Planescape: Torment PC

9.2

1. Oct 28, 2015
    I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great,I love Baldurs Gate 2, Morrowind, Fallout and all the other classic RPGs and dont like the action action "RPG"s from today...I was very interesting and motivated for PS:T, but I was really dissapointed. The combat mechanics and the gameplay mechanics overall are so simple. The level up is boring. So in the core, the most interesting part is reading the dialogues, which are really great, but far too much.
    Of course this game offer great elements: The setting is amazing, it is sad, that there are not so many studios, that are really creating new worlds like PS:T.
    But overall I quit the game after 2/3 more or less, what happens very rare. This game is like reading a book instead of playing it. Therefore BG2 is still my king.
    Edit: The ratings here are manipulated btw. look at all the average scores, they re getting bad rates and the many 10s with only good ratings
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    is it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in theis it me or is the combat in this game horrible...I heard this has an amazing story line but i just couldnt get past the clunky combat...characters move so awkwardly, you are fighting enemy and you arent even hitting it and it is somehow dying. I played Baldurs Gate II, trying some of these older D and D games and prefer that one over this one. The characters are almost moonwalkng in the version I played..it was like bad nintendo platform at times..not to mention the musack you have to listen to. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    This game is fun but I have never been able to get into it like I had hoped. The characters are great and the story is good, but the controls and combat are slightly frustrating.
  4. Jun 24, 2011
    A videogame milestone, this Baldur's Gate derivative (it uses the same engine) isn't far from an interactive novel. Cast as the Nameless One, an immortal being, you go in search of your own memories and the meaning of your life (and more... but that would be a spoiler). The story is vast and original, the art style marvellously gothic, and many characters in subsequent games areA videogame milestone, this Baldur's Gate derivative (it uses the same engine) isn't far from an interactive novel. Cast as the Nameless One, an immortal being, you go in search of your own memories and the meaning of your life (and more... but that would be a spoiler). The story is vast and original, the art style marvellously gothic, and many characters in subsequent games are inspired by NPCs appearing in this one. Still, I feel the game is overrated. The story errs on the depressing side of tragic; it's hard to feel a connection with the Nameless One, especially on the matter of his past romance. Game mechanics wise, it's busted; you'll want to powergame the Int/Wis/Cha stats to get extra conversation options (the meat of the game), but the later stages are full of annoyingly tough enemies for no good reason. It's clear little effort got put into making the D&D 2E system work well: combat in this game is something to skip past (you can) rather than enjoy. I wonder if there's a fan patch to remove it? Collapse

1. Yet another astounding title out the doors of the Black Isle factory.
    Torment boasts a thoroughly enjoyable story line, and I can pretty much guarantee you won't be guessing how it all ends up with any degree of accuracy. This game has very few weaknesses, and predictability is certainly not one of them!
    Torment's graphics and sound are paradise. Gorgeous, hand-drawn backgrounds look sumptuous, even if they're overcome with dark, moody, colors.