9.2

1. Aug 17, 2011
    Only for die hard racing fans. I mean, yes, there are all kinds of assists in this game but let`s be frank. No arcade kiddy will try this game more than once. The graphics are outdated and never look as good as in the trailers showed by Simbin. There is no career style play like say SHIFT, GT or FM. It`s just racing : season, time attack and multiplayer. Even for an experienced gamer, this game can get really hard at times. It is as realistic as it gets. You won`t do drifting here as much as slamming into a concrete wall. Offline play doesn`t give much incentive to go on, though there are plenty of nice tracks and cars to drive on and in. This game really shines in online leagues, where other sim racing fans gather. You can tune the car to hell and back. The interiors are well made. The sounds are very good and immersive.If you ever wanted to see how it is to drive a WTCC car and don`t own one, this is the closest thing to it. Expand
  2. May 21, 2013
    Wow! Amazingly satisfying driving experience. So real! Its year 2013, yet I enjoyed this sim more than the following newer titles: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit & Forza Horizon. Strangely, I get no satisfaction playing the newer arcade games. Cars slide all over the place, with no hit of realism. Nice music and exciting cut-scenes cannot replace the proper physics engine of RACE 07. While its true this older game is rather boring, but it feels good for short driving stints. It makes you feel like your inputs on the controller/wheel is translated into real-world reactions from the car & tires. You feel every slide and bump on the road. In contrast, the newer arcady title provides next-to-no feedback or sensation driving them. I'm looking forward to the next Forza and GT6. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    Great racing sim. For what it lacks in graphics it makes up in game-play. Thank you for not including silly career mode and silly currencies...
    It runs like a dream on current machines and is very playable on-line. Unlike everyone's favourite - GT5.
    TrackIR support is a nice touch.
    If they would release more DLCs I would gladly buy them... It would be a pleasure to support such developers.
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    Great choice for someone who searches for a pure simulation. Just get a gamepad or - even better - a wheel, and you can sit and enjoy the challenging racing.
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    Very good game. Play with a wheel of course.

Better online netcode than GTR² but different cars and circuit. I always thopught the graphics seemed almost like a step back from GTR².

Very enjoyable in leagues.
  6. Aug 15, 2012
    What Half-Life is to first person shooters, I believe Race07 is to racers. It's a mild, simple racing simulator, that's not too hard and not too easy. It doesn't bank on ridiculous features to entertain, and it has no codemasters style permanent color scheme. It's not the most user friendly(menus, settings, and pitstops), and does take awhile to get used to(handling and all). But racing with a wheel, for those that enjoy racing, is engaging enough to play race after race of. AI can be challenging when you're on 95% difficulty, however they are hopeless at overtaking, and will unintentionally ram you if you slow down. Expand
  7. AWG
    Jul 25, 2013
    What the heck is this? RACE 07 is barely playable. Tracks are terrible and car handling is just... just... I don't have a word that's not a swear to describe it. This game could be good back in 2007 but now it's just rubbish.
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very great game custom skin and lot of custom mod !
    Awsome :)
    Thanks Simbin it"s a good game :)
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long
  9. Aug 8, 2013
    For the price, there is not any other game on the market that keeps me this entertained. The overall performance of the game is worthy of a 10/10 score from me.
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    I've been racing on-line since 95 and by far Simbin has produced the finest Racing Game I've played. One glitch that needs to be worked out is downloading car set ups, it fails to connect to server for shared setups. I would like to find a USA league to race with.

This is likely where Papyrus would be, had the company survived -- and that says a ton.
  2. I really do like Race 07: Official WTCC Game. In the modern group of racers, it's a breath of fresh air to find a game that does exactly what it says it will on the box. A wealth of options, tonnes of cars and enough tracks to keep even hardcore racers busy for months, coupled with a true feeling of real driving gives Race 07 something that no other racer has.
  3. Hardcore racing-sim fans will get the most out of this game. For the arcade-racing crowd or casual gamer, the tedious logistics of practice sessions and qualifying rounds may be too much to handle.