8.5

1. Sep 18, 2013
    Brilian platformer!
    Join Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies as they run, jump, and slap their way through each world to get home, save the day, and discover the secrets of the legendary paintings!
    The only downside is the uPlay platform requirement.
  2. Sep 30, 2013
    So, I didn't play Origins and I decided to pick this up because I wanted to check out Rayman's modern offering, and Rayman Legends didn't disappoint. The game controls fluidly, especially with a controller, although if you rebind the keys to something sane, the keyboard controls work fine. The main thing that makes the game good, though, is the great design of everything, from the dailySo, I didn't play Origins and I decided to pick this up because I wanted to check out Rayman's modern offering, and Rayman Legends didn't disappoint. The game controls fluidly, especially with a controller, although if you rebind the keys to something sane, the keyboard controls work fine. The main thing that makes the game good, though, is the great design of everything, from the daily challenges, to the individual and varied sequences of levels, even to the hub world from which you select levels everything feels polished and perfectly designed. The game varies heavily, one world focuses heavily on wind currents, having a Zero-Wing style shooting mini game at one point, while a later world is focused on James Bond 2D 'stealth' (more timing-based, but it still feels like stealth). In the end, Rayman Legends is just a fantastic game, and it's so good that if I owned a PS Vita and Wii U I'd buy it again for those systems. It has endless, polished, well designed content. Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2013
    Rayman is back, in a best in class platformer. The game is brillant in all aspects: graphism, animation, handling. Mind you, it requires a pad the well known and appreciated xbox 360 is supported and works like a charm in this game. Some innovations will certainely be copied, and that's a good thing.
    Rayman Legends is fairly long, it took me approx 20 hours to get to the first ending. But that's only 50% of the game! There are more levels that appear and can be unlocked. And for those that enjoy competition, there are 2 daily and 2 weekly challenges, where your skills to complete a level will be compared to this of other players.
    A word on the DRM: Rayman is protected by UPLAY. I cannot say I like it, but it proved to be working just a good as steam, if not better. That means it is non-obtrusive, and allowed me to play online, offline, after my computer resumed from suspend mode.
    Rayman Legends is a solid 10 for anyone into platformers!
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    I am so happy that ubisoft decided to bring this game to PC I loved Rayman origins and always wanted more of it and here it is Rayman legends the perfect sequel first let me say this game is pretty long every main level has a secondary level which is awesome it has epic boss fights and after that you open an amazing musical levels not only that if you haven't played Origins thisI am so happy that ubisoft decided to bring this game to PC I loved Rayman origins and always wanted more of it and here it is Rayman legends the perfect sequel first let me say this game is pretty long every main level has a secondary level which is awesome it has epic boss fights and after that you open an amazing musical levels not only that if you haven't played Origins this game also let you play origins levels how cool is that simply a masterpiece Expand
  5. Sep 3, 2013
    I've been a die hard fan of rayman games since the old days of dos and I have to say, Ubisoft did it again with another spectacular platforming experience. This game is about as perfect as platformers can get with a phenomenal sound track, beautiful level design and a slick control scheme (assuming you are using a gamepad of some sort). The only complaint I have throughout the entireI've been a die hard fan of rayman games since the old days of dos and I have to say, Ubisoft did it again with another spectacular platforming experience. This game is about as perfect as platformers can get with a phenomenal sound track, beautiful level design and a slick control scheme (assuming you are using a gamepad of some sort). The only complaint I have throughout the entire game is the fact that the keyboard controls are kind of wonky, but if you have gamepad that problem is eliminated completely. All in all, if you are even the slightest bit interested in platforming style games, this is a must buy. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2013
    Has combination of tight controls and well designed levels that makes platforming satisfying, excellent graphical style and music, as well as tons of unlockable content that will keep you playing even after finishing the story.

Very solid platformer.

The only downside is there's no online coop; only local.
  7. Sep 22, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. Hard to stop playing: you just want to complete those first levels to get to the chase, the boss fight, and then the music! Oh, the music! They did an awesome job on level design and music sync, making it all a lot more fun. Graphics are beautiful, although it could have some more effects and visual options on PC, the reason it's not a ten for me. (stock clock, itAbsolutely incredible. Hard to stop playing: you just want to complete those first levels to get to the chase, the boss fight, and then the music! Oh, the music! They did an awesome job on level design and music sync, making it all a lot more fun. Graphics are beautiful, although it could have some more effects and visual options on PC, the reason it's not a ten for me. (stock clock, it uses less than 10% of my GPU according to GPU-Z...). Controls are within expect, only reason to complain is the wall run, it's not the best control design there. Very high replay value, very fun, optimal gameplay hours and lots of features. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    This game is the single best platformer I have ever played. It is colorful, fun, and full of imagination. Make sure you have a solid gamepad though.
  9. Jul 13, 2014
    If you enjoyed Origins you'll love this. This is seriously one of the best platformers I have ever played. The developers should be proud to have made such a refined and enjoyable game. The balance of difficulty is excellent and better than Origins, I think. I'm glad they let you skip the animation at the end of each level during the Lum tally. There are a lot more game modes here thanIf you enjoyed Origins you'll love this. This is seriously one of the best platformers I have ever played. The developers should be proud to have made such a refined and enjoyable game. The balance of difficulty is excellent and better than Origins, I think. I'm glad they let you skip the animation at the end of each level during the Lum tally. There are a lot more game modes here than just the story too. It feels like there's more variety to the gameplay than origins as well. Expand
  10. Nov 26, 2014
    What is Rayman Origins but even better. Don't ask me how this is possible i though Origins was the perfect but Ubisoft here, unlike its major titles, managed to evolve the genre with Rayman Legends. Who imagined back in 1995 that Rayman would be such a big hit.

Gameplay is awesome, graphics look amazing, but the epitome in the game is the music levels. It is a new sub-genre to the platform gaming.

I enjoyed Rayman Origins, i want more of Rayman Legends, and i am completely sure, it will be a legendary platform.
  11. Oct 29, 2014
    Usually even if I try my best, I can't 100% a large majority of games, I only finish them and then move to another one, but both Rayman Origins and Legends kept me busy for a long period, and i probably will replay them sometime or another. Legends takes what Origins did by itself really well and makes it even better!

Every world but also every level feels different, and they do not

Every world but also every level feels different, and they do not have any resemblance to the ones in the first game (And even if you miss them, there is a section of the game that allows you to "replay" many levels of Origins, so I suggest you could buy Legends if you didn't play the first one), so you'll have the actual feeling that you are not playing a cheap DLC but a real successor.

Other than the story mode there are many other modes that makes the game even longer, like the challenges, which are not hard to end, but taking a gold trophy? That's another story. You'll have to try many times to take one and to maintain a good ranking position. There are also multiplayer modes that i didn't actually play, so there is even more of what I'm trying to explain!

It's a nice platformer and not hard to play, i would recommend this even to players not fond to this genre.
  12. Jun 1, 2016
    Great game. This is a truly amazing platformer with a good visuals and sound. There's also some humor and the levels are as creative as they come. The musical levels are truly the highlight in my opinion.
  13. Sep 3, 2013
    Ubisoft has brought this supposed-to-be WiiU exclusive game to pc,ps3 and xbox 360 and i have to say that they have done a fine job.Stunning visuals,great level design(you'll never get bored as you will witness something new and creative in every level),tons of levels(main game is roughly about 12 hours) and special mention to the background score.The game has a nice mixture of easy andUbisoft has brought this supposed-to-be WiiU exclusive game to pc,ps3 and xbox 360 and i have to say that they have done a fine job.Stunning visuals,great level design(you'll never get bored as you will witness something new and creative in every level),tons of levels(main game is roughly about 12 hours) and special mention to the background score.The game has a nice mixture of easy and tough levels.For gamers who want challenging levels, its gonna be extremely fun.Four player co-op is an absolute treat, and will be a lot more easier to play than single-player.It will be among the best platformers ever. Go for it! Expand
  14. Sep 7, 2013
    Well, I played in this miracle, Ubisoft really transformed the game, colorful levels, music, just class!! Secret diversified locations, this is not just a mini levels which killed all and won, a convenient management (as well as in the last part). Toda I configured the keys closer to the keys Rayman, hardcore is not met, only a few levels was a lot of different modes added, the animalsWell, I played in this miracle, Ubisoft really transformed the game, colorful levels, music, just class!! Secret diversified locations, this is not just a mini levels which killed all and won, a convenient management (as well as in the last part). Toda I configured the keys closer to the keys Rayman, hardcore is not met, only a few levels was a lot of different modes added, the animals that give lyumy (do not know what they are, but still a nice addition.) The game is much better than the previous part.
  15. Sep 16, 2013
  16. Sep 4, 2013
    fun gameplay bit sceptical at first but the game is awesome the art in this game is superb and the music is so cool :D
    so many minigames and stuff to get in this game
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    I've never played a Rayman game before and so I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I started up Rayman Legends for the first time. Man, was I ever pleasantly surprised! It's truly one of the most fun games I've ever played. While not particularly deep from a gameplay perspective, good humor is bursting from every seam and it's impossible not to be swept along.

The level design

The level design is perfect and the visuals are utterly spectacular. I find myself playing "just one more level" to see what incredible visual treats the game has in store for me next. I also have to shower praise on the game's composer, Christophe Héral. His music is as integral to the experience here as it is in classic Warner Bros. cartoons. You may find yourself replaying certain levels again and again just to enjoy the wonderful soundtrack. Of particular note is the fact that many of the tracks were recorded using a full orchestra, something which is very rare in games these days. Huge kudos to Ubisoft for being willing to spend the extra money to get such high quality results!

In conclusion, Rayman Legends is pretty much a must-have game. I think gamers of all skill levels, ages and backgrounds will find plenty to enjoy here.
  18. Jan 19, 2014
    Had so much fun with this game. Best played on the couch with controllers and friends. Nice art for such low spec requirements. This game will runs great on my older laptop. Game is replayable.
  19. Jul 4, 2014
    I like the game, I really do. Fun and often challenging, but it has near-enough no story and much less charm than the original Rayman title. Yes okay you can play like 20 different characters, but even Mario games can afford to give them different abilities, enough to change the gameplay.

Now I haven't been with the Rayman franchise's evolution, but the open, exploration platformer that the first game was is nowhere to be seen, taking a faster, quicker and linear pace; even in the non-action levels.

So the game is good but not quite exceptional. Fun but it has lost something important to the years.

Close but no cigar.
  20. Dec 7, 2015
    This game should have had 11 because Rayman Origins is already 10 and this one is an improvement. Unfortunatelly, rating system has it flaws and you cannot rate something better than the best.
  21. Dec 20, 2013
    Very rarely i have the pleasure of witnessing such a level of creativity and quality in a game. I am really glad they haven't made it console exclusive because i would've lost the change of experiencing such and incredible game.
  22. Dec 27, 2014
    This game is a big surprise for me: The beginning was a bit boring, because the first world is too easy and the story is too simple. I thought this game is for kids, but it get better. Later on I loved the humor, the many ideas and the beautiful art design. In addition there are many levels to see, even the precursor Rayman origins. In my opinion there are 2 negative aspects in this game:This game is a big surprise for me: The beginning was a bit boring, because the first world is too easy and the story is too simple. I thought this game is for kids, but it get better. Later on I loved the humor, the many ideas and the beautiful art design. In addition there are many levels to see, even the precursor Rayman origins. In my opinion there are 2 negative aspects in this game: the easy story and that you have to grind items (teensies and lums) to lock up other items or levels. Anyaway 10/10. Expand
  23. Oct 21, 2013
    Great game for the younger people and even for adults. I love the co-op system that they have, the graphics are unique and nice and gameplay feels good. I'm glad they brought Rayman back.
  24. Oct 31, 2015
    Platform gaming at it's best... The only platformer that is truly as good as Super Mario games... A lot of others have tried in the past (crash bandicoot games , abes oddesey) but rayman games are the only ones to have achieved it. Amazing game , pure perfection...
  25. Nov 6, 2013
    In terms of game-play,creativity,visuals and sounds it delivers a very pleasant experience...But it lacks in terms of story,and 3D visuals...Even though it is a 2D plat-former I have been able to watch it under 3D stereoscopic visuals and it looks quite appealing...But as soon as I have beaten the last boss I didn't have any incentive to continue playing even though there were still manyIn terms of game-play,creativity,visuals and sounds it delivers a very pleasant experience...But it lacks in terms of story,and 3D visuals...Even though it is a 2D plat-former I have been able to watch it under 3D stereoscopic visuals and it looks quite appealing...But as soon as I have beaten the last boss I didn't have any incentive to continue playing even though there were still many more scenes to play...(Game opens them gradually as you become more & more adept...)The fact that the game offers a weak story mode has been the reason for me terminating my interest in it earlier than I have planned...No matter how I enjoyed playing it ,it still hasn't been immersive enough to keep me going once I finished story mode...I didn't bother with all that was offered to me but I still appreciate the fact it was available for me to keep playing...At some point I got tired of the repetitive game-play and lack of interest due to weak story...But as long as it lasts there wasn't any possibility for me ending it before finishing story mode... Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2016
    Tier 1
    + Incredible level design (for the most part) that makes strong use of all the mechanics on offer and offers a really enjoyable rhythm to those who want to tackle the game at a fast pace
    + Forgiving checkpoint system, with difficulty being optional in whether the player wants to complete all the levels with gold medals and all the Teensies + Incredible art style, a lot of
    Tier 1
    + Incredible art style, a lot of aesthetics that are masterfully achieved, and ridiculously good animation
    ? Could make a loooong list of small level design issues throughout the game (particularly the boss levels and some of the time trial levels), though this is probably due to how massive the game is
    ? The "Back to Origins" levels were an interesting addition, but they're obviously much more poorly designed than the Legends levels, which makes sense since they're from the first game
    - Some of the mechanics are not particularly well-designed or implemented, especially for how much they're used, notably the gliding wind areas (pretty terrible character movement control) and the very inconsistent wall-running mechanic
  27. Nov 15, 2013
    Yet again Ubisoft has blown me away with a new Rayman game. Too good for words, but I'll try to say it as humanly possible,OH MY GOD! It is so polished and well designed,creative, it had a cute new little mini games, background scores and that good old Rayman feel. I'm sure people will lose themselves in this enjoyable game, I know I did.
  28. Nov 20, 2013
    My GOTY 2013. Great music, beautiful graphics, very original map design, lots of stuff to collect and the controls are rock solid. I wasn't even aware of the challenge mode in the game before I bought it. It adds even more stuff to do after you've finished the game. Overall the game is absolutely brilliant and feels polished. A must buy if you are even remotely interested in platformers.My GOTY 2013. Great music, beautiful graphics, very original map design, lots of stuff to collect and the controls are rock solid. I wasn't even aware of the challenge mode in the game before I bought it. It adds even more stuff to do after you've finished the game. Overall the game is absolutely brilliant and feels polished. A must buy if you are even remotely interested in platformers. The only downside I could think of is the Uplay requirement since I've heard that it refuses to work in some cases. However, for me it works great and doesn't bother my experience in any way. I recommend trying the demo version first to see if it works for you. Expand
  29. Feb 11, 2014
    Rayman Legends goes down in my book as one of the finest platformers of all time. Fantastic music and game play that promoted a fair and natural difficulty progression kept me and my friends entertained and laughing all the way through. This game truly feels alive and was one of the most memorable experiences I've had with this genre. A must have game!
  30. Mar 15, 2015
    As of late, the 2D platforming genre has seen a bit of a resurgence, especially in indie games like Super Meat Boy, I Wanna Be The Guy and to a lesser extent in more high-profile titles New Super Mario Bros. and the like. Rayman Legends, the sequel to 2011's reboot of the Rayman series, Rayman Origins, is one such platformer, and quite possibly one of the best in its genre.

Rayman

Rayman Legends, like its predecessor, is very simple in terms of its gameplay: Run, jump and punch your way through each of the levels, rescuing the small, fairy-like Teensies (who replace Origins' Electoons) as you go. It's actually quite a good thing the gameplay is this simple, because this game's difficulty is certainly not to be sniffed at. On some of the Challenge levels in particular it might take someone many different tries to get past a particular area of the game, and whilst at first this may seem aggravating there's no feeling quite like finally completing that ONE level. Another interesting addition is the Murfy mechanic - whilst playing, the player can use Murfy to guide their character through the level, by for instance moving platforms or distracting enemies, adding a little variety to the gameplay whilst still retaining the simplicity that makes it so enjoyable. There are also additional characters, but the differences are mostly cosmetic and don't change the gameplay, though in all honesty this is more to the game's benefit, since the gameplay is OK as it is, and doesn't really need any different character abilities to make it any better.

Also like Origins, Legends' story is barebones, quite possibly to the overall game's benefit. Not focusing much on the story means that the player can divert their attention to actually enjoying the gameplay and uniquer art style, which are the game's main points.

I have but two overarching criticisms of this version, however: First of all, the implementaion of the uPlay DRM system, even on the Steam version, which is unnecessary and cumbersome. Second: This game was clearly meant for the Wii U, a fact that shows as you play the game. I thought that maybe the Wii U's features would transfer more easily to the PC, but unfortunately Ubisoft didn't really take advantage of the keyboard ands mouse in the same way they took advantage of the Wii U's gamepad. Actions formerly performed by the player themselves as Murfy on the Touch Pad are now performed with a single touch of a button on the controller, which if you ask me is a bit of a missed opportunity.

To summarise, despite clearly being designed for the Wii U, Rayman Legends is the best anyone could ask from a platforming game. It's challenging, it has funny characters, enjoyable levels, it doesn't focus too much on the plot, and most importantly - It will keep you entertained for a VERY long time. Yes, it can get very, VERY difficult, but as you play it, you realise that that's the whole point: Trial and error, improving with every failed attempt, slowly but surely perfecting your strategy. And it's exactly that that makes Rayman Legends special.
  31. Feb 22, 2014
    this is the best of the new Rayman series and it even includes 40 updated levels from Rayman Origins

-challenging levels
    -music levels
    -lots of variations in gameplay
    -coop
    -MP
    -daily challenges
    -weekly challenges

a must have for the ones who like platformers
  32. Jul 20, 2014
    My favourite game of 2013, by far. I'm happy to give it a 10 because it's such a pure gaming experience, and beautifully crafted. It's a thrilling example of a platform game, elevated by its artistic quality to the position of a living cartoon. There's a wonderful interaction between music and visual effects which means you'll rarely be in doubt how to handle a tricky jump even when you'reMy favourite game of 2013, by far. I'm happy to give it a 10 because it's such a pure gaming experience, and beautifully crafted. It's a thrilling example of a platform game, elevated by its artistic quality to the position of a living cartoon. There's a wonderful interaction between music and visual effects which means you'll rarely be in doubt how to handle a tricky jump even when you're hurtling towards it for the first time, since you'll feel the moment in the rhythm of the music. (Incidentally, this could be a problem for deaf gamers: best to try the demo first if you have hearing difficulties.)

There's the welcome option of female characters, and not just one but several to unlock. Rayman and the other characters didn't appeal to me much, so I used Barbara and her sisters exclusively. You're never short of choices if a particular level is causing you a problem, with lots of "hallways" of missions, daily challenges, and remastered versions of all the levels from Rayman Origins.

As if it needs saying: if you don't have an XBox controller, buy an XBox controller! This game, and many others, really benefit from it. You might not even realise how many great games you're subconsciously avoiding.
  33. Mar 8, 2017
    Nie istnieje platformówka lepsza od Raymana Legends. Grywalna jak diabli, poziomy muzyczne to majstersztyk, nie pozwala się nudzić. Nie lubisz tego, to nienawidzisz dobrej zabawy.
  34. Sep 17, 2016
    A pretty good platformer that however does not compare to Rayman Origins. Legends is much easier, lacks the sense of progression present in the first game and does not have upgrades for Rayman. The hub is just a set of portraits (instead of the world map in Origins) and most levels are both easy and not better than Origins levels. Even though this game contains 2/3 of Origins, those levelsA pretty good platformer that however does not compare to Rayman Origins. Legends is much easier, lacks the sense of progression present in the first game and does not have upgrades for Rayman. The hub is just a set of portraits (instead of the world map in Origins) and most levels are both easy and not better than Origins levels. Even though this game contains 2/3 of Origins, those levels were made easier and thus, worse. When the game finally gets good, you realize that you are at the end. The final boss is weird and the final world is a disappointment with artificial difficulty. Moreover, Murfy levels are pretty annoying and not well implemented. There are no new treasure chase levels or mosquito shooting levels, instead there are invasions (short time attack levels) and music levels (which are great).
    Despite everything I've written, the game is still loads of fun and one of the better platformers of the recent era. Origins did it better, though.
  35. Jan 19, 2015
    Most likely one of the top 5 games I have ever played. And I have to say, I have been playing PC and console games for 20 years. Unique and absolutely perfect graphics, balanced gameplay, which offers a vast scale of difficulty. Many hours to be spent in this fantastic world. This game is a must for everyone who likes platformers. Sending regards to Montpellier.
  36. May 27, 2015
    La inmensidad de sus plataformas y su detalle son su punto fuerte. Cada nivel del recorrido, cada animación del personaje, tienen un cuidado estético exhaustivo. La composición colorista pasa de entornos fríos a cálidos con mucha una soltura. Y los diseños de los personajes son cuanto menos imaginativos. Busca un público infantil y su argumento no es nada del otro mundo pero es un juegoLa inmensidad de sus plataformas y su detalle son su punto fuerte. Cada nivel del recorrido, cada animación del personaje, tienen un cuidado estético exhaustivo. La composición colorista pasa de entornos fríos a cálidos con mucha una soltura. Y los diseños de los personajes son cuanto menos imaginativos. Busca un público infantil y su argumento no es nada del otro mundo pero es un juego con un nivel visual muy adecuado para sus jugadores. Expand
  37. Jul 13, 2015
    Muy buen juego de plataformas, te hará tener unos buenos ratos de risa, y en modo multijugador más aún. Tiene niveles musicales que son muy originales, además posee un modo de futbol para delirarse a patadas contra un amigo.
  38. Sep 8, 2015
    Probably the best platformer ever. Different game mechanics like running, jumping, hitting, swimming, flying, shooting. Perfect music. Excellent graphics and animation. Unlockable characters that are acutally fun. Enough challenge and levels to play it for days. And great co-op mode that works with any controllers. And you can even smash the letters in end-game credits.

I cannot think

I cannot think of a way to improve this game.
  39. Oct 27, 2016
    Highly addictive, easy to start, but hard to master, I would say this is ideal platformer! Even if you don't played any platformer since Super Mario Bros. - just give the Game a try, you won't regret.
  40. Oct 21, 2016
    The soundtrack of this game is EVERYTHING! Great control of the player, the details of graphics are excellent. I think this is how a platform game should be!

1. Oct 25, 2013
    A charming and inventive platformer that understands what makes the genre special, and never rests on its laurels.
  2. Sep 11, 2013
    While in many ways superior to Origins I’m giving it the same score because it’s a little bit too similar in places, nevertheless Rayman Legends is one of the best platformers of all time and you should definitely buy it if you want to have a smile on your face.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    Rayman Legends falls just short of being an absolutely timeless classic, but that’s just about the worst thing anyone can say about it. It’s every bit as good as its predecessor — stronger on some fronts and a little weaker on others — and continues to strengthen Rayman’s position as an enduring gaming mascot.