8.8

1. Jun 5, 2013
    This game is perfect... basically if you are looking for a fun time and a new experience play this game. It is not the same game as Portal 1. Valve made the game a longer and more modern game, instead of the indie style of Portal 1.
  2. Jul 28, 2013
    Portal 2 is probably my favourite game of all time. Not only Valve was able to create one of the most amazing story lines ever created, but they were able to do so using only three characters and a mute protagonist. There are literally no words to describe how amazing this game is, but lucky for you, Valve is even more awesome than their games, and will let you purchase it for just a few euros, you don't even need to have a good pc, the Source Engine can be run even by the worst laptops on the market.

And here comes my main reason that makes this the best game ever created: Wheatley. It's just incredible how Valve could create such an expressive and fun character out of an anonymous core from the first game. He has so many face expressions that's almost unbelievable, and Stephen Merchant's voice fits just perfectly for him that you'll just get dragged into the story without even noticing it.

Every time you'll think the game gave you everything, there will be a plot-twist awaiting you.

I actually bought 5 copies of this game, one for PS3, one for PC, and three for friends. The console port is perfect, don't listen to the people that say otherwise.
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    Wow, a great game. Although it wasn't quite like Portal, I still loved it. Portal was quite dark and sometimes creepy. But Portal 2 was mostly humorous, which wasn't bad either! Overall I would easily recommend this game to anyone!
  4. Jun 24, 2013
    A great game overall, quite challenging with a dark atmosphere enligthened by pOtatOs, Wheatley, and Cave Johnson's registered voice. The storyline was actually impressive.
    The game itself and the coop are quite fun to play, particularly if you play the latter for goofing around with a close buddy and f*** things up.

However, the replay value of this game is very low, as once you have
    completed it, you have completed it. What I mean is that there is almost always only one way of solving a puzzle, and if you remember it you can easily do it, which is kinda uninteresting.

Unless you feel up to do a speedrun.
  5. Jul 5, 2013
    For some reason the best thing in this charming puzzle game is the dialogue. Sure, the puzzles are quite engaging and stuff but Portal 2 would be a 7 at max if there wasnt this brilliant writing and equally great voice acting. The addition of co-op is great but it isnt so hard when you have two people thinking what to do. The PC version is by far the best one thanks to Steam Workshop and a 75% sale every 3 days.

8.7 for PC
    8.0 for consoles.
  6. Jul 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is without a doubt the best game I have ever played in my life. the game is funny as hell, the puzzles make you, think the characters are some of the best in gaming history. The first Portal game was unforgettable. It was a game i got with the Orange Box and did not expect to like but ended up loving to death. this is Valves magic at its best, The story from beginning to end. And me personally think this game had the best ending to a game period. It had a clever twist wraps up story great, sending weatley out in to space, awesome, Glados letting you go and the turret opera awesome! Want You gone not as amazing as Still Alive but still Awesome. Plus This game comes with Co-op campaign you can play with a buddy whitch exceeded my expectations the most challenging part of the game because you have to work together with 4 portals. and has great replay value. Speaking of replay value if you want an infinite amount of it get the Pc version where you can make your own test chambers single player and co-op. Do your self a favor and buy Portal 2 you will be glad you did. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2013
    I love this game so much, I would never stop playing it if they made portal 3.
    Dear Valve, this game is great, and you really should consider making portal 3!
  8. Jul 17, 2013
    Portal was fun, it has some good puzzles but it was WAY too short! Portal 2, on the other hand, is a much longer, much better game. The writing was great, the humor fit well with the game and kind of made fun of the fact Chell can't talk. New mechanics are introduced all the time, keeping the game fresh. The puzzles were all different, some involve manipulating turrets, and some had you spamming goo everywhere. But Portal 2 is not perfect. Some of the puzzles weren't very fun as they were either WAY too easy or just not creative enough, but luckily the great puzzles are enough the forgive the flaws. And one of the biggest features of Portal 2 is multiplayer. And no it's not just playing through the exact same game except the players only control 1 portal, it's an entirely new game, filled with new 4-portal puzzles and funny gestures. Oh yeah, did I mention you play as Robots?! The interactions with GLaDOSE are really cool because you are robots. The multiplayer is basically it's own game!

From the great puzzles, humor and multiplayer, this game definitely deserves a 9.3/10.
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WARNING SPOILERS!
    Alright lets first talk about story the story is its the sequel to portal 1 and your in a hotel room and a robot comes in and moves it somewhere else and you explore the ruins of aperture science and awaken glados then you get to the puzzle part of the game than...well lets just say the game gets a lot different after
    Now gameplay
    The gameplay is nice and fun your brain will be exercising when solving these puzzles and more things
    and thats it
    Have fun playing!
  10. Oct 10, 2013
    Awesome game, just like the first one! The campaign is really immersive and the co-op is very fun to play with a friend. The achievements are very challenging.
  11. Jul 21, 2013
    Game has a great story, Simple logic and toughtfull puzzles. Good atmosphare and tons of easter eggs to find out.(that means look every sing e CORNER) the game is based on using 2 portals by the blue and orange portal. when you go true orange portal u get to blue portal exit and when you go to blue portal you get to orange exit. With 2 of these portals you nead to slove puzzles in a atmospharic and fun way. The story is prety well and you can build your own test chambers... you only nead to think with portals. You can play gam single player or coop, You can also play on campaing or comunity maps in bought type.You will find your self thinking a lot with your friends. Expand
  12. Dec 3, 2013
    portal 2... what can i say guys. this game is one of the best games out there and its so worth the price.
    i would recommend you to buy it and when you are done you will see what i mean. this game deserves a place in your library. get it now!
  13. Nov 10, 2013
    I recommend you actually play this. Even though I bought this first, (I don't have Portal 1) it is worth it. I bought it when it was $49.99, and was worth the money. This has more realistic graphics, and shaders. This game is honestly worth money. If you have only played portal 1, GET PORTAL 2. It is funny, and has warning signs saying stuff like, "In case of implosion, look directly at implosion." It has an interesting story, and GLaDOS isn't the enemy until Chapter 6 or 7. I'm not sure. But three words, GET. THIS. NOW.

PS: The most stupid guy here is Sprogger
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    Well, this is by far one of the best puzzle games I have ever played! I loved the storyline and the cooperative mode made the whole experience even more interesting and amusing. I was also excited by the PeTI (Perpetual Testing Initiative) that gave me the ability to create my own puzzles as well as to enjoy the mind-blowing creations of other users.
  15. Jul 27, 2013
    VALVE did it againg. AMAZING game arrived on our PCs.
    Portal 2 is SUPER fun, logic, at the end little bit hard. Just a little. Features Co-Op which is done very, very, very well. Glados and Wheatly are funny etc. etc..
    Anyway, I´m huge gamer, but I don´t spend too much time at FPS games, I´m more RTS fan 19 hour STRAIGHT), this game is my personal favorite and record (11 hour
    straight)...
    BUY IT
  16. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is epic to a degree that astonish me. Story is great. Characters are great. Art, music, gameplay, everything about this game it's pure epicness poured into a orange gel ready for you to test with. The only little flaw that I can see it's the lack of some of the timing aspects in puzzles that in the first episode were present, and the fact that sometimes the solution to puzzles it's too much evident because you can only put the portal on the right spot. Beside that, I loved every bit of it, and I'm kind of sad because I know that I'm likely not going to play anything this good for a long time. Expand
  17. Jul 29, 2013
    Very great gameplay and lots of fun. campain was great and coop is just as fun! and steam has added the option to add your own maps with steam workshop (i know you can move the maps into the folder) which makes it alot easier to add maps to portal 2!

Overall i give this game a 10/10 for single player, coop and the extra things to keep the game fun! one of many great games from valve!!
  18. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is wonderful. It's ..i think.. the best game from Valve.The story is great but the atmosphere bring this game to higher level. The characters are unique and awesome. Weathley have such a funny character. He's in a certain way, really idiotic but it makes this game more humoristic.

This game would not be the same without Glados and Wheatley.

It's simply a wonderful game.
  19. Aug 9, 2013
    This game has a great story, which will keep you playing for hours or even days. Also, the Co-Op function will add to this play time when you have a friend to solve puzzles with. And as an PC exclusive, the Puzzle Maker will add endless possibilites to have fun. Definitely best game of 2011.
  20. Feb 19, 2014
    Potral 2 is the best strategy game i have ever played. Even thou theres no different endings you'll still want to play it again. Portal 2 has allot of game mechanics that just make the game awesome. You play as a test subject to take down the robot GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System) and restore aperture science labs with the help of a core named wheatly but instead of killing GLaDOS wheatly get control of aperture science labs and goes crazy puts GLaDOS in a potato and now your off to take down wheatly. this game gets a 9/10 Expand
  21. Aug 10, 2013
    The game is absolutely amazing. It has great puzzles, great story and the multiplayer addition makes it just so much better. The puzzles are engaging and require a great deal of teamwork in multiplayer. Definitely a game that is going to take a lot of your free hours.
  22. Oct 25, 2013
    Once upon a time there were two Portal 2 players. One of them was there mostly for the story and all the complexity behind the obvious facts. The other player, who doesn't appreciate a good drama, bought Portal 2 for the puzzles, expecting to find some hardcore obstacles to his mind, just like he did in Portal. The first player reviewed the game as absolutely fantastic, while the other one reviewed it as a bad/average game, for it is too easy compared with its predecessor; however, the second player didn't think about how much he learned to work things out with portals on the first version of the game and how that knowledge may have eased his play-through on the second one.
    Some people are rating this game so bad because they found it easy... When I was playing Portal 1 the final puzzles were pretty easy too, because I got used with the whole portals concept. When I played Portal 2 I also found it somehow easy, but I talked to some people who played it for curiosity, even though they had not played the prequel, and guess what? They found it very hard.
    Stop saying the game is bad because you finished it fast. If you are doing so you probably did not even understand the story and all its details.
  23. Jul 28, 2014
    By any measure, a great game.

I finished it, and enjoyed it.

But, it's a 9 and not a 10, because it failed to live up to the example set by Portal 1.

Bottom line: a fun game, that is exceptionally well put together, but, unlike Portal 1, you won't be talking about it with your friends for years.
  24. Aug 12, 2013
    An excellent sequel to one of my favorite games Thank god it was longer than the first one, those puzzles were too easy. It was probably difficult for some because the mechanics were much more different than many were used to... but again, Portal 1 is so much shorter.

To whoever said the physics were broken: Time to get a new PC, man...
  25. Aug 15, 2013
    Taking a game like Portal, which story was bland and basic because of how Valve was trying something new, and giving it such a huge amount of story and character development is outstanding. I would not expect anything less from Valve.

Portal thrusts you into the future version of aperture as you desperately try and escape from Glados. Plot takes over and crazy stuff happens that you
    should experience for yourself, but its amazing. The puzzles are outstanding and some will leave you thinking for a good 20 minutes as you pick your brain and think of a number of different ways to use portals, cubes, lasers and turrets to your advantage. Once again Valve leaves you with only a portal gun while you try and figure out how to complete boss battles and objectives with nothing but your mind. Genius's had to have made this game, that much thought was put into it.

The Coop part of this is epic as well along with its own story. Great fun to play with a friend if you feel like using 4 portals instead of 2 to solve problems.

I pre-ordered this game like I do every Valve game with high hopes in my mind, somehow this game surpassed my high hopes and made my jaw drop. Truly a great game and you should place it at the top of your, "To Buy List."
  26. Aug 16, 2013
    this game is just the best game you will ever play...had to get this game across multiple platforms. best game play and best story line, u cant go wrong with it.
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    I am a totally biased fangirl and if i think of one game deserving the title "masterpiece", "portal 2" is the first one coming to my mind.

I love this game so much, that my wedding ring is one part of a portal-ring. This game is as close to perfection as a game can be for my personal taste. I loved portal 1 and portal 2 gave me more of this but enough new things to get me all over
    excited AND let me experience the love for this game with other people without the co-op feeling weirdly constructed.
    The writing is off the chart well. It had me in tears also thanks to the superb voice acting. I felt challenged by the puzzles, entertained by the story, intrigued by the settings. At a game like this i am always surprised that while playing it the immersion does not break, because I never really can do something that "breaks" a puzzle. Many, many games are so full of glitches and unintended short cuts, that this is worth noting.
    Thank you for releasing a complete game. Well constructed, a worthy successor to an insanely popular game where so many things could have gone wrong. Thank you thank you thank you.
  28. Aug 30, 2013
    The gameplay is better than the first game because they added some new elements to the game. But the best thing from this game is the story. You'll be shocked when you know the true relationship between Chell and GLaDOS.
  29. Nov 7, 2013
    The game is amazing, don't listen to all of the negative reviews. How long it takes to beat the game, sometimes depends on how well you do with puzzles. All of the negative reviews are saying bad graphics,
    -_-. Change the video settings. Hate the voices, then dont play a game with robots in it. All of the negative reviews are coming from people who dont like puzzle games, or just want to
    pick a fight with a portal fan. Expand
  30. Aug 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An absolutely wonderful game, which is as unique as it is brilliant. The story line invites the player to participate, from start to finish, while also offering great entertainment. The puzzles may have you waking from your sleep, and saying I've got it" as they are clever but not unsolvable. A community of puzzle builders will keep your mind working as long as it is willing. Expand
  31. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I finished this game i just could only think on GLADos, Chell and Cave Johnson for a whole week. The atmosphere is incredible. Because it isn´t the typical game with it´s story it´s even more VALVE took all the great ideas of portal and the great background story of HL and mixed them and create something new and unique. Expand
  32. Sep 24, 2013
    The reason that Portal 2 is a perfect game is obvious: there's nothing wrong with it. No obvious glitches, VERY few trivial problems (Graphics aren't PERFECT, but are great, nonetheless), and excel in every way a game should excel in. Story is fantastic, acting and dialogue is a unique highlight, the game has a very fitting atmosphere, and the puzzles never get frustratingly hard, but require you to put your new knowledge to the test. Portal 2 is truly a grand successor to the first Portal, and as well as all puzzle games. Expand
  33. Mar 1, 2014
    Portal 2 is a lot larger than the first one. It also has a Coop mode (no challenge mode) and the puzzles are harder than in Portal. I really like how the characters change, but the atmosphere is worse than in the first game.
  34. Oct 15, 2013
    A novelty. It's an amazing sequel, an outstanding production made by Valve. The portal concept still continues to appeal me after all this time, and the puzzles are way more complex and fun than the first game, which could take an hour to complete if you had played it already. This time, this game is on average a 6 8 hour game the first you play it, which is indeed expect-able for a typical Valve game, although the game can be 4 hours if you're skilled. The graphics, engine, concept, characters, voices... they're all amazing! Oh, and did I mention there's a co-op storyline? And with the recent updates Valve has made, like customly made Portal 2 maps, the fun never ends, with dozens and dozens of community-made maps that will keep you portaling for hours! This game is definitely worth the 20 bucks, and even the 50 bucks it once was. (Well, now it is with the community-made maps!) Expand
  35. Nov 14, 2013
    Portal 2 is a game that impresses with it's awesome puzzles and outstanding narrative. Impressively, even showing it's scale by the later parts of the single-player. Using the portal gun, the variations are almost endless, with the innovative mechanics being added.
    The single-player is challenging, without being frustrating. And it always stays interesting with the creative comments of
    the characters throughout the game which are hilarious. About the puzzles, they're extremely satisfying. It starts with the same test chambers of the original Portal, but progresses with brand new puzzles to solve, using the different mechanics.
    The co-op is revolutionary, and often difficult (again, without being frustrating). It requires strong teamwork, where the puzzles are sophisticated with different elements and mechanics. Four portals are needed to finish the tests, and it can become rather complicated. But not frustrating. To make the situation simplier, there's some helpful tools to tell your partner where to place a portal, what to activate etc. Also some goofy dances are presented.
    Creating tests became time-consuming to me, because I was experimenting with the different tools to make an innovative puzzle where other people will play. It's rewarding to see a simple system for making your own puzzles and, also, for playing others' creations.
    Narrative wise, it's just perfect. There's always an unexpected twist coming, which why this narrative succeeds. It also nails with the amazing characters who always have another clever quote to say. And the ending made me cry. About co-op's story, it's mostly fine with clever comments from GLaDOS.
    Visually, it isn't mind-blowing, but it is quite solid. It's design is flawless, and it luckily succeeds to create atmosphere. It uses an old engine, but that engine is still impressive for making good-looking games.
    The soundtrack impresses, but the voice acting is the most impressive thing about the audio. It's totally fantastic.
    Portal 2 is a work of art, and another masterpiece from the masterminds of Valve. (10.00)
  36. Oct 21, 2013
    The perfect sequel to the original Portal game. Interactions with Wheatley and Glados really brings in an appropriate atmosphere. Surprisingly, the game is still running on Valve's Source engine however the graphics are much improved and efficient. Going through the developer's commentary, you'll realize a lot of though has been put into this game. Valve please count to 3.
  37. Oct 22, 2013
    This game is amazing! It took everything that the original portal did right and improved greatly upon it.
    The gameplay is better, the characters are more funny, adn the story is amazing!!!
  38. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is a true work of art. The funny and mischievous characters, the awesome gameplay mechanics, and clever storyline add up to the best game ever made for PC to date.
  39. Oct 29, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant game with a superb story and puzzles that will keep you on it for hours. I completed it on 2 sittings after buying it recently on steam. I have to say it is one of the greatest games that you will play. Well done Valve
  40. Oct 31, 2013
    11/10. They took a 10/10 game (Portal) and made it better.

The co-op missions are awesome and would make it worth buying the game even if they didn't improve the single player mode.
  41. Nov 5, 2013
    This was a great sequel to an already amazing game. The problem I had with this game was the lack of replay value. Within 2 days I had already beat the single player, co-op, and had over 90% of the achievements.
  42. Nov 8, 2013
    Portal 2 is a true masterpiece.The Science-Fiction atmosphere and the logical puzzles are two ingredients that makes the game greater than everything...absolutely awesome.I honestly can say that Portal 2 is the best Valve game.I really like it and I recommend it
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    Wow, what an amazing game. And I thought that no sequel could surpass the first game. Valve really took what they had and mastered it to perfection. Portal 2 is extremely funny thanks to its great sarcastic humour, the puzzles are as always lots of fun and quite challenging (not challenging enough to annoy you and take forever to solve) and now there is even a co-op option, so one can experience this awesome game with a buddy. The player made levels are also a nice touch, providing basically unlimited content. If I were to compare this to the first Portal, the gameplay pretty much stayed the same, there are just a couple new gadgets to work with while solving puzzles. The story is now much longer though, so you're unlikely to finish it in one sitting. Graphics have also improved quite a bit, even though I think that it's running on the same engine.

If you're not sure whether you should buy this, stop thinking and just do it, there is a 99% change that you will enjoy this more than whatever else you were planning on getting instead, I also recommend playing the first thing beforehand, if you haven't already done so, it should be no more than a couple euro on steam. Overall I'd give this game a 9, but a perfect score for GLaDOS.
  44. Nov 10, 2013
    Portal was released by Valve in 2007. It was a weird game with only 3 hours of gameplay and left fans scratching their heads on what the hell they just played. Although it was short and had a simple story (or what we thought was simple), it was very fun. Portal 2 however, brings back what we loved about the predecessor and much, much, much more.

The main story is Chell and her new
    friend Wheatley trying to escape from Aperture Laboratories and to avoid spoilers that is as far as I will go. The backstory is much darker, however, but you will have to find that out yourself. All I will tell you is that it told us that the first Portal game had a much larger story. Back to the main game. The characters aren't forgettable and the story is amazing and is the perfect length of about 7 hours and all the new features are fun as hell.

The atmosphere of this game is the best I think I've ever seen. It makes me want to explore Aperture for myself with the amazing scenery and detail put into pretty much everything.

And even after the games singleplayer is done you can play the co-op story with friends or download custom maps.

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this game, its one of my favourite games ever.
  45. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

46. Nov 13, 2013
    Same as AntKiller1: Best game that Valve made after Half Life! Singleplayer is more than satisfying, it's brilliant! Ending almost made me cry and I love credits :D Coop is amazingly executed, actually, it has best Co Op I've ever seen! Graphics are simply amazing! Lighting engine does the job excellent and textures are beautiful. It has so much player created maps, so you will NEVER run out of things to do!

I totally agree you MUST buy this game!
  47. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is great! It has humor, a good storyline, co-op multiplayer, and most importantly excellent puzzles!! And these are all hard things to put in a puzzle game already, nonetheless doing it well (except for puzzles, duh). This is by far the best game I've ever played (except maybe Minecraft...)
  48. Nov 17, 2013
    If you love creative games, you must play portal. I love Valve so much. It is an amazing sequel. Score rating Half Life 2 (10) Portal 2 (10) Left 4 Dead 2 (9) Team Fortress 2 (8).
  49. NLS
    Jan 21, 2014
    Portal 2 easily goes in any "top games of all times" list. Easily.
    Looks still look current (it's out a few years already), the sense of scale, the actual idea of portals, solving the levels and still taking part in an evolving story while learning things about the Valve universe. Fantastic.
    Just fantastic. Hope they make Portal 3 some day. Although knowing how they work with sequels...
    It might be for my kid. Expand
  50. Nov 26, 2013
    The Only Reason that I gave this game 9 out of 10 is because it sets the bar too high for other games ...
    Graphics Are good soundtracks are awesome and there is that feeling in the game the feeling that you are alone!
    Hope they make more games like this
  51. Nov 28, 2013
    Portal 2 is in one word Amazing.
    A game full of superb level designs, puzzles that will open your mind the more you try escape and win them.
    Fantastic interactive story that will make you feel like you're a part of it, so interesting that you'll end playing 4 hours, feeling like only 10 minutes passed.
    The game gives you limited options, but it doesn't push you to do as it scripted
    which makes it feel like everything you do happens because you did it and not because that's what the game wants you to do.
    A story full of plot twists, make you wonder 24/7 what's next?
    Graphics that build the feeling of the environment, how old it is, what happened here etc.
    There is no puzzle game that is sophisticated as Portal 2, nor has a story like it.
    The amazing thing about this game is how the story built around a game that in it's core a puzzle game.
    I'm not even a fan of Portal 2's genre, but without a second though I can say it's one of my favorite games if not the.

9.1/10 Worth every penny and more. The reason I won't give it a full score is because Like I said it is still a limited action game with a story you can't affect and puzzles with one solution.
    Fantastic story, Amazing puzzles, Superb level design, Great graphics.
  52. May 17, 2014
    It is like first Portal but with lot of new things. The single player is nice and the coop is even better. Also, you can build our own test chambers and share them with others.
  53. Dec 11, 2013
    This is probably my all-time favorite game. Interesting story and fun to play. I often got stuck in the same level for quite a while, which got a little annoying.
    If you're going to play this game, play Portal 1 first. It will make the experience much more interesting and enjoyable.
  54. Jun 19, 2014
    This is one of the few games I can say I played entirely and finished for more than two times. It is probably one of the best games in history, there's really nothing more to say.

This is how a good, entertaining story should be told. But most of all this is how real coop games should be. Portal 2 is by far my first favorite coop game of all time.
  55. Dec 18, 2013
    Portal 2 contains fun campaign with fluent story telling progress and mind bugging puzzles, Highly repayable because there are millions of custom chambers and you can even create your own! You should buy this game, totally.
  56. May 4, 2014
    One of the best game I ever played. Incredible graphics and full of action. I was amazed when I saw the improvements of the source engine. It's way better than the first Portal. I really had fun when I played in the chapters with those gel things. I can't wait for Portal 3!
  57. Jan 1, 2014
    Portal 2 might lack the feeling of desolation and loneliness felt in the eerie Aperture labs in its predecessor, instead taking a much more family-friendly orientation. This doesn't make the game any less fun, however; the clever and often hilarious writing, mind-bending puzzles and superb voice acting from the first one are back and wholly expanded, together with an excellent co-op course and an easy to use level editor. Portal 2 is one of the best games of 2011, if not the outright best. Expand
  58. Dec 29, 2013
    Portal 2 is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Though some levels are challenging, everything is perfect, with the perfect amount of humor but still plenty of tension. The characters are perfect and the storyline is brilliantly plotted. Everyone should own this game no matter what genre you prefer. Only about 10 hours of playing time for the story but plenty more in the co-op mode. Amazing game, must have. Expand
  59. Jan 3, 2014
    Portal 2 is a puzzle game. But it isn't like any other puzzle game. It is a first person game, where you have a portal gun. But don't get me wrong it is NOT a first person shooter. You have to pass levels by shooting portals and getting to the end of the chamber. There is an awesome story, where you have to get out of this insane asylum place. This one of my favorite games. I would suggest this to anyone! Expand
  60. Jan 22, 2014
    Portal 2:

+Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+ (Wheatley is Badass!)
    +Best Level Design+
    +Best Voice Acting+
    +Best Soundtracks+

Portal 2 Is the Best puzzle game!
  61. Jan 17, 2014
    Perhaps the best puzzler of all time, Portal 2 is a must-play. This game is challenging, has an enthralling story, and shows aspects of humor that just add that little bit of extra greatness. Portal 2 deserves the spot of Game of the Year 2011, as many believe.
  62. Jan 21, 2014
    Incredible! One of the most perfect games ever! I've played it 4 times and I just have to say that the history is awesome and Valve knows how to make a good game. 10/10
  63. Jan 30, 2014
    A superb game. Comedy levels are high and game play is as compelling as it is addictive. Even the irritating voice of Stephen Merchant is loveable and well written here and without him the game would of lost a step. Superb from start to finish!
  64. Feb 14, 2014
    To be put simply: This is one of the greatest puzzle games i have ever played, the mechanics are beautiful and the story is told perfectly. Huge improvement over the 1st.
  65. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Why would you not have this game already? Go in steam and get this and the original for about $20, and have fun. The great hing about the sequel however is it has an entirely separate co-op campaign you can play on the couch or online.
  66. Mar 2, 2014
    I thought I would never like a game without bang bang, gore, violence and monsters; the game is a perfect thriller / puzzle and never uses the cliches you are tired to see in this brave new world...
  67. Mar 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. awesome the game has quality and puzzles that took me the whole day to finish and I'm gonna wait for the next one because I'm not even done with co-op and single player all together was a week and I don't get the bad reviews they just didn't pay attention enough to respect the game Expand
  68. Mar 7, 2014
    Simply amazing! Keeps you on edge to an extreme extend. Defiantly a game worth getting, hard, challenging, but not to the point where you begin to bash your keyboard. Overall a very smart well done game.
  69. Mar 13, 2014
    This game is just incredible. It's so unique. When you play it for the first time you are blown away by how unique and how cool the game is. The graphics also suit the game very well. If you have a friend to play this with it's double the fun, as you can do co-op on all the modes.

I had so much fun playing through the campaign with my friend, but most of my hours have been spent with my
    friend playing and building our own custom maps. The fact you can play other player created maps adds a lot of longevity to the game. It's the best value game I have ever bought.

If you're someone who doesn't like puzzle games then maybe this isn't for you, but otherwise it's the best money you'll ever spend on a game.
  70. Mar 15, 2014
    This game is simply brilliant. I usually never manage to finish my games but there's something about this one that keeps you coming back for more. The best part for me is the sense of accomplishment you get from solving a puzzle you've been stuck on for a while! The voice acting is of very high quality and the jokes are funny. No problems with the controls and the levels are very well designed and never repetitive. Get it now. Expand
  71. Mar 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "As of March 24th, 2014, there are 4186 positive reviews and only 318 negative ones. I punch those numbers into my calculator, and it makes a happy face".

Seriously though, I think we just need to hand out some information to the unhappy few who claim to have "wasted" their money on this game. Here are some facts that are to be considered:

-The DLC is optional. You don't need to have it, because, at best, it gives you a bunch of festive clothes for your character to wear, none of which you will see or care about during the course of the game.
    -I see many folks here complaining that these puzzles are too easy. It's a game, and games are not meant to bash your head inside out. There are no need for these puzzles to be particularly hard. I want to come back from work or school and have a small thing for my mind to chew on, not a full meal.
    -Some critics, in fact, are going so far as to complain that this is not a game, and that they prefer "real" games. And no, I am not going to criticize that. Please go back to your precious Call of Duty and leave my Portal 2 alone.

Other than that, I respect your opinions. Truly.

Overall, Portal 2 is a nice game, with rather humorous (though I would not call it witty) dialogue and a lot of fun puzzles to solve. At worst, it can be a pleasant little game of "I Spy" for a valid surface to put your portal on.

I particularly found the co-op mode intriguing. Sometimes I would find an intelligent partner, and we would storm through the tests together. Others were rather dim-witted, and I was forced to kill them in some way to show my displeasure.

10 out of 10 for this game. And no, it is not a score that I give out all the time.
  72. May 18, 2014
    This game is amazing. This is probably the best game that Valve pulled out. A set of very sharp reflection in beautiful rooms with an atmosphere and excellent playability. I do not know what else to say about this game, except that you must have played Portal 2 at least once in his life. Portal 2 deserves the rating of 10/10 and its price.
  73. Jun 11, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I enjoyed every single bit of it. Every. Single. Bit. The graphics are neat, the environments are one of the greatest I've seen, and the story is admirable. After all these years, Valve still knows how to bring pure joy in digital form. Buy this game, especially the PC version, if possible.
  74. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the most funniest storyline you'll ever get. The Portal humour is 70% of the game according to me, the rest is pure genius. Thinking with portals is the concept, like in the first Portal, and you have in Portal 2 some new puzzles, new stuff to play with.

The game was maybe a little bit too easy, and it is my only negative point. You can finish pretty early and there is no replay
    value, unless you want to complete the Steam achievements.

Coop mode is one of the best as well, with a complete new storyline and hours of gameplay

Conclusion : THE Valve highest success, you can't miss a game like that
  75. Jul 7, 2014
    Portal 2 was just outstanding. When Portal came it, it became really popular but it lacked story-telling and was way too short. Portal fulfills all those and also brings some great characters. GLaDOS develops a unique relation with you, wheatly was amazingly funny. It had all that's needed to be a perfect game. Nicely polished, no bugs and most of all, you develop an emotional attachment to the characters and feel like you're really a part of the game, which, to me, is the most important thing. Hats off! Expand
  76. Jul 15, 2014
    Portal 2 is a very enjoyable, witty game. The narrative is compelling, and it proves to be a truly inventive puzzle game. I jumped into this Portal (haha, get it?) without playing its predecessor, and found no issues in understanding the plot or how the game works as such. So, if like me you haven't played Portal before, then throw away your preconceptions of what a puzzle game is right now, because Portal will smash them.
    Portal 2 offers a more hands-on puzzle experience than any other game of its genre I've played, and whilst the puzzles prove to be a challenging, they are heaps of fun to solve. Especially with the addition of GLaDOS' sarky commentary, or Wheatley's ramblings.
    That's another thing about Portal 2 - it's quirky and funny. Some moments made me laugh out loud, which is a bit of a mean feat. The characters, though you can count them on just one hand, are actually ingenious, and offer more entertainment than many games with casts of 20+ have. The game's main setting - the now rather disheveled Aperture Science Enrichment Center - is also really nicely done and just, well, cool....
    Portal 2 is just the right mix of everything - humor, puzzles and a good story. You're really missing out if you've been putting off playing it!
  77. Jul 18, 2014
    Portal 2 is funny fluid and .utterly replay able you need to have this fantastic wonder of a game in your life
    It is the perfect length of a game go and buy it right now
  78. Jul 20, 2014
    i absolutely LOVE this game. when i play its kind of like a family thing, me my brother and my father all watching the screen having fun pointing things out and trying to figure out the puzzle. i honestly think that this is the best, there are good graphics, good plot, complex things to do, and most important, it's HILARIOUS. seriously, completely sarcastic and witty the whole time. true some of the puzzles may be difficult, (and for those who its easy for, sucks to be you, cuz that means you had no fun) but that's part of the fun of playing it. Expand
  79. Jul 25, 2014
    This game is absolutely awesome! Amazing puzzles, great graphics and a lot of humor! The only thing that I see as a problem is the fact that the game is too short.
  80. Jan 26, 2013
    I played the first Portal and enjoyed its uniqueness, but when the Portal 2 was announced I had no interest in it, assuming it was just going to be a expansion type of sequel. However, not only was my assumption wrong, it was one of the most ignorant things I ever thought of. Portal 2 was in my opinion the best game of 2011 and will be in my top 5 games for years to come. Whoever wrote the script in this game is absolutely a comical genius. Every bit of dialogue is original, humorous and you may sometimes find yourself staying put just so you can hear the rest. The graphics are great, it still uses the ol' source engine, but the graphics and game play are quite flawless.The characters in this game are very memorable because their unique personalities and you are even able to see each emotion just based on facial movement. This game is a must-have. It doesn't matter if you are casual or hardcore, whether you're young or old, it is worth the money Collapse

1. Oct 20, 2011