Poker Night at the Inventory PC

7.0

1. Nov 24, 2010
    This is how a Poker game should be, you feel like your playing with Tycho, Max, Strong Bad, Heavy. You feel like they're real people playing with you. You also get TF2 Items and side-stories for the characters, you can't go wrong! (10.0)
  2. Nov 23, 2010
    This game is actually really hilarious. I didnt expect much from 5 dollars but its absolutely worth it. And you cant feel anymore awesome playing poker with the heavy. Plus you get tf2 items! Great poker game.
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    This is outright the best poker game that I have ever played. The reasons are numerous: the conversation is humerous, the AI is challenging (and will learn your strategies if you play the same way over and over again), and the graphics are entertaining in themselves (you'll see a strange incorporation of 2-bit characters with the visually pleasing graphics akin to Team Fortress 2; aThis is outright the best poker game that I have ever played. The reasons are numerous: the conversation is humerous, the AI is challenging (and will learn your strategies if you play the same way over and over again), and the graphics are entertaining in themselves (you'll see a strange incorporation of 2-bit characters with the visually pleasing graphics akin to Team Fortress 2; a strange combination that somehow is blended very well).

For $5, this challenging poker experience with the promise of TF2 items - should you earn them - is well worth the low cost. The impressive AI, which is divided according to each character's personality and which can learn the player's strategies, makes this a poker game worth the price in itself. That is to say that if you like poker, then this game is worth the buy, but don't buy it just for the promise of items (because they are not necessarily easy to get) or just because of the commentary, because it will eventually start looping though that will take about 5 hrs to really happen a lot.

With all this said, there are a few things you should be aware of. First off, there is only one type of card game that I have found - Texas Hold 'em. (There are unlocks as you play through the game, but so far all I've found is that they merely change textures, such as giving you TF2 labeled playing cards.) Another thing is that there are only so many characters in this game, so it probably won't be long before you tire of them: though they are funny for at least awhile and you can turn off converstations afterwards. Lastly, you will quickly tire of the music... which is basically one or two tracks played over and over and over again... but if you turn the music off and turn Pandora on you should be fine.

With all of this said, it certainly stands as a good game worth $5 that is a nice break away from just shooting things up. It would be a 9.5 from me, but since I can't give it that, I round to 10.
  4. Dec 4, 2010
    I preordered Poker Night purely for the items, but found it so much better than expected. Telltale have done a magnificent job in combining multiple video game personalities into a casual environment, and can play a good round of poker too! Despite the high production values, I do have a few irks with the game, particularly the dialogue used. After playing for about 3+ hours, you willI preordered Poker Night purely for the items, but found it so much better than expected. Telltale have done a magnificent job in combining multiple video game personalities into a casual environment, and can play a good round of poker too! Despite the high production values, I do have a few irks with the game, particularly the dialogue used. After playing for about 3+ hours, you will probably find that each of the character's general lines tends to repeat - a LOT, especially for Max. ("Can you believe these cards actually smell like detritus?") It can get particularly annoying at times, especially when you have an item buy-in round occur frequently. Also, sometimes the characters may use lines that are out of context, sometimes addressing others when they aren't actually there, which can make things feel a little weird. Dialogue between the characters can be pretty funny at times, most notable lines being from the Heavy and Tycho, though you may have to be fans of Strong Bad's Game..., Sam & Max, TF2 and Penny Arcade to get some of the humor.
    In addition to the whole poker thing, there's... nothing, which isn't really a problem since it is a poker game after all. However there are the aforementioned TF2 items (which are actually just skinned versions of the default items) and unlockable deck and table skins for the game (but for some reason I prefer to stick with the default Inventory deck and table).
    Otherwise, it's a quite enjoyable game, well worth the $5, except maybe for the sometimes overly repetitive dialogue. Recommended, though play in short bursts so you don't get sick of the dialogue too quickly.
  5. Dec 19, 2010
    It is the day before I bought Poker Night as part of the STEAM Treasure Sales: I don't know how to play poker. The day after, I know easily how to play poker. The game is also extremely hilarious and definitely worth the money.
  6. Jan 24, 2013
    Not the most ground-breaking game and the graphics engine is a bit creaky, but this game is so funny, that you'll forgive it. Poker is a classic game and this is one way of playing it without taking it to the level of genuine gambling. I heartily recommend Poker Night at the Inventory.
  7. Aug 9, 2013
    This game delivers way more than asks (8 bucks). It's a nice time killer. It's great to see our favorite characters out of their games and kinda interact with them,
  8. Dec 19, 2011
    When you play poker with famous video game characters you know something interesting is going to happen, that's the case with this game, the hilarious conversations between the characters shown in this game are just great and winning Team Fortress 2 items is also great. This game is supposed to be a poker game though, at that this game is good but not great. there is only one game mode andWhen you play poker with famous video game characters you know something interesting is going to happen, that's the case with this game, the hilarious conversations between the characters shown in this game are just great and winning Team Fortress 2 items is also great. This game is supposed to be a poker game though, at that this game is good but not great. there is only one game mode and there is not much more into the gameplay apart from changing card decks and tables. The price of five dollars is a great price if you want to get distracted and laugh for a couple of hours and if you want to get free Team Fortress 2 items. It's a great game to buy for a low price and some good gameplay. Expand
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    This game is even steeper first chasti.bolshe modes of 2.Zaochki can buy various backgrounds and more drugoe.Omaha Hold'em and this is the first kruto.Eto steeper chasti.Tut can win items for TF2 and borderlends 2.A I have made ​​a pre-order and I was given the first part and there identity as cool. Only here for more vozmozhnostey.Luchshy poker all the time of my life!
  10. May 19, 2012
    A decent poker game which is honestly just massive fanservice, but manages to remain fun and engaging with the four different characters you can play against. This and the Team Fortress 2 items are the primary reasons most people buy this game.
  11. Jun 30, 2012
    This game is my ultimate time-killer. But it doesn't just kill time. It stabs it to death, destroys its innards, dumps it into a landfill, and dumps recycled aluminum all over it. To put it slightly less gruesomely, I love this game.

Graphcs: 9 out of 10. The graphics are some of the best I've ever scene out of Telltale Games. The lighting is very '30s nightclub, and the effects and

Graphcs: 9 out of 10.
    The graphics are some of the best I've ever scene out of Telltale Games. The lighting is very '30s nightclub, and the effects and textures are very high quality. The animation on the models are very smooth. Most lip-syncing is very top-notch but some lip movements are of in comparison to the dialogue. The game is not without its graphical glitches, though. I've seen cards floating over the Heavy's head, chips moving to the middle by themselves, among others. They are funny, so it's nothing to worry about, unless you worry about that sort of thing.

Gameplay: 9 out of 10.
    This game is a point-and-click simulated poker game. The controls are very simple using buttons and a slide to bet, raise, call, check, and fold. If you don't know anything about that stuff, look it up.

Controls: 9 out of 10.
    The mouse pointer and buttons work perfectly. There's not much else to say.

Audio: 10 out of 10.
    The game's audio is the pearl in this clam. The cast includes William Kasten as Max, Gary Schwartz as the Heavy, Matt Chapman as Strong Bad, Roger Jackson as the Host, and Tycho Brahe's first ever and hopefully permenant voice actor, Andrew "Kid Beyond" Chaikin. All characters have a boatload of dialogue and can interact with each other in rib-hurtingly comical ways. Conversations between characterscan be interuppted, though, so anticipate a few bugs. But for the most part, the system works well. The dialogue is funny and will keep you laughing for hours. The music consists of jazz remixes of music from Sam & Max, Homestar Runner, and Team Fortress 2 media. The remixes are catchy and top-notch. Overall, you should buy this game just to hear these guys talk to each other.

One last thing I should mention, this game is only $5! All the quality you get is well worth more than $5, but this MSRP makes this game irresistable for any poker enthusiast or comedy lover. Get it now!
  12. Jul 21, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. I think I got it for the TF2 items, to be honest, but I seem to play it from time to time even though I already have the items! Some critics say the dialogue can get boring. Sure, if you play for hours at a time, and only eliminate the same person over and over. If you take breaks, maybe vary your gameplay, the dialogue is hilarious! I've had the game for months,I really enjoy this game. I think I got it for the TF2 items, to be honest, but I seem to play it from time to time even though I already have the items! Some critics say the dialogue can get boring. Sure, if you play for hours at a time, and only eliminate the same person over and over. If you take breaks, maybe vary your gameplay, the dialogue is hilarious! I've had the game for months, I've played over 30 hours, and STILL I hear new phrases every so often!

Definitely recommended.
  13. Dec 26, 2013
    Maybe this doesn't have as much content as your typical video game, but for the game it is trying to be it is very, very good. For a poker game it is very impressive.
  14. Mar 28, 2013
    Lately people have been tending to play casual Texas Hold ‘Em Poker games on several website’s, including Facebook and Telltale Games had seen the increase of regular people wanting a go at casino games and took the opportunity to make something out of it. This is where Poker Night at the Inventory jumps in.

While I generally don’t tend to spend any money on games like Poker Night at

While I generally don’t tend to spend any money on games like Poker Night at the Inventory, the fact that it has four different character from different games certainly did the trick for me. In the game itself, you get to play Texas Hold ‘Em Poker with Max from Sam and Max, Strongbad from homestarrunner, Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2 and Tycho from Penny Arcade each of these characters are completely the opposites from each other which leads to various and hilarious conversations during the games. However, once you end up playing against one character because the rest is busted out the conversations tends to dry out as every few rounds the same will be said over and over again. A downside is that you cannot create your own character which could have brought slightly more diversion in the game as they could have added a few characters which you could choose from and gave them their own voices and lines.

The game-play is what you should expect from a typical card game, you get to see the cards in your hand and when it’s your turn, the buttons will appear for you. In the meantime the characters are all jabbing at each other or telling stories. However, the longer you play, the more known you will become at the way the character plays and you will be able to read from their faces wether or not they have good cards or are simply bluffing. One thing you should know is that there is no multiplayer option in Poker Night at the Inventory, nor is there an option to invite your friends. While I do understand that there are multiple players who prefer to play alone, I’d rather play some fun games with friends from time to time as well. Another downside of the game is that there is no option of changing a few rules or even playing some of the games that are inside the Inventory. A few mini-games could have been added to change the scene from time to time but you’re stuck with playing Texas Hold ‘Em Poker.

As for the graphics, they are certainly not bad for a game that purely focuses on the card game itself and the conversations being held. However, Tycho seems to be out-of-place as he is more cartoonized than the other characters. The building and the room itself are decent enough as well and when a character is busted out from the game, you can see them running around in the room or playing other games which certainly gives some depth to the room you’re in. Even if you will be paying more attention to the cards being dealt.

This review can be found on my blog: http://titangamereviews.wordpress.com/

1. Jan 26, 2011
    No matter if gamers are a fan of casual PC/Mac poker of just looking for an easy way to score some Team Fortress 2 item upgrades, Poker Night at the Inventory is a great bargain that also happens to be a very good poker game with a most unusual collection of card competitors.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 15, 2011
    Popular game of poker mixed up with memorable games-related characters could look stupid at first sight, but it works surprisingly well, even if you are a newbie to high stake games. [Issue#199]
  3. PC Gamer
    Jan 7, 2011
    Poker Night is weak on the fundamentals of card playing, but it's worthwhile for several hours of comedy dialog. [Feb 2011, p.78]