9.2

1. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  2. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    The best of the infinite engine games in terms of roleplaying (REAL roleplaying, not a game with a level-based progression system, more story then an action game typically has, with a bunch of empty choices). You're given a blank slate and are free to develop them however you wish, with your choices in game actually mattering, starting with your basic stats. In the other infinite engineThe best of the infinite engine games in terms of roleplaying (REAL roleplaying, not a game with a level-based progression system, more story then an action game typically has, with a bunch of empty choices). You're given a blank slate and are free to develop them however you wish, with your choices in game actually mattering, starting with your basic stats. In the other infinite engine games, there's few minimum stat requirements for dialog or quest options, making mental stats largely a waste, while physical stats, even for casters are usually the best stats. Not so in Torment....every action you take generally has some degree of minimum requirement involved. While a combat focused character can beat the game, they will have a DRAMATICALLY different experience from a more cerebral character would. This is actually largely a part of the setting. In the outer planes, reality is more malleable then on more stabilized prime worlds, allowing things as simple as believing in something enough (or enough people believing in it) to make it happen. This lends itself to a more thought provocting story. Though I will go ahead and acknowledge that the game play might not be for everyone. If you're more interested in combat or dungeon crawling, Baldur's Gate (equal balance on story and combat) or Icewind Dale (Dungeon Crawler with minimal story) might be more up your alley. However if a quality roleplaying experience is what you want, Torment does it best. There are actually very few games that can even rival it in those terms (mostly just Fallout 1 and 2, which are very similar in quality, though using a different overall system). Collapse

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.