Pirates of the Caribbean PC

7.4

1. MikeW.
    Aug 13, 2007
    I keep trying new and different Pirate games but none are a patch on this one. Why won't Bethesda just let us have a new improved version of this? It has to be the best pirate game ever!
  2. BarryW.
    Jul 7, 2003
    The game is great. If your a fan of Pirates the is the game for you!
  3. Jean-baptisteA.
    Jan 10, 2005
    It's a good game but there are a few bugs need te be repaired like, when you talk to a character and you quickly press continue the mext charactert in line of the story won`t react to your call but for now it is a quality game.
  4. Jok`RdeMo
    Jul 12, 2003
    Well, at first look, game is great, but later U realize that it is boring. The sea map is like for small kids, it is also full of ships. Where have ya seen so much ships in sea? Sea battles sux - so slow and boring, especailly because there are so many of them. When ya sail from one to other island, there will be few battles, and that is each time - annoying. And also it looks like its Well, at first look, game is great, but later U realize that it is boring. The sea map is like for small kids, it is also full of ships. Where have ya seen so much ships in sea? Sea battles sux - so slow and boring, especailly because there are so many of them. When ya sail from one to other island, there will be few battles, and that is each time - annoying. And also it looks like its been copied from game Sea Dogs, so many similarities, except that Sea Dogs will soon have part 2, but Pirates R new, but look like first Sea Dogs. Expand
  5. RickK.
    Jul 3, 2003
    This game is morrowind with pirates. what more could you want? :)
  6. Frankdubbedubbe
    Jul 3, 2003
    The game has great graphics. but the controls and the everlasting search for missions are boring the seabattles and fights are to hard all by all zorth a try.
  7. Frank
    Jul 9, 2003
    Crashed out two computers on first start. still can't get it to run. install is not 1.5GB it is 2.5 GB. Hello, I'll be happy if i can just get the game to run on a 2ghz with 512MB Ram and a 64MB video card.
  8. RobM.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Utter rubbish. The writers get rich on this one only because there is no way to get your money back if their release a program only fit for the trash can. The keyboard controls keep failing, the buy/sell interfaves don't properly work (I've even accidentally sold my ship for nothing). Then you have to wait a while before you can start again because the menues stop working.
  9. R.L.
    Feb 10, 2004
    It´s cool.
  10. SombrusB.
    Mar 2, 2004
    I like the game but it has the weirdest bugs in it that make me wonder how they could not see it, the game gets kinda boring after 7 battles and tons of trading soo, my rating doesn't get higher.
  11. DaMan
    Sep 7, 2004
    Soooooooooo, when is the first damn patch coming out to solve the inexplicable bugs they left behind? Bethesda must have hurt itself badly falling from the heights of Morrowind to the depths of the Caribbean sea.
  12. MATTL.
    Jan 8, 2005
    This game had a lot of potential, but the controls (PC) are a little frustrating at times. I would not buy this, but would consider buying a sequel if they fixed the little glitchs, and control issues. I found the game confusing at times and still have not figured out haw to draw my gun.
  13. ThomasA.
    Mar 27, 2005
    A brilliant storyline with awe-inspiring graphics rolled into one. Although there are several annoying bugs the gameplay easily compensates this." best pirate game ever!"
  14. DealsM.
    Oct 8, 2007
    Awesome game, throughly enjoyed playing it. Delving away from the main story to wage war with the english was definitely the most fun I had with this game :D Oh, and btw if you press TAB in the map view you can scroll around entire map, a few of you didn't seem to know that.
  15. SYMBA
    Mar 3, 2007
    I don't understand you who didn't got how to control this game. THERE IS OPTIONS (if you don't know you can set your own controls there)! This game is incredible and worth playing. It's hard at start but when you got what to do in battle it's easy.
  16. Glen
    Sep 15, 2007
    I enjoyed this a lot. Ok, the controls are a little bit iffy and the combat could be better, but they made a big effort here and it shows through the immersion. The slight free-roaming aspect works well, allowing you to take your time with the main missions and tour the caribbean finding the odd side quest and beefing up your ship. Graphics are vibrant and impressive still to this day. A I enjoyed this a lot. Ok, the controls are a little bit iffy and the combat could be better, but they made a big effort here and it shows through the immersion. The slight free-roaming aspect works well, allowing you to take your time with the main missions and tour the caribbean finding the odd side quest and beefing up your ship. Graphics are vibrant and impressive still to this day. A must play for pirate fans. Just remember it's a bit amateurly made. Expand
  17. Rollins
    Jul 15, 2003
    Graphics ar awesome! But that's nearly all. Hmmm... boring, boring, boring... Sea Dogs was much more intersting. Story sucks. This game should not be in VIPirates lounge. And finally this is not an open ended game, and it keeps me from replaying it. Storm 2 engine is great, and it should be used to make some real pirate game, not this sucking disney adventure.
  18. RoyI.
    Jul 4, 2003
    Crap
  19. S.Carter
    Jul 7, 2003
    When I first saw this game and realized it was from the same people that brought us Morrowind I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Now my hands are cursing me more than the pirates from the movie are. The graphics are nothing short of gorgeous and beautiful but the controls and the way you have to fight is absolutely unforgivable. Why not use the same controls as Morrowind (or at When I first saw this game and realized it was from the same people that brought us Morrowind I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Now my hands are cursing me more than the pirates from the movie are. The graphics are nothing short of gorgeous and beautiful but the controls and the way you have to fight is absolutely unforgivable. Why not use the same controls as Morrowind (or at least as close as possible considering the 2 completely genres of games). Please Bethesda, learn what works (Morrowind) and what doesn't (this game). Expand
  20. AlJ.
    Aug 12, 2003
    Awesome.
  21. JackR.
    Sep 18, 2003
    While stunning and there are many improvements over the original Sea Dogs, this game plays like too much of an Xbox port on the PC. Good stuff: Graphics, the economy engine is still there, more exporation over the original, you can develope your character how you choose. You can usually chose the time of day and weather in which you do your evil deeds. If you get frustrated, you can go on While stunning and there are many improvements over the original Sea Dogs, this game plays like too much of an Xbox port on the PC. Good stuff: Graphics, the economy engine is still there, more exporation over the original, you can develope your character how you choose. You can usually chose the time of day and weather in which you do your evil deeds. If you get frustrated, you can go on a killing spree and murder everyone in a town if you so choose. You even get experience points! Then you can just leave the town and come when you come back, no one remembers. Pistols were a nice addition. Bad stuff: The controls were not up to PC spec. It plays like a console port instead of the PC game it was supposed to be (when the hell are they ever gonna learn that console and PC ports don't work well). They're awful, and I can only imagine them being more nightmarish without a keyboard. You can't move your ship and work the action menu as in Sea Dogs. You can't customize the controls for the sailing map. You can't identify the number and types of ships on the sailing map in case you want to raid a convoy and if you choose to engage, you're always too close to turn and run. They always shoot and you're always almost sunk trying to capture even the smallest of ships. Plus, they can always kill you on deck no matter what your luck and combat skill levels are. Sea Dogs never had this problem. There are too many things that can kill you. The fatigue factor is no longer a problem in fighting, so defense in swordplay is useless. Everything is prohibitively expensive. There are only half the ship types in the original to play with and unless you crack it, you can't even buy the best of those. You can't keep officers assigned to prize ships when you sell the prize off like you could in Sea Dogs. I only play this game because I bought it and dammit I wan't my money's worth. If you like this kind of thing, go ahead and get it, but be prepared to spend hours on end going nowhere because you keep finding ways to die. Expand
    Sep 22, 2003
    Great graphics don't make a great game. This one lacks gameplay and fun factor. Extremely boring crap but it helped me see gamezilla and some other game sites knew nothing about "gaming" and didn't check games any deeper than graphics.
  23. GerryH.
    Jan 11, 2004
    It's definitely one of the best games i have ever played in my life- you have quite a great sense of freedom, which is essential for a real super fun game. i dont understand all the people who dont like it- they are sad! ok, it has some wrong things, but there is no game that doesn't.
  24. R.D.
    Jul 21, 2004
    Very good game but it doent seem to get very far.
  25. MookieS.
    Jul 4, 2005
    I love this game. It is difficult, but excellent all the same!
  26. NickH.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Great game, beatiful graphics, i played it over and over again =)
  27. JakeM.
    Apr 21, 2006
    Need to be able to show a complete map of all the Islands such as pirate island or smugglers lair and where they are.
  28. JosiahT.
    Jul 26, 2006
    This game is the most amazingly realistic, fun and all around a-we-so-me game of all time. The buying of stuff is so realistic, you can buy things like jars, rings, necklaces, ships, cannons, and everything you could normally buy.
  29. MahdiM.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Though it has some bugs it is a wonderful game. It has a great storyline. On land fighting isn't too fun but the more important ship battles are extremely well made. The RPG-aspects gives it more depth. You can even be a trader (or smuggler if you like it more) if you get boored of fighting or want to do something else. This is a very good game since you can do so much and it's Though it has some bugs it is a wonderful game. It has a great storyline. On land fighting isn't too fun but the more important ship battles are extremely well made. The RPG-aspects gives it more depth. You can even be a trader (or smuggler if you like it more) if you get boored of fighting or want to do something else. This is a very good game since you can do so much and it's really fun even to just sail around. Expand
  30. JaredJones
    Mar 9, 2008
    Just like the second and third film. Avoid this at all costs. Controls suck, gameplay is boring, sotryline is...well there is no storyline. I did not even make through the tutorial level with out dozing off. Don't play or buy, it does not even deserve a rent.
  31. EdwardD.
    Jun 30, 2009
    The game is awesome, some things are hard, like the fighting (on boats and on land) but as i say it is awesome. if there was to be a new version, there should be some cheats, like some more money! i get 5,000 every time i go on it which is hard. please write if there is an easy way to make money.
  32. ChrisJ.
    Dec 11, 2003
    I loved the game, until I got to a part where it always crashes. I can't get past it anymore, it's related to the date rolling around to a specific day (which is about 5 seconds away on the sea map). Bethesda said they have a patch forthcoming... the developers are unresponsive. The game has been out half a year, so I'm not holding my breath. Would be an 8 if it wasn't I loved the game, until I got to a part where it always crashes. I can't get past it anymore, it's related to the date rolling around to a specific day (which is about 5 seconds away on the sea map). Bethesda said they have a patch forthcoming... the developers are unresponsive. The game has been out half a year, so I'm not holding my breath. Would be an 8 if it wasn't so horribly buggy. Expand
  33. Killa420
    Jul 13, 2004
    This game feels like i am playing a mmorpg, except there is NO multiplayer. The controls are so horrible i cant stand playing it. No options to change mouse settings, it would be playable if you could set the controls similar to morrowind. You can map all the keyboard buttons such as del or end. You cant map intelimouse buttons like mouse 4 or 5. I mean, half life could map them. That This game feels like i am playing a mmorpg, except there is NO multiplayer. The controls are so horrible i cant stand playing it. No options to change mouse settings, it would be playable if you could set the controls similar to morrowind. You can map all the keyboard buttons such as del or end. You cant map intelimouse buttons like mouse 4 or 5. I mean, half life could map them. That game came out 7 years ago! There are like 1000 times too many ships on the world map becuase you cant go anywhere without getting into a battle, which are nearly impossible to win. I did happen to win one, and the game crashed on me. THX but NOTHX Expand
  34. GardenG.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I might give this game a much better rating if I could play it. It has so many game-stopping bugs I've had to restart 4 times today. I bought this game a year ago, and gave up on the controls after an hour. I pulled it off the shelf today, dusted it off, and decided to get my money out of it. My keyboard refuses to respond on the map screen, and some bug keeps me from reaching the I might give this game a much better rating if I could play it. It has so many game-stopping bugs I've had to restart 4 times today. I bought this game a year ago, and gave up on the controls after an hour. I pulled it off the shelf today, dusted it off, and decided to get my money out of it. My keyboard refuses to respond on the map screen, and some bug keeps me from reaching the second island. PLUS the game keeps crashing at a certain point on the map screen whether I reload or not. Is it too late to get my money back? Expand
  35. PaulC.
    Sep 15, 2005
    Good game, but in some parts is difficult, the map should b better when sailing, as you cant see the other islands. and also u should b able enhance ur skills a bit faster.
  36. Oct 16, 2011
    I am still unsure what to rate this game. I think it deserves a 7 for its graphics and sailing game play. I found this game incredibly challenging. I might not have been playing it correctly but I had to save continuously and because the character is so weak in combat at the start it was so hard to board and take ships. I really dislike the default controls. In fact there is a lot that isI am still unsure what to rate this game. I think it deserves a 7 for its graphics and sailing game play. I found this game incredibly challenging. I might not have been playing it correctly but I had to save continuously and because the character is so weak in combat at the start it was so hard to board and take ships. I really dislike the default controls. In fact there is a lot that is bad about it (GLITCCHHHYYYY). However, the game had a good idea and a decent story to follow so I'll give it that. Expand
  37. Oct 9, 2014
    Amazing game with a great scope, I wish they take the Disney title out of the series and remake this game as the actual sequel to Sea Dogs. More words, Filler. 150 characters here I come.
  38. Jul 23, 2016
    I never found a game i love as much as i hate. Poc, SD, Aop i love these game but crashes and bugs ruin them im still waiting for these great games to be taken to the next level that is after they figure how to make one that works or maybe im supposed to be a pc technician so i can play video games.

1. Edge Magazine
    The joy of Pirates of the Caribbean is to be found in the variety of the elements delivered - sword fights and canon battles happily sit alongside contraband trade route management. But ultimately none offer a tremendous amount of depth. [Nov 2003, p.107]
  2. A cool game hiding underneath scads of bugs, control problems and weak swordfighting, leading to not a cool game whatsoever. If you're dying to be a pirate, dig up one of the Monkey Islands.
  3. If you like action games, RPGs, and especially pirates with a completely open ended storyline, you should get this one and it will offer a lot of time and replayability.