8.7

1. Apr 19, 2011
    An amazing sequel. I was pleased at the number of new gameplay elements involved, the addition of a well implemented challenging co-op mode. The humor was excellent and nonrepeticious, I am really looking forward to completing the singleplayer.
  2. ajd
    Apr 19, 2011
    Valve proves their brilliance once again! I've only played the single player campaign, but I can safely say this is at least as good as, if not better than, the original Portal. Great script, interesting puzzles (that aren't too challenging) and it's a good length. I'm not going to comment on the whole ARG and leaking issues - they're irrelevant to the actual quality of the game. If you liked the original Portal you'll love Portal 2! Expand
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Probably the best Valve game so far. I don't get why people moan about OPTIONAL premium content, it's not like it affects the game in any way other than making you feel less 1337 than others. I might be an 'average gamer', but i've spent 8 hours and I'm about 75% of my way through the singleplayer campaign, looking forward to the co-op. There's only so much you can do with portals and I think Valve has expanded the fun factor greatly over Portal 1. The Source engine evidently has a few years in it yet, as the graphics and physics were impressive - I bought Crysis 2 for its graphics, but so far Portal 2's been more eye-pleasing! Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    with all this love towards valve and everyone saying this is the best game ever i cant believe they aren't working extra hard to bring us half life 3........ oh wait. Sorry its just that people complained about L4D2 and now this and i mean i can see why they aren;t to thrilled to be releasing the game everyone wants when people just complain about it. Overall great game and if you complain about how short it is ... go make a friend or two and play co-op there is a world outside of your basement. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    This was a great game. Great voice work, level design, challenge, and amazing graphics for an outdated engine. It is about 6 hours for both the single player and coop story lines . While there is an in-game store, it only has different skins and gestures to customize the coop characters. There is nothing that effects the gameplay at all, it is only a cosmetic change. As with all of there other games, I'm certain Valve will release free "game changing" DLC. Also, people can also count on the community to release some crazy made stuff Expand
  6. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is yet again one of Valve's masterpieces. Still, some people seem to deliberately post wrong information about the game to make it seem like a terrible game. This game is definitely NOT a console port, it takes at least (and that's the super minimum) 6 hours to complete on one's first run, the coop is just great and the available "DLC" is just make-up for the coop mode. Granted, you don't have to like the idea of such purchasable in-game items, but it's definitely not any additional content that people are missing out on if they don't pay for it, it's just to change your appearance in coop mode. People should value this game for its perfect story, great humor and fun, instead of taking some minor flaws and making them into huge problems. This just seems to be hatred against Valve, for no apparent reason. Expand
  7. Apr 19, 2011
    AMAZINGLY done! They pulled off the acting very well, 10 out of 10 for it! DLC does bother me, but it's not mandatory and does not affect game-play at all. Finished the game about 1 hour ago, and I'm still trying to wonder how I did some of those puzzles as they were very difficult.(Even though some will say it was easy) Amazing job again Valve, cept. for the DLC, but the game was great!
  8. Apr 19, 2011
    Just finished the game and it is pretty awesome. It is exactly what i expect from something called portal 2; more of the familiar portal gameplay. Textures were a bit **** at times and loading screens are rampant, obvious signs of a console port, but nothing game breaking. The game has a 'hat store' just like TF2 and if this was not included then you wouldnt see nearly as many low user scores here. The fact thats most amusing is that all these cosmetic items are usually unlocked with achievements, you would only pay if you were too lazy to just play game. 4.5 hours of gameplay and another 3 hours of a separate co op campaign is pretty good for $45.
    This game does not deserve to be bashed the way is being bashed now, especially from people who haven't even played the game.
  9. Apr 19, 2011
    I haven't had this much fun playing a game in a long time. Beautiful, funny and clever. Not the longest game ever, but that's because we were spoiled with HL2.
  10. Apr 19, 2011
    Amazing game in every regard. I can't say i was looking forward to this, as i didn't think they'd be able to keep the charm Portal 1 had for a whole other game that was so much longer. However, they did it absolutely perfectly. I was smiling and enjoying myself for the whole experience.

Ignore all of the negative reviews. They are not about the game itself, they are just upset about "DLC"
    which are actually just micro-transactions. Everything available in the store is able to be unlocked ingame for free, not to mention the fact it is all cosmetic, so there is actually no need for it.

The singleplayer games length is perfect. It is 6 hours at the very minimum (most people i know took a lot longer to finish it than this). Sure i could repeat it and finish it in 3-4 hours, but thats what happens when you repeat a puzzle game... Regardless, 6 hours of unique, funny, interesting, challenging game play is well worth the cost. I'd prefer this over 30 hours of a drawn out, boring, repetitive game like nearly every other recent title i can think of, which is long for the sake of being long.

I highly recommend picking up this game, I fail to see how anyone could not enjoy this.
  11. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve have done a really good job with this game, they managed to capture the essence of the first game whilst also evolving it, the increased length is welcome to me as it adds more than enough to keep it fresh throughout, the puzzles at a glance I would forgive people for thinking are easier but in practice the change makes the puzzles more about thinking up the ways to overcome obstacles than seeing an easy puzzle and then spending the next few minutes trying to flawlessly execute the correct maneuver. The story also helps pad out the increased length of the game with enough twists and turns to keep the average player interested. whilst the trademark Portal humour kept me laughing throughout.

A great game that I would recommend to any fan of puzzle games, hell, i'd recommend it to anyone really.

I'd also like to make a note of this 'Day 1 DLC' that everyone is talking about, they're on about purely cosmetic items earnable simply by playing co-op that has absolutely no bearing on actual game play.
  12. Apr 19, 2011
    A simply incredible game that builds on the game play, story, and style of the original. On release night it kept me up until 5 am on a work night, and all I can think about is when I can get back to it again.

There puzzles are well paced and varied enough to keep the game fresh in every test chamber, the humor is priceless and the background story that sneaks it's way in around the mid
    game is subtle but fascinating.

It's a shame that MetaCritic's User review section has been used as a hate platform, not just for Portal 2, but every good new game that's come out in the last few months. I have to wonder if they're even real reviews? Theres no way they played the same game I'm enjoying so much.
  13. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve proves once again that it is the best game studio out there. A great sequel with a great atmosphere. Although i also think that dlcs, ingame shops, console versions and the like are absolutely unacceptable, i will ignore them for my rating of the game. The game is nearly perfect and deserves a 10. Only for ppl who playd portal 1 ofc.
  14. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is the best one in its genre, yes you don't kill anyone but thinking with portals makes up for that. Aboslutely Brilliant. Thanks Valve! 10/10
  15. Apr 19, 2011
    Graphics were awesome, especially lightning. It has an awesome story that will definitely make you laugh and the upgraded gameplay from Portal 1 is just the icing on the cake.
  16. Apr 19, 2011
    Wonderful game with so much humor and intelligent puzzles. I played singleplayer campaign in about 6 hours, listening to all the dialogs and enjoying every bit of moment. Looking forward to coop!

And those id*** who claim about the "optional"! hats and stuff (which are meant to be dlc) doesn't count. The game is superb and probably one of the best games this year.
  17. Apr 19, 2011
    For god's sake people! Crying over petty optional cosmetic changes and calling it DLC? SERIOUSLY?
    It's not even story content! you're not missing anything, and you're not FORCED to buy it. Just because a developer happens to release DLC on launch day, it doesn't mean that god is going to use the force on you to click buy!

Grade the game on its content, not minor bumps and bugs. And being
    too short isn't an excuse either. Ever hear of quality not quantity? A million pennies or one million dollar check, you tell me.

All in All, a fantastic game. The characters, although being mostly robots, are more compelling then any human characters in any other game. Hats off to you Valve.
  18. Apr 19, 2011
    what is included in portal 2 is brilliant. Trouble is, why has valve become so greedy for money? It is not fair what they are doing with the saga, what happend with good old Valve?
  19. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is so much better than the original portal. Glados is back and hilarious, and now the addition of Cave makes it even more funny (the personality sphere is funny but sometimes a bit 'meh'). Gels, lasers and the other devices make the puzzles much more fun to solve and more satisfying as well. Dont listen to the buthurt people complaining about DLC, the reviews by ign, eurogamer etc are much more accurate. Expand
  20. Apr 19, 2011
    After the end credits roll on Portal 2, it's kind of hard to believe that this series had its humble beginnings as a student project called Narbacular Drop, which itself just laid down the basic mechanical framework for the kind of fourth-dimensional puzzle-solving of the original Portal. Even the original Portal was all but defined by its tight focus and limited scale; it just executed on all those elements with a consistent, almost preternatural level of ingenuity and humor. I use the somewhat dismissive "just" here because the challenges of following up something so inventive and so universally well-received are arguably greater than coming up with the core concept in the first place. The element of surprise was a significant factor in the impact of the original Portal, but going into Portal 2, you know how a portal gun works, you know that Aperture Science is essentially a less diabolical, but equally irresponsible counterpart to Half-Life's Black Mesa, and you know that GlaDOS likes testing, but loves murder. With these known quantities in mind, Valve does about the smartest thing it can with a full-blown sequel to such an effectively minimalist package by tossing out many of the self-imposed restrictions of the original and largely ignoring the temptation to lean on lots of easy callbacks. What it lacks in the surprise punch the original packed, it makes up for with scope and scale, couching that now-familiar combination of deadpan humor and brain-boggling puzzles in a game that's significantly bigger and more robust in virtually every meaningful way, but without feeling any less dense. Expand
  21. Apr 19, 2011
    I really don't understand what's with all these bad reviews. Maybe they're trolls who can't stand that this is an EXCELLENT GAME and that DRAGON AGE 2 SUCKS. Deal with it and move on. Yes PC gamer prefers Portal 2 and gave it an editor's pick unlike DA 2. Well, this is an absolutely amazing game and nobody should miss it. doubt it? read the reviews! how could it be bad with some many 100s? 10/10
  22. Apr 19, 2011
    Um., Day 1 DLC? What the hell are you guys smoking? You talking about the shop? THAT DOESNT CHANGE GAMEPLAY (Unlike ACTIVISION with their 15 dollar mappacks), you have no right to complain about that, its in TF2, so why not portal 2?
  23. Apr 19, 2011
    This game is "SIMPLY THE BEST, BETTER THAN ALL THE REST . . ." No but honestly this game is the best game I have bought in I don't know how long and I haven't even tried the co-op. I was laughing so hard through the entire SP. The game also offers a very entertaining storyline . . . it's so good I wish they would write a book about it . . . It may be that this is just my kind of game and I'm writing this review with a little bit of prejudice but in all honesty the puzzles arenâ Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2011
    I don't get the outcry about the DLC. The DLC is a completely extra thing that nobody could claim should have belonged in the base game. (You are really pissed about not getting beanie caps for your robots??? #firstworldproblems). Our community has gotten completely ridiculous in acting like if anybody wants money for anything, they must be evil. Well, we exchange money for things we like, and Portal 2 fits the bill. It's a beautifully designed, and wonderfully written, clever and fun video game. The single player campaign seems very long so far -- certainly didn't thrash it out in six hours like the original Portal. Calm down, people. Expand
  25. Apr 19, 2011
    I really don't know what is up with the negative reviews. Yes, it's more expensive. But I played this last night and it was awesome fun since the last one in 2007. I was skeptical at first as well, but the great voice acting once again and the new game mechanics proved me wrong.
  26. Apr 19, 2011
    Don't get hung up on extras that don't affect the gameplay or the story. They are easily ignorable. You might not even know its there unless someone tells you.
    Whining gaming babies are babies!
    DLC? Hats? Those make you angry? Grow up and get over yourself.
  27. Apr 19, 2011
    A great continuation of the portal story. It's sad to see users such as "Valvesucks" needlessly bring down the user score when they obviously haven't tried the game.

Also if you look at the review history for "DayoneDLC", "torako", "JLF", "Dickwolves", and "mQCmD's" they are all obviously fake accounts that were created just to give Portal 2 and Dragon Age 2 a score of 0. It's the same
    person making multiple accounts. Expand
  28. Apr 19, 2011
    I don't understand all these complaints. Ungrateful, whiny, new age gamers. How our community has fallen from grace. The early leak was a privelage, and this game itself is a gift from the video game gods. The wit and humor is brilliant, and saying this game is too short is like saying chocolate cake sucks because there isn't enough of it. You love it. The next generation of gamers is here, and it is an ignorant one. Appreciate a masterpeice when you get it. Expand
  29. Apr 19, 2011
    The best puzzle game made ever. Don't lie mother*****, singleplayer campaign of game continues 7 hours, not 2-3. And remember, PC version is not console port, you will ask me why "Why", I'll answer you that first gameplay videos was a PC version gameplay, "Please don't turn off your console" is just confused text files.
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    Valve has done a great job, making a smash hit. Despite all of the users complaining (stupidly) about Day 1 DLC, the game is actually really good. The writing is the best I've seen in a long time. The story is engaging and the tie-ins from the ARGs were great. Both of the characters really grow on you. Thumbs up!
  31. Apr 19, 2011
    good game, people who are rating low are just stupid trolls from /v/ (thats the place on the internet were underage idiots go)

DLC is great and i bought all the hats because im not a low life like everyone on /v/ (i did something with my life and have a good job)

fun gameplay, really expanded on the first.
  32. Apr 19, 2011
    ...
    Let me preface this by saying I could give less than two **** about the DLCs. I didn't even know they existed to begin with. Since I just finished the single player campaign, I feel ready to write this review. Why? Because honestly, the single player campaign was awesome. Ridiculously varied from the first game and insanely brilliant puzzles. A lot of people are complaining about the
    "Please don't turn off your console" dialogue that shows up when you are saving. I don't understand how people can be so immature about this. The entire game feels just as PC tailored as the previous game, and any other fantastic Valve creation. If that little line of dialogue is enough to piss you off, boy you sure haven't played the other PC to console games yet. And rest assured, there is NO cliffhanger ending for Portal 2; everything wraps up perfectly, as you will experience. Honestly, you would be doing yourself an incredible injustice to yourself to dismiss this game on such trivial grounds. One thing that is true however is that the campaign is short. I finished it in 3.9 hours according to Steam (though it's strange because I started at 10:30 pm and ended at 6:00). However, just like with CoD4, this campaign is intensely satisfying, and making it longer would have definitely killed the fun. Personally Portal 2 would have been well worth $60 (I got the PS3 version for $55 with $20 Amazon credit and played the Steam version) but that's just me. Regardless of how much you are willing to pay for it, I definitely recommend that you eventually play this game if you loved the first one like I did. It is a sequel that improves upon its predecessor in every way imaginable. (P.S. This game ran full res/high textures on my Atom 330/nVidia ION netbook so it should run well in most computers) Expand
  33. Apr 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hands down the best game I have played in a long, long time. Just finished the single player in one 7 hour sitting and could barely tear myself away the entire time. The writing was stunning and the game as a whole expanded on everything offered in the original Portal by leaps and bounds. I'm disappointed to see many other users giving this game unfairly low scores because of day 1 DLC and a single bug where the save message displays "do not turn off your console before save is completed". Valve explained on their forums that late in the development process it was easier to keep the message in when trying to obtain certificates from Sony and Microsoft in order to release the game, and it is forgivable that removing the message may have slipped under the developers radars. The DLC is purely cosmetic, doesn't affect the game in any way and is essentially just hats, paint skins and a few animations. I've heard reports from people that achieving certain achievements in-game has actually helped to unlock some of the DLC for them, showing that it may be a similar system to items in TF2 where Valve has obviously taken the idea from.

The ARG marketing leading up to the release was a nice touch and really helped build up deserved hype for this excellent game.
  34. Apr 19, 2011
    "Simply Said, this game deserves a 10 out of 10, and when I punch those numbers into my calculator it makes a Happy Face."

I am impressed with the work and care Valve has put into this game. This is extremely close to being the best Valve game of all. It took me 6.5-7 hours to play through the singleplayer game, and the whole time I was amazed with great storytelling, super gameplay and
    even superb graphics. This one blows Portal 1 away and then there's still Multiplayer to go through.

Portal 2 does feature DLC but just as TF2, it is seriously overpriced, but then again, who gives a crap about a stupid hat ?
  35. Apr 19, 2011
    Anybody saying this is a bad game has clearly not played it
    It's by far the best game valve has ever made (with the exception of HL²) And what's with everybody raging about DLC? IT'S COMPLETELY OPTIONAL AND YOU CAN UNLOCK IT FOR FREE JUST BY PLAYING THE GAME!

Also, all negative reviews are trolls from /v/ http://i.imgur.com/6lohn.jpg
  36. Apr 19, 2011
    This is one of the best games in the world. The gameplay is very entertaining, dialogs are brilliant and graphics is rather good. The best game Valve has ever made.
  37. Apr 19, 2011
    A perfect game. It's as simple as that. Co-op is fantastic and single player is even better. With an engrossing story and some fun yet challenging puzzles what's not to love? The day 1 DLC. Who gives a damn. It doesn't affect gameplay at all. How about you buy the game first? If you didn't click the robot enrichment you wouldn't even know it's there. Simple as that. Enjoy this great game as it should be.

38. Apr 19, 2011
    the people saying its only 2-5 hrs long have obv not played the game...the game is about 12 hrs single player and 10 hrs co op, so they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. This is easily valves best game so far and it deserves a 9 and above....from the hilariously well written dialogue, to the awesome puzzles only console gamers cant figure out, to cross platform between the ps3 and pc, this game is marvelous. The people complaining about the potato sack sale are complete retards. you weren't forced to buy anything and the game was not delayed in any matter. So for you to be complaining for a company to do marketing, then you have some serious issues. Also, if you actually did the potato sack buy, you were rewarded, with a golden potato and the complete vale collection including PORTAL 2, so seriously, go whine somewhere else. Valve did this to support indie developers and its a shame to see the pc gaming community behave like Microsoft in this regard and not help out with what valve did. Its a sad day in pc gaming. I, however, will continue to support Valve in every single game. They have not disappointed me ever. Expand
  39. Apr 19, 2011
    It's clear that if you're a hardcore gamer, and somewhat autistic, this game is too short for the price paid, and you won't appreciate the dialogue. But if you're more casual, and you enjoy and appreciate humor, sarcasm and deadpan passive-aggressive menace, you'll probably really, really enjoy this game

And you shouldn't buy the DLC.
  40. Apr 19, 2011
    Please ignore all of the negative reviews. It's just /v/ getting mad over the fact that Valve is charging money for in-game avatars, and it has nothing to do with the game itself.

These people, despite claiming that "vidya" games is their passion thing that they truly enjoy, will try as hard as they can to find fault with a game and let this fault (however minor) ruin the experience for
    them. They are heartless, lonely, vengeful individuals who spend their nights alone on the internet bashing video games and will take any opportunity they can to "fight for justice" and have their voice heard, as you can see here.

These poor people are lonely, bitter and cold, and any humanity they did have has died out long ago. You should simply ignore their blind hate, then pity their existence and move on.
  41. Apr 19, 2011
    Do not take the majority of these reviews seriously. /v/ of **** has decided to "metabomb" the game. There is not Day 1 DLC, you get the entire game when you pay for it, and the game is very fun. The I have been playing for well over 10 hours, and am not all the way through the game. I can tell you however that the new mechanics, add a new level of challenge to the game and force you to think in new ways.
    Portal 2 is the best sequel I could have hope for.
  42. Apr 19, 2011
    Lawl. haters gonna hate I spose. well, lets set it straight.
    1) no DLC to speak of on PC. and apparently none on consoles either according to a fair number of people.
    2) bout 8-10 hours of gameplay if you're fast. saying "4 hours" means you're ****
    3)heard nothing but good things from console users, unless you're implying it was ported from console to PC, then I don't even got to say ****
    just LOL at ragefail (valve = PC ;) )
    love all the console rage from people on the PC area. way to learnz2read gaiz :D
    P.S. ALMOST FORGOT- Game is great, worth the money, you won't be disappointed. let the haters hate and have fun ^^
  43. Apr 19, 2011
    First off, the DLC is OPTIONAL and it is very obviously just hats and stuff for co-op, if you feel the need to buy such things. NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY IT. Secondly the single player campaign is a good length, 3 times as long as the original and if you rush through it, you will miss so much the game has to offer. I found myself sitting still and listening or watching things going on because the game is so detailed and layered in terms of scripted background events and the dialogue itself is Class A comedy. Stephen Merchant and JK Simmons shine here. I feel like the game dragged in the middle, the new game play elements were hit and miss, the paint levels being somewhat more frustrating than they should have been but otherwise the level design is tight and smart. Really looking forward to the level editor. Load times have to be my biggest grievance against the game but when it does so much else right, I'll begrudge it these small issues.

Buy the game, ignore the DLC if you want, find a friend and play the co-op. And most of all, enjoy the game. Not many comedies are as funny as it and very few games are as intelligent.
  44. Apr 19, 2011
    Noh my god this is the best game ever this is in no way a strawman account used to artificially inflate the user score since certain grassroots nintendrones and xbots have conspired to spread libel to soothe their butthurt. You can type it here, but not there.
  45. Apr 19, 2011
    I think this game is brilliant! Nevertheless, I have only played it for three hour now, it's simply fantastic! The puzzles haven't lost their challenge and the plot seems to be again interesting. Co-op mode will surely add more complexity to the game like new pro- and repulsion gels. Some have complained about DLCs but as far as I understand, they're purely cosmetic and won't change gameplay or -mechanics. Expand
  46. Apr 19, 2011
    Another wonderful masterpiece brought to you by VALVe. This is A+ quality, well worth the $50 bucks.
    Everything looks so good in this game, the source engine seems to have evolved, it looks prettier than ever.
    If you liked the first installment of Portal, i'm sure you'll love Portal 2 with passion.
  47. Apr 19, 2011
    Some people's complaints about modern gaming's business models aside Valve's Portal 2 is a game full of dark humor and wonderful character that's easily the best thing you'll have the to opportunity to waste your money on this year.

If you liked Portal you will like this. That's all there is to it. We're done here.
  48. Apr 19, 2011
    I haven't completed it yet, but so far it's much, much better than I expected. Obvious GOTY.
    The characters are the most compelling I've ever experienced in any game, and tough the ending was spoiled by a stupid leak (why on earth didn't Valve just release this when it was done?), it seemed like a really good one.
    I won't give it full score, though, as the DLC **** HAS to stop.
  49. Apr 19, 2011
    This game was great. Some of the poor reviews have legitimate gripes, although the majority seem to be by people who a) don't get that its a puzzle game and expect some kickass story with awesome ending b) have difficulty solving puzzles c) got super hyped up and as usual dissapointed because it's not battlefield 3 with portal guns d) chucking a tanty over optional dlc that adds no value to the game.
    Giving this 10 out of 10 to save it from the retards of the world.
  50. Apr 19, 2011
    Absolutely no problems with this game. The puzzles are fun, yet take a lot of thinking. The sound is crisp and nice. The graphics are the graphics you expect from Valve's Source Engine, with a bit more detail. The whole concept of Aperture Science all abandoned and with a lot of vegetation growth only adds to the atmosphere. The story is confusing at first, but you'll pick up. Don't let the other user reviews let you think otherwise, this game is amazing. If you're new to Portal though, I suggest you play the first one then the second one. There's no DLC with this game at all, just some cosmetic skins for Co-Op. The skins change no game play and just add for decoration. This game deserves the score it got, it's fantastic. Expand
  51. Apr 19, 2011
    Portal 2 is a 6 - 8 hour game, with another 6 - 8 hour co-op campaign, in total making this around 14 hours long. The game offers the opportunity to buy small vanity items for your co-op characters, however these have no affect on gameplay and are entirely optional. The ending isn't a cliffhanger, more of an open-ending. If anything, it wraps up the plot more than leaves you waiting for more.
    People are judging this game a bit too harshly, this really is up to Valve standard, and was definitely worth the wait.
  52. Apr 19, 2011
    Easily the best game I've played so far this year; all of the writing is excellent, especially the parts with Cave Johnson. The level design is very typical of Valve, very well executed and detailed with careful attention to even the littlest bits of foliage. The ending is apparently very easy to misinterpret, as I've seen quite a few people posting about how a sequel is inevitable but I really can't see that happening. Portal 2 actually wraps up the Aperture storyline quite nicely in my opinion, but we'll see.

The game is definitely pretty lengthy compared to the first one, sporting two separate campaigns; Valve has publicly stated that the single player campaign is three times the length of the original, while the campaign for the co-op times at about twice the length of the original; having five times the content at a little over double the price seems like a very fair and generous trade off to me :)

Ignore the hate and definitely check this title out if you're a Valve fan, you won't be disappointed. It's a shame a solid game can't be released anymore without a flood of miscreants who haven't even played the game rating it at a 0/10. Mais, c'est la vie~
  53. Apr 19, 2011
    Pay no attention to the negative reviews, this is still a fantastic, funny, mind-bending experience that will go down in history. It takes all the good things about the first, and multiplies them, and also adds a handful of innovations. Game of The Year so far
  54. Apr 19, 2011
    The big stink behind portal 2's low user reviews score is due to the fact that valve was charging outrageous amounts of money for cosmetic dlc. That being you said you don't have to buy it and it is a fantastic game outside of that and Valve has always done a good job of pleasing its fans. Don't buy the dlc if you don't want it, the game itself is fantastic as is.
  55. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply amazing.

The game easily improves everything in the old one.

The characters are great, the environments are varied, gameplay is fun and has a lot of twists with the different gels and stuff.

co op mode is a blast, and easily the most fun Ive had online this year (Even better than Magicka).

If you loved Portal 2, youll love this even more.
  56. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm writing this review purely to offset the uncalled for bashing against this game.
    Not to spoil the experience for those enjoying the game right now, let me tell you, you won't be disappointed. It's a shame to see people getting so upset over an optional DLC which adds little other than non-essential cosmetic changes. These reviews are exaggerated to say the least! If you enjoyed Portal
    1 then you will most definitely enjoy Portal 2. Expand
  57. Apr 19, 2011
    All these low reviews must have not bought the DLC. I bought the DLC as soon as I heard about it, it makes the game so much better. I've been telling all my friends to buy the full DLC pack, and I encourage you to do the same. Great game. Thanks, Valve.
  58. Apr 19, 2011
    Great game. Love the music and sound effects, the storyline, the voice acting, the environments.

All those people complaining about DLC: don't do it here, on the Portal 2 PC page, as the DLC on PC is free. There is a page for the PS3 version of the game, voice your complaints there.

To the guy who said "Subjecting the fan base to a marketing scam to get the game a few hours earlier", I
    fail to see how it was a scam. You weren't forced to participate, it was clear what participating would do, and you got some great indie games at a heavily discounted price out of it too. Expand
  59. Apr 19, 2011
    I created an account on Metacritic just to make a review for this game to counter all of the **** that it's been unjustly receiving. Portal 2 is a great game. You'll play it and love it for its story, clever puzzles, top notch voice acting, and creativity. People are being stupid and butt-hurt because they expected the game to end world hunger and cure cancer, and now they're **** about it because they've forgotten to have fun while playing a video game.

Play Portal 2. It's a hell of a lot of fun, and if you don't think so, you need to reexamine your definition of fun.
  60. Apr 19, 2011
    The best game Valve has ever made. The single player is short but perfectly written. The new game play elements are amazing, making every puzzle unique. The voice acting is probably the best I've ever seen in a video game. Valve has done it again.
  61. Apr 19, 2011
    Vivid Environments, Stunning Storytelling and an immense immersion of humour in what is the best of valves collection to date. Portal 2 has bumped the valve franchise up a notch with this co-op/single player First Person Puzzler (FPP), Its extremely enjoyable and lived up to the reputation as have all the Half-Life Series. Hopefully Episode three is tied up in with this story line somewhere.

In a short Summation: "Kick-Ass"

Valve has broken the tension between waiting for games to be made with this stunning work of art, yes, this game I would highly recommend to the gaming community. If you like the original Portal or Half-Life series, you will enjoy this TENFOLD!

Have fun, Immerse yourselves.
    PaidGamers
  62. Apr 19, 2011
    It's got everything that I expected it to have and much, much more, such as... a loading screen between every single level! Huzzah! Oh.. wait... no. I almost forgot that I LOATH loading screens with the passion of a thousand blazing suns!! Seriously, ya think they could have come up with a more clever way of loading each level. Maybe something like, oh I dunno, using opaque windowless elevators like they did in Portal 1??

But, I digress. Ya know, when a few extra loading screens is the only reasonable imperfection that you can find in an otherwise perfect game, then you know you've got yourself a pretty damn epic piece of software. And portal 2 is epic. It's also extremely well polished. I dare speculate that the entire active bug list might fit on one sheet of paper, single sided, and double spaced. Other than a really minor sound stutter at the end of some levels, I've yet to run into anything even resembling a bug.

There's nothing else to say. Valve's crew stuck to the formula and created a squeal that is not only worthy of the original, but also strong enough to stand entirely on its own. Portal 2 is a shoe-in for Game of the Year. This game is a home run in anyone's book.

Bravo, Valve! Bravo.
  63. Apr 19, 2011
    Simply the best Valve game ever. It took the brilliance and innovation of Portal and formed it into an actual full fledged title.

Proof that Valve still dominates PC gaming and knows how to bring the public high quality titles.
  64. Apr 19, 2011
    OK, i've played 30 minutes this morning... But in this time i've had much more fun than in the whole 12 hours i've played Dragon Age 2 so far...
    I was sceptical if it would live up to the fantastic first part, but it definitively seems so...
  65. Apr 19, 2011
    So, I haven't finished the game yet, but I've played a good 2 hours worth and I must say that this game has met all of my expectations so far. Did I mention I've played for 2 hours and still not done? Instead of the 30-60 minutes Portal 1 offered? Valve definitely put a good amount of time into this game. Graphics are just as good as the ones seen on youtube in HD and most, if not all, of the glitches have been taken out of the game. Overall, (so far), Awesome game, definitely worth your money. If your not convinced, go watch all those demo vids on youtube that Valve probably stopped deleting. Expand

1. Oct 20, 2011