8.9

1. Sep 6, 2014
    The graphics are terrible, arty but ridiculously low resolution. The mechanics are clunky, with slow menus and too much time watching pixellated figures crossing the screen painfully slowly. Some of the puzzles are good, some are annoying. It isn't consistent, e.g. most exits are identified my mousing over, but some only if you move the character to the edge of the screen. E.g. there is aThe graphics are terrible, arty but ridiculously low resolution. The mechanics are clunky, with slow menus and too much time watching pixellated figures crossing the screen painfully slowly. Some of the puzzles are good, some are annoying. It isn't consistent, e.g. most exits are identified my mousing over, but some only if you move the character to the edge of the screen. E.g. there is a system of storing info useful for solving puzzles but some of the info stored is irrelevant and some vital info is not stored. E.g. to combine items in inventory you pick up A and mouse it over B - message telling you that's a dumb idea, but it turns out you need to pick up B and mouse it over A. The story is good, though some of the elements don't fit together. Expand

1. Aug 22, 2014
    While the story and puzzles falter a bit, there is still something utterly captivating about Primordia. The robots, broken both on the outside and on the inside, claimed for themselves a small part of my heart. And with your heart, not your mind, Primordia should really be approached.
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    There is plenty to forgive Primordia for, but if you can get past the issues and lose yourself in the game there’s a rich and emotional story waiting for you. I’m a bit of a robot nut myself and despite all of my nitpicks about the game I found myself deeply affected by the ending.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    A throwback to the genre's glory days, obtuse puzzle concoctions, awkward controls and all. [March 2013, p.78]