PlanetSide 2 PC

7.0

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Planetside 2 is a game that has a tremendous amount of potential. The recently incorporated Alert system and test servers should provide a boon of confidence to those who have stuck with the game since alpha. It features (more or less) seamless sandbox exploration/combat on (currently) 3 massive, beautiful 5x5 km landscapes.

All this combined with a convenient and easy to use platoon

All this combined with a convenient and easy to use platoon interface and a moderate selection of weapons and attachments, this game would be a great game to play with friends and family.... in about 6 months to a year. Right now, despite its massive, ambitious scale and spectacular visuals, the only word that comes to mind is frustration. Pure, unadulterated frustration. Frustration that I can only get 20-25 fps in large scale battles on a high end PC, frustration that bugs that should have been squashed earlier on are still prevalent more than ever, and frustration that no matter how I look at it the ACTUAL METAGAME, the one that should have been at its current state should have been where it is 6 months ago.

The game as a whole feels very much like a late alpha/early beta state game. It was clearly pushed out the door before it should have been, and it's clear it still has a good 18 months before I would consider it a 'launch ready' title. That said it is a MMO, meaning that it's development cycle never really ends, unless the game flat out dies. That said, I think this game will have a nice long life, and will absolutely be worth trying out in another 18 months.
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    This is typicall FPS MMO. Once player figures out that nothing you do effects the world in any way, the desire to play this game will stop. Combine with the large amount of cheaters useing aim bots, cover locators, and graphic cliches, the ability to play in a individual or small group is worthless. If you do not find a large group to play with!!!!!!, Prepare to die a lot. If you want toThis is typicall FPS MMO. Once player figures out that nothing you do effects the world in any way, the desire to play this game will stop. Combine with the large amount of cheaters useing aim bots, cover locators, and graphic cliches, the ability to play in a individual or small group is worthless. If you do not find a large group to play with!!!!!!, Prepare to die a lot. If you want to have any other weapons than the standard, you will be spending real money as the grind for cert points to buy new weapons is just too steep. In the end, I cannot recommend this shooter except for the most dedicated shooter finatics. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this game is great but does have a few downfalls. I love the maps being huge but sometimes gets really boring not seeing a enemy for ages and spending the majority of time with team mates. To actually get any decent weapons in this game you have to pay which is sometimes really annoying when your a low level and the enemy's are high levels spending money and havingDon't get me wrong, this game is great but does have a few downfalls. I love the maps being huge but sometimes gets really boring not seeing a enemy for ages and spending the majority of time with team mates. To actually get any decent weapons in this game you have to pay which is sometimes really annoying when your a low level and the enemy's are high levels spending money and having really good weapons. Playing with friends is possible but finding them (even when their in your squad) is quite difficult when your one of those guys that dies allot.

The good points! This game is one of the most EPICist games i have ever played. Once your whole faction is together on the map you feel unstoppable and feels like your taking part in star wars. Hundreds of tanks, Jets & Carriers overhead and just troops running along side your tanks is a great experience.
  4. Jul 25, 2014
    Planetside 2 is one of those games that I REALLY wanted to absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, it’s fun as hell and it does something that is unique and captivating, something I've never seen done before! I want to give this game a great review but I can't. I hate the business model of this game. It’s pay to win, simple as that. It upsets me that every weapon costs 5-15 bucks (USD). EveryPlanetside 2 is one of those games that I REALLY wanted to absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, it’s fun as hell and it does something that is unique and captivating, something I've never seen done before! I want to give this game a great review but I can't. I hate the business model of this game. It’s pay to win, simple as that. It upsets me that every weapon costs 5-15 bucks (USD). Every upgrade to a vehicle, 5-10 bucks. You CAN actually unlock everything through in-game currency but holy hell… I hope you have the next 10 years or so free to grind cert points. If you don’t mind dying over and over and over again because you didn't want to drop 200 bucks on this game or if you are just a beast at FPS, you are going to have a fantastic time. Otherwise, you will get frustrated with this game very quickly. Expand
  5. Nov 26, 2012
    I was extremely excited for planetside 2 after hearing so many great things about it and watching all the videos, after playing it for roughly 10 hours excitement turned into disappointment. First thing players will notice is the massive scale of the game, 3 huge continents with hundreds of players battling over bases is amazing, the graphics are also quality and will require a powerfulI was extremely excited for planetside 2 after hearing so many great things about it and watching all the videos, after playing it for roughly 10 hours excitement turned into disappointment. First thing players will notice is the massive scale of the game, 3 huge continents with hundreds of players battling over bases is amazing, the graphics are also quality and will require a powerful rig to even play the game at medium settings, but in the gameplay is where the game falls short. For starters there is no tutorial, the game already has a steep learning curve and the lack of help is enough to turn players off from the get go. The mouse sensitivity is way to high and even after turning it all the way down makes it difficult to aim, since it requires persistent aiming rather than COD style twitch aiming, the poor hit detection, shoddy animations and the fact that you have to hit a player 10-15 times to kill them makes the game extremely annoying and takes away the fun that could be had with it. The guns also feel floaty and seem like they do very little damage. The developers also claim this is a free to play game which is not true, players that pay have a clear advantage over non-paying players as they can buy better guns, gear and armor and those that subscribe have bonus perks like extra xp and cert points; which is the games currency. Playing without paying could take a huge amount of time to unlock a new gun or even weapon attachments making the game even less fun. The game could have been brilliant, the scope is massive and unseen before, giving the player land and air vehicles, skills, huge amount of customizable weapons and objectives. But going up against players that shed money is frustrating considering they are much better equipped than you are. If you are curious to find out for yourself i recommend trying it considering the game is free to download, but if you are after a solid team based shooter for a one off payment giving you everything at your disposal, stick to battlefield 3.

Pros:
    + massive scale with hundreds of players
    + massive maps with heaps of bases to fight over
    + looks amazing on a powerful machine
    + large amount of weapons, vehicles and items Cons:
    - play to win
    - very slow gameplay
    - frustrating aiming and shoddy hit detection
    - lack of tutorial and steep learning curve will turn off gamers
    - takes too long to unlock gear without paying
    - weak gun play and weapons feel wake and similar

1. May 10, 2013