5.2

1. Aug 20, 2013
    This game is so COLORFUL! Color and particles flying around a tons of enemies and pure awesomeness! If you have an xbox 360 controller you can play this game with it!
  2. Jun 17, 2012
    Highly satisfying - provided your reflexes are sharp! If you like HARD twin-sticks shooters and can handle a lot of visual distraction, Really big sky delivers the goods. While the game doesn't have a lot of different baddies and bosses, it mixes and matches them randomly so that every game is different and always challenging. The different modes offer yet more replay value - If you like to rely on your reflexes (and not on your memory) to score big, this game will fulfill you. Pros : - Awesome shooter that will offer quite a challenge even to the best gamer
    - Great soundtrack (put some headphones on and crank the bass!)
    - Randomly generated levels keep the game fresh
    - Funny narrator!
    - Visually stunning (provided you enjoy strobe lights and trippy/psychedelic visuals)
    - Simple controls, works very well with Xbox 360 controller (or PS3 controller + MotionInJoy software)

Cons : - Framerate sometimes dips quite low, even on relatively recent hardware (Core I7 + Radeon 5850)
    - Soundtrack change during "bullet-hell" events is quite unpleasant and disrupts an otherwise great musical experience
    - Only 4 bosses that are easily defeated once you get to know them
    - Game should not offer to upload scores when it knows your score isn't in the top 100
    - This game BEGS for an expansion pack with more baddies and bosses!

What are you waiting for, go buy it already!
  3. Jun 30, 2012
    What great surprise. The graphics and music are what you expect after seeing the trailer. The levels are wonderfully random. I can't stop playing it. I gave it a 9 because Co-op is local only. I like local Co-op (I think it should be included more in PC versions of games), but most of my friends are NOT local.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

Thoroughly average indie shoot'em up scores with fantastic graphics, but its playability doesn't reach the quality of its visuals. [Apr 2012]
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    It's utterly compulsive. [May 2012, p.111]
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    Really Big Sky is a very colorful game and really easy to understand. It sadly offers just a handful of bosses and enemies. Still, this game is worth the purchase.