Planescape: Torment PC

9.2

1. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  4. Aug 15, 2010
    This game is just hard to forget. Ten years has passed since I've been playing for the first time, and the impressions, emotions are still with me. Those who had sad that it has a far greater story than Deus ex, are, as far as I am speaking for myself, correct. It needs that kind correction though, that the story in fact is a amazing book story, superior, to *any* game story, we have seenThis game is just hard to forget. Ten years has passed since I've been playing for the first time, and the impressions, emotions are still with me. Those who had sad that it has a far greater story than Deus ex, are, as far as I am speaking for myself, correct. It needs that kind correction though, that the story in fact is a amazing book story, superior, to *any* game story, we have seen so far: including original Mafia story, or any good crpg, like Baldur's Gate. It is far greater too, than a few good books, I ve been reading. But, eventually, it is not ony history told so good, but also the mechanics of the game, ideas hidden here and there, make this game, the best one out there. Everything if perfectly balanced.
    Well, it would be great to se a another game taking place in Planescepe environment someday. Let's just hope it is possible.

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.