Prime World: Defenders PC

7.7

1. Jun 22, 2013
    The idea of joining card game and tower defense was a nice one. It opens up for a lot of customization and the way you do it in the game is pretty neat and interesting.
    Having a full deck allows you to think each level and how you can beat it.
    The graphics are pretty nice too, but the towers look ugly and the enemies are the same over and over again. The real problem with the game is
    Having a full deck allows you to think each level and how you can beat it.
    The real problem with the game is that it gets boring real fast. First you are presented with a story of two warring factions that do not appear in the game at all. Then you go to the tutorial, which shows you every detail about the nuances of the game but it does so in so many levels that it gets frustrating and, sometimes, counterproductive.
    After that you're off to go play the real game and, guess what, nothing changes. You're off to level after level of the same enemies, not so different map layout and same towers (they don't chance when you level them up to look different or mode bad ass). And since you're going to have to play a lot in the same levels for money and new cards, well, you can imagine that the game gets dull fast.
    Not to mention that the game is pretty unbalanced, you're getting your ass wiped easily, then you get a new card to upgrade an already existing one and suddenly it's a piece of cake. The damage sometimes more than double for one level up of a tower. All I had to do for most of the levels was to level up the most basic tower to max level and place it on the levels. I got perfect on all of them. Didn't even need another tower.
    Oh, and don't think it's easy to get new towers to upgrade, you'll be playing level after level after level and, at the end of each one you're going to have to get lucky and pick, between five cards, something useful. You can spend in-game currency to try and pick 3 out of the 5 instead of 1 (which is free after the level is beaten), but it doesn't pay off since they charge a lot for that second and third try.
    Despite all that, the game will grow on you if you're a fan of tower defense and can overlook it's many flaws, spending some nice hours beating all the levels and trying to get perfect score on them.
    For me, it was a pass.
  2. May 27, 2013
    Overall a good game for the price, though the negative features do begin to drag as the game progresses. The graphics are great, and the collectible card system (a first in the tower defence genre as far as I know) provides a novel way for the expansion of the range of towers available, and gives one a choice of which towers to focus on for upgrades.

On the downside the biggest factor

On the downside the biggest factor is the growing tedium of the grinding required between main missions in order to gain the gold and cards needed to pay for those upgrades. Not only does one need to play through a lot of side games, but these use the same maps as the main missions completed to that point, so sameness sets in quickly; they also aren't very challenging even on the Hard level.
  3. Jul 3, 2013
    Great Game Hooked me more than some full price games. I really like highscoring against other players. Tower need some tuning but its agreat game and alot of fun.

1. Jun 28, 2013
    Prime World Defenders is a lot of fun and one of the best tower defense games on the market. Its problems lie more in the lack of refinements on some great ideas.
  2. Jun 26, 2013
    I wanted to like Prime World: Defenders as it really had me going for the first few levels. I had a couple of close calls where my HP almost went down but I managed to keep it perfect with well placed towers. This exciting back and forth between me and the enemies rarely showed its head again during the rest of my playthrough.
  3. Jun 20, 2013
    If you are looking for a refreshing tower defence title, then there is something in Prime World: Defenders you will enjoy. People who are more fussy with their choice of tower defence games might find this to be an ambitious title with problems.