5.7

1. May 6, 2012
    As Port Royale 2, also this is a real good game! A lot of new features, the graphics are nice, every town looks different, that makes it marvellous! The creation of trading routes is much more better that in port royale 2! The campaigns are ok, but they are more to see as tutorials. The most lovely thing for me is that you can annex the towns now for you self, and the town assault is also better now as in port royale 2, where you had to destroy this stupid towers in the water. But there also a lot of features in the game that I'am missing a little bit from the second part of the game. The combat is a little bit different to port royale 2 and in the beginning a little bit confusing, but after 2-3 times it's also ok. But in whole it's the money worth! Nice remake! Expand
  2. May 7, 2012
    Thoroughly enjoying the sequel to Port Royale 2, The combat is a little wonky sometimes and I find myself auto resolving it a little often. This is basically PR2 with shiny new graphics, a few bugs, and a combat system that requires getting used to. The game is incredibly fun overall though, and I see myself playing it for the foreseeable future. The lack of a fleet inside a town being able to defend your property is odd, but worked around by parking your fleets outside your town on patrol. Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2013
    I picked this game up for sale on steam, and as a newcomer to the series I was very impressed. The artwork is amazing they put a lot of detail making everything look just right. To enjoy this game you really have to like economy based games, shipping goods from here to there. Some of the controls are not intuitive, but once you figure them out the game is very enjoyable. If you see it on sale definitely pick this one up. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Port Royale 3 is one of the best games I've encountered during the last couple of years. Despite starting to play a buggy and unstable release, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay is amazing, in my opinion, and by now all the bugs are gone (as far as I can tell, at least).

The main idea in the game is to either be a pirate and build your own naval empire, or be a trader (my personal
    preferred choice) and build a huge merchant fleet, and later on gain control over cities. The game takes place in the Caribbeans, during the European colonization in America. Therefore, you can choose to be either Spanish, English, French or Dutch, but you're not limited to trading with just within your country's colonies. Also, even for people like me, who aren't die-hard fans of "Pirates Of The Caribbeans", it's impossible to miss the connection. :)

The trading mechanism is quite realistic, and is a lot of fun, as you need to start small, trading stuff yourself, until you get rich and famous enough to buy more ships and more goods, so you can buy more ships and build businesses in cities, so you can manufacture goods yourself, which is obviously cheaper than buying them from someone else.

If you're into trading simulation, get this game, it's definitely one of the best of the genre.

1. Oct 25, 2012
    Port Royale 3 is not a bad game, not by any means, and I'd say on the whole it does a better job of things than Patrician IV did – it's still not fantastic though. Definitely one to pick up cheap if you can find it, but still worth picking up all the same.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    Port Royale 3 has a major flaw to bring everything at once, leaving after 7-8 hours of gaming on a repetitive scale and marked with a pattern of gameplay that's no longer able to offer real surprises.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    With the goal of approaching the console market, Port Royale 3 has simplified too many of its mechanics, resulting in a step back in the strategy genre.