enemy tactics, teamwork is essential to survive.

You must have this **** game !
    ;D
  93. Jul 14, 2012
    This game is good, but man is it F***ing hard, on single player the AI teammates on normal arent tactical or smart and pretty slow, so you kinda have to play with real life people (i assume) who know what their doing with FPS games to stand a chance. You get overrun so easily near the end of the levels and it turns into just praying u get lucky to beat the level without your teamatesThis game is good, but man is it F***ing hard, on single player the AI teammates on normal arent tactical or smart and pretty slow, so you kinda have to play with real life people (i assume) who know what their doing with FPS games to stand a chance. You get overrun so easily near the end of the levels and it turns into just praying u get lucky to beat the level without your teamates dieing and you get tazed to the ground by the cops and lose. The levels are doable, but freakin hard. I speak from my single player experience. Single player on easy is hard and normal is way hard. Ive played FPS games since wolfenstein back in the day, so im no noob ( COD series is a joke compared to this) ...anyways, its a fun game, hecktic, fast pased insanity, fighting waves of cops from all directions, back, front, building roofs, heli swat drops, windows, snipers, seems like from everwhere as you try to rob certain situations...god, ok well back at er i guess, just thought id take a break and write this review and go have a cig before trying again, one more time on this level before i stop for the evening. Havent played online yet, but i hope its alot easier (guess it depends on who you play with, but the AI in this are retards) happy heisting fellas, hope ya get rich :) Expand
  94. Jun 2, 2012
    I'm really not a fan of games where you don't need any shooting skills (guns without recoil and stuff like that). But Payday is AWESOME game!!!

Gameplay score is pure 10!!! I'm giving 8 only because bad graphics and too less maps which make game repetitive. Don't be fooled with bad graphics! This game is deserved to be played!
  95. Apr 2, 2012
    The floaty controls absolutely break this game. It does not flow and the enemies are either brain dead or extremely smart. The unlock system is pretty lame and not up to par with current games. THere is no introduction or anything to tell you how to play the game either, google is used for that. The game is somewhat cheap, but you only get a few missions available to play and that coupledThe floaty controls absolutely break this game. It does not flow and the enemies are either brain dead or extremely smart. The unlock system is pretty lame and not up to par with current games. THere is no introduction or anything to tell you how to play the game either, google is used for that. The game is somewhat cheap, but you only get a few missions available to play and that coupled with the broken gameplay is just a huge deal breaker for me. Expand
  96. Mar 20, 2012
    When the game was out for free to try the game out, it was amazing. An amazing FPS game with you and 3 other people robbing a bank or getting a criminal or etc. The graphics in this game is amazing too! This is a really great game to get and it is worth your money. The problems you will have is online. In online, if someone joins the game, the game gets paused and will wait for the guy toWhen the game was out for free to try the game out, it was amazing. An amazing FPS game with you and 3 other people robbing a bank or getting a criminal or etc. The graphics in this game is amazing too! This is a really great game to get and it is worth your money. The problems you will have is online. In online, if someone joins the game, the game gets paused and will wait for the guy to get ready and etc. Another problem is first connection problems but, this isn't a major problem. Some games you cannot connect to the host or the host left the game. Besides those two problems it game is amazing! Expand
  97. Mar 19, 2012
    After my first impression on that game it develops towards a nice sparetime killer for a round or two -- nothing I could play for weeks!
    +++
    Some issues still remain: [a] AI in terms of civilian behavior, running in your line of fire while the cops seem to be able to shoot right through them without penalties, using them as human shield, [b] AI in terms of escorting behavior, forcing you
    Some issues still remain:
    [a] AI in terms of civilian behavior, running in your line of fire while the cops seem to be able to shoot right through them without penalties, using them as human shield, [b] AI in terms of escorting behavior, forcing you to push those characters forward in two-second-shouts or loosing those characters 1.000 bullets behind, probably doing the just survived assault once again, [c] AI in terms of companion behavior, reviving before clearing a zone or reviving NPCs first while all players go to custody and thereby failing the mission, and
    [d] SWAT-clown-cars flooding the streets with cops even if no assault is going on, so you never know if to hold a position until a moment of rest or push forward until you are moments from death.
    +++
    BUT after all the game is fun and learning and knowing levels is the goal to handle challenges, offering you a real flow in the game, while in other games the sweet-spot is when you still have something to explore. The game might be dead after a month of playing but surely come up every once in a while anything else is overplayed. Once the AI would get fixed this game was really good!
  98. Mar 18, 2012
    This game doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. It's a solid FPS shooter with objective based items to complete in order to finish the round. The voice acting is good and the style of play is a heck of a lot of fun. The community also seems pretty cool. If I had anything to gripe about, I'd like to see more missions, as it only comes with six. Occasionally Amazon will run it forThis game doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. It's a solid FPS shooter with objective based items to complete in order to finish the round. The voice acting is good and the style of play is a heck of a lot of fun. The community also seems pretty cool. If I had anything to gripe about, I'd like to see more missions, as it only comes with six. Occasionally Amazon will run it for $5.00 - $7.49. Purchase the game download and activate your CD key using Steam. You will still get all your Steam achievements. Good way to save money on such a great game. I give it a 9.5. Two thumbs way up! Expand
  99. Mar 14, 2012
    Un juego mas que aceptable para jugarlo en compañia y sobretodo para jugarlo con dificultad subida.
    El apartado grafico es excelente y la posibilidad de que las situaciones vayan cambiando le da siempre un toque diferente a cada partida. Para mi muy recomendable.
    Solo encuentro algo negativo: la falta de mapas. Esperemos que en breve pongan mas!
  100. Mar 7, 2012
    PAYDAY is very fun 4-player cooperative game. It feels a lot like the Left 4 Dead campaigns, yet offers its own identity with its bank robber foundation and character leveling--plus in L4D, you don't have to worry about the zombies shooting back at you! In fact, if you've ever watched the movie Heat, you have a good idea of what's in store. This game does require a lot of teamwork to win,PAYDAY is very fun 4-player cooperative game. It feels a lot like the Left 4 Dead campaigns, yet offers its own identity with its bank robber foundation and character leveling--plus in L4D, you don't have to worry about the zombies shooting back at you! In fact, if you've ever watched the movie Heat, you have a good idea of what's in store. This game does require a lot of teamwork to win, since you usually have to rely on teammates for ammo drops in addition to covering your ass. The campaigns are a good length and there are several levels of difficulty providing a challenge for any level player. Tasers, riot shields, bulldozers, cloakers, and hostages give it a well-rounded feel. It does lack a decent tutorial and the campaign objectives are not always straightforward, but the community has been pretty friendly in lending a hand. There are also some minor nuisances and deficiencies, but overall it's worth a look. Expand
  101. Nov 14, 2012

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 27, 2012
    Entertaining cooperative multiplayer is why you should try this unconventional shooter. Technical issues and obsolete visuals prevent a higher rating. [Jan 2012]
  2. Dec 22, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. PC Gamer
    Dec 1, 2011
    Payday is the most exciting parts of your favorite movies cobbled together, swapping the brains for extra bullets. [Jan 2012, p.67]