7.0

1. May 16, 2015
    I have put a lot of time into this game. It's probably one of the greatest FPS games to ever exist. The scale of the battles will spoil you away from games like Battlefield. There's just so much going on and even though you are just one person, you are an asset to one giant push on an enemy base.

If you are a new player and checking reviews to see if this game is alright. Let me tell you this. I came from battlefield. I played a lot. PS2 is very overwhelming at first. You have a lot of options and the tutorials are sub par even after all the new updates. It still Instant Actions you at the end, and I don't think they should do that. PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS. GET THEM TO PLAY ITS **** FREE. I cannot emphasize that enough, start a small squad, go to the warpgate, get in a gunship, and find your nearest 100 v 100 battle. You'll have a lot of fun that way.
  2. Mar 22, 2015
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    It got vehicle combat, air combat and infantry all in a combination that really does feel complete.
    When you add inn the VAST ability to upgrade just about anything, you got 20 weapons per class which in turn are upgradable with 5 addiotns( Scopes, grips ++) And there are numerous additions in there, You can upgrade AND choose armor
    This game is pretty much addictive in any aspect.
    You can upgrade AND choose armor type, and utilites( C4, anti tank mines, medkits and much more)
    These items are also upgradable to get a better effect..

And then vehicles are upgradable, and have different main weapons and passenger guns to be upgraded and changed into different types. (Anti vehicle, anti air, anti tank in different fashions)

So what can be wrong with this game, obviously kids and people who are really bad at playing it start crying and boohooing about the GRIND and the P2W.. And oh its unplayable i crash all the time..
    Cant be much more than their own fault for not having skills, not being able to do anything but rage because again they dont have skills and their computer is faulty or just they plain suck and actually have nothing else to do then rage some more because if they die, its the games fault :-)

No lag, no crashes at all for me ever even now or back 2 years when i played it as well..

So ignore the crybabies who obviously dont know how to play a game other than being a bad looser at it and then bashes the game instead of theirselves who are childish enough to not see the fault is at their hands either a unstable computer, Unable to play without raging or just sucks.
  3. Feb 14, 2015
    If you like FPS, then this game is for you. This will make CoD and Halo looks like child's play. An entire planet for you to dominate your opponents on.
  4. Zoc
    Jan 21, 2015
    Simply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite aSimply amazing and I'm afraid far too addictive. Ok so I have been gaming 20yrs or so since a young age starting with ZX Sinclair and Streets of Rage etc. I have lost countless, hours, days, months into a huge variety of games ranging from Metal Gear's, Gran Tourismo's, Guild Wars 1&2, Aion, Assassins Creed's, Supreme Commander, Dawn Of War series and numerous more. This game is by quite a long shot my all time favourite game. It has so much depth which when you consider that in essence all it is, is a large shooter. By depth I mean there are so many different paths I can take on my personal journey not to mention 3 factions to do it with. I can take to the skies in a number of aircraft, I can speed across enormous maps in a choice of vehicles. When I decide to get some exercise I can choose a multitude of professions to add to my PS2 experience from Engineer to Infiltrator and then each profession has numerous ways of playing and different styles. Even after a year I find myself asking (mostly on the newest of all the maps).. 'Not sure I've been here before' ! Then there is the graphics,... ok its a 2yr old game but the excitement is so easily captured mid battle with the glorious scenery along with a huge array of bullets and weapons filling the skies with luminous glows of various colours.... This game is quite simply a game all true gamers must try. Yes it is frustratingly hard for a long time when you first log in, but give it time and you will soon feel the buzz this game consistently offers. And to top it all off its free to play. Yes you can choose to spend your hard earned cash but all it really does is give you visual customisation and if you decide to, a head start on weapons rather than earn them the hard way. Cash is not needed to appreciate this game whatsoever, to prove this one factions default Light Machine Gun is I think one of the best in the game (Orion). Finally one more word on the scale of the game, its huge, really really huge. I often find myself relatively high on the leader board on whichever area I'm engaged in yet I recently found myself number 300+(forgot the exact number), meaning in the small section of the gigantic map I was playing on, there was at least 300 people battling for control across three (but most likely two) factions (factions meaning playable race's TR, NC & Vanu)....... Epic. Expand
  5. Dec 15, 2014
    If you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailorIf you're good at Battlefield there's no reason you cannot be good at this, the gunplay is almost the same in both. The problem most people have is in finding the meta, finding a role for themselves in the game, while trying to learn wtf is going on. The meta is simple, find a place where you're outnumbered, and see how well you can do. There's no other game which allows you to tailor the difficulty by increasing the odds you're coming up against, and it only gets better when you add a squad of friends to the mix. Expand
  6. Oct 30, 2014
    I am not a fan of MMOs or FPSs, but this combines the two to create something awesome, although I would appreciate it if I didn't have to keep entering my username and password. Just do a login through Steam.
  7. Oct 28, 2014
    Ruined my life.

Highly Recommended.

One of the most intense, insane and challenging games you will ever play.

My advice, spawn, look for cover and discover how to play your own way.
  8. Oct 15, 2014
    I have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gunI have just over 2,500 hours logged in this game. The honest truth is this: The game has a VERY steep learning curve, the system requirements are very high, experienced players will easily farm new players. That being said this is the best FPS i have ever played. It has such a steep learning curve because it is so COMPLEX and deep. Every class is a different play style, and every gun within that class is a whole new experience. Flying, Tanking, Infantry, Infiltrating are all unique and engaging in their own way. The battles can be small fights or ramp up into MASSIVE 3 way battles. The reviews about "pay to win" are very misleading. There is very little "pay to win", if any at all. I leveled to br100 without spending a single penny. Some of the best weapons in the game are default "starter" weapons, the differences are in their role and not direct upgrades. It is like saying a shotgun is better than a sniper rifle, or vice versa. They are just two different things. Player skill/experience are the real dividers. If you have a computer that can handle the game, and the patience to get through the "learning phase", you will be greatly rewarded with perhaps the best FPS you will ever play. Expand
  9. Oct 9, 2014
    The learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 newThe learning curve is tough, and the periodic updates may make the game crash, but the improvements and eventual fixes that have evolved in this game are amazing. A highly engaged community keeps balance improvements and new content coming. If you haven't played since 2012, they've added tutorials, a full scale shooting range, objective and achievement improvements, a 4th continent, 3 new vehicles, and countless weapons. Play it for the giant scale, the huge 200+ player battles, and the nearly endless strategies one can employ. Just try and resist the urge to buy camouflage from their store. Expand
  10. Oct 8, 2014
    This game is absolutely fabulous. The scale of the battles is unprecedented in the gaming industry. The outfits and platoons really bring a huge level team work that a majority of other games just don't have. This game does have a large learning curve, but it is entirely worth it. After sinking about 400 hours into this game, I have no regrets.
  11. Sep 28, 2014
    I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people.I have been playing Planetside 2 since beta and it had some growing pains along the way with performance and other development issues. It now runs smoothly and gets better and better after many hours of hard work from SOE. While most first person shooters rely on scripted scenes with jets and tanks in the background, this game has the same feeling of being in a war but it is ACTUAL people. The scale of this game is immense and extraordinary and is a game that I would fantasize about as a child. I find myself coming back to this game again and again in between and during playing other games. It is great to jump in and play for an hour or sometimes 4-5 hours. I recommend playing with friends and to play in platoons but you can play independently as well. If you tried this game and were frustrated by poor performance before give it a chance, it truly is a 10/10 game now and it is simply one of the best games I have ever played. It is a free to play game and the free to play weapons are good; however, you will want to buy some essential weapons like the second burster (anti air) for the MAX unit and a secondary weapon for the tank. I don't mind spending some money to support the game as they do require funds to keep the development going. However, I am glad it isn't a subscription based game as I refuse to partake in such game/ funding models. You can buy a subscription and it does help with experience and moving between continents, especially during "alerts", but it is not necessary. The game is just extremely fun and satisfying to play, especially when you blow up a vehicle carrying 6 people inside and you get all these "exp" numbers jumping up on the screen. I love the feeling of turning the tide of battle, sneaking up on a cloaking sniper and C4ing a MAX unit. There are so many memorable and incredible memories in this game that it really deserves a lot more credit. It is unfortunate that games receive most of their ratings in the first few months of existence as the development team has steadily made this game better and better and better. It just "feels right" now. I can see myself playing this game for years to come. You owe it to yourself to give this game a try and to join in on the battlefield of Planetside 2. Expand
  12. Jul 17, 2014
    Planetside 2 dwarfs other games, at least in terms of shear size and capability. You can find yourself fighting in battles ranging from only a few players to hundreds, perhaps even thousands of players. However, Planetside 2 being so big comes at a price: Performance.

Let me say, right off the bat, you need a good PC to play this game. Even some top of the line rigs can have trouble playing this game on the lowest of settings. However, recently, SOE has been working specifically to improve overall game performance, but still don't expect to play this game on your grandmothers laptop.

Despite the performance issues, Planetside 2 is a very enjoyable game, once you get the hang of it. You may find that the first couple hours you play the game, you might find yourself frustrated. But once you learn some of the basic tactics/strategies, you can become a very good player. But even after you get the hang of it, the learning curve is still quite large, and you may find yourself playing the game for a REALLY long time. I have been playing Planetside 2 for over a year and a half, and I am barely halfway through. However, assuming you can get past that, I'd definitely recommend giving Planetside 2 a shot. It still has plenty of growing room, (I think the developers have a 10-year development cycle!) and as is, there are plenty of great features to be explored.
  13. Jul 7, 2014
    Once you get into this game it if a fantastic amount of fun. The battles are on such a massive scale. Graphics are not as good as some other shoot em up platforms but am sure its done like that to be able to run massive servers.
  14. Jun 28, 2014
    Gorgeous.
    Even if this was a Pay-To-Play game, i would give more than enough to play this masterpiece!
    Perfect tactics that you must play to advance your squad/platoon and storm the front You do need to give it at least 2 hours to get used to the controls of it, when you do it is amazing. Graphics are top-notch! Game-play is fresh and new! Sounds are clear and great! Play this
    Gorgeous.
    Graphics are top-notch!
    Game-play is fresh and new!
    Sounds are clear and great!
    Play this game!!!
    but you do need a good rig to play it.
  15. Jun 7, 2014
    I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

I need to start this review informing you that I HATE free to play games.

But, this is the only one other than league of legends that I find somewhat fair in their model. - My only gripe about this game is when they release a new weapon.. they make it super awesome so everyone buys it.. then after a week and the sales start to slow down.. NERF! .. ask anyone when the shotgun first came out compared to now.. or the phoenix rocket launcher.

For the game play, 10/10... Love it!

Battles are legendary! The sheer size and scale of the armies that siege your fortress or bio-lab are amazing!

Guns are pretty balanced and each faction has unique art styles and few play styles that differentiate them for the others.

I like the pace of combat way more than COD and battlefield and the system of how you can upgrade your gear is a nice touch.

overall, I will be playing this game for many years to come.
  16. May 26, 2014
    Pros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 personPros: Fast gameplay and epic battles. You really can't ask for more out of a free to play game. Great game community. Can be addictive as your job is never truly done in game. No single weapon dominates in all fights. Fight on the ground as one of 5 classes or take to the air in one of 3 types of air units or grab one of several ground units from a two person four wheeler to a 12 person personal carrier. There is now lack of vehicle options in game.

Cons: Suffers from a lack of Meta game. You will find far to many people grinding kills instead of attempting to gain continent control for your faction. This can be frustrating for the true team player yet does not affect solo play as much. Game updates often feel untested prior to launch but are quickly repaired. Learning curve can be a little high so It is recommended to group up with one of the many outfits in game for a helping hand.
  17. May 23, 2014
    Best Free to play FPS in this moment.
    Not for everyone tho. It rewards only the patient players (to get through all that overwhelming information), they can really enjoy what this game offers.
  18. May 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. YES!!! I was in a battle at the crown with a grand total of 500+ people!(I am Vanu, and we only had ~50 people there, and the graph showed we were 10% of the people there. Btw, you need a really good computer to play. I use a amd fx 8350 and a gtx 760. I play ultra settings, but the LAG when you have hundreds of people. A** kicking fun when you just see chaos XD) (Btw, smoke grenades and emp grenades=TROLOLOL in these situations...you mess up hundreds of elmos and smurfs(TR and NC) Expand
  19. Apr 23, 2014
    1st, WTH are people ripping into the game for? saying there is no character devleopment? so? on BF and COD, i dont remember character development besides perks and weapons, this isnt an RPG game, its a game where you kill 200 of the other enemy on 3 different maps.

I didnt have to P2W to be good at this game. if your good at BF and COD then you will be good on this game. yes at 1st it drops you into the middle of a battle but unless your not looking when you die, you can pick to respawn in a different area or even the HQ(which is also a safe area and no fighting) which constantly has land vehicles or air vehicles picking up people and going off to battle. besides that you can spawn your own land or air vehicle to fly off in, the only problem with this is if you log in when the game is slow, then your driving or flying off on your own.

some people were moaning that you cannot heal "heavies" you can, its called repairing like you would a tank, they are mechanical and so you cant be a medic and heal them but you can repair them like a tank.

also no objective? it has more of an objective then BF and COD, instead of mindless killing which is fun, you also need to take over bases and mindlessly kill, with tanks, 4 wheeler things, troop transports, airships, air jet things, or on foot.

there is friendly fire and that makes a chaotic battle a mess if you have a bunch of foot traffic and tanks rolling through, happens on BF, so it seems all the people who gave this game a 4 or less havent played those other games i mentioned(call of duty and battlefield) since they cannot handle this game.

you had to spend 60$ to get those games but can play this for free, so dont expect to get every single weapon for free but i have seen that i can get most weapons by getting the points from playing the game on my own, and i didnt have to pay to win to be good at this game.

the only time i didnt like playing this game was when it was slow and no one on my faction was hardly on, i still found it fun harassing the bigger army and just taking over random stuff. also the other bad point, if your comp isnt up to snuff like mine, then it will be super laggy or unplayable, so im waiting on it to release to PS4, atleast i hope it will, otherwise i will have to upgrade my comp so i can play it.

its a fun game and worth trying out, its not P2W, it does have things you can pay money and get the items or some weapons faster but when you have 2 dozen of the other faction running at you, then that rifle you spent cash on is not gonna help you and as i said you can get the weapons with the points you earn from killing, defending or taking over positions, so its fun and not grinding to earn the weapons on your own and unless you get into a 1 on 1 battle(lucky you if you do) i dont think the weapon they have will matter too much.

also remember to those that are not familiar with this game and are thinking about it for the PC or PS4 when it comes out, this is where you have 3 different very big maps, and 1,000 or more peiple on each server which each has the 3 maps, so your gonna have on each map normally 100 or more of each faction, that means 100 people helping you fight, while you have 200 or more of the other factions fight you( there are 3 factions in all) so 3 armies all trying to take over big and small bases all over the map, and there are no rounds, just constant fighting. i have experianced myself 1 battle over a big base lasting for 3 hours, so no one won until enough of the other faction had to log off or give up, if you love constant fighting then you will enjoy this game, its non-stop.
  20. Apr 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic. In my opinion, it's better than EA's garbage child - BF4. I actually played this game awhile back. Back when it was in it's **** condition. You know, poor optimizations and stuff. I hopped into it again, and was surprised on how much the performance improved. Which is amazing! Now I can enjoy the game fully.

THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN BF4 OR BF3!
  21. Apr 9, 2014
    easily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgradeeasily one of my all time favorite games. no other game keeps me coming back like planet side 2. constant updates with new guns and features, and after the optimization update the game runs really well for me. i would agree that guns are a bit pricey, but after i got a membership that includes a 50% boost, certs (in game currency) were no longer a issue for me. and i was free to upgrade and buy as many new guns and abilities as i wanted. i will say that a big factor of enjoyment in this game for me is the community. devs listen to player feedback, and players are nice and helpful in game and in the forums. i would suggest checking out the planetside subredit and the official forums to see more about the game. the game does have a learning curve i will admit, i would suggest checking out some you tubers if you want to see game play or want to understand how to play the game. the you tubers in no order are: stl youngblood, wrel, zoran the bear, drathamus gaming. my closing statement is this, it is a free game you will lose nothing by downloading it, trying it, not enjoying it, and deleting it. but if you give the game a chance you may find a beautiful game full of player progression and endless hours of fun, supported by a helpful and positive community. at least that is what i found. go to www.planetside 2.com or steam and download the game, who knows what adventures will await :) Expand
  22. Apr 3, 2014
    Amazing game. Huge battles including 200 soldiers on one side and 200 more on the other side. There is a lack of tutorial ingame but you can find a lot of helpful videos in youtube. Every update makes this game even better.
  23. Mar 27, 2014
    Planetside 2 used to be a bit hard to get into but with improved tutorials and better objective setting, I'd say this is my favorite massively multiplayer game at this point. If you're interested in something with a bit more complexity and a bigger scale than the recent battlefield installments: go with this.
  24. Mar 26, 2014
    This game really deserves some more appreciation. It's been a while since its release, and many problems including the existence of bugs, performance issues, and a lacking introduction are fixed. This is NOT a p2w, as everything other than aesthetics can be unlocked using certification points earned from game-play. It does indeed deliver truly amazing graphics on an epic scale (even on myThis game really deserves some more appreciation. It's been a while since its release, and many problems including the existence of bugs, performance issues, and a lacking introduction are fixed. This is NOT a p2w, as everything other than aesthetics can be unlocked using certification points earned from game-play. It does indeed deliver truly amazing graphics on an epic scale (even on my middle class laptop), and all weapons are balanced. Expand
  25. Mar 6, 2014
    Very good game its better with friends but if u dont have strong PC dont play because u will have some lags!!! This is best FPS game i have ever played in my life its all about skills. Players please stop using tanks and aircraft so muck because u ruin the experience of the game.
  26. Feb 3, 2014
    I created an account to write this review. I am normally an anti-fps, anti-competitive type gamer because of the awful community it attracts and that 'twitch' skill requirement in order to compete. In PlanetSide 2 you can start off playing a support role as an engineer or medic and stay in the rear of the fight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mini-map for enemy positions and surroundI created an account to write this review. I am normally an anti-fps, anti-competitive type gamer because of the awful community it attracts and that 'twitch' skill requirement in order to compete. In PlanetSide 2 you can start off playing a support role as an engineer or medic and stay in the rear of the fight. Be sure to keep an eye on your mini-map for enemy positions and surround yourself with friendlies (green dots). Doing so will extend your life expectancy significantly until you are comfortable leading the assault.

If you want to avoid the chaos of close-quarters combat and slow down game some, you can be a tank or apc driver or man the turret. Just don't advance alone and be weary of aerial bombers. Park under trees or near some rocks so you don't get spotted so easily. Coordination and teamwork is very important in this game. These support roles, team play, and RPG elements makes this FPS more than a mindless shooter. I've only played the game for three days, but it's very addicting. My favorite memory so far is running with 100 other infantry, tanks, apcs, under air support across a relatively flat desert towards an enemy fortress while under enemy tracer and mortar fire. As one of the few medics, I saved a lot people that day. It was epic.
  27. Jan 25, 2014
    Planetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-platedPlanetside 2 is an intriguing mix of FPS, open world tactics, ATV driving madness. The game is very fun and the battles are gigantic, but it falls short on its "Pay to Win" pathways. Just because you've spent weeks on the game trying to get enough certifications to buy the next cardboard box doesn't mean you stand a chance against a level 1 who used real money to get the gold-plated cardboard box with a scope. That aside, the action is fast-paced, classes and factions are mostly well balanced and all around it's a game about teamwork, which adds a refreshing element to modern online FPS games. Expand
  28. Jan 22, 2014
    palnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going topalnetside 2 is not other FPS, it not other big f2p game that everyone will forget, this is one of the bigest games ever, from the amzing grhapic to the huge maps, with the massive number of players and massive battles you cannot forget that kind of game, even so it really hard in the start cuse of the game just trhow you to battle without you even know waht to do, you proboly going to spend you first hours in the game try to understand wtf you need to do, but in the end you found out this amzing game, if it wasent free2play i could easy see it sold in 60 and I was even pay 70$ for it, but no it free so thank the dev team and play, of course you cant play alone this game ment to be play with at least 5 friends cuse alone you not going to do much, so find good team and play. Expand
  29. Jan 2, 2014
    This game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff likeThis game wow, 9/10. Always have an absolute blast when I play this game. Game is admiringly beautiful and freakin' huge. Only thing I don't like about this game is the progression speed, takes way to long to unlock a new weapon, not only that but none of your gun progression can be used in other classes which kind of sucks. There is a payment option to quicken that or buy other stuff like armour. But this game isn't a pay to win. All guns and classes are perfectly balanced. Nothing is OP in this game, if there is, thank god I wasn't abused by it. Overall, great game, it's free so why not Expand
  30. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this Game. The epic battles ars so awsome, and its freetoplay its so nice. The Grapic ist not the best but for an freetoPlay game its amacing. when physx is on its so beatyfull. It makes lots of fun so i rated 10 points of 10 Expand
  31. Jun 11, 2013
    I tend to play most of my PC games at least 60+ hours or more. They're investments, since I spend so much time in them. Some games keep me coming back, like Team Fortress 2 (718 hrs.), Skyrim (298 hrs.), Civ4 (164 hrs.), Neverwinter Nights 2 (243 hrs.). Planetside 2 is going to blow them all away. I've got 617 hrs. in it so far, and the future looks better than ever.

Get in and find a

Get in and find a tour guide (like in an Outfit), start out as a medic and learn how to work with your squad. All you need is your rifle and your medic tool! PS2 is slow to learn, but awesome to master.

1. May 10, 2013