Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Apr 20, 2011
    Well thought out sequel to an amazing sneak classic. Well worth the Portal name and the polish put into this game shows. From the beginning levels to the later chapters, the game is well thought out. The attention to detail in guiding newer players through the levels as the difficulty slowly increases is superb. Indie Game devs, take note. The game weighs in at a fair 6~7 hours ofWell thought out sequel to an amazing sneak classic. Well worth the Portal name and the polish put into this game shows. From the beginning levels to the later chapters, the game is well thought out. The attention to detail in guiding newer players through the levels as the difficulty slowly increases is superb. Indie Game devs, take note. The game weighs in at a fair 6~7 hours of play time. The real enjoyment for Co-Op lovers is the multiplayer mode. I can certainly see the current puzzles growing old, but there is obviously room for additional levels to be created and added at a later date.

Overall, well constructed game. The music, dialogue and level design are all put together well. This game certainly hasn't run away with it's own success. It acknowledges and grasps the 'test, we'll see' style of the original game.
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    Probably the greatest game, but then again maybe not. It is definitely a well crafted and finished product, unlike most of the other crap that comes out nowadays.
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    Awesome sequel. Great new added physics items. Nice coop play extends the game in a new direction. Valve has always put out great games and has done the right thing for us, the customers. Worst part of the game are these whiny entitlement generation pricks. Ignoring them here and in RL is the best answer.
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is pure, really well optimized, perfect length (doesn't get repetitive) and some nice new additions such as co-op which really add a nice new level to the game. The script is once again near perfect with almost every line from Glados or Wheatley having some humorous aspect to it, fingers crossed for Portal 3 - Nice job Valve
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    Been playing video games for many years and this has entered my top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5. If you didnt like portal 1 you will likely not like this, however that being said it is better in every possible way to portal 1. Much longer. Single player is a good length and on top of that there is another co op story which also quite good. Graphics are beautiful, environment isBeen playing video games for many years and this has entered my top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5. If you didnt like portal 1 you will likely not like this, however that being said it is better in every possible way to portal 1. Much longer. Single player is a good length and on top of that there is another co op story which also quite good. Graphics are beautiful, environment is incredable and the voice acting/writing is on par with the best I've played. PC gamers and truly gamers everywhere are very lucky to have a company like valve that clearly love their products and customers. THANK YOU VALVE

Also, PS3 cross platforming is so awesome.
  6. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is glorious. Hilarious, incredibly well written, and full of moments that made my jaw genuinely drop with delight. I'm excited for future games in the series, but mainly can't wait to replay this one. Again and again, probably. Well done.
  7. Apr 20, 2011
    I can only laugh at the negative reviews this fantastic game has apparently been gathering (no doubt from the same crowd as the l4d2 boycott). I suppose if you put the game on mute without subtitles, ignored the developer commentary and other extra features, dismissed the coop because you have no friends, and only played the first hour of the game, you would have a legitimate reason to beI can only laugh at the negative reviews this fantastic game has apparently been gathering (no doubt from the same crowd as the l4d2 boycott). I suppose if you put the game on mute without subtitles, ignored the developer commentary and other extra features, dismissed the coop because you have no friends, and only played the first hour of the game, you would have a legitimate reason to be dissatisfied with Portal 2. Expand
  8. Apr 23, 2011
    An excellent game in all areas - especially sound design and voice acting. Level design is perhaps too perfect and lean, but Portal 2 in its design and theme serves as a neat deconstruction of Valve's approach to making games. All in all, it's creative, funny and extremely enjoyable.
  9. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is just AMAZING! I finished all the singleplayer and now I'm ready to play the co-op. It's obviously that Valve put a lot of time in developing this game and the game is worth every euro. Great job Valve! I'm never disappointed by any of your games :)
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    Here you have it. This game has a great chance of becoming the game of the year. The length of it isn't very impressive, but you know what I tend to say? Quality comes before quantity. And boy, if you knew the quality of this game.

First of all, the single-player can be finished in between five and ten hours, depending on how fast you go, if you stay to listen at the hilarious dialogue the game has, and how much of a genius you are. It doesn't have too much of replayability, but it's likely that you play it twice. I'm at my second playthrough as of now, and I'm still enjoying it.
    The second part of the game is my favourite one. The co-op. I have always said that co-op makes any game better, and that still stands. But what valve gave me exceeded my highest expectations. I couldn't go anywhere without my friend, I couldn't achieve anything at all. I needed him as much as he needed me. A lot, that is. I loved it.

With very loveable characters, a wonderful story and very original ideas, Valve once again shows us what they have to offer. And they only offer the best.
    So disregard the haters, and go buy the game. Because, you know what? Everything is fine here, Everything is more than fine.
  11. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is in every single way the best thing Valve has done in the last decade. It brings a fresh breath to the games we have today where a FPS will mean realistic reenactment of some war in some country that happened some time ago. Do not let the review scores of 1's and 0's from other users fool you. This game has puzzles that will wrack your brain till no end. What caught my eye:Portal 2 is in every single way the best thing Valve has done in the last decade. It brings a fresh breath to the games we have today where a FPS will mean realistic reenactment of some war in some country that happened some time ago. Do not let the review scores of 1's and 0's from other users fool you. This game has puzzles that will wrack your brain till no end. What caught my eye: Everything and anything. This game had everything I had hoped for. If I was not bashing my head on the table trying to solve these puzzles, I was laughing at the commentary that the AI's provide throughout the whole game. I think the reason why these games felt as short as it did was because I couldn't put this game down UNTIL I was at the end, no matter how late or brain dead you might be. This gameplay was smooth (quite predictable given valve's fps engine), the character development was phenomenal (trust me, if you're actually paying attention to the game you WILL laugh), and the story was without a doubt amazing. Multiplayer mode isn't simply throwing two players together and giving them puzzles. Each problem required cooperation and timing from both you and your co-op partner. The game even gives you the ability to go through the whole thing without having to speak a word (though there are chat/voice options).

What I felt a little meh about:
    Nothing! I felt quite satisfied when I completed this game (at 3am with a dead brain) and rarely does this happen.

Conclusion:
    Its difficult to sum up how good this game is compared to what we have today. I cannot think of one word to sum it up simply because there are too many to describe this game. Comedic yet having some form of seriousness. Addicting? Probably. This game will probably make the game of the year. >>>TL;DR: PLAY IT GOD DAMMIT
  12. Apr 20, 2011
    Short and sweet, to be sure - but very, very sweet, to be absolutely sure. Improved literally every aspect of the original Portal, which says a lot in itself; greater humor, level design, story, and just general awesomeness. I'm aware there are a few extremely inconsequential things people are blowing way out of proportion (and you'd truly be hard-pressed to find another company moreShort and sweet, to be sure - but very, very sweet, to be absolutely sure. Improved literally every aspect of the original Portal, which says a lot in itself; greater humor, level design, story, and just general awesomeness. I'm aware there are a few extremely inconsequential things people are blowing way out of proportion (and you'd truly be hard-pressed to find another company more unworthy of such infantile attacks), but I didn't even notice these things because I was too busy enjoying such an utterly fantastic game. Expand
  13. Apr 20, 2011
    Great game, extremely innovative and fun. I'm surprised by how LONG the game is, considering that Portal was very short. I've clocked some 12 hours and have yet to finish the game (almost done with single player, about halfway done with co-op). Puzzles can be very challenging, but it's a great feeling when you finally solve them. I can't recommend it enough!
  14. Apr 20, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant enhancement over the first Portal game in every way, including story. Attention to detail is staggering, perhaps best of anything Valve has ever done now. They just know how to do games right. You can take or LEAVE the "micro-transaction" stuff, just so you know. Anyway, in the end, haters beware! lol
  15. Apr 20, 2011
    Buen juego pero algo corto, aunque el modo co-op aumenta la vida de Portal 2. También está bien la tienda esa, aunque no lo veo del todo bien. Tampoco se cruza demasiado con el mundo de Half-Life, aunque no le hace falta. Excelente juego.
  16. Apr 20, 2011
    Immersive story, extremely funny cast of characters, atmospheric music + stunning visuals even on the source engine and still as unique gameplay as ever. The most fun I have had with gaming in a long time.
  17. May 28, 2011
    Absolutely Brilliant. I loved the first game, I love this one even more! It's a lot more complicated though! Highly recommened!!! I don't think I'll be able to return to portal 1 after this game. I also loved the music and half life feel to it. CO-op is also brilliant
  18. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in quite some time. I was a huge fan of the original Portal and have played through the campaign at least ten times through. I just finished the single-player story today and I could not be happier. The atmosphere and environments are wonderfully done, and will run well on plenty of machines (the game's engine is wonderfullyPortal 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in quite some time. I was a huge fan of the original Portal and have played through the campaign at least ten times through. I just finished the single-player story today and I could not be happier. The atmosphere and environments are wonderfully done, and will run well on plenty of machines (the game's engine is wonderfully optimized). The new voice work by Stephen Merchant and JK Simmons, plus the return of Ellen McLaine as GLaDOS, is absolutely astounding and the dialogue is hilarious and entertaining. The story is full of unexpected (and quite enjoyable) twists and turns. Even if you have seen the end videos, you'll be completely thrown by the progression of the story at times. The promise of more thought-based puzzles and less "ninja-portal placement" is delivered for sure. And while I enjoyed it thoroughly, some people may miss the old "ninja portal" puzzles.

Co-op is wonderfully done as well. The ping tool is a marvelous tool that has infinite use, even when playing with microphone. The gesture system is fun and intuitive and hard not to play with. The story isn't as strong in co-op, but lots of funny dialogue remains. But this being coop, more focus is expected on the teamwork, and it's not to say story is neglected, just much less emphasized. That being said, the great atmospheres carry over, and co-op is tons of fun. For the Co-Op Bot Store, people need to realize that it's all cosmetic items. They're kinda pricey, yes, but it doesn't have any bearing on the gameplay at all, and many items are unlocked through achievements and gameplay itself. I only had a couple gripes with Portal 2, and they're minor at best:
    1) Loading screens galore in the test chamber levels. Perhaps they are the reason for the terrific engine performance, but I was taken aback by the number of load screens, even coming after very short sections.
    2) No "advanced map" section. I was really hoping to see the return of Challenge and Advanced maps like in Portal 1, as they offer a huge replay value. And although they are to be released in an upcoming DLC (which will be free), it was kind of a let down to see them missing from the games release.
    3) Some options, such as Portal Glow and Help Pop-ups aren't options accessible in the main menu, and must be accessed via the developers console.

All that in regards though, this is still a wonderfully made game, and is going to be a wildly entertaining experience for anyone who picks it up.
  19. Apr 20, 2011
    Valve tweaks Portal's minimalist formula to deliver a full blown epic with a story filled with betrayal, dark humor, human emotion from robots, some shocking character revelations and genuine fun. All the while, the game's central mechanic remains as engaging as ever thanks to the introduction of some new puzzle mechanics such as tractor beams, light bridges, lasers and fling plates.

The

The game looks absolutely beautiful. Valve's Source engine shines here, as GLaDOS rebuilds test chambers before your eyes. Debris falls realistically, the animations are eye catching as panels rearrange themselves, and as always the textures are wonderfully crafted. In Portal, we got to see the inner workings of Aperture Science's Testing Facility - a labyrinth of pipes, pistons and concrete. It made for very evocative atmospheric conditions, but in Portal 2 Valve outdoes themselves. The game takes place far in the future, and the run down Aperture Science facilities are exposed as giant rectangular structures in the center of a vast, vast abyss beneath the ground. This is one of the most visually breathtaking sights in any video game today.

One of Portal's greatest strengths was its writing. The silent protagonist is a long accepted gaming axiom, and Valve does not deviate here or in the original, so the spotlight is on the sadistic AI who serves as the test coordinator, GLaDOS. Every line she speaks dripping with sardonic, dark humor, GLaDOS constantly references the player's murder of her at the end of the original game, but always is willing to put the past behind them. For science. You monster. There is a lot more than just GLaDOS here, though. A cheery little AI named Wheatley - voiced by the wonderful Stephen Merchant - provides an excellent sidekick, with a very clumsy quality to him that makes him rather endearing. In one of the game's greatest segments, the player travels to Aperture's old test chambers from the 70s and is guided by the recorded voice of Cave Johnson, Aperture's late founder and CEO. Johnson is voiced by the unmatched J.K. Simmons, who breathes life into the recordings to rival even GLaDOS. While all three characters pull off wonderful moments of humor, the game really shines in its character development. The way the three interact with each other - and, more importantly, the player - creates a surprisingly emotional series of events. The grand finale left me genuinely sad, for instance, and a number of the plot twists left me stunned. GLaDOS once again steals the show. I won't spoil how, but suffice to say a grand deal of backstory and development is pumped into the AI through the course of the game.

Now to the main event - the puzzles! Portal was one of the most innovative platformers, and Portal 2 does not disappoint in the least. Some of the early levels are clones of the initial levels we played in Portal, and it takes no time at all to get reacquainted with the Portal Gun. The basic mechanics are the same, which is good, since the game throws new mechanics at us almost instantly. The MVP here are the gels - three paint-like substances that have special powers. Blue paint ("Repulsion Gel") makes one jump and bounce higher when landing on it, red paint makes one run faster across it, and white paint allows one to put portals on any surface covered in it. The three make for some truly intriguing puzzles that make for wonderful new test chambers.

In addition to gels, we have lasers. Lasers are the spiritual successor to the energy balls from the original game (which are, regrettably, absent). They can be redirected with special cubes into power receptors that activate power lines. Light bridges provide impenetrable fences against turrets as well as a surface upon which to walk. Tractor beams do exactly what they sound like they should do, and can be directed with portals for some interesting platforming.

The chambers are innovative and a number had me stumped for an hour or more at times. The single player can probably be completed within seven hours for a truly dedicated gamer trying to get to the end, but I spent a good eleven hours playing it and listening to all the dialogue. There is also a wonderfully inventive co-op campaign that words cannot do justice - it must be experienced.

Portal 2 is one of the greatest games ever released, and a must have for fans of the original, fans of platformers, and gamers in general.
  20. Apr 20, 2011
    I'd like to start out by saying that I signed up on this website just to do this. Anyone who can rate the game anything not in the green zone must have a brain tumor, I signed up on this site specifically to write this review. This game is a game worth fighting for, and for the 40$ that I paid for it (Pre-Purchased, two pack) It was way worth the money. They could've milked me for twiceI'd like to start out by saying that I signed up on this website just to do this. Anyone who can rate the game anything not in the green zone must have a brain tumor, I signed up on this site specifically to write this review. This game is a game worth fighting for, and for the 40$ that I paid for it (Pre-Purchased, two pack) It was way worth the money. They could've milked me for twice that because the game was way worth it. If you are looking for a fun, exciting, challenging and amazing game then Portal 2 is right down your alley. Expand
  21. Apr 20, 2011
    Very interesting plot-wise, and the amount of in-game content has dramatically risen while keeping the same high levels of quality. The comedy is quite nice too, as is the final song during the credits.
  22. Apr 20, 2011
    consists of excellent and thought provoking gameplay and also has some funny dialogue. it's a great game! i look forward to more content from valve, and hopefully some user made maps as well.
  23. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is awesome. Really, ignore these BS trolling reviews. This game is, by far, the best release of 2011. I am seriously in love with the COOP. I had the most fun in the multiplayer with my friend. So creative, innovative and fun. I typically don't review games on metacritic, but this game deserves a review way higher than a 7.6 (the freaking trolls are annoying). Also, this game hasThis game is awesome. Really, ignore these BS trolling reviews. This game is, by far, the best release of 2011. I am seriously in love with the COOP. I had the most fun in the multiplayer with my friend. So creative, innovative and fun. I typically don't review games on metacritic, but this game deserves a review way higher than a 7.6 (the freaking trolls are annoying). Also, this game has no DLC, it has items that HAS NO EFFECT ON GAMEPLAY that you can purchase). BUY IT. Expand
  24. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is a perfect extension of the original. More levels, more interactivity, more surprises, more history. The main campaign is a blast, and the co-op is unforgettable. Yes there is costumes you can buy (who cares?) for co-op, but all the real content is there in the game, and the game itself is a blast.

No complaints. Seriously.
  25. Apr 20, 2011
    Great game. 10+ hours of game play total and with SDK coming in there will be a whole more levels to play. Everything I have expected from Valve and more. It's fun exploring the levels and finding hidden stuff.
    FACT: DLC doesn't mean purely cosmetic items such as skins. If you believe this, you're retarded. FACT: You don't have to buy any COSMETIC items, they in no way affect the game.
  26. Apr 20, 2011
    They aren't trolling.

They aren't trolling.

This may be hard to believe, but they are actually people on /v/ and abroad the internet who believe what they're saying when they write 0 star reviews complaining about minor things like a store for optional, cosmetic, (in-game unlockable) skins and hats for robots. The opinions you're seeing here aren't a result of a "raid" but rather some legitimately deluded individuals who are allowing themselves to see only the negative parts of an otherwise nearly flawless game.

I'm not going to come here to praise the game, if you want that then just go read a professional review. I'm instead going to address the particular "issues" that these certain individuals have had, and give my own responses.

The biggest issue people seem to be having is with the so-called "DLC Store". This was something first seen in Team Fortress 2, where it stirred up nearly as much controversy.
    I'm not going to say I agree with it, because I don't. I will not be buying anything from there, and I would have preferred if Valve had not included it. This is part of the reason that I'm giving the game a 9 instead of a perfect 10. However, its inclusion did nothing to ruin my enjoyment of the game. Some people have said "The game immediately tries to suck you in to the store, and constantly reminds you of it". Well, I'm sorry, you must have played a different version than I did because I wasn't even -aware- of the Store's existence until I beat the game and poked around the menus. The store might be a big deal for me if it was selling, say, maps, or different game modes, or anything that would actually impact the gameplay. But that's not the case; in fact the store sells cosmetic hats and skins for your robots in co-op mode, all of which can be unlocked simply by playing the co-op mode in the first place. The store is only going to appeal to people with a large amount of disposable income, a group which I (and likely most people playing this) am not a part of, and therefore am not in the least bit concerned amount.

The next complaint I've heard about most, is that the game is too short. That's closer to a fair argument, the game costs a full $49.99 on PC, which while not the price for your yearly Call of Duty title, is still a pretty hefty fee. But consider that I played the singleplayer campaign at a normal pace (that is, I explored every room, listened to all the dialogue, and got stuck once or twice on certain puzzles) and it took me exactly 6 hours in one sitting to beat it. That's not too long, but by the end of it I was getting pretty tired with the puzzles, if the game had dragged on for another 6 hours I probably would have gotten sick of it. Quality over quantity, my friends. I'd prefer 6 hours of exceptional entertainment over 12+ hours of mediocre, repetitive puzzles.
    Then there's the co-op campaign, which I have yet to play I must admit. However, from what I've heard it takes about the same length of time, depending on how skilled you and/or your partner are. So in total you're getting about 12 hours of unique content. That's longer than Half-Life 2, and nobody called that a short game. In fact, I think 6 hours is about as long as Half-Life 2 was for me.

Finally, the last major complaint is about the ARG and people feeling like they were cheated with the "early release" Okay, I'll kind of agree with this one. I haven't been following the ARG myself, I leave that to the Internet Detectives who actually comprehend decoding radio signals and all that stuff. So, I can't really comment on the quality of that particular issue.
    As for the Potato Sack debacle and the not-so-early release, well.. I half agree. First of all, nobody forced anybody to buy those games. As well, a lot of people are complaining that "all that hard work we put into those games didn't pay off!".... You're joking, right? Have we fallen so far as a civilization that -PLAYING VIDEO GAMES- is considered work? Are you serious? I can't even begin to take that criticism serious.
    What I can relate to, is the disappointment over the release date. I'll agree, Valve made it seem as though playing those games would give us a much earlier release, more on the manner of days than hours. So I can understand people feeling cheated after paying for the games mostly for the result of getting Portal 2 out early, and yet not getting it in return, or at least not to the extent that they wanted. I'm willing to give Valve the benefit of the doubt, that they thought GLaDOS@Home would fill up quicker than she did, and actually wanted the game to release a few days earlier, but, still. A little disappointing.

In summary, just play the damn campaign. It's miles better than the original, which was a solid A+ game. You don't need me to tell you this.

To /v/ in particular, listen: I understand that we're still on the hate bandwagon after Dragon Age II, but I'd expect more from my comrades. You're making us look bad.
  27. Apr 20, 2011
    Fantastic game, all that I expected and more. Finished both singleplayer and multiplayer, and both were tons of fun. Only thing missing are some bonus/challenge maps like the first game.
  28. Apr 20, 2011
    Coming from a person who has a unbiased perception of Portal, I though Portal 1 didn't deserve all the praise since it was relatively easy. Don't worry though, Portal 2 is better than 1. Except it only had about 2 hard stages in Singleplayer, and another 2 hard stages in co-op. The rest of the game is purely simple. I may even call it "casual". And despite what some 10 ratings will haveComing from a person who has a unbiased perception of Portal, I though Portal 1 didn't deserve all the praise since it was relatively easy. Don't worry though, Portal 2 is better than 1. Except it only had about 2 hard stages in Singleplayer, and another 2 hard stages in co-op. The rest of the game is purely simple. I may even call it "casual". And despite what some 10 ratings will have you believe, I thought it was still short since it doesn't really have re-playability. Enough of that, the writing in Portal 2 is masterful. One of the games with the best writing in it. It was hilarious clever and Cave Johnson is THE man! If there was a writing award for gaming, which I think there is, Portal 2 will win hands down, no contest. Expand
  29. Apr 20, 2011
    Ignore the idiots who say this game is bad. Valve has put its video game magic to work again. Portal 2 is a fantastic game, elaborating on Portal's original brilliance. With a longer solo mode and a new co-op mode, it's well worth the price. Bring along excellent voice acting, the usual Portal humor (Along with some newer jokes), a "new" setting, and new gameplay mechanics (Gotta loveIgnore the idiots who say this game is bad. Valve has put its video game magic to work again. Portal 2 is a fantastic game, elaborating on Portal's original brilliance. With a longer solo mode and a new co-op mode, it's well worth the price. Bring along excellent voice acting, the usual Portal humor (Along with some newer jokes), a "new" setting, and new gameplay mechanics (Gotta love those gels) and you have a fantastic game. Also, with Steam integration on PS3, cross platform gaming comes in (Sorry Xbox 360, maybe sometime in the future) to add further interest. And now, to address those people with the negative reviews: you don't have to buy the DLC, the solo game takes maybe 8 hours, and co-op takes maybe 5 hours, and who cares about the early release? It's a great game, and you get some pretty slick games anyways. Regardless of all the trolls, I think Portal 2 is on its way to Game of the Year, and it deserves the awesome reviews from the critics. Keep on going, Valve! Expand
  30. Apr 20, 2011
    I literally just made a metacritc account so I can reveiw this game. I'm sick of the crap reveiws. IMHO Portal 2 is fun-as-hell and definitely worth what I paid for it. - Single player is super enjoyable and I know I will replay it to find all the easter eggs.
    - Co-op is exactly what I hoped it would be. Fleshed out, long, fun and innovative.
    - I don't understand why everyone is mad about
    - I don't understand why everyone is mad about the "hat shop". All that stuff can be earned. For free. FREE. - Surprisingly still as funny as the first. I expected it to lose a bit of it's charm, but it pleasantly surprised me

Ignore the trolls. Get this game.
  31. Apr 20, 2011
    Best game ever. If Portal was an Independent art house film then Portal 2 is a big budget Hollywood summer blockbuster (but without the artistic compromise)
  32. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is almost perfection incarnate. It is so densely packed with lovingly crafted environments, biting- laugh out loud humor, and challenging puzzle. It is easy to miss the entire context of the game as you rush from one puzzle to the next. On one particular level I heard a strange tonal beat that was almost a direct replication of Star Trek the motion picture, Vger is comingThis game is almost perfection incarnate. It is so densely packed with lovingly crafted environments, biting- laugh out loud humor, and challenging puzzle. It is easy to miss the entire context of the game as you rush from one puzzle to the next. On one particular level I heard a strange tonal beat that was almost a direct replication of Star Trek the motion picture, Vger is coming home indeed.

Overall:
    Everything a sequel should be, it's fun and irreverent, self referential and completely original.

Mild irritation:
    I didn't like the paint so much, it doesn't fit with the mechanics of the world, IE - it fails to to keep with the limited resource theme of 1 cube - 1 button and it isn't mechanical in nature. It would have been far more fitting to give us the gravity gun with limited pieces of acceleration tracks to lay down. It would have fit the theme far better.

So I thought I would point a few of the homages that I noticed in this game:
    Star Trek TMP- Music
    Cube - environments with homicidal tendencies
    HAL- obvious
    Bioshock - (maybe a mild spoiler )Cave Johnson
    Halflife- walking on pipes was like being back in Black Mesa, and the lovable headcrab sound is back.
    Zork Grand Inquisitor- the Wheatley character makes a nice lantern for exploring the underground.
    Silent Hill- Same mechanic with wheatley, a few seconds later,
    Mario- plumber pipes and the paint.
    TF2- All the wall posters.
    BSODs
    and so much more...
  33. Apr 20, 2011
    To put it simply, Portal 2 is and will be the BEST puzzle game of the entire year. What Valve has done with portal 2 is a thing of beauty. Not only have they captured that same feeling of accomplish and "woah that was awesome" from the first game, they have managed to make it seam completely fresh and new even to a veteran portal player like me. By adding in extra features, that at firstTo put it simply, Portal 2 is and will be the BEST puzzle game of the entire year. What Valve has done with portal 2 is a thing of beauty. Not only have they captured that same feeling of accomplish and "woah that was awesome" from the first game, they have managed to make it seam completely fresh and new even to a veteran portal player like me. By adding in extra features, that at first glance could seem not much different when compared to the first game, they have added immensely to the experience and combine that with the funniest characters ive seen in a game in a LONG time and the hated but at the same time loved antagonist "GLaDOS", you have the recipe of an outstanding game. Oh! did i also mention that Portal 2 includes a fully fledged Co-op Campaign with its own separate storyline? Its a blast when you and a buddy are playing side by side solving the puzzle chambers. Its even more satisfying because the addition of two more portals makes every puzzle chamber an even tougher exercise that makes you and your buddy shout "YES!" after you solved the seemingly impossible task that was set to you. Bottom line? Its everything you wanted from the first game and a whole lot more and if you're new to the series then your experience with portal 2 will stay with you forever. 10/10 Expand
  34. Apr 20, 2011
    A perfect extension of the first game. The story dives (literally) into the history of Aperture Science, and the plot ties things up nicely, if not a little predictably. Chekov not only left his gun lying around, but his whole kitchen (including the sink). The puzzles and the gameplay are challenging, but not impossible, as the game does a good job of teaching you how to play as you play.A perfect extension of the first game. The story dives (literally) into the history of Aperture Science, and the plot ties things up nicely, if not a little predictably. Chekov not only left his gun lying around, but his whole kitchen (including the sink). The puzzles and the gameplay are challenging, but not impossible, as the game does a good job of teaching you how to play as you play. I'm hoping with the DLC that Valve will release more levels, both single-player and co-op. Expand
  35. Apr 20, 2011
    I'm glad to have purchased this game. Valve have stepped up to the challenge of making a follow-up to Portal, and have done exceptionally well. I got about 7 hours of play time our of my first run-through, and will be playing through again to pick up some achievements and find some easter-eggs that I may have missed on my first time through. As far as the DLC goes, I'm all for the DLC thatI'm glad to have purchased this game. Valve have stepped up to the challenge of making a follow-up to Portal, and have done exceptionally well. I got about 7 hours of play time our of my first run-through, and will be playing through again to pick up some achievements and find some easter-eggs that I may have missed on my first time through. As far as the DLC goes, I'm all for the DLC that doesn't affect my gameplay if I don't buy it. As I have a limited gaming budget, and can maybe buy three games a year, as opposed to the 4 or 5 a month some people seem to go through, I am firmly of the opinion that gameplay DLC should be free, or at least below my threshold of pain for entertainment purchases (about $5). As the current DLC store for Portal 2 is just cosmetic mods to player-characters, I have no problems with the way it's set up.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't see any of the advanced chambers from the promotional videos. I'll give it another playthrough and see if I just missed something.

All in all, well worth the $50 I spent on it. It'll satisfy my gaming itch for some time!
  36. Apr 20, 2011
    Going into the sequel of one of the greatest, most clever games ever made, I was ready to be accepting but still expected a great game. Dealing with expectations, Valve had to both continue the Portal tradition, keeping everything that made the first game great, while also bringing to life a completely new game that wouldn't seem copied. With a beautiful makeover, original humor thatGoing into the sequel of one of the greatest, most clever games ever made, I was ready to be accepting but still expected a great game. Dealing with expectations, Valve had to both continue the Portal tradition, keeping everything that made the first game great, while also bringing to life a completely new game that wouldn't seem copied. With a beautiful makeover, original humor that wasn't too tacky and over the top, and gameplay mechanics that were familiar yet still refreshing, Valve delivered. Everyone knew that this game could have gone wrong in so many little ways that might have killed it, like a tower so high that it must be perfectly crafted lest it fall over. Portal 2 was fantastically entertaining from start to finish, and the only problem you'll have after playing it is whether you want to jump into the full co-op campaign or start from the beginning again to catch all the wonders you only glimpsed the first time. Expand
  37. Apr 20, 2011
    Maybe I just liked the first portal's story and characters so much that I was bound to be disappointed, but I thought all characters were really poor in portal 2... There are way too many menial tasks instead of puzzles in this game too. A couple of really cool aspects however if though nothing blows you away like in the first game.
  38. May 4, 2011
    Valve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over controlValve are legends of the gaming industry, no doubt about it. For those who are complaining that the game didn't go towards YOUR expectations, you're missing out on an obvious nominee for Game of the Year. Continuing the innovative gameplay and story from the first game, Portal 2 expands the story tenfold into an epic journey through the history of Aperture and the AI struggle over control and power. Gameplay is top-notch, and each campaign feels complete and entertaining despite their short lengths...if you're a pro at Portal. And of course, graphics are phenomenal in presenting the haunted remnants of Aperture, and Sound Design is great. Oh, and the sarcasm and humor are still there. So, if you want the greatest experience of gaming this year, Portal 2 will be your buy. Expand
  39. Apr 20, 2011
    Amazingly well written game, well polished and a huge amount of fun to play. The puzzles are well thought out, and can be VERY challenging. Graphics on both PC and PS3 are very good. A lot more game play than the first portal, all of it heaps of fun. Funny and witty comments from both GLaDOS and Wheatley make the game even more enjoyable. Definite 10/10 from me. Multi-player is alsoAmazingly well written game, well polished and a huge amount of fun to play. The puzzles are well thought out, and can be VERY challenging. Graphics on both PC and PS3 are very good. A lot more game play than the first portal, all of it heaps of fun. Funny and witty comments from both GLaDOS and Wheatley make the game even more enjoyable. Definite 10/10 from me. Multi-player is also awesome, and there are a lot of achievements for it as well as the single player achievements. Expand
  40. Apr 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nice Game .. .... ... ... ... ... .. .. . . ... .. .. ... . ..... .... ........ ... .... . ... .. ..... ........ ....... ... ... ... .... .. .... .. ... ... ............ ........ ....... ....... .. .. ..... ... ... .... ... .... .... .. .... ....... .. ..... ...... . .... .... ....... . ........ ..... .... .... .... ... ... ........ .. ........10/10 Expand
  41. Apr 20, 2011
    Just as Portal 1, pure genius. Great story, plays & looks very pretty... I am enjoying every part of it.... Kudos to Valve for again creating a top-notch game!!

Recommended to everyone with somewhat of a puzzle mind & humor :)
  42. Apr 20, 2011
    this is perfection in a video game. solo campaign length is perfect, not too long, not too short. the co-op campaign is pure genius. the voice acting is the shining star of this series and the talent brought in for portal 2 delivers. stars like j.k. simmons and stephen merchant bring these invisible characters to live. well done valve well done.
  43. Apr 20, 2011
    So far Portal 2 has been one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The story is very engaging with excellent writing and voice acting. A few of the puzzles made me think a bit, but so far I haven't gotten stuck on any of them. I haven't finished yet after playing for about 6 hours and I feel like I'm not all that close to an ending. These people who say they finished inSo far Portal 2 has been one of the best games I have played in a very long time. The story is very engaging with excellent writing and voice acting. A few of the puzzles made me think a bit, but so far I haven't gotten stuck on any of them. I haven't finished yet after playing for about 6 hours and I feel like I'm not all that close to an ending. These people who say they finished in 2 or 3 hours must be way smarter than me, which I'm ok with. I'm having a blast playing and I find myself laughing out loud quite a bit. I haven't touched the co-op mode yet and I will definitely be looking forward to playing with my friends after I finish the single player game. Expand
  44. Apr 20, 2011
    Excellent game!! single-player is long, with many new things,there are some parts very hard and take a while to pass it. Co-op is just amazing, i just can play in split-screen with my friends! cooperative levels are difficult and very innovative. The best game of the year!
  45. Apr 20, 2011
    Don't let the entitled /v/ trolls fool you, this is easily the best game of the year so far. The story is superb, and the characters are some of the most memorable you'll ever find, with fantastic voice acting. They really brought this game to life with the attention to detail, incredible environments, and cinematic quality. The puzzles were as mind-bending as they were entertaining. AllDon't let the entitled /v/ trolls fool you, this is easily the best game of the year so far. The story is superb, and the characters are some of the most memorable you'll ever find, with fantastic voice acting. They really brought this game to life with the attention to detail, incredible environments, and cinematic quality. The puzzles were as mind-bending as they were entertaining. All the time they spent on this sequel paid off tenfold. Expand
  46. Apr 20, 2011
    Although its not perfect, its the best game so far that has been released in the past 4 years (or ever?! :)). The improvements in the game are stand in good stead, but also are in case of necessity. Albeit I missed the generally aseptic and clean environmental mood this time, cause most of the levels were in the state of raunchy, due to catch up to the story's nature. Some of the newAlthough its not perfect, its the best game so far that has been released in the past 4 years (or ever?! :)). The improvements in the game are stand in good stead, but also are in case of necessity. Albeit I missed the generally aseptic and clean environmental mood this time, cause most of the levels were in the state of raunchy, due to catch up to the story's nature. Some of the new features are really interesting, and Im glad that Valve really did adopt some of the best ideas from the gamer ardent spirits, that have been counselled about the sequel in its forums, during the first games terms of office (Yess, I was a part of that :)!). But im still a bit confused about that they wanted at all hazard, to intensify all of the unique elements (like the cynic humour) of the predecessor with a bit too roughly style, and they sometimes slightly overshoot the mark a little. The another controvertible part was the barely outdated engine, although the graphics style fits to the game perfectly, ideas like this game is based on, relay deserve a bit more gloss, I would really like to see some improvement on the side of this from Valve in the near future! Oh, and yess Valve, we want the co-op to be expanded by new DLC maps too! Taking it all round, Portal 2 is one of the most outstanding, most extraordinary and intellectually challenging game I ever played with. For me its the must have category, just like its posterior will be (hopefully in a few years)! Expand
  47. Apr 20, 2011
    For those complaining about the short length and cost of the game: Valve releases barely any games and when they do release major ones, it will be costly and is justified by that because they have to do business. Now comparing it to other games such as call of duty, they charge just as much for their games released every year with the the single player mode being as long or shorter thanFor those complaining about the short length and cost of the game: Valve releases barely any games and when they do release major ones, it will be costly and is justified by that because they have to do business. Now comparing it to other games such as call of duty, they charge just as much for their games released every year with the the single player mode being as long or shorter than portal 2. What did you expect? Fallout 3? As for the potato sack, it was optional for you to buy it. Who are you to criticize the actions of other people when they chip in and try to get the game out early? Their loss or gain is not Valve's problem as it is optional and the game will be released anyways. It's a gamble. Expand
  48. Apr 20, 2011
    For starters, this game is damned impressive. I was a bit wary at first: I wasn't sure how Valve would handle the sequel to their previously so well-received title, but they really managed to pull this off well. The level of polish is pleasantly higher than expected and overall the game feels like a very well-produced product. The humor has had me burst out laughing at times and theFor starters, this game is damned impressive. I was a bit wary at first: I wasn't sure how Valve would handle the sequel to their previously so well-received title, but they really managed to pull this off well. The level of polish is pleasantly higher than expected and overall the game feels like a very well-produced product. The humor has had me burst out laughing at times and the gameplay is as entertaining as ever.

Many people have been harshly criticizing Valve for including "first-day DLC", but it must be considered that this is entirely optional DLC - it is purely aesthetic and you do not suffer being kicked from a game or any other consequence should you choose not to purchase it. The campaign is about as long as you choose to make it, depending on how much you choose to rush, how much dialogue you listen to, and how good you are at solving the puzzles, and one must also consider the presence of the cooperative campaign, which stands entirely on its own. Overall I think Valve has done no less than we could have expected of them, which was to produce an excellent game.
  49. Apr 20, 2011
    This is pretty much the most fun I've had with a game in a while. The campaign is masterful. My favorite part, without a doubt is the coop though. It's so satisfying to FINALLY solve that one puzzle that you and your friend just couldn't get past.
  50. Apr 20, 2011
    The first Portal was indeed a great value, and well worth the $10 or so it goes for now. I was a devotee of the original game. Portal 2 is not as great a value.

The first Portal was a single player game and could be finished in an evening, 4-5 hours, overall about $2 per hour by current prices. Portal 2 barely manages to double that time for its single player portion, 9-10 hours at a whopping $50. Even with the added coop content you're looking at about $4 per hour.

I'm convinced that the game reviewers were bought on this one. No honest person could say that Portal 2's content was more remarkable than Orange Box, Half Life 2, or even the original Half Life.

I was really surprised it ended so quickly. I do feel cheated. The game is well done. It has charm. The developers should be commended. But the team should be ashamed for shipping half a game.

I don't regret buying the game. However, Valve has taken a direct hit in my mind regarding brand loyalty. Especially since the game oozes of marketing influence.

All quantifiable dissatisfaction aside, the story was actually pretty inferior to the previous game. Portal had a clear vision, elegant progression, and very memorable characters. Portal 2's story was much less elegant, putting me in a strange mood where I feel forced to carry out orders from characters I don't trust and not at all surprised when the tables turn on me. There is no clear plot flow in this game, and various stories are introduced and discarded. The new characters are cute, but much less memorable. I would have gladly traded 50% of the cinematic theatrics, animations, and dialogue for more actual gameplay. The gameplay which is included is markedly better. The new fluid mechanics are very well done and intuitive to manipulate. The new and old elements work well together too, and the puzzles are good head scratching fun. The boss fight was on par with the first game but forgettable.

I give it a 5 simply because the my expectations for single player game time were woefully unfulfilled. Portal 2 is a $25 game.
  51. Apr 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not everyone can complete the game in 3-4 hours. Some of us have jobs, university, school, a family AKA a life. The game is astonishing. Unforgettable experience. GLaDOS is funny as hell. Even if you didn't play the first Portal game you'll laugh because of her jokes and sarcasm. Expand
  52. Apr 20, 2011
    Upon completing this adventure within Portal 2 an initial reaction was satisfaction. It offered so many amazing gameplay mechanics that it never feels boring for a second while also never frustrating when solving the complex level designs. In addition the campaign's story was so funny, immersive and entertaining as a full length title that Valve must be congratulated in creating one of theUpon completing this adventure within Portal 2 an initial reaction was satisfaction. It offered so many amazing gameplay mechanics that it never feels boring for a second while also never frustrating when solving the complex level designs. In addition the campaign's story was so funny, immersive and entertaining as a full length title that Valve must be congratulated in creating one of the greatest games of this generation. To note giving this title a '0' (the lowest score you can give for a game) soley based on supplemented DLC is not a good critical analysis at all. Expand
  53. Apr 20, 2011
    I honestly don't think I've ever been so engrossed in a game before. Half-Life 2 and that series is a very close second... but Portal 2 really, really takes the cake on this one. I didn't see a single flaw, either in graphics, storyline, or delivery. Hands down, amazing. Good job Valve. I will be recommending this game to all my friends, and even people I have never met before.

And for

And for anyone that says the game is short... it's not, honestly, and do you really think Valve won't add on more content later with extra challenges? It took me about 6 hours to play through the story line, and I will definitely be playing through it again and again. This game was worth every penny.
  54. Apr 20, 2011
    This is no game, this is a new type of entertainment with maximum usage of brain, even it contains comedy and epic story ! A must buy not only for Portal/Valve fan.
  55. Apr 20, 2011
    I have no idea why the user average is 7.7. It deserves a 9 at least. The concept is amazing, gameplay is solid and exhilarating, new features are never forced or gimmicky and voice acting is stellar. It's an incredibly funny game that never has one dull moment. It's full of nothing but robots but they have more personality than most games with people. They tell an interesting storyI have no idea why the user average is 7.7. It deserves a 9 at least. The concept is amazing, gameplay is solid and exhilarating, new features are never forced or gimmicky and voice acting is stellar. It's an incredibly funny game that never has one dull moment. It's full of nothing but robots but they have more personality than most games with people. They tell an interesting story through nothing but voice and it's so fresh and so valve. If you loved the first, you will love this hilarious, exciting, gameplay feature packed, great looking game. The multiplayer is the best because the puzzles are more complex and give you such a great feeling of accomplishment that you just want to high five your buddy and cheer! From start to end, this game will make you laugh and think and marvel at the sheer beauty and quality that valve has packaged for you. The best game I have purchased since the beginning of 2010. Expand
  56. Apr 20, 2011
    By far the greatest Valve game that has ever been made. I started playing this at 6 PM my time, and refused to go to sleep until I finished it. It was 2:30 AM when I finished it the game. All I can say is that Valve took all my expectations and passed them. They turned a small 2 to 3 hour indie experiment and made a 8-10 hour full-fledged game. Valve proved to the world that they stillBy far the greatest Valve game that has ever been made. I started playing this at 6 PM my time, and refused to go to sleep until I finished it. It was 2:30 AM when I finished it the game. All I can say is that Valve took all my expectations and passed them. They turned a small 2 to 3 hour indie experiment and made a 8-10 hour full-fledged game. Valve proved to the world that they still know how to make an amazing game. The levels are beautifully designed, richly detailed, and reward you immensely for looking at it closely. Stephen Merchant and JK Simmons voice their characters beautifully with incredible humor that doesn't force itself. All I can say is that Portal 2 almost a perfect game. Aside from a few difficult puzzles (which are actually easy when you beat them, as they require you to think outside the box) there is nothing wrong with this game, and anyone who can buy it, SHOULD BUY IT. Expand
  57. Apr 20, 2011
    Let me start by saying that I think this game deserves a 9/10. The extra 1 is to try and balance out the idiots who are giving this game 0-3/10. They're either trolls or people who absolutely hate puzzle games and shouldn't have been playing this game anyways. That said, I loved this game. Stunning voice acting, clever puzzles, and a riveting storyline make this the best game so far thisLet me start by saying that I think this game deserves a 9/10. The extra 1 is to try and balance out the idiots who are giving this game 0-3/10. They're either trolls or people who absolutely hate puzzle games and shouldn't have been playing this game anyways. That said, I loved this game. Stunning voice acting, clever puzzles, and a riveting storyline make this the best game so far this year. Those who are claiming this to be a console port don't know what they're talking about. There's up to 8x AA on AMD/ ATI cards, up to 16x AF, other expected texture settings, and it even supports Eyefinity (resolution of 5760x1080). I look forward to going through the campaign again to find the secrets that I missed. I did find the puzzles to be easier to solve then the ones from portal 1, but that is to be expected considering that I beat that game a couple times. I've had practice. Expand
  58. Apr 20, 2011
    To the **** and haters. Your points are noted, but invalid. Go kill yourselves. Love, Sloth
    PS: Make a better game and prove me wrong.
  59. Apr 20, 2011
    Portal 2 is a unique puzzle game. It had a huge predecessor to live up to and although it doesn't quite have the same impact it certainly is still a fantastic purchase worth your time. Let me start by saying ignore the people who gave the game a 0 or a low score when they have one minor gripe about it i.e. ARG. I'd much rather people judged the game as a whole.

The puzzles are

The puzzles are admittedly a bit on the easy side, and although they never get boring, more seasoned players may find the lack of challenge a slight disappointment. The story and humour, on the other hand keep things interesting for the bulk of the campaign. Co-op is unexpectedly the highlight of the game, and playing with a friend certainly does take the experience to a whole new level, particularly as puzzles are especiallly made for the shared play. There is a level of ingenuity involved in the design, but there is nothing remotely frustrating, so there will be small chance of any couch fights between you and your partner.

Unfortunately the combined singe-player and co-op campaigns clocked to about eightish hours on total, and I assume this would be about the time taken for most players. The problem with a puzzle game of this nature is that once you've solved one, there is no reason why you would feel motivated to play again.

Despite the next to nil replayability and lack of sufficient challenger, Portal 2 is fun whilst it lasts and the fun story and ever-changing gameplay mechanics (including the new gels!) make it a memorable experience while it lasts and well worth a purchase for any gamer who wants to have an entertaining time
  60. Apr 20, 2011
    The best game I've played in a long time. Don't believe the over-entitled crybabies leaving negative reviews: this game is 6 to 8 hours of perfectly formed single-player entertainment, and the same amount of co-op multiplayer entertainment.
  61. Apr 21, 2011
    Simple the best Valve's game so far. Portal 2 has very amazing singleplayer experience and is full-length game when comparing to other games. Graphics in this game are beautiful to old source engine (middle-high-end when comparing to all games). Game is well optimised and runs on lower-end computers well.

The story in this game is interesting and the plot is excellent. Most of jokes are hilarious and rest of them make you laugh too. For me, Valve has nice sense of humor. Game mechanics works very well, gels don't make you lag and they're smooth. (exclude driver issues etc, that are in every game).

As a true portal 1 fan, Portal 2 beats it in every sector, every single one. People say that this game is short, but should the game last 5 hours on speed run? If people played this in hurry to something like 2-3 hours, I'd say it's not short. (Portal 1 can be played in
  62. Apr 21, 2011
    Simply fantastic. The new elements in Portal 2 diversify the gameplay without overburdening it with complication. The storyline is convincing and immersive; the voice acting evoked pathos and drove humor. The game took me around 7 hours to finish, not including the separate co-op section.
  63. Apr 21, 2011
    I loved the game, I think it could have been a bit longer as well, I got it for Xbox and I won't ever download or by DLC Content and its killing games hand down and everyone know it.. DLC make people slack. But portal 2 was good and i loved it.
  64. Apr 21, 2011
    I'll give this game a solid 8.0. I'm no fan boy, nor am I a Valve enthusiast. I simply enjoyed the first game, and I figured they couldn't go wrong with a second, and I was right about that. Also, pay no attention to those voting this as less than < 3, as they are likely mad about Valve wooing them into buying the $35 indie games pack with hoped to release the game early.

There are many

There are many pros to this game, with a main focus on the dialogue. I laughed numerous times, especially when GLaDOS and Wheatley were conversing with each other, and also Cave Johnson is a brilliant character. The new mechanics were also a breath of fresh air. Playing Portal (1) right before my copy arrived, I was already used to the old mechanics, then the addition of the refracting cubes, and gels, and the tractor beams, it really started to become a better puzzle than "place portal A, place portal B, walk through, win." It was more of a "I need to get that gel over here, what would be the best way to do so?" Even with all these additions, Valve never made you feel lost with what you needed to do. Everything was introduced in a timely manner so that you had time to learn the functions of something before you were forced to use something new. My only gripe that I have with this game is the out dated engine. Valve really needs to step back and think about coding a new engine to use in its new games. I realize they're likely to change it after Half Life 2: Episode 3 is released, but they should have either released that already or they should have written a new code to be used for Portal 2 exclusively then used for the next release of the Half life franchise (Half Life 3 if you will). This is what prompted the -2 on the review, because a 7 year old engine really needs to be fixed. It was great at the time of its conception, but now its almost ancient in comparison to today's standards.
  65. Apr 21, 2011
    Valve delivers on the good stuff once again. Single player takes a good 8-9 to complete, multiplayer can last another 7. Overall, you're looking at a good 15-16 hours of gameplay give or take. Your experience with this game will vary based on how much you enjoy challenging puzzle gameplay, but even if you aren't a huge fan of this, you will likely enjoy the game's sense of humor and it'sValve delivers on the good stuff once again. Single player takes a good 8-9 to complete, multiplayer can last another 7. Overall, you're looking at a good 15-16 hours of gameplay give or take. Your experience with this game will vary based on how much you enjoy challenging puzzle gameplay, but even if you aren't a huge fan of this, you will likely enjoy the game's sense of humor and it's well written dialogue.

This may not be the longest game ever released, but to pretend it only lasts 4 hours or whatever claims are out there, is simply deceptive, and flat out false. This is one of Valve's finest games and again, assuming you enjoy puzzle gameplay, it's hard to find an experience as satisfying as Portal 2. It's one thing not to like this game, but to give it scores of 0 or 1 on here for a game with these top notch production values...let's just say I question if these people are blindly hating, or if they actually played the game.
  66. Apr 22, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game. Game is well written, levels are terrific, character voices are hilarious. You really feel a sense of accomplishment when you figure them out.
  67. May 19, 2011
    It's a great game that I honestly recommend to everybody I know, even for the price point. Those rating it low, remember once the developer tools come out there will be loads of very, very difficult, as well as some easy and also just plain fun, maps to play for absolutely free. There won't really be story to those maps, but at least it will lengthen the game substantially, thus making itIt's a great game that I honestly recommend to everybody I know, even for the price point. Those rating it low, remember once the developer tools come out there will be loads of very, very difficult, as well as some easy and also just plain fun, maps to play for absolutely free. There won't really be story to those maps, but at least it will lengthen the game substantially, thus making it worth the $50. All in all it is an amazing game that is well worth the money, even if you have to wait a little while for the extra maps. Expand
  68. Nil
    Apr 21, 2011
    There's just a handful of games that are crafted with as much love, and I am quite surprised because most of them are Valve games.

Portal 2 is a sweet puzzle game that will have newcomers to the 'thinking with portals' mechanics entertained considerably longer than the rest of those who already know their way around them. Still, regardless, in personal experience the Single Player

Still, regardless, in personal experience the Single Player campaign runs at a satisfactory 6-8 hour game. You can, however, rush it through in a bit more than 5 hours when you already know the puzzle solutions.

Now, apart from being fun and filled with comedy throughout this game has depth. I know! Try and look around for details, if you haven't played the other games in the Half Life universe some details might go over your head, but there is plenty to discover about the Story of Chell and how she fits in it.

Then there's Cooperative Mode. It's fun and depending on who you play it with may end up going for hours. Do try to play it with friends, since playing with random players usually becomes stressful because they are prone to leaving mid game.

And finally, disregard the DLC complaints. The game is enjoyable as delivered, what the Cash Shop included in the game provides is just a short cut for people who find the game so hard that they would rather pay to unlock content instead of playing more. And besides, most of the Shop items are nothing but cosmetic modifications which do not, in any way, affect the game. At all.
  69. Apr 21, 2011
    Graphics, scenario and atmosphere are top notch. Gameplay is great too with the new mechanics. Great game, as always with Valve.

PS to go over the 150 char limit : don't listen to all the bad reviews, most of their arguments are invalid.
  70. Apr 21, 2011
    One of the best games I've played this year so far. Where Portal was a 2-hour prototype for the portal mechanic, Portal 2 is a 5-6 hour (single player only, not including co-op) full-fat game which greatly expands on what Portal achieved. Perfect voice acting, amazing graphics (which just goes to show how much mileage Valve can still get out of the Source engine), mind-bending puzzlesOne of the best games I've played this year so far. Where Portal was a 2-hour prototype for the portal mechanic, Portal 2 is a 5-6 hour (single player only, not including co-op) full-fat game which greatly expands on what Portal achieved. Perfect voice acting, amazing graphics (which just goes to show how much mileage Valve can still get out of the Source engine), mind-bending puzzles which will definitely give your brain a workout, and a powerful and hilarious story which carries you all the way through both game modes. In my opinion, definitely deserving of a 10/10.

Oh, and don't listen to all the trolls who are, for some reason, using very minor issues as excuses to give a 1 or 0/10. There's no reason to give something a 1 or less unless the game in question is utterly broken beyond comprehension, and doing so only highlights the lack of ones ability to discuss things like an actual grown-up. Giving 5's or 6's might help their case better.
  71. Apr 21, 2011
    a very nice follow-up on the first portal. it's a good thing they didn't loose there sense of humor that was in the first game. a game rarely makes me laugh this hard. the level design is of a high quality, almost too bad your are going trough it so fast. the puzzles are challenging and have good new elements. the only down side is the length, witch is just too short for this kind of game
  72. Apr 21, 2011
    Portal 2 is a great expansion on the portal universe. Valve took what they had as far as they could. The game is a solid 10 hours with stunning visuals and brilliant comedic practices which will have you rolling on the floor laughing. highly recommended. I think users expected something too different from portal 2 than portal and thus was met with negativity and hostility.
  73. Apr 21, 2011
    this game has a level of polish rarely seen, and some of the best voice acting in any video game to date. Valve took the original and without removing any of the charm created a much deeper and more fleshed out game-play experience. portal 2 is truly a fantastic game.
  74. Apr 21, 2011
    A good follow up. The dialog is even better than the original. I don't know if it's because we already experienced the "think with portals" game play before, but the test don't seem quite as difficult. Not that I have gotten stuck trying to figure them out a few times in 2.
  75. Apr 21, 2011
    The reason there are so many negative reviews is probably because of the price of the game. Many people feel that given the short length of the game it should have been cheaper. Personally i think it's worth the price, it's as simple as that. If you think its worth it buy it but if u dont think its worth it then dont buy it. Expensive or not this is still a quality game which i can rankThe reason there are so many negative reviews is probably because of the price of the game. Many people feel that given the short length of the game it should have been cheaper. Personally i think it's worth the price, it's as simple as that. If you think its worth it buy it but if u dont think its worth it then dont buy it. Expensive or not this is still a quality game which i can rank higher than $60 dollar games. Also this is not a $60 dollar game i dont know where people got that figure from. Someone had the nerve to say "Poor level design, the levels are broken" This is just someone who lacks the mental capacity to solve these puzzles. The game is fun, not once was i bored during single player and coop is a real laugh. Also dont believe people who say they completed it in 3 hours. I'm pretty sure thats impossible without cheats of some kind. If you can solve each puzzle right away (which is extremely difficult) the game will still take u at least 5 hours. Personally i think the length of the single player is 5-7 hours and coop 3-5 hours. Also all the moan about DLC which is basically a few gimmicky items u can equip ur coop character with is ridiculous. They are releasing a level design kit down the road so expect custom maps too. In the UK its £30 on Steam. I'd personally recommend it. Expand
  76. May 3, 2011
    This is an absolutely fantastic game. Sure, it's a tad short, but I still managed to easily get 8 hours out of the single player campaign. This game excels at many things, but two things really stood out for me: Level design and the characters' personalities. The gameplay is up-to-par with what we have come to expect from a Valve game. Overall, this game is a blast to play and you'll findThis is an absolutely fantastic game. Sure, it's a tad short, but I still managed to easily get 8 hours out of the single player campaign. This game excels at many things, but two things really stood out for me: Level design and the characters' personalities. The gameplay is up-to-par with what we have come to expect from a Valve game. Overall, this game is a blast to play and you'll find yourself with a big smile on your face most of the time. Mustbuy! Expand
  77. Apr 21, 2011
    This was one of the best experience i have ever had, the ideal mix between storytelling and actual gameplay. Valve does an excellent job at dragging you in its games, i.e. Half-Life 2 etc. I Notice a lot of people complaining about the 'old' engine Valve uses, i don't see any problems with it, the graphics are ace and perfect for a game like portal in my opinion.

*like like*
  78. Apr 21, 2011
    Despite all the build up buzz... this game is mediocre for a valve game, sure they've expanded on the original, but the campaign and co-op modes wont even last a day before completion...shame but to add insult to injury they chuck a tonne of DLCs for money on day of release.... all of which should have been bundled with it in the first instance... sorry paid DLCs need to be more thanDespite all the build up buzz... this game is mediocre for a valve game, sure they've expanded on the original, but the campaign and co-op modes wont even last a day before completion...shame but to add insult to injury they chuck a tonne of DLCs for money on day of release.... all of which should have been bundled with it in the first instance... sorry paid DLCs need to be more than cosmetic and the game is waaaaaaay to short. Expand
  79. Apr 21, 2011
    One of the best Games i ever played nice and hard levels . Nice ideas with the gel etc. and The best COOP game i ever played in my whole life. GOOD WORK VALVE .waiting for Portal 3^^
  80. Apr 21, 2011
    Loved the game.
    I love all the small touches all around the game from the funny posters to the way the background music reacts to player actions and adds well to the atmosphere.
    I found the voice acting, the characters and their scripts to be entertaining, we're going to be quoting Cave Johnson for a long time. The puzzles designs were good and well thought out, hard enough to slow
    Loved the game.
    The puzzles designs were good and well thought out, hard enough to slow down the players as they work things out but not stop them, so a good pace can be set throughout the game.
    Haven't finished the co op yet but we are having a great time with it so far.
    Graphics are good and a good amount of time can be spent just looking around the levels appreciating the looks.
    I really did enjoy the story and the speed with which it develops, overall I reckon they chose a good length for the game to prevent it from getting stale, just as fun to do in one big sitting or several small sittings without losing your place.

The adverts and teaser clips they put out for this game really built up the hype for me, so I'm glad I wasn't disappointed, not to mention that little competition they had going in order to get the game released earlier was a fantastic idea as far as I was concerned.

Good job valve, now wheres half life 3?
  81. Apr 21, 2011
    Amazing game, best 40 euros spend on video games in a long time. The single player is simply amazing. People might argue about how short the game actually is, but if you like to explore and get the full portal 2 experience, the singleplayer alone might take you upto 8 hours, and then there is still the co-op to explore which is also a full campaign. Graphics are top and the story also tiesAmazing game, best 40 euros spend on video games in a long time. The single player is simply amazing. People might argue about how short the game actually is, but if you like to explore and get the full portal 2 experience, the singleplayer alone might take you upto 8 hours, and then there is still the co-op to explore which is also a full campaign. Graphics are top and the story also ties in with the half life world! (Borealis hl2) Ofcourse people might be dissapointed if they followed the whole Potato ARG by valve and hoped that the game would release over the weekend, but giving this game a negative score is just overreacting. It's certainly one of the contestants for game of the year, and it doesnt deserve the bad scores like /v/ did earlier to dragon age 2. Expand
  82. Apr 21, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game. Everything from the graphics to the sarcastic humor of GlaDOS. No matter what the raging says, don't listen to them. This is a great game!
  83. Apr 21, 2011
    I think this game has too many haters for this type of game, It's original ( unless your counting portal one ) it has a great story line, and it's great for multi player. People say this games levels are very dull, but there original, and a challenge. Most people who play this game have had allot of fun playing it and I have to as I think it is very entertaining. And you could have aI think this game has too many haters for this type of game, It's original ( unless your counting portal one ) it has a great story line, and it's great for multi player. People say this games levels are very dull, but there original, and a challenge. Most people who play this game have had allot of fun playing it and I have to as I think it is very entertaining. And you could have a outstanding game like COD4 when it was out but yet that is not as fun as say Donkey Kong returns. Most games are known for graphics and what the online play is like. Well really games should be about how much fun you can get in them, how long you will be interested for, and how original they are. So that just proves this is a epic game that will and should be rated as one of the best there is. Expand
  84. Apr 21, 2011
    This was everything I wanted in a Portal sequel. The puzzles, characters, level design, and especially the humor, were all a step above what the first portal had achieved. Valve has outdone themselves yet again.
  85. Apr 21, 2011
    9/10 Great game, and well worth the wait.
    9/10 Great game, and well worth the wait.
    First off, everyone complaining that it isn't long enough needs to realize that people solve puzzles at different speeds. It seems like the average completion time for the single player is 5-7 hours and for co-op it is 2-3 hours. That makes the game about 7-10 hours long, which if you bought it for $40 for the 2 pack during pre-order, makes it well worth it. I can see why people who bought it for $50 might be kind of mad, but that is their problem for not splitting it with a friend. I'm also doing the dev commentary so that adds another chuck of play time.
    Regardless, the game is hilarious and looks beautiful. Didn't have any glitches or level design flaws so I don't know what other people are complaining about. The only thing that really makes me mad about the game is the dlc for co-op. All of those things should have come are rewards for achievements- not cost actual money. Really valve? Paying for gestures? I understand paying for new maps and campaigns, that makes perfect sense. But day 1 dlc makes me feel like it should be part of the game and that I'm getting ripped off. Plus only one other person at a time will see them so whats it matter anyway? This is why I'm docking off a point from a 10.
    Last thing is I miss the challenge maps, those add gameplay time and don't seem hard to make so I don't see why they weren't included. So I'm hoping this and REAL dlc gets added soon.
  86. Apr 21, 2011
    Portal 2 is incredible. Whatever you have read, you will not finish Portal 2 in under 6 Hours. I have finished Portal 1 in one and a half hours in my first play through and I needed 7 hours to finish Portal 2. Even if you are a genius there is still Co-Op which is at least as long as the single-player campaign.

Apart from that, Valve's Portal 2 is a great game which is not only

Apart from that, Valve's Portal 2 is a great game which is not only extremely creative (which is rare in today's jungle of Battlefield and Call of Duty) but even for advanced Portal players, it is in later stages challenging. It is one of those games that comes along only few times in many years. It is funny, makes you think (which again, is very rare in today's games) and did I mention that I had the most fun in years playing Co-Op? It is just hilarious if someone messes up and you die.

Game of the Decade if you ask me.
  87. Apr 21, 2011
    This Game is perfect! Please don't let these haters steer you away from this gem of a game. Take you time is the various tests and rooms. There are plenty of clues and hidden areas to keep one busy for quite some time. So don't blow thru it like some people who are trying to look for hints for HL:EP3. If it comes great if not, so what. Portal 2 stands alone as a great game, and needs to beThis Game is perfect! Please don't let these haters steer you away from this gem of a game. Take you time is the various tests and rooms. There are plenty of clues and hidden areas to keep one busy for quite some time. So don't blow thru it like some people who are trying to look for hints for HL:EP3. If it comes great if not, so what. Portal 2 stands alone as a great game, and needs to be respected as such. Expand
  88. Apr 21, 2011
    The game is beautiful. People need to quit whineing so much. I played through it and noticed none of the little things people are bashing this about. Glados is funnier, sharper and everything is a lot more complete feeling tham Portal 1. Truly brilliant
  89. Apr 21, 2011
    PORTAL 2 IS THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES!!!!

PORTAL 2 IS THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES!!!!

The graphics and storyline are totally ground breaking and humorous. This is the first game I have ever played that actually lived up to the hype. The potatoe sack game collection was pure genius even offering early release of portal2 for collecting potatoes in each of the potatoe sack collection, brilliant!!! The coop is more fun than Ive ever had in any other game and the puzzles are awesome... I gasp with worry and anticipation everytime I enter a new level.

The store... well I feel that offering swag such as tshirt is cool. However, nickle and dimeing for ingame content is a bit pan-hand-lish and should be removed. I mean your asking people that shelled out about $50 for the game to pay more for intangibles that should be included in the experience. Fix that and your perfect. 99.9 out of 100, get rid of the nickle and dimeing and you can have the 100.
  90. Apr 21, 2011
    Portal 2 is easily the best game I've played in 2011, and even with such titles as L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim and The Last Guardian coming out later this year, I have no doubt that Portal 2 will be a strong contender for game of the year.

I was never much a fan of the original Portal. I thought it was well-made, but due to ridiculous amounts of hype (and, more likely than not, the fact that I'd seen the ending before I played the game) it never stood out to me. Its sequel has changed that. Portal 2 is nothing short of brilliant. It is absolutely perfect from start to finish, and my only complaint is that, at some point, it had to end.

That being said, Portal 2 has, the best ending of any game I've ever played. If you thought that the first game ended fantastically, or even if you didn't, Portal 2's ending will leave you in a confused state of amusement, shock, awe, and even a little bit of sadness at the knowledge that you will never be able to recreate such an amazing experience.

It's important to note, as well, that the negative reviews on Metacritic are largely from people who are upset about the in-game DLC store and do not reflect at all on the overall quality of the game.

I can not stress this enough: play Portal 2. Because it's far more than a game - it's a paragon of what every developer should strive for.
  91. Apr 21, 2011
    This is an amazing game. When I heard all these other reviewers complaining, I got scared that my pre-order went to waste. And boy, it didn't. This game is one of the best I've played in a while. The level design keeps you stumped at specific points due to puzzles that are actually difficult, not like lots of puzzle games where the difficulty in the puzzle is due to bad communicationThis is an amazing game. When I heard all these other reviewers complaining, I got scared that my pre-order went to waste. And boy, it didn't. This game is one of the best I've played in a while. The level design keeps you stumped at specific points due to puzzles that are actually difficult, not like lots of puzzle games where the difficulty in the puzzle is due to bad communication between the programmer and player. The dialogue, characters, and story is hilarious. There were points where I had to pause the game in order to control my laughter. I'd give this a ten, but there are large amounts of loading times which get annoying quickly. Overall, this game is outstanding. It's met ALL of my expectations for it. Expand
  92. Apr 21, 2011
    Valve did an amazing job with this game as they always do. I honestly can't understand the many low rated "reviews" here. It was the first game I ever pre-ordered and it was 100% worth it. The Source engine was once more improved and the game looks really good in my opinion. The storyline develops great and there are lots of twists that make the story exciting. The characters are awesomeValve did an amazing job with this game as they always do. I honestly can't understand the many low rated "reviews" here. It was the first game I ever pre-ordered and it was 100% worth it. The Source engine was once more improved and the game looks really good in my opinion. The storyline develops great and there are lots of twists that make the story exciting. The characters are awesome and the synchronisation is great in English and German. Especially the robot Wheatley is absolutely adorable. In the end, the story finished way better than Portal 1 did, although the Credits song (again by Jonathan Coulton) wasn't as good as the first one. Expand
  93. Apr 21, 2011
    First off, if you're going to complain about how you don't have enough money to spend on video games yet you still spend on video games, grow up and learn to be responsible with your spendings. It's not our fault you live in your parents' basement. Secondly, this game is beautiful. Skins are great, images are sharper and cleaner. Game play is smooth and the puzzles are interesting. I wasFirst off, if you're going to complain about how you don't have enough money to spend on video games yet you still spend on video games, grow up and learn to be responsible with your spendings. It's not our fault you live in your parents' basement. Secondly, this game is beautiful. Skins are great, images are sharper and cleaner. Game play is smooth and the puzzles are interesting. I was worried about co-op but it's fantastic. Game play isn't as short as many people claim, you can get a good few hours out of it and that and more out of co-op. Also, there's the option to play again and try and find alternate ways to solve the levels. For the fanboys complaining about price, look at the price of all video games these days. Your $50 isn't going to pay for all the **** the developers had to do and the man hours put in to creating this game, learn to economy. As much as you claim you're never going to buy another Valve game, you are. The game is best enjoyed if you take your time to appreciate it. You're ruining it for yourself if you try and race through. Love the dialogue and the character development. The expansion of things you can do with the portals is great and promises for more hours of game time. I strongly recommend this game and encourage you to ignore the butthurt players nitpicking over the littlest things

Also: Sidenote, claiming the game is great and awesome, you just don't want to pay that much for it so you're going to buy it used and deny Valve from gaining anything ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOU. If everyone decided to do that, you would be forced to return to crap games because they wouldn't have the money to make nice pretty new ones. You had months to save up those pennies to buy a copy.
  94. Apr 21, 2011
    The whole experience of Portal 2 was unbelievable, and was gripping from the very start. There was also a huge difference in scale when put aside Portal: The rooms and areas are gigantic, there's a much more engaging story and generally, the game is much larger. Apart from this, the graphics are beautiful; unlike the white, sterile feel of the first, this features lush vegetation growingThe whole experience of Portal 2 was unbelievable, and was gripping from the very start. There was also a huge difference in scale when put aside Portal: The rooms and areas are gigantic, there's a much more engaging story and generally, the game is much larger. Apart from this, the graphics are beautiful; unlike the white, sterile feel of the first, this features lush vegetation growing in the labs, other natural elements, and creates a very interesting environment. Even better, it has mod support, so I'm keen to see what is created from it. Of course, the game is short, and there isn't much to go back for. However, it is unbelievably difficult to write something that keeps the audience as engaged and mind-blown as I was throughout the whole thing, especially given that there's only one path to take, and it has to feel natural for the gamer. I also think the length of the game is small for a reason, I'll put it this way: No one wants to watch a 20 hour long film... Also, I wouldn't listen to most of these negative comments, especially the ones which complain about the unlockable items from the store. These really shouldn't bother you, it's your choice whether to purchase them or not, since they have no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. Expand
  95. Apr 21, 2011
    There are idiots out that that rate the game low scores. Why? Because of some OPTIONAL DLC? And the potato sack thing? OPTIONAL! O-P-T-I-O-N-A-L-! Besides, does the OPTIONAL DLC ruin the game if you don't buy it? Does it make the game crash if you don't buy it? The campaign is short? 6 to 8 hours, plus 2 -4 hours co-op is too short? Accept it. This game is very good, and is playable. TheThere are idiots out that that rate the game low scores. Why? Because of some OPTIONAL DLC? And the potato sack thing? OPTIONAL! O-P-T-I-O-N-A-L-! Besides, does the OPTIONAL DLC ruin the game if you don't buy it? Does it make the game crash if you don't buy it? The campaign is short? 6 to 8 hours, plus 2 -4 hours co-op is too short? Accept it. This game is very good, and is playable. The controls work fine, the graphics are good, the humor is nice, what more could you want? I made this account to vent my frustration at the idiots out there. Expand
  96. Apr 21, 2011
    Another absolute triumph in almost every aspect by Valve, with a truly engrossing story and atmosphere that carves an extraordinary cinematic experience for the player, still fitting neatly into the cosmology of Half Life. The game introduces a multitude of new game play elements and mechanics to harness alongside most concepts of the first game. players will see the return of theAnother absolute triumph in almost every aspect by Valve, with a truly engrossing story and atmosphere that carves an extraordinary cinematic experience for the player, still fitting neatly into the cosmology of Half Life. The game introduces a multitude of new game play elements and mechanics to harness alongside most concepts of the first game. players will see the return of the benevolent and comical GLaDOS amongst an array of new and wonderfully voiced characters. Content is also provided in a healthy sum as once the single player campaign is completed, players can move on to the equally as lengthy and outstanding cooperative campaign. Portal 2 Vehemently pulls itself ahead of the crowd and will please newcomers to the franchise along with fans of the Brilliant and innovative first game a like, it is an exceptional game to say the least and will provide endless hours of fun. Expand
  97. Apr 21, 2011
    It's really rare that a video game actually ever made me laugh. The humor you usually find in video games is either really lame or horrible slap-stick stuff. Portal 2 however has a very own style of comedy that works just perfectly with the game. The voice acting by Stephen Merchant and all the hidden little gems that you can find throughout the game are just flat out brilliant.
    The art
    The art style is just as unique and beautiful. You can definitely see that the HL-2 engine is starting to get really old though. The constant loading screens and really low-poly level design break the immersion a little but don't take away from your enjoyment at all.
    I had a blast playing through this both solo and coop. And can recommend it to everyone.
  98. Apr 21, 2011
    I absolutely love this game. Portal was a great little game that was polished to a shine making it the dark horse of the orange box, so of course expectations were high for this one. Personally I think they were met with flying colors. The game play is fun and, at least for me, sufficiently difficult. The story was exciting and the voice acting was absolutely stellar. But let me addressI absolutely love this game. Portal was a great little game that was polished to a shine making it the dark horse of the orange box, so of course expectations were high for this one. Personally I think they were met with flying colors. The game play is fun and, at least for me, sufficiently difficult. The story was exciting and the voice acting was absolutely stellar. But let me address some of the complaints that have been dished out:
    1) Short Game play: Nay-sayers had the same issue with Portal on this one. They are relatively short games, at least if you are speed running them. However they are the perfect length for what they are. They don't overstay their welcome and have a ton of filler to pad it up to a 20 hour game, unlike many that are out on the market. Personally I would prefer a 5 hour game (albeit the first go at single player took me 10 hours) that is high in quality than 50 hours of game play that is generally filler and overall unmemorable.
    2) ARG complaints: Really guys, really? I thought that this was brilliant marketing on valves part, sure it would have been nice to release Portal 2 more than a few hours earlier, but now I have a bunch of cool games that I would probably have passed by before, and they were a steal. Plus, it's not as if Valve forced you to spend your hard earned money on the potato sack. If you did then it is on you. But no matter what the quarrels may be they shouldn't be the sole reason for marking down Portal 2, it s a great game and if your one issue is the ARG, and you gave the game a bad review, grow up.
    3) Low end graphics: Why do we need better graphics in this game? I can't think of a single instance where I thought, "You know what, if the texture on that wall was slightly more realistic, this game would be amazing". I thought it was beautifully designed game and there is no need for a graphical upgrade for the sole purpose of slowing down my computer even more.
    4) Paying for cosmetic DLC: I am sorry, did someone tie you down and force you to buy a little top hat for one of the co-op robots? If the answer is no, then you have no right to complain. It is not important to game play, Valve has done this with TF2 and no one is forcing this stuff on you, you only have to buy it if you want. For TLDR's: Portal 2 is a great game, if you want a polished, fun and memorable experience, you will love this game. Ignore the nay-sayers, and enjoy yourself!
  99. Apr 21, 2011
    Stunningly brilliant game, absolutely obliterates the original. Not sure why people say it's short.. the length is perfect and it took a good 7 hours or so to beat. Those that are speed running the game must be bots because I don't know how you can enjoy this game and finish it that quickly.. so I call BS.

The co-op is just as much fun. I finished it with my buddy last night and we're

The co-op is just as much fun. I finished it with my buddy last night and we're both at around 14 hours played now. Game of the year no doubt!

1. Pelit (Finland)