6.3

1. Oct 21, 2011
    The best football game on earth, amazing graphics and detail and gameplay that makes us hard to stop playing. either in singleplayer or multiplayer mode.
  2. Oct 26, 2011
    A wonderful game.Nice graphics and gameplay.This game is much better than FIFA 12.Refereeing has also been improved. Also,teammate control system has been introduced which allows to control a secondary player,either during play, or at a set piece or throw-in Couldn't wish for more from Konami.
  3. Oct 2, 2011
    Really not up to the mark.. i was expecting a better game from Konami.. The players look too robotic, which spoils your mood.. Yes the graphics are good on close up, but in gameplay they suck.
    Lighting effects from konami are mind blowing, EA (FIFA12) should learn from konami ..
    But other than that, it lets you down. :(
  4. Oct 3, 2011
    Before I justify my score, I want to point a couple of things. First, I'm a huge PES fan, that played the franchise since the beggining, except for the web based stuff. Second, I want to point that something has changed in the game, maybe since 2010 edition, but especially with 2011 edition, and I think that change ocurred when Konami lost a portion of the market to EA, so they decided toBefore I justify my score, I want to point a couple of things. First, I'm a huge PES fan, that played the franchise since the beggining, except for the web based stuff. Second, I want to point that something has changed in the game, maybe since 2010 edition, but especially with 2011 edition, and I think that change ocurred when Konami lost a portion of the market to EA, so they decided to "fifalize" PES a bit, by throwing spammable feints in, super atlethes and lots of other stuff that catch the attention of the majority of the regular players, to try to regain that portion of the market. This ruined the gameplay, as PES was regarded as being a simulator and not an arcade; frustarted the fans of the series, because playing PES 2011 was liking playing a worse version of FIFA; and, finally, it made me feel like Konami was lost, because PES 2011 didn't had anything of the previous versions, it was a complete new game, and much worse one. So, in the name of PES I decided to face PES 2011 as a scratch to PES 2012, nad just ignore how bad it is. But now, when I played PES 2012, I saw only minor improvements when compared to the previous version, but also new and renewed bugs. It is like this game was rushed, because I never saw that many bugs in a soccer game before - not even in the much worse 2011 version. Anyway, here is a short list of cons of the new version: catch up system still works inside the area, regardless of what Konami devs says; passing is almost random (ie: being excruciating in the defense, perfectly acurate when playing defense to attack and being DUMB when in attack); players often trot all over the field with the ball in their feets, and markers just trot around; defense is very poor, even with tackling "working" in this version; to mark "properly", you have to play with the mark button on, like in the 2011 version; transitions between attacking and defending are very bad (ie: you're attacking, and then cpu steals the balls and kick it to one of their attacker: as soon as you loose the ball, your cursor will change to your defender, and you'll probably holding it forward, since you was attacking, in a way that in many times your defender will just left the cpu attacker alone); goalkeeper still take forever to get on his feet and kick the ball away, and this kick now is much moree random then before; player support was marginally reintroduced - because it was there from the beggining, then subtracted from version 2011 -, but its not like you see in the game ads. Well, there is some improvements to the game that doesnt fits in the gameplay aspect, like the introduction of a in game player search mechanism, but ill not evaluate it here, since here the gameplay is important. Well, after playing a few matches, I think I'll quit playing PES till the next version, when maybe Konami will have this new concept more mature. I'll give it a 5, since the game is a improvement from the last one, that I would have rated zero if I had the opportunity. Thanks for your attention. Have fun! Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2011
    From a ISS player: This game has evolved correctly. The ability to use two players on the field to generate gaps in defence, the amazing AI that covers intelligently all zones in the pitch and the much higher skill to be a good player of the game make this game unaccesible to all those FIFA button spammers. This is Football at it's best, both tactically (set a formation for every strategyFrom a ISS player: This game has evolved correctly. The ability to use two players on the field to generate gaps in defence, the amazing AI that covers intelligently all zones in the pitch and the much higher skill to be a good player of the game make this game unaccesible to all those FIFA button spammers. This is Football at it's best, both tactically (set a formation for every strategy and set the off the ball, on the ball tactics for each strategy) and in movement (best ball phyisics ever with great collision engine and much better animations). We have the classic PES movement restrictions to balance the game but also all new controls and responsiveness to make all the epic multiplayer games all that more spectacular. Play 10 hours and you will understand the game. Play the demo once giving it a low score and you clearly do not know how to rate a game.

I'm sorry but this year's PES is way over the quality. FIFA 2011 was better than PES2011, but FIFA 2012 is worse than PES2011 thanks to the new engine and the lack of feel in the game.
  6. Oct 11, 2011
    these people should not make any more football games ever all the bugs from the previous versions are here bad frame rate glitchy cannot name all the bugs major disappointment loved pes since ps1 n64 days but in the last 3-4 years it has been **** all the things they should have fixed they just made them worse it feels like im fighting with the controls all the time its like you are notthese people should not make any more football games ever all the bugs from the previous versions are here bad frame rate glitchy cannot name all the bugs major disappointment loved pes since ps1 n64 days but in the last 3-4 years it has been **** all the things they should have fixed they just made them worse it feels like im fighting with the controls all the time its like you are not playing at all Expand
  7. Oct 3, 2011
    Well so this is the deal,

A few years ago PES was THE highlight of the football (soccer for Americans) games. It actually made people abandon the old familiar FIFA and explore the new lands of KONAMI and more specifically PES. So as the years went on it got even BETTER, off ball movement, open space passes and realistic events that were caused due to the basic feature of freedom. If
    Well so this is the deal,

So as the years went on it got even BETTER, off ball movement, open space passes and realistic events that were caused due to the basic feature of freedom. If anyone wonders I've been playing PES since the first year it came out and have explored throughout every edition all the features, save for online play.

PES 2012 marks the newest link in an escalating line of PES editions over the last couple of years. And to make a quick list of things that have gone worse (or stayed the same) here they are:

1. Graphics - Stayed almost identical in the last couple of years, and PES 2012 brings no innovation.
    2. AI - While taking some time to adjust the new player side AI seems to have gotten dumber, offside traps aren't issued, player movement just doesn't make sense.
    3. GUI - Stayed the same, At the start it takes about 15 'Enter' presses just to start an Exhibition game.
    4. Team copyright - I know KONAMI have tried hard at that, and probably within a short amount of time some pirate packages will be released, still annoying that you play with big teams without the players' names and proper team name.

In summary, what once was a love romance between football fans and an exciting game, is now a boring marriage, and I think I want a divorce.

Cheers,
  8. Nov 23, 2011
    I can only say that PES is starting to get worse each year, and FIFA is getting better each year, until PES 2010 it was the best soccer game, but FIFA 11 ate PES 2011 for breakfast. It was really disappointing to see how the game "improved" as they described in their trailers but I didn't see much like it.

I hope next year they'll take themself and make a game that worth even playing.
  9. Oct 9, 2011
    Well, i'm a former fan of the serie since the first one. The hell i'm a fan since iss on the supernes. Let me tell one thing: There's something i really hate these days about videogame developers: They totally try to resolve everything with autocalibration. So what i mean? it doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, the result is often in an ordinary proportion already decided. SoWell, i'm a former fan of the serie since the first one. The hell i'm a fan since iss on the supernes. Let me tell one thing: There's something i really hate these days about videogame developers: They totally try to resolve everything with autocalibration. So what i mean? it doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, the result is often in an ordinary proportion already decided. So during the match what you do is struggle around the field through adversary players and yours (since most of the time they simply put themselves in front of you, holding you a bunch of times), then at a certain point the ai decides it's time to score, so you freakingly loose the ball, the ai throws the ball ahead and scores. Then it's time for you to score, but just because the ai decides you can, so they become dumber until you score. most of the time they act stupid, but then, at a certain point, they score easily. That's it. Is this supposed to be a game? To me seams like someone instead of putting me in front of a challenge simply makes me win to make me happy, or worse makes me loose to make me angry.
    Believe me, this is a crappy game, where yuo don't EVER feel in control of anything, where you feel frustrated by the ai eather it's controlling one of your team players (putting in the way of your throws for example, making the ball bounce in the feet of the adversary), or one of the opposite team (dribling 34 of your team, then passing and scoring). This game it's not entertaining at all! Scoring it's a relieve, not a thrill.
    Believe me, these couple of things aren't the only problems of the gameplay, but they are so annoying that it would be useless to list the others, since these written are enough to make this game almost unplayable.

Coming to the side aspects of the game (menus, master league, etc): I didn't care at all about these thing back in the time. This game was absolutely not about these things, so in better time i would totally ignored these aspects. The hell, master league was totally unnecessary to me, but was a funny introduction. The only thing is that it's getting WORSE, not better. So how do the developers actually spend their time? But since they seam to put so much effort in these crappy axpects, and since the gameplay became so annoying, now i just want to underline how crappy these aspects of the game really are: As usual the game comes with not up to date teams, which is frankly a lot more annoying than copyright problem. Menus are absolutely nonsensical: one time they used to be very simple, everything was reachable whith little effort, then year after year they become frustrating. Let's make an example: I want to change a player with another, why aren't there the characteristics in front of me? I have to dig 'em up, by pressing a lot of keys, passing through a lot of under-under-under menus, and so on... wasting time... Does the game assume i already have studied the characteristics of evry player before starting the match? What if i want to play with a team i don't know? Again, this is getting worse! I plauded the introduction of fast changes for those who already knew which players where to exchange, but why ruin a so simple interface? Another example: i whant to change the player throwing the free kick, why aren't there the characteristics? They used to be there, why not anymore? I have to go to the same useless screen where searching the charachteristics is simply harsh and too complex.
    Then, let's talk about the master league: it histerical: i applauded the introduction of the chance to start with a real team and actual players, now this nice feature isn't there anymore. Why? And again, now everything has to pass through boring, repetitive annoying videos, telling you the same annoying and useless things over and over. Was this really necessary? Transfers are worse, too menus, of doubtful utility. And what's with the new features: "player whants to talk to you"? one player comes to me and says "please, i'm tired, let me rest!", i answer "ok, you'll rest on the next match"; ofcourse he acts nonsensical, still frustrated and annoyed despite i did what he wanted (and this, is the same whith evry other stupid problem of any other player... "i want the numbered 10 shirt!" "ok, i'll give it to you" "well... ok... i don't like this situation but i'll make me a reason".... the hell?); in the end i make rest the player, and after the match he comes to me and says "why didn't i play? what does the other player have that i don't?" WHAT THE HELL??? ARE YOU TEASING ME? so, my dear konami, why you introduce new useless, annoying features, while erasing the good ones, those which actually made the game easier?
    In the end, i give this game a 4. Screwing some features to make it look a different game it's just shameful. I used to be a fan of this game, now i'm done. This is not a 0, because something is still working, till you make it not next year i guess.
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    New Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 is on the best game in story of PES. Interesting gameplay, nice graphics, new mods. On my mind, on PC Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 is better than FIFA 12.
  11. Dec 9, 2011
    Good game. Not perfect, but good. Long pass doesn't do the magic by itself anymore. Strikers are overpowered in this edition. Worths the try. Very nice game play, in my opinion.
  12. Oct 31, 2011
    Incredible game ... not one of the best versions I've played but it's great, to change some aspect of vegetative motor such as the impact and how to defend and attack without the ball. But especially the online play feature, your master is simply spectacular cruising nothing to equal it.
  13. May 4, 2012
    Awesome Game.
    Way Better Than FIFA.
    Graphics, Gameplay and Game Modes are awesome.
    The Master League is better than ever and has a great online.
    It only needs more Licenses and it will be the perfect game for everyone.
    ENJOY !!!

New Konami football sim will please and annoy you in one minute. Lifelike football actions and visuals are spoiled by robotic AI, restricted moves and raw physics engine. [Nov 2011]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Pro Evolution Soccer is like Kaka – in mid-noughties it was cherished and loved, but today it's just a pale shadow of its old glorious self.
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    PES 2012 fails to shift the balance – even if it's the best Pro Evolution Soccer to date it's still far behind the FIFA series. What PES desperately needs is a deep change. [November 2011, p.62]