World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 PC

8.3

1. Jul 15, 2011
    I played this game on the PS2. And I'll admit, they definitely simulate soccer better than FIFA but trying to play can complicated and the menu looks like it was from 2000, but it's a good game. Just that I prefer FIFA.
  2. TTon
    Apr 2, 2007
    I agree with many people that this game has the best engine for simulating the soccer game (surely better than FIFA series ). But this has no worth at all since the gameplay is absolutely bad. For me gameplay is the most important things in the game, that's why I rate 0 for it. It seems like the production team don't know anything about soccer. In easier level, the gameplay is I agree with many people that this game has the best engine for simulating the soccer game (surely better than FIFA series ). But this has no worth at all since the gameplay is absolutely bad. For me gameplay is the most important things in the game, that's why I rate 0 for it. It seems like the production team don't know anything about soccer. In easier level, the gameplay is so nonsense. In the most difficult level, I have not found the harder soccer game but just a full of cheat game. Like someone above said, "if the AI decides to win they will win -if the AI decides to get a the ball they will get the ball", etc. And the worst thing that anyone who loves this game should realize is "when you get a goal, win the match, or get anything making you proud from this game, it just the AI decides it to be!" Collapse
  3. TimurK.
    Mar 14, 2007
    Seems more like addon to PES4 but still beats FIFA! More balanced AI then ever, but still needs to be improved (should be more then 6 levels of difficulty).
  4. L.Poolboy
    Aug 4, 2006
    A fantastic game which may put of new players with its slower gameplay and gritter matches. What I don't like about the game is the poor refereeing and the silly ugs the game can ahve, also the game can 'cheat' you at times but it's always enjoyable and a game I definitely recomend, those who complain about lack of licenses and other such cosmetic trivialities can go A fantastic game which may put of new players with its slower gameplay and gritter matches. What I don't like about the game is the poor refereeing and the silly ugs the game can ahve, also the game can 'cheat' you at times but it's always enjoyable and a game I definitely recomend, those who complain about lack of licenses and other such cosmetic trivialities can go play FIFA. Expand
  5. PhilM.
    Jul 8, 2006
    This is just bloody awful. All the team and player names are wrong - how can this be a simulation of football?? The game is constantly stopping for fouls. If you get the ball and run anywhere near a computer player in their half they foul you. It is difficult to control your players who seem hell bent on completing worthless animation sequences instead of what you ask them to do. But the This is just bloody awful. All the team and player names are wrong - how can this be a simulation of football?? The game is constantly stopping for fouls. If you get the ball and run anywhere near a computer player in their half they foul you. It is difficult to control your players who seem hell bent on completing worthless animation sequences instead of what you ask them to do. But the worse thing is that even with a game pad you only get 8 directions on the pc and passes just never seem to go where they were intended. In fact holding the pass button down longer (suposedly for a long pass) makes no difference. The computer controlled players on your team constantly run offside or don't make any decent runs whereas the computer team can split your defense in half with one long ball. The league system is crap and you can't simulate a real league with cup competitions etc. The menu system is poor. This is real tosh. I honestly can't understand what all the fuss is about. This is a very bad game. Expand
  6. AndrewM.
    Jun 29, 2006
    Simply the best soccer simulation available...it is difficult yes...but that makes it worth playing...when you start kicking 10 goals to zip in 10mins of footy then you move up a level I reckon. There is no satisfaction in winning against the computer on 1 star...beating the computer 1-0 on 5 stars is something that gets the heart pumping and the hands sweaty! PES Fanatics will attest. Simply the best soccer simulation available...it is difficult yes...but that makes it worth playing...when you start kicking 10 goals to zip in 10mins of footy then you move up a level I reckon. There is no satisfaction in winning against the computer on 1 star...beating the computer 1-0 on 5 stars is something that gets the heart pumping and the hands sweaty! PES Fanatics will attest. And poor refs? This is a simulation...that's what refs are really like!!!!! The comment about this game being like FIFA 2004 is rubbish. Expand
  7. JonT.
    Apr 13, 2006
    Better than fifa 2006 but seemingly irritating. I'm not exactly the best gamer in the world but to be completely outplayed by countries i cant even pronounce is a little unrealistic. The fouls are somewhere between completely ridiculous and utterly irritating.
  8. DiegoB.
    Jan 24, 2006
    didn't like it... players react very slow. If you are running side by side with the other player.....THE CALL IT FOUL!! fouls are realy bad in IA.....it has a lot of bad gameplay things...slow, bad shots... disapointing.
  9. Alen
    Jan 7, 2006
    I love this game, but there is just something that makes me not to play it for a week: -bad refereeing -if the AI decides to win they will win -if the AI decides to get a corner they will get a corner -sometimes your players aren't able to stop the ball like a normal human.
  10. DominicWalker
    Jan 6, 2006
    This game is fab much better then any other football game. All you people that dis it are just hopeless at the game and in my eyes there is only two things wrong with the game. 1. not real team names or badges not KONMAI's fault plus if on pc u can get a patch for this. 2. To many freekicks are given apart from that great game!!!!!!!!!
  11. Mike
    Jan 3, 2006
    PES 5 is a very good game but it has many problems that should be fixed!!! For example if you edit a team then the game crashes when you play an exibition math and you have to delete the saved games to play normaly again!!! (This hapened on 3 different omputers)
  12. AndyS.
    Dec 21, 2005
    Best Pro-Evo yet! There is nothing to match this. Can't wait for the Wolf Furry patch which is in progress. Takes some time to master rather than being able to play it out of the box which gives lasting appeal and more satisfaction. Stick with it.
  13. Fink
    Dec 20, 2005
    I am in sort of an agreement with some of the reviews, but one thing I can say about this game despite what u may think. This game emulates real football (soccer to the northwestern world) far better than FIFA has. In fact this game would be a perfect gem if it wasn't for the few bugs and the terrible refereeing! If you can get past that it truly is the closest we have to real gaming I am in sort of an agreement with some of the reviews, but one thing I can say about this game despite what u may think. This game emulates real football (soccer to the northwestern world) far better than FIFA has. In fact this game would be a perfect gem if it wasn't for the few bugs and the terrible refereeing! If you can get past that it truly is the closest we have to real gaming football! Expand
  14. Pan
    Dec 10, 2005
    well, better than 4 in some ways, worse in other. it uses the stupid way to make the game harder, suddenly your team seems worthless in running, passing or shooting. (things get worse in the semi finals). what i hate the most is that stupid goalkeeper who got worse in 5. other than that, best football game.
  15. Menno
    Dec 3, 2005
    Hello PES Freaks!!, I'am very very dissapointed about this part.. part 5! I have all parts of PES and now i bought part 5 and i returned it to the store!!, WHERE IS THE FAMOUS GAMEPLAY????!!!, they copied the gameplay of Fifa2004, that i know because i had Fifa2004 just to try and after that try i trew it away, garbage!! And now, My favorite soccer game ever have betrayed me!! and i Hello PES Freaks!!, I'am very very dissapointed about this part.. part 5! I have all parts of PES and now i bought part 5 and i returned it to the store!!, WHERE IS THE FAMOUS GAMEPLAY????!!!, they copied the gameplay of Fifa2004, that i know because i had Fifa2004 just to try and after that try i trew it away, garbage!! And now, My favorite soccer game ever have betrayed me!! and i will never buy PES parts anymore because they failed.. That was my comment about it. Expand
  16. Mistra
    Dec 1, 2005
    I'm not satisfied. AI is certainly better than before, and you have to think twice before you pass,long passes and freekicks are also improved - and these are the good parts of PES5. Bad news: the game is not playable like before, players forgot how to run, they are too clumsy, and takes ages to control the ball when you recieve one and than to pass it. It is too hard to dribble, and I'm not satisfied. AI is certainly better than before, and you have to think twice before you pass,long passes and freekicks are also improved - and these are the good parts of PES5. Bad news: the game is not playable like before, players forgot how to run, they are too clumsy, and takes ages to control the ball when you recieve one and than to pass it. It is too hard to dribble, and once you fool your oponent you cant easily skip past him(unless you are in full sprint with the ball), again he is all over you .there are too many fouls,and they are killing the game, and offsides too,..there are too many remarks,..little :-( Expand
  17. Gavin
    Nov 12, 2005
    Best one yet, ive been playing this game for years now, jap and pal versions every year. This one is the closest to football yet, get this game.
  18. Dimoni
    Oct 30, 2005
    Rubbish. too slow. stupid ball physics. too many freekicks. lost all the appeal of the last incarnation. (ps. i do win my fair share of games, its just a lame game)
  19. Rhye
    Oct 27, 2005
    The best football game ever....even better.
  20. JamieK.
    Oct 22, 2005
    Very strange to play at first, having played the third instalment for two years missing out the fourth edition. However, it soon became clear that this was far from a bad thing and within a few hours of play i was enjoying the refreshing realism of the whole experience. The ball pings and skids around the way it would in a football match on a saturday afternoon in a real game. Everything Very strange to play at first, having played the third instalment for two years missing out the fourth edition. However, it soon became clear that this was far from a bad thing and within a few hours of play i was enjoying the refreshing realism of the whole experience. The ball pings and skids around the way it would in a football match on a saturday afternoon in a real game. Everything dosn't always happen the way it should when you press the buttons on the control pad, passes and shots being effected by the state of the pitch or weather conditions or the ref being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Basically, its as close to real football as u are going to get without heading down to the park with some mates and a few extra jumpers. A unique experience. J Expand

1. It's simple, Pro Evo IS football and the latest version makes enough enhancements to continue the series onward march to perfection. If you're a footie fan you need this, casual fans however might not necessarily appreciate the subtle modifications compared to previous titles.
  2. Can it improve on last year's version? The answer is most definitely yes, but like any successful team, you're going to have to work hard to achieve results.
    The pure footballing pleasure of Pro Evo 5 serves as a reminder of what it all should be about. Some fans of past iterations may not like the tweaks made here to a formula loved by so many, but evolution is inevitable and I think we're just about heading in the right direction.