Portal 2 PC

9.0

1. Apr 23, 2011
    This game had a great story I just don't like some of the mechanic changes such as,
    -No more crouch jumping.
    -No more portal tunneling.
    -The portal gun cursor no longer shows you what places or portable or not.
  2. Apr 24, 2011
    This game was completely breathtaking.. utterly outstanding.. phenomenal.. I can't express how much I loved it.. the BEST game I have ever played, and I've played a hell of a lot. Yes, ok, it wasn't the longest game ever.. but if you think about all the extra little bits they've put into it and all the back-story, it is incredible.. I cannot wait for more portal.. whether that be portal 3This game was completely breathtaking.. utterly outstanding.. phenomenal.. I can't express how much I loved it.. the BEST game I have ever played, and I've played a hell of a lot. Yes, ok, it wasn't the longest game ever.. but if you think about all the extra little bits they've put into it and all the back-story, it is incredible.. I cannot wait for more portal.. whether that be portal 3 (hopefully asap) or DLC I will be buying it.. And I would definitely recommend it to anyone.. even people who don't normally play games, it has something extra, something special.. 10/10 Expand
  3. Apr 24, 2011
    I really enjoyed Portal 2, it was by far the most awesome game I played in a while now. The game has a good storyline, cool characters and really good jokes and puzzles. The coop has a separate story which is as good as the singleplayer one. The editor will be released later, and I think, with community-made maps, Portal 2 will be one of the best games this year.
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games out there. the game is a masterpiece the story keeps you interested the whole game and the game was about 8 hours long and after beating it i wanted to play right through it again.

The co-op shows every other game company how co-op should be done one of the most fun on line games i have ever played
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    One of the best games ever. Amazing story, interesting puzzles, likeable characters, it's witty and funny withouth being retarded, psycological and original. It's just really fun! The first one was awesome, this one is epic. It explains what was missing in Portal one's plot withouth giving away everything. Even knowing the risks of being bad, I kinda want to see a third one.
  6. Apr 24, 2011
    An absolutely phenomenal gaming experience on so many levels. Valve just keep getting better and better... and even better. There is no end to their creative genius.
  7. Apr 24, 2011
    I've played this through. Indeed it was rather short though this is what one should expect from a game like portal. There could have been endless test chambers with puzzle after puzzle but unless the gameplay is completely changed, there is no way to really keep the game interesting that way. This game is driven by a story that makes the puzzling less monotonous. I couldn't see myselfI've played this through. Indeed it was rather short though this is what one should expect from a game like portal. There could have been endless test chambers with puzzle after puzzle but unless the gameplay is completely changed, there is no way to really keep the game interesting that way. This game is driven by a story that makes the puzzling less monotonous. I couldn't see myself playing a 20 hour long Portal campaign, there just simply isn't enough to the game. If you are looking for an extended challenge, they're called mods. Welcome to PC gaming.
    It also makes sense for the PC version to have the same loading levels as the console games. With the goals of cross platform compatibility, it would have taken Valve a long time to make two different versions that were compatible. The question of DLC. I didn't know there was any until I read reviews. Apparently it's enough to offend several users enough to rate this game 0/10. If I at any time felt like I was being sold to in game then maybe I'd support these reactions, but what I saw was a game that was on sale at pre-order that I had more fun with than any of the Gears of War games since the first, or any Call of Duty games for that matter.
    I loved this game. It was well worth the $35 I paid for it brand new and would have been worth $60 if I was dumb enough to not look for a deal.
  8. Apr 24, 2011
    An amazing game, It was fun and quirky and the puzzles where great. Some of the best voice acting and dialogue from a video game in a long time. The length is about 6-9 hours single player with a 6 hour or so co-op mode. The story will have you smiling the whole time.
  9. Apr 24, 2011
    An incredibly good game. I would be very surprised if I get to play something better this year. Fully recommended for everybody with a heart (at all) and a mind for videogames.

Whining about COMPLETELY OPTIONAL DLCs which have NO EFFECT on the game whatsoever is ridiculous, and giving the game bad reviews because of it is childish and plain malicious.
  10. Apr 25, 2011
    This game was great. Some could argue that the 10-12 hours of game-play was insufficient, but the game made up for the short length with pure awesome. There's no hair-pulling difficulty, but neither is it too easy. Altogether a superbly balanced game that fulfilled my extremely high expectations. I look forward to the user maps to come.
  11. DSI
    Apr 25, 2011
    This is the best puzzle game I have ever played hands down. The co-op takes things to a whole new level. The humor is dead on, once again. Fantastic.
  12. May 22, 2011
    Valve delivers again with a game that is both witty in its mechanics as it is in its story and dialogue. Portal 1 was a flawless albeit short experience that shows that new ideas can be merged with old preconceptions. Always innovating, Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle challenge that will keep you amused for about 8 hours. It also has a nice co-op campaign that furthers the gameplay a lotValve delivers again with a game that is both witty in its mechanics as it is in its story and dialogue. Portal 1 was a flawless albeit short experience that shows that new ideas can be merged with old preconceptions. Always innovating, Portal 2 is an excellent puzzle challenge that will keep you amused for about 8 hours. It also has a nice co-op campaign that furthers the gameplay a lot more.
    It holds your hand a little bit, and some puzzles require more trial and error than thought & skill, but overall it is a very solid game.
  13. May 19, 2011
    10/10 - I struggle to give 10/10 for a game, and don't misunderstand - this game isn't absolutely perfect - but it is as close to perfection as a game is likely to get and 9/10 just doesn't seem good enough. The story and script is top notch, the graphics and controls are all but flawless and the sense of achievement is thoroughly satisfying.
    If I had to criticize - it would be out of a
    If I had to criticize - it would be out of a desire for more! The game isn't all that replayable until some time has passed for you to forget some of the puzzles. It would be nice to have a set of "challenge" levels to really stretch the old noggin.
    All-in-all, best game I have played in the last couple of years by quite a way.
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    I just bought this game a few days ago. I haven't beaten it yet (I know its short), but so far it has won me over. This game, like the first, has such a charm to it that your left flabbergasted at how well put together it is. From the graphics to the voice acting, to the story line and the way its put together to the puzzles. I know I will end up spending hours upon end on this game,I just bought this game a few days ago. I haven't beaten it yet (I know its short), but so far it has won me over. This game, like the first, has such a charm to it that your left flabbergasted at how well put together it is. From the graphics to the voice acting, to the story line and the way its put together to the puzzles. I know I will end up spending hours upon end on this game, probably not only with the main storyline, but also with custom content and MP. Thank you valve, you actually managed to create a game with a proper sense of humor (the reds apparently didn't "get it"). I don't mind that it's short, aslong as those hours spent completing the game are spent with a big-ass smile on my face I am good. With this game I am smiling after I shut it down for the night. Expand
  15. May 25, 2011
    I love this game! With its amazing singleplayer, funny co-op, amazing gameplay and awesome story, it is one of the best games ever! The biggest problem with it is that the co-op isn't that replayible, but that is ok as long as it is awesome
  16. May 28, 2011
    Great, great, great game!! I, like many others, loved the first one and I am glad that the 2nd one comes back with just as much passion. In my mind it is just as good as the first one, but by that virtue it means that the novelty is not quite as high. That is a non-issue though. Everything that was awesome about the first one is awesome again in this one. I also still have the endGreat, great, great game!! I, like many others, loved the first one and I am glad that the 2nd one comes back with just as much passion. In my mind it is just as good as the first one, but by that virtue it means that the novelty is not quite as high. That is a non-issue though. Everything that was awesome about the first one is awesome again in this one. I also still have the end credit song in my head. Expand
  17. Jun 20, 2011
    One of the best games made on a source engine. Better than first part, but have in mind that first Portal wasn't and standalone title, just small ad-don to Orange Box. This one could be more challengeable, but I know kids on consoles have problem with playing games that makes a challenge. ~8h of playing worth cash I spent on it.
  18. Aug 13, 2011
    This is an absolutely brilliant game. Everybody should own it, especially since the price dropped to only $30 on steam. The graphics are amazing, and the story was very entertaining.
  19. Sep 13, 2011
    Absolutely stunning. This is an epic scale game with new ways to interact with the environment, new puzzle types, new personalities, and a huge helping of witty quips. It's funny as hell, and the mechanics are incredibly rewarding. The only issue is that the puzzles are a little bit too easy and the campaign is therefore quite short (maybe 3-5 hrs). But throw in multiplayer and it'sAbsolutely stunning. This is an epic scale game with new ways to interact with the environment, new puzzle types, new personalities, and a huge helping of witty quips. It's funny as hell, and the mechanics are incredibly rewarding. The only issue is that the puzzles are a little bit too easy and the campaign is therefore quite short (maybe 3-5 hrs). But throw in multiplayer and it's definitely worth $20. Expand
  20. Aug 24, 2011
    Perfectly braingcrash game from very cool developers
  21. Sep 13, 2011
    There are two types of people I will write to in this review... those who are new to portal, and those who played the first and are wondering about the sequel. If you are new to Portal, go get Portal 2. Never fear, it will teach you the basic mechanics in the beginning. The single player campaign is masterfully entertaining. It's main downfall is the shorter than average single playerThere are two types of people I will write to in this review... those who are new to portal, and those who played the first and are wondering about the sequel. If you are new to Portal, go get Portal 2. Never fear, it will teach you the basic mechanics in the beginning. The single player campaign is masterfully entertaining. It's main downfall is the shorter than average single player campaign (which might actually be very long if you have trouble solving the puzzles). If you played Portal 1, my advice comes with some warnings. This game is not at all like Portal 1. Sure the puzzles can be similar, but once gels, lasers, and light bridges are added into the mix they become very different. Portal 2 is big, with an epic scale. Where Portal 1 was a contained, intimate experience. If you are like me, you played Portal 1 to death and became very good at "thinking with portals" If so, you may find all the puzzles in Portal 2 too easy with straight-forward solutions. This also led to the campaign feeling short, because I was breezing through the challenges. However, Valve has promised a more difficult map-pack, and I have played some brilliant community-made maps. So if you are a Portal 1 fan, be warned: this is a very good game, but it is not the same at all. Expand
  22. Sep 13, 2011
    Even though I absolutely loved the first Portal,Portal 2 is just plain overrated.It just "surprises" you over and over again.(Just like GlaDoS and her "surprises") Which,apparently,gets boring after a while.

Graphics are quite smooth as you'd expect from a Source engine game,music is great,storyline is good but not as good as the first one.It certainly doesn't deserve a 95 out of 100,maybe 85-90 at max.

I enjoyed it,and the co-op mode is short but fun to play.Has low re-playablity value though.
  23. Apr 19, 2011
    yea yea. We expected more from the game. But its still amazing. C'mon, is almost impossible to make something better than portal 1 and they made it! BUT LOTS OF PEOPLE dont want just a better game, they want a perfect game.
    Hatters ganna hate.
  24. Apr 19, 2011
    If you disregard all of the user reviews that have egregiously bad spelling and grammar (not knowing the diference between there/they're/their, spelling 'paid' as 'pay'd', for example) then only positive reviews are left for this game. Which is as it should be, this game is deserving of all the superlatives being tossed at it. So do yourself a favor and ignore all the idiocy going on inIf you disregard all of the user reviews that have egregiously bad spelling and grammar (not knowing the diference between there/they're/their, spelling 'paid' as 'pay'd', for example) then only positive reviews are left for this game. Which is as it should be, this game is deserving of all the superlatives being tossed at it. So do yourself a favor and ignore all the idiocy going on in this user review section, and get this game now. Expand
  25. Apr 20, 2011
    Valve has done it again. Portal 2 exceeds on every single level that the first did. The puzzles are more intricate. The story is more enticing. All of the gels add a lot more to the gameplay as well. The voice acting is great (J.K. Simmons is amazing as Cave Johnson). Portal 2 is what every gamer expects from a sequel. The same gameplay mechanics, with a new and better story. A trueValve has done it again. Portal 2 exceeds on every single level that the first did. The puzzles are more intricate. The story is more enticing. All of the gels add a lot more to the gameplay as well. The voice acting is great (J.K. Simmons is amazing as Cave Johnson). Portal 2 is what every gamer expects from a sequel. The same gameplay mechanics, with a new and better story. A true masterpiece. Now, let's get working on Half-Life 2: Ep. 3 / Half-Life 3. Expand
  26. Apr 22, 2011
    Brilliant. An example of gaming done right, without resorting to violence yet still exciting. Imaginative and intelligent plot, music and gameplay with equal parts drama, introspection, loneliness and action. And comedy, of course!
  27. Jun 3, 2011
    The sheer quality of Portal 2's content is incredible. The characters are so well written and acted, the plot for a game which has little more to its core than shooting portals is truly epic in every sense of the word, the source engine still looks incredible and in my opinion better than most newer engines currently being used. As you progress you're just drawn further and further intoThe sheer quality of Portal 2's content is incredible. The characters are so well written and acted, the plot for a game which has little more to its core than shooting portals is truly epic in every sense of the word, the source engine still looks incredible and in my opinion better than most newer engines currently being used. As you progress you're just drawn further and further into the plot, and the two main characters (other than yourself) really make the story, and thus the game, providing all kinds of banter, twists, reveals, and so on. The levels are always satisfying. I was never left perplexed for more than 5 or 10 minutes at what I needed to do, but then getting it done in the correct order would be another task in itself, and most of the rooms/puzzles are truly satisfying to take on. The game length is fairly short, but any longer would have left the concept to become stale - so as a one time play-through, it's about the right length. However there-in lies its downfall - it is just a one time play-through (same with co-op)and the reason why i can't give it a higher score despite very much wanting to, and everything else about the game being deserving of it. I would also liked to have seen some more complex and twitch-based or portal-loop based chambers including some of the features removed from the game during playtests, as these looked in videos, to be some of the most exciting and fast-paced - I suppose this is the other reason why I can't give it a 9. At times the lighting really wowed me, and to think this is a rather dated engine, what it can produce with a few updates is pretty amazing. To top it off, you also have a fair bit of co-op that provides a lot of fun, and no doubt many mods and content to come from valve and the community. Hopfully valve and the community will be releasing new test chambers soon.â Expand
  28. Apr 25, 2011
    Portal 2 is an example of game done right. It's great, fun, funny in a dark kind of way, it excels in writing, characters and above all awesome game and level design. A must have for everyone who likes fun. I just wish it was longer, because I can't get enough of it.
  29. Apr 24, 2011
    If this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I thinkIf this game was just an expansion of the first portal, then I would have been dissapointed. However, Portal 2 offers additions: reflection cubes, various coloured paint, wall/bridges & pull/push beams to keep the gameplay varied and ultimately this game has very impressive level design. I didn't find the game that amusing, but there are more lines from NPC's to make you smile. I think this game is far superior to the original and I highly recommend it. Expand
  30. Apr 20, 2011
    Undoubtedly the best game of the past 5 years. First I will address the trolls: I don't know why everyone throws this $60 number around, because on Steam, it's $49.99, and it's well worth the price. Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops sold for more and have DLCs that were actually necessary to the game, and I would still say "Portal 2 is better" with a straight face. Speaking of DLCs, I wouldUndoubtedly the best game of the past 5 years. First I will address the trolls: I don't know why everyone throws this $60 number around, because on Steam, it's $49.99, and it's well worth the price. Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops sold for more and have DLCs that were actually necessary to the game, and I would still say "Portal 2 is better" with a straight face. Speaking of DLCs, I would appreciate it if people didn't just say "I heard Portal 2 has DLCs, that's crap!" and actually figured out that it's similar to TF2's Mann Co. Store - just hats and weapon changes (hardly upgrades). However, Portal doesn't sell any weaponry, just simple cosmetic effects (i.e. hats) that have absolutely no effect on gameplay and are 100% unnecessary. The $80 number you hear? That's just the combined value of EVERYTHING in the store, which nobody in the world would ever buy. It should not be included in the game. If people want to put a hat on a robot unnecessarily, I believe Valve can make them pay for the privilege so we don't have everyone dressed up like pimps while solving puzzles. It is not "robbery". It is not forced. It is for people who have money to blow. If you don't want to spend extra money, pay $49.99 and enjoy the game. As for the completion time, anyone that says they're completing it in under 6 hours (ESPECIALLY on their first try) is pulling your leg, possibly because they think the Steam game timer is accurate (hint: it's not). It took me approximately 9 not including my foray into the co-op, and I didn't get stuck very often. The singleplayer is memorable, entertaining, and the ending will draw tears. I can't say that for Black Ops. The whole potato ordeal - if you had played the game, you would have noticed several references to potatoes (including one that's right in front of you for the entire second half of the game!) but the entire point of the Potato Sack sale was to market indie games, NOT to cheat people out of money for worthless potatoes. If you bought the Potato Sack to earn potatoes, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. Those who bought it to play the indie games, congratulations, you now have $120 worth of games for only $30! Cool, huh? And hey, if you managed to earn all possible potatoes, Valve did a one-up - you got the ENTIRE Valve Collection PLUS gift codes for all of your games in your ENTIRE library to give to friends PLUS a free extra copy of Portal 2! Hence, I'm not so sure why the Potato Sack sale was a bad thing. Now, onto the review: Portal 1 was an entirely new genre, which makes it fun and refreshing, but lacking on a lot of puzzle elements. Only so much one can do with two portals and some cubes. Portal 2 takes the storyline, puzzle elements, and preconceptions based off of Portal 1 and turns it on its head. Anyone that played the original MUST play this - you will be confused, lost, and bombarded with emotions, and I will say that what you came away with from Portal 1 is all wrong. The graphics are amazing, especially for a Source game. The tweaks to the facility make the storyline really start to shine, and the underground chapters blew my mind. Those saying Portal 2 didn't expand on Aperture's history obviously have not played the game, as it showed 3 decades of it quite vividly! I loved Portal, but it pales in comparison to this game. If you have any love for the Portal series, you're a puzzle gamer by any means, or you'd just like to experience GLaDOS's impeccable sense of sarcastic humor (not to mention Wheatley, Cave, the announcer, and the defective turrets!) then you must purchase this game. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)