4.5

1. Oct 1, 2013
    i have never played a pes so bad like this one

i am choked and frustated to even talk abaout the dam game the ai is just bad, the player movement and wight is all wrong, the passing sistem is bad, players reaction is delayed alot, the framerate is crap, the goalkeeper is a mess im gona describe my last game, playing with fcp against psg the game was 0/0, at minute 58 lavezzi cross
    i have never played a pes so bad like this one

i am choked and frustated to even talk abaout the dam game

im gona describe my last game, playing with fcp against psg the game was 0/0, at minute 58 lavezzi cross the ball and my player alex sandro on the area dominates the ball with chest and puts the ball inside my won goal line

at minute 65 i cross the ball and jackson misses, thiago silva instead of cutting out the ball just stops in front of it, varela dash and goal, its like thiago silva had a strock and sttod there watching the ball

against man utd i am winning superstar 1/0, at minute 42 rooney shots from the middle of nowere the balls hits helton and he defends up, but inside the net!

and theres palyers movements and control i spend the entire game struggling against the controls because they are just bad

pes tries to be fifa and does a bad job, i dislike fifa but i dislike this pes and for me its just the worst pes ever!
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Worst PES I've played. As others have stated, the graphics and the new engine is somewhat interesting, but the rest of the game is just awful. Player movement/control is horrible, AI is dumb, game modes are the same as ever but with even less features, etc.. It's a shame really.
  3. Sep 26, 2013
    With a big changes this year, especially in gameplay and visual terms, expectations were big. PES 2014 should have been a fresh, new start for PES franchise. But unfortunately, it failed.

Let's start with positive things: -> Visuals (except there is no grass, again), presentation and atmosphere are way ahead of it's predecessor. Now, you really have the felling you are playing at a

Let's start with positive things:
    -> Visuals (except there is no grass, again), presentation and atmosphere are way ahead of it's predecessor. Now, you really have the felling you are playing at a real life stadium. A big improvement for the franchise, no doubt.
    -> Full scale control over passing and shooting. PES 2014 offers the most precise passing in terms of controller input, when the "advanced" mode of passing is turned ON. When it comes to "advanced" shooting, some time is needed to get used to it, even for PES veterans like me.
    -> Dribbling. I am sure that PES veterans are not that thrilled with it because it is heavily simplified. But I am pointing this out as the overall improvement for a larger community of players. Less skill is needed to perform dribble moves.
    -> More licensed teams from other continents besides Europe.

Now, the bad things and it is pretty bad:
    -> Performance because of the new FOX engine. There is no replay or any break in the game that will not cause a frame rate drop. It is maybe for a second, but it shows that the game was not optimised as it should have been. And because of the new engine, there is no rain or snow. I mean, really? And no grass again, as I pointed out already.
    -> AI (talking from the "superstar" difficulty perspective). Opponent players are pretty clever, maybe too much (magical defending), but the goalkeepers are not impressive at all. Another year and the same problem remained. Also, while playing BAL (Become a Legend), no matter what difficulty you choose, your teammates are braindead. It is a frustrating experience, more than enjoyable and I'm sure that is not the way.
    -> Passing. It is the most precise ever, but it demands hours and hours of practicing to be able to pass the ball correctly in the match. Most of the players will not have the patience for it, so they will switch to standard passing system which has another big problem. Pass target marking took one step backwards. In the match, you will pass several balls in the way you did not select at all. Tweeking pass support option does not help. "The game knows better" passes, I call it.
    -> Dribbling. As I have pointed out above, experienced PES players will not like it at all.
    -> So, with all this said, it is time to point out THE MOST ANNOYING thing in the game. LAG, LAG and LAG. When you press a button, you would expect that the game will perform selected action immediately. But that is not the case here. Game needs a whole second and the most saddest thing is the gameplay was made this way, it is not a performance issue. That leads to a slow and sluggish movement of players which eventually breaks the overall pace of the game.
    -> Stadiums. PES 2013 had 37 stadiums and this year we have only 18 if I'm correct. I know there has been some issues with licensing and EA, but common, they could at least add more generic stadiums.
    -> Soundtrack. Or the lack of it, better said.
    -> Stadium creator. Not existent in PES 2014.
    -> Fewer modes.
    -> No WE and PES United.

One step forward and two steps back. That sentence would, pretty much, describe what PES 2014 is all about. I will stick to PES 2013 for one more year and hope that 2015 will bring overall improvement to the game. Until then, a mediocre 5.
  4. Oct 21, 2013
    I haven't touched a soccer game since PES 2006, and seeing i bought a new gamepad for my pc, i wanted to try this one after the FIFA 14 demo, i am amazed how the menu's still look just as horrible as they did in 2006! The graphics are ok, they do, the animations are good, but the thing that bugs the hell out of me in the game is these terrible controls, it just doesn't work, you reallyI haven't touched a soccer game since PES 2006, and seeing i bought a new gamepad for my pc, i wanted to try this one after the FIFA 14 demo, i am amazed how the menu's still look just as horrible as they did in 2006! The graphics are ok, they do, the animations are good, but the thing that bugs the hell out of me in the game is these terrible controls, it just doesn't work, you really dont have the feeling you got control over you players, and they also added some pressure system, to put pressure on the player with the ball, this basically is just your players rushing towards the dude with the ball, most of the time this ends up you kicking the crap out of the guy and you got the ball, its that simple to get the ball. The difficulty is also very very strange, at one moment i'm absolutely destroying a A+ team with 8-1, and the next i can't even beat the lowest rated team there is... Looks like i will stick to Fifa this year to restock my interest for a soccer game. Expand
  5. Oct 1, 2013
    worse pes by far, doesnt even feel like pes at all

pros smoother graphic, betterpassing some tweak to game mechanics e.g freekick
    cons controls are terrrible, players feels so stiff and AI still bad like usual
  6. Sep 24, 2013
    Im very disappointed with this game, pes14 has not bad foundation for future, but now...this game all about BUGS, keepers, defence, players switiching...online
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    GOOD
    Again perfect visual display when u play a Champions League match looks like you are playing beside Ronaldo or Messi Liked the National Team Managing Setup......... MNL is not good and we can focus on building the best team.
    BAD Poor Controls AI Needs to be redesigned not copied from FIFA Lost the "camera angles" variations ,the true reason for PES was successful.......
    GOOD

BAD
    Poor Controls AI Needs to be redesigned not copied from FIFA Lost the "camera angles" variations ,the true reason for PES was successful....... player movements crappy....... Automation copied from FIFA but lacked the engine to deliver the total fun..... Some Loading issues on MNL.

SO
    play PES 13 PES 14 looks good but plays badly.

My first review :p
  8. Nov 2, 2013
    So unfinished, lacking so many features in comparison to it's major rival. Typical of pro in that it removes more features than it adds. Terrible licencing, awful likenesses. Slow, dated menu systems. Broken gameplay in that long range shots are near impossible to score, defending is silly, tackling is unrewarding and based on chance.

BUT...so much potential. Wish they'd spend two years on it.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    If you are a standing Pro Evo fan of a certain age, chances are that you stuck with the series despite all your friends going over to FIFA with all its bells and whistles, not to mention functioning online gameplay, because:

a) you have never really liked FIFA: b) You preferred the much more dynamic, fluid, and exciting gameplay in Pro Evo. Well, the bad news with PES 2014 is that

a) you have never really liked FIFA:

Well, the bad news with PES 2014 is that it seems that Konami have been looking very closely at FIFA and how the game is constructed, and to a certain extent totally ripped it off (much like EA did with Pro Evo in order to finally get a half decent footie game out themselves). That is not too say that PES 2014 is just like FIFA, it isn't, but subjectively, it feels very similar to play. By that I mean, slow, unresponsive, over-burdened with fancy tricks, and worst of all, completely unsatisfying to score in. I have had fewer than 10 games on it so admittedly, I don't really know the game so well, but the problem is, I just don't feel any motivation to get to know it.

Konami have completely thrown the baby out with the bathwater I am afraid and I doubt that they are going to find it again.
  10. Apr 18, 2014
    This game is for people who want to run carrying the ball until they score. Players should slow down when they have the ball. The fact that they don't makes this a Pro Evolution game, rather than a soccer game.
  11. Nov 3, 2013
    look nice, they kept the good gameplay wich is a good new but the rest is a bit boring and an IA totaly retard
    the new interface is nice. i didnt played fifa 14 yet but i think it can't be better.
  12. Dec 20, 2014
    I would not say it's a bad game but the gameplay takes a long while to get used to and I don't think it plays very intuitively. If you want to play it on a normal difficulty level it can get pretty annoying and the commentary is still horrible. Graphics are nice though and I did like the career mode and playing the league. It doesn't have many licenses but the Champions League and EuropaI would not say it's a bad game but the gameplay takes a long while to get used to and I don't think it plays very intuitively. If you want to play it on a normal difficulty level it can get pretty annoying and the commentary is still horrible. Graphics are nice though and I did like the career mode and playing the league. It doesn't have many licenses but the Champions League and Europa League are pretty cool. It's hard to compare this with the new FIFA though because that game also has a lot of problems.Too bad there's not much alternative here :-( Expand
  13. Oct 22, 2013
    I have alternated between PES and FiFA for many years now (sometimes buying both also) and with the exception of PES 2008 & 2009 i always thought Pro Evo was the superior title. This year tho KONAMI delivers what to me is nothing else but a poor FIFA clone. It's PES 2008 all over again, whenever KONAMI announces a "whole new game" they deliever one with terrible AI, horrible referees andI have alternated between PES and FiFA for many years now (sometimes buying both also) and with the exception of PES 2008 & 2009 i always thought Pro Evo was the superior title. This year tho KONAMI delivers what to me is nothing else but a poor FIFA clone. It's PES 2008 all over again, whenever KONAMI announces a "whole new game" they deliever one with terrible AI, horrible referees and below par goalkeeper. The game flow, which has been the main reason for me liking PES more than FIFA is pretty much gone completely. I have started a Master League with Bologna on Superstar, looking for a bit of a challenge. I win pretty much of every match with ease and i'm not even happy about the goals i score, because they usually are histerical if not sad mistakes by the opposition's goalkeepers. The ones i concede are usually own goals by my GK or a case of switching to the wrong defender and not getting to the ball first because KONAMI decided, switching with the right analog stick was too convinient to have in a subpar FIFA clone.... Expand
  14. Nov 1, 2013
    plz konami call jenkey
    he is always genius he made atool that fix all of your bugs from pes 2010
    and now at 2014 he is the king of it and without this tool game is sluggish plz deal with him to fix the online playing 2014 is the first and the last year for me to buy the original game as online playing have bad response and alot of bugs so i hate online playing and play normal matches
    plz konami call jenkey
    he is always genius he made atool that fix all of your bugs from pes 2010
    and now at 2014 he is the king of it and without this tool game is sluggish
    plz deal with him to fix the online playing 2014 is the first and the last year for me to buy the original game as online playing have bad response and alot of bugs so i hate online playing and play normal matches only with jenkey tool
  15. Dec 18, 2013
    First impression: Good game! Much better than many previous PES.
    First impression: Good game! Much better than many previous PES.
    Second thoughts: The players don't chase the ball (unless you force them by pressing as hard as you can your gamepad)! In addition to that the controls are not very responsive (especially in online matches), the players seem to be deciding and moving on their own (and that's not exactly helpful if you see the A.I. while defending or the Goalkeeper).
    Final thought: Gameplay is a bit slow and kind of boring after a while. The goals seem to be scored the same way again and again and all the passing is based on long balls (especially to the wings). All in all, a mediocre game despite KONAMI's efforts and online features after releasing the two patches.
  16. Jan 15, 2014
    No me gusto mucho este PES, la mayoría de los jugadores no se parecen en nada a los reales, el menu de inicio es muy básico, lo único que me gusto fue la integración de la Liga Chilena y la Liga Argentina y la pequeña mejora gráfica del juego.
    Siento que Konami no se esforzó casi nada en hacer este PES.
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Offline, this plays exceptionally well, its challenging and enjoyable, still plenty of room to improve, all the controls feel slow particularly switching between players which feels like an aeon passes before it changes.

Online however, if you're lucky enough to get an opponent you then have the plot luck of whether it crashes and freezes just before kickoff, something that unfortunately seems to have gotten worse with each patch.
    if you're not interested in the online side of the game its worth a punt, if you quite like playing people rather than the computer then this years version will irritate more than entertain.

1. Nov 18, 2013
    PES 2014 is rife with frustrating flaws, but still, underneath all these layers of disappointment, there is a powerful core. In rare instances, when you are in control of the game, and there no bugs to spoil the fun, PES is more natural and alive than any FIFA.
    New engine brought freshness to the series and if it wasn't for shoddy online support and a bunch of nasty bugs, FIFA 14 would be trembling. [Nov 2013]
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    The PES series has definitely left the grey zone, and with its new face and trained muscles it gets again into a fight to win the football cup. This is going to be a hell of a fight with the well started FIFA series, however, it has to start somewhere.