7.3

1. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    It's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but againIt's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but again they made it wrong. Fighting system in this game is the most stupid thing i ever saw. I like all that climbing in Tomb Rider or Uncharted, but they manage to do something stupid in my opinion even with that. Yeap, huge arrow that tells you where to go. No, i don't want that! I want to figure that myself. And memory remixes? It's a great idea, it's innovative (well, not like we never saw ideas like that before, but that's not a common thing for sure) and so on, but why they used it only a few times?
    This game looks magnificent on paper but in reality it's kind of mediocre. That's a shame. Also i have to point our that AAA games now gave a tendency to became shorter and shorter. As already been mentioned here you can beat this game in 5-6 hours.
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  6. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Remember Me is another "interactive movie" where you're forced to watch cutscenes between every fight and, when you actually get to play the game, it's actually pretty crap. Fights are just monotonous button spamming, the platforming gets stale in the first chapter, and you're so often bombarded with cutscenes that even walking along a street becomes a tedious experience.

The one unique element of the game, remixing memories, is interesting, but only seems to happen once every hour of frustrating gameplay.
  8. Jun 3, 2013
    Funny how there already are User Scores for the PC version when it has not even been released yet. The earliest unlock will be 14 hours from now on, with most of the world having to wait around 3 more days.

The game is a Steamworks title, so nobody aside from professional reviewers could have played it yet, and there exists no pirated version at this point either. Hence all the

Hence all the current votes are absolute bogus. Just food for thought.

As for the game itself, I'll be playing (and rating) it once it is actually out. For the time being I will rate it at the critic average, but will adjust it accordingly once I have made up my own mind.
  9. Jun 4, 2013
    Punch-sponge enemies, stretched fights, idiotic stuff (healing strikes wut?), climbing, badly placed checkpoints, QTE, unskipable cutscenes, uninspiring plot, total linearity.
  10. Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked)Wow! This was a fantastic, emotional journey for me and I loved (almost) every minute of it. There are QTEs and those are the moments I didn't like, but at least you don't die if you fail, just have to try again. The combat is not the focus of this game, although enemies do require a variety of tactics to deal with and I basically had 3 combos I relied on (when I had that many unlocked) reduce cooldown of powers, heal, and do damage. I like that the game introduces new powers and abilities gradually, allowing you time to master them all, and gives hints if you're missing the way to deal with a specific enemy.

All of that is nothing of consequence, though, when you consider the gorgeously realised world and the story that you follow through it. This is the focus of the game and what makes this stand above all others this year so far. I don't care about the best way to click to kill things, what I care about is story crafting and being involved in what is happening at a deeper level. This game delivers in spades and I so hope that another game gets made. What a great vision and slickly executed. Please, if you are unsure of whether to bother with this then DO. Otherwise you will be missing out on a work of art.

It is a shame that this game wasn't better received, even though a lot of the criticism seems to be along the lines of "if only it had done it EVEN better then it would have been fantastic". I loved it. You probably will too, so take a chance!
  11. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  12. Jul 16, 2013
    WOW. Most amazing game. So deep and emotional. Big Kudos to the developers. This game is a real piece of art and will be remembered forever.

The mechanics could need some work, that is true. But if the outcome is this impressive I don't care for a little clumsiness.

It's such a shame that the usual reviewer seems to be to stupid to 'get' this game. This is an instant classic.
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  14. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  15. Jul 13, 2013
    remember me is great game that has few miss steps that take it from greatness. its also not as deep as it should have been. remember mes world is amazing!!!! theres a great artstyle and architecture. the world is full with cool robots and inventions. the game has cool technology, especially the sensen, which shows you cool things on your journey. the game has a great concept, but it couldremember me is great game that has few miss steps that take it from greatness. its also not as deep as it should have been. remember mes world is amazing!!!! theres a great artstyle and architecture. the world is full with cool robots and inventions. the game has cool technology, especially the sensen, which shows you cool things on your journey. the game has a great concept, but it could have been taken even further the use of the concept in the game is still awesome) the games music is also pretty good and sound design is great. most of the voice acting is good, though some of it was a bit bad. the same can be said for the writing. most of the writing was good though a bit was dumb. the games camera angles are really cool and are used masterfully. i did have few problems when getting close to walls but its nothing major. the world also has cool and interesting notes and collectibles to find. the combat system is great though towards the end it gets a bit repetetive its not really bad). the combo lab is great feauture and i hope other games use it as well. memory remixes are also pretty fun and i hope to see more of them in the future. the games platforming is a bit problematic. the game is just inconsistent to what ledges you can use. this makes the platforming kind of dumb. also a problem is what the w,a,s,d keys do when platforming. they just change all the time and its a bit frustrating. the game also has few invisible walls and i encountered few audio glitches. also the locking system is a bit annoying. the game is linear, which isnt a bad thing, and thats just the king of game it is. if you dont like linear games, then dont get it, but you cant complain about the kind of game it is!!

overall a great game! its concept and interesting world are awesome, and if you like action games that are linear you should definetly get this!!!!!
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    i totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are thei totally agree with everything good, that has been said about the game PLUS the fighting system is AWESOME! it does steal from arkhams batman obviously, but it does a good job stealing and even comes with some fresh ideas: check out the kombo-system, that lets you build your own kombos with different effects (damage, healing, cooling time for specials, mulitpicators), then there are the special techniques that are ALL usefull and fun. whenever a fight starts you need to check against which kind of enemies you are fighting and really have to make a plan on how to beat them. and the game does a great job in introducing all the possibilities you have and all the varying enemies you are up against.

one little critic, that i haven't read yet: it makes me cry at night, that despite the main story cutscenes there are no dialoges in this game. whats the point in creating such an optically rich enviroment when you don't have the possibility to explore this world and get to know its inhabitants? that's reaaally sad and the only reason i wouldn't score a 10.
  17. Jul 19, 2013
    Graphics/Art style are top notch.
    Theme/subject is really cool but poor execution on them.
    Level design is about as linear as a noodle.
    Sound really good.
    Music really good.
    Gameplay pretty lame.
    Combat felt lame also.
  18. Aug 30, 2013
    I really had fun playing Remember Me, and that's what makes a good game in my opinion. The story is great with quiet some unexpected twists and the characters are interesting. Also, i really liked the graphics of the game and the environment of "Neo-Paris". I think they created a great atmosphere there.
    The fighting system, though, is one of the worst ever and i had some trouble getting used to it. The game is also totally linear.
    All in all Remember Me is still a nice experience and really worth playing.
  19. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  21. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT This combat is fun although at times threatens to become repetitive most of the time something new would pop up and renew my interest. GRAPHICS Better than decent graphhics and the transitions from cutscene to gameplay were near seamless, on par with tombraider. CRITICISM You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT

GRAPHICS

CRITICISM
    You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of what the game was about, ie telling a story, I found it acceptable.

CONCLUSION
    Definitely worth playing. Not sure what the game critics are on about
    It has a few simple puzzles that are quickly solved but it was nice that the game included that.
  23. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  24. Jun 15, 2013
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    But it has its flaws. Combat can be a little tiring after some pretty lengthy fights and while nothing wrong with the platforming it isn't overly exciting as you get no sense of danger.
    But these don't ruin the game overall as its story keeps you playing until it's end. Another fun little feature is the remix sections where
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    Another fun little feature is the remix sections where you get to mess around with someone's memory. These were underused as they were some of the best bits about the game. I'm giving it an 8 as I thoroughly enjoyed as a whole and metacritic keeps changing my score as I try to submit
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  26. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  27. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  28. Aug 31, 2013
    Although the gameplay wasn't too great, I did enjoy the storyline and premise quite a bit. The game was well worth the play though and I completed the game all the way which is more than I can say for some games. As I have stated before, I do love a game with a intriguing storyline and this one delivers with its gripping vision of neo-paris.

However I cannot justify paying the retail

However I cannot justify paying the retail price for this game, it doesn't deliver enough for the price and although the premise of memory hunting in the future is grand, the game fails to amaze and at times fails to entertain. couple that with less than stellar gameplay and it puts the game way lower on my rating table than it could have been.

Worth a play, but only after the price has dropped considerably.
  29. Jun 11, 2013
    The game's solid story, great visuals and interesting ideas are let down by poor execution. The rooftop action doesn't pass muster in a post-Assassins Creed world, and the innovative combo system doesn't stop the combat from being a button-masher.
  30. Jul 30, 2013
    Almost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCsAlmost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCs and performing various tasks, but the game is totally linear and the surroundings are just a backdrop. Expand
  31. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  32. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  33. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  34. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  35. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  36. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  37. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is almost a gem. It has unique very interesting cyberpunk world, good, sometimes even great visuals and pretty fresh gameplay.
    But there is a flaws. Combat reminds a Batman: Arkham games, but it far less polished and so less interesting. Combo system is fun, but it's too flat, it feels like some concept, or prototype. Acrobatic part of the game feels boring. Some character animations looks not as good as in other modern AAA-games. Camera works bad. And most sad thing main feature of this game memory remixing episodes. It is a great idea, and ot looks awesome. But it almost unplayable, and things that player should do in this episodes are uninteresting and always doubtful.
  38. Mar 19, 2014
    Unskippable cutscenes. Incomprehensible QTEs. Bizarre mouse and keyboard controls. Awkward combat. Broken combo system. Constant crashes to desktop.
  39. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem aA game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  40. Jun 21, 2013
    An interesting game, that is pretty much you can say at this moment. Remember Me has potential and is a good start of a new IP, and a good start from a new developer.

The unique thing about this game is the atmosphere of where everything is going to take place: Neo-Paris in 2084. It doesn't give me the traditional sci-fi feeling, more a post-apocalypse feeling somehow (probably because some regions in Neo-Paris are abandoned and are now the area of living for the Leapers, some kind of mutated humans). I never felt the same thing for an atmosphere in a game, Remember Me is truly unique, especially because there is an awesome soundtrack.

Other pro's are the combo's: You can create your own combo's and choose what advantages you want. While you play, you will collect items, that will include Intel about Neo-Paris, about the people you will meet or unlock Art Work and 3D models.

Unfortunatly, there are some cons as well: Camera is a bit clumsy, no decent targeting system in combat, and (normal) fights can take ages. Graphics are mmkay, not that great. Completing the story will take you only about 4-6 hours, not that long in other words.

Remember Me won't be the greatest game of this year, but it won't be the worse either. It is, however, the best debut of the year. Dontnod has proven they're gameworthy, and I can't wait to see what they will make in the future.
  41. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent art work and GUI design in combination with stupid combat system, non-existent gameplay, corridor-like levels and annoying cutscenes.
    After you've watched all the endless (but very nice looking) cutscenes, they give you 30 seconds to run forward a bit, then show another cutscene, another 30 secs, and another cutscene. The designer just doesn't let you play and keeps interrupting you with the cutscenes. It feels more like a movie than a game.
    There is no mouse control in any of the menus which is very annoying when you attempt to configure all those combos.
    The scenery is extremely detailed and looks as if you do lots of things, go to all kind of directions and places, but all of this is just fake. It's non-interactive, there is only one ledge to jump to, only one way to go.
    Stupid, pointless and worthless game where so many art assets are just wasted. Cmon, I just don't understand how you managers can have so little respect for the artists whom you force to illustrate the garbage you are producing.
  42. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  43. Jan 10, 2014
    I feel like i cheated the devs of this game by not driving to their HQ and personally giving them £100, this game has an interesting and deep story, the gameplay is not pulled off as well as games like Sleeping Dogs, but it does the Brawler/Action genre very well, However, it lost points for the dreadful porting. (the QTEs are almost unplayable) Oh, and there is a plot twist, and believeI feel like i cheated the devs of this game by not driving to their HQ and personally giving them £100, this game has an interesting and deep story, the gameplay is not pulled off as well as games like Sleeping Dogs, but it does the Brawler/Action genre very well, However, it lost points for the dreadful porting. (the QTEs are almost unplayable) Oh, and there is a plot twist, and believe me, your not going to see it coming... Near to perfect in many ways, but this game hurts itself in places, yet none of those places take away from the experience. Expand
  44. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  45. Jun 17, 2013
    This game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The storyThis game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The story redeems it a bit but the highlight of the game is the world you are in. I do hope that there is a sequel to this game in which the acknowledge their mistakes and hopefully make this an open world game. Expand
  46. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  47. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  48. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  49. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros
    *Love the story and environment design.
    *Memory remix sequences are a blast to play.

Cons
    *Gameplay and save system leaves a lot to be desired.
    *unskippable cutscenes discourages replaying a chapter to hunt for collectibles
    *combat gets repetitive real fast
  50. Jun 17, 2013
    Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak.Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak. Repetitive platforming and combat bog down the game. Camera angles are annoying at times too. Also some voice acting was a bit off. Game could have easily been polished gameplay wise; it does feel a bit rushed sadly.

tl:dr version: amazing story, art and OST. Poor gameplay gets in the way. I'd say this is a "let's play" game; in other words you're probably better off watching a good youtuber or what not.
  51. Jul 8, 2013
    Unfortunately game disappointed, me. I expected great fights, some jumps and great story. Story is great (two, maybe three moments are weak), fights are just proper, jumps are weak. But still it's good game (but only good).
  52. Jul 30, 2013
    What a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an evenWhat a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an even more absurd and at the same time predictable ending did not make playing through this game a very pleasant experience for me. Expand
  53. Jul 28, 2013
    It is sad that such a good idea had gone to waste. Capcom had a great chance becouse of the idea of human memories being the game's main point but it seems like they didn't care about the plot that much and "tried" to focus on gameplay, which is also not so amusing. They could have written an epic plot, though they gave us a game, just about beating some armed man, cyborgs and mutants.It is sad that such a good idea had gone to waste. Capcom had a great chance becouse of the idea of human memories being the game's main point but it seems like they didn't care about the plot that much and "tried" to focus on gameplay, which is also not so amusing. They could have written an epic plot, though they gave us a game, just about beating some armed man, cyborgs and mutants. This fact made the game so reptetive and also boring as because almost all of the bosses and other enemies had a terrible AI. Graphics were fine untill you realise you cannot properly interract with the environment and most of the levels just serves as a corridor that all you could do is running straight till you finish the level. Give me some space to look around and enjoy the graphics at least, please. For me, the only good thing about the game was it's music and it's idea. Remember Me can not take any more than 3/10 from me.

"All I can remember about Remember Me is, punch-punch-kick-punch-kick. Such a turn off. Quote from myself, explaining the game to a friend of mine.
  54. Jul 7, 2014
    When I started the game, I thought: why didn't receive at least 90%. The setting, the design looked great. Later I realized why...
    I was a big fan, in the old days, of the " french touch", they had great creative ideas. The problem was they spent all their fuel into design, and none of it left for the game itself...
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port,
    In RM what was missing was the game itself. It is a dumb console port, with dumb console controls not translated into PC, with dumb checkpoint system. It is one of the many games that want to make itself longer by using checkpoints, so you have to do stuff, you already done, again and again. After a while this game became a chore. It gets harder and harder, and if you fail, you can start over (ingame videos included). By the time I got to the Madame boss, I was fed up with the endless buttons smashing, these developers call "fight". Somewhat later I gave up and the story just wasn't interesting enough to torture myself more.
    Remember me had great ideas, really good design, but as a game it fails miserably.
  55. Dec 21, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played in terms of narrative and gameplay originality. Memory remixing is incredibly genius idea. Artwork and textures display new scenes for futuristic dystopias. I strongly recommend this game for all sci-fi and dystopia fans.
  56. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not thatOne of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not that the game introduces some new element to gaming but that it uses a familiar game formula so brilliantly! It's the perfect example of what happens when game developers take their time when making a game. Asides from the awesome graphics, the gameplay mechanics are great and the storyline is awesome! It definitely raises your standards in gaming if not done right. That is, IF done right. This was meant to be an immersive game so quality headphones, a comfortable seat and a 360 controller are a must (after owning a strong rig of course). Expand
  57. Feb 12, 2015
    It's been minutes since I finished this game and this game left me with so many impressions that, for the first time, I felt obligated to write a video game review.

Story/Dialogue/Characters... What seems at the beginning as a classical revenge motivated story line, evolves into a tale of guilt and the importance of confronting your pain, the price we pay to achieve our goals, of our identity and how a single event can drastically alter who you are. Nillin is an outstanding protagonist, her monologue is brilliant from the start, when she trashes inside the coffin her panic and anxiety is palpable, her reunion with her family gave me one of the most emotional experiences I've had in any game... If you love video games that stay with you long after you play it, then you simply cannot miss out this one. I would put it even on the same level with Last of Us, which is longer and overall better written, but was less original and more predictable. Only thing that was bit detracting from experience was some voice acting on english version( Nillin VA is exceptional though) and few characters like Kid X'mas and Madame that felt more like Austin Powers villains, compared to overall tone of this game.
    Graphics/Environment Design/Art Style... simply put this is the best realized cyberpunk and most immersive setting of our close future in any game. Graphics are excellent(although I would have liked an option to remove film grain) but the environmental design is where this game really shines. Robotics and smart technology is everywhere, design of life spaces is completely spot on, transparent floors,etc... You can clearly see, how designers didn't simply rush into this and really investigated what our life in 50 or so years would be like. If you love games with great atmosphere, that pull you to another space and time, then you're in the right place here.
    Gameplay...Overall it feels like simplified version of Assassin's Creed platforming and Arkham series combat with a few ideas of it's own. The movement between environment felt a bit restrictive with a clear follow the marker line, that the game could do without. Combat is less complex with no block or parry feature, but animations are top notch with well executed kill moves and the ability to create your own combos with different effects, which is a nice addition to the genre. You also develop several unique abilities like stealth, AOE stun, control drone etc... to complement pure fighting game. Overall, on the highest difficulty, it was simple but challenging, quite addictive fun without ever becoming frustrating... the only thing I would have liked to see is more agressive AI from common enemies, while allowing Nillin to continue her combos from one to the next.
    Performance and Stability...It runs very smoothly, no FPS drops, crashes,zero bugs... I've encountered only one glitch during platforming that reload fixed and that's just about it. No complaints.
    Final Impression... I expected poorly optimized game and riddled with bugs , or an ending similar Mass Effect style that leaves a sour impression on the overall game, anything to explain how something of this quality was almost unnoticed, but I stil don't get it. RM could definitely use more complexity when it comes to combat or platforming, or allowed us some storyline Deus Ex choices, as well as expanded environments with more alternate paths... but what this game also offers is fantastic atmosphere and amazing environmental design where it's second to none, provocative tale and one of the most unique and engaging protagonists in any game, while adding it's own innovations like combat style customization and memory altering mechanic.
    Trust me on this, this is a game whose only real failure is that it values quality over quantity and substance over form as well as offers unique ideas of it's own to an industry where creative design is of little interest...like Masquerade Bloodlines and similar games, this game has a unique quality that will take years to be recognized.
  58. Nov 14, 2014
    I do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in overI do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in over 200 publications as long and wide the world?

"Remember Me" is like a good glass of wine. Not everyone likes it, but everybody should be able to recognize the work involved in running a job of this exquisite quality.

The Spanish translation is a little bad sync with the mouth movements of the characters, but it is somewhat understandable given the differences in the oral articulation and existing sentences in French and Castilian. Evidently motion capture is based on models that spoke French, but not overlook it an outstanding job.

If you like intense stories and twists in the story lines, plus futuristic scenarios this is your game. I say that not many titles in the video game market at the height of "Remember Me"
  59. Jul 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some ofI really enjoyed this game. It has great graphics and stunning environments, great music, and I loved the sci-fi plot. Definitely nice to have an interesting new plot. The game play is alright. The memory remix is a welcome mechanic, and really fits in well with the game. It's linear, but it fits with Remember Me's story. The combat isn't overly challenging (I played on normal) but some of the fights are interesting. The story and visual/environmental design absolutely are the strong points of Remember Me. If you like sci-fi at all, you won't want to miss this it's a lot of fun. I look forward to whatever Dontnod makes next. Expand
  60. Sep 22, 2013
    A visit to Neo-Paris 2084 itself is worth playing this game. It has good action and puzzles, great storytelling, and an absolutely amazing setting. The environment and the methods that require use of the remixer glove to navigate make me think that this is what Hydrophobia Prophecy, a different game from a defunct indie developer, should have been.

'Remember Me' takes place in a

'Remember Me' takes place in a beautiful futuristic city, with a little cyberpunk slum thrown into the mix. You play as Nilin, a wicked-awesome memory hunter that starts off with her memory being wiped, and goes on an adventure to get her memories back and take down a corrupt system. To help along theway, she has a glove that does everything from opening doors and moving objects (similar to Kate's keytool in Hydrophobia), to taking down enemies like a cannon, and ultimately steal/remix memories.

The climbing and navigating challenges were fun, and there's also a very unique puzzle system, which exists in this game here; remixing memories at major points in the game were pieces of art themselves! However, these were used rarely (only on key characters), but I suppose the writers wanted to emphasize that this was a power not to be abused by the heroine. Still, I wouldn't have minded if they added one or two more events along the way.

The story is interesting and tight, avoiding inconsequential side-quests that don't contribute to anything, and instead opt to let you see the amazing sights around you while pursuing your objectives.

There are several QTEs, which I found a little annoying, but the combo system they have is entertaining and allows for interesting combat. I would really like to see whatever improvements DONTNOD might have planned if we're ever fortunate enough to see Neo-Paris again.

Meanwhile, go and play this game!
  61. Jun 10, 2013
    Simply put, Remember Me is one of the most stunning games to come in a long time. Beautiful visuals, a gripping soundtrack, and a well-designed protagonist unlike any other, make for a fantastic experience that will draw you in from the very start.

The soundtrack especially is one of the hallmarks of the game. It has a REZ-like quality to it. During combat, music has a sort of techno style, with a beat that seems to fluctuate depending on how well you fight. String enough combos together, and the speed of the music picks up and flows. Take a hit however, and the music appears to grind to a halt as you recover. Add this to the innovative, albeit underdeveloped, combo crafting system, and the solid feel that combat has in general, and it makes for a wonderful fighting system that will have you looking forward to every encounter with the residents of Neo Paris.

Nilin herself is a fantastic character. She seems more real than other protagonists in almost every way. Nilin is possessing of a rather exotic look, and coupled with a fantastic voice actor she immediately becomes appealing from the very start. The developers seem to have taken a clue from the recent Tomb Raider as well. Nilin walks and runs in a very life-like manner. She glances around at various people and objects that she passes, looks behind her every now and then as she runs, and holds her arm up to shield her face from the heat of flames in the event that you encounter them. Such elements serve to bring the character to life in a more engaging manner.

Remember Me is not without flaws however. The combat system, though solid and innovative, feels like a missed opportunity. The combo lab allows the player to create a number of combos from four different varieties of moves, thus giving the player a measure of control over how combat plays out. However, the system might leave the player with a feeling as if there should have been a few more move types to work with, and perhaps a couple more combo strings to customize. In terms of length, some players may also feel that the story is rather short at an estimated 7-10 hours. It is worth noting however that quality over quantity is a mantra to live by, and Remember Me should not be overlooked simply because of its length.

The story itself is best left as a surprise, to be discovered by the individual, but altogether these aforementioned elements of the game make for a fantastic, engaging experience. The game can only be compared to the likes of Enslaved and Okami, more art than anything else. While some may feel that Remember Me is more on the side of art and doesn't quite step over the border to the side of gaming, it is nevertheless a wonderful experience that should not be missed for any reason.
  62. Jun 4, 2013
    Remember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom inRemember Me is an awesome game. It’s sometimes frustrating with it's difficulty, but it also transports you to an amazing world with striking designs, a deep culture, and interesting characters. The game might rely a little too heavily on “been there, done that” elements of play, but when it breaks from the norm and it does so often it hands players power and a sense of freedom in experimentation. Expand
  63. Oct 19, 2013
    Awesome and smart "Johnny Mnemonic"-like story with sweet graphics, tasty platformer parts and smashing combats what do you need more to remember and love the game? I really satisfied with it. THX Dontnod.
  64. Jun 11, 2013
    Remember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you justRemember me offers one of the best stories in a console/PC game, stunning graphics and a very believable futuristic world. The story is by far the best asset in the game, yet the story unfolds with nearly no player-choices. It provides something close to an interactive movie in the same way as select Naughty Dog games or Ubisoft games. Like a movie, you cannot influence the end, you just discover it while the story moves forward. In my humble opinion, the fact that the world is realistic and Nilin shares thoughts and views with you makes the whole much more compelling.

But lets set the expectations right. If you are looking for freedom of choice, non-linear story. Something like GTA or Saint Row, then this game is not for you. It is closer to a Tomb Raider, Uncharted or Assassin Creed 2.

On the gameplay, as it seems to be a recurring critique:

If I would have to make a mixed review of the gameplay, it would be that it starts too basic and scales up in complexity slowly. Yet, once you are in Episode 4+, faced a couple of Boss and groups of enemies need to be dealt with more care. When you start to have a full arsenal of powers and multiple combos, especially in Memory Hunter mode; then you get the full potential of the gameplay.

But the full potential only comes 4+ hours into the game. That's maybe something DONTNOD should have thought about. The gameplay is not a revolution, but it is better then Assassin Creed or AC2. Even more interesting than Tomb Raider from a combat perspective, even if weaker from a platform gameplay perspective.

Imho, there is a lot of potential for improvement. But it is a first game in a new setting. The augmented reality implementation is very nice. The fact you can recognize Paris places and settings is awesome too. The memory hack principle may need refinement in order to be slightly less time consuming, yet it works fine.
  65. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just awesome. Since it was available to pre-purchase it, I couldn't wait to hold this game in my hands.
    Now, that I've played it a couple of hours I can say it again. This game is absolutely worthly to play.
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay. Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with
    It contains a great story, great music and a pretty well gameplay.
    Of course, it's not perfect. The camera-handling with the controller (it's terrible on the PC with keyboard and mouse for my taste, with controller it's way more likely to handle) could be better here and there. The terrain where you could go in the game could be a little bit bigger, but that's all I can criticise. Otherwise this game shows that you can make a great game even as your first game of the studio (DONTNOD Entertainment) and without those damn fire-weapons and stuff like that (which is now in about 70% of the new game-IPs) just with a great character design and a cool fighting-system.
    It shows some great new ways to play a game, and I really hope that the harsh critic of some guys here and the not that good sales of the game won't ruin a sequel to this, which fixes the critic-points of the first game and shows an even better experience for the player. If Remember Me 2 will come, I'll buy it. Definentaly.
  66. Oct 27, 2013
    it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline,it seems i only give my vote to highly underrated games (see my other reviews), but i just can´t help to see the injustice brought by the official critics to what i would call a gem of a game. if you are into cyberpunk, like dark and complex storylines and can live with a few (really only a few) flaws, then let me recommend this game: awesome graphics, nice gameplay, intriguing storyline, great art direction as well as the music. overall well done. especially for the first title of a studio. well done, dontnod! Expand
  67. Oct 20, 2014
    This game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlikeThis game could of easily of been a 10/10 if it wasn't for some of it's issues. First the good. The story is a great cyberpunk tale and the environment of Neo Paris is beautiful. The music is one that you will want to continue listening well after the game ends. The combat system is fun and allows you to design your own combos. And the puzzles in this game are actually puzzles unlike other games that ditched the concept of having puzzles in them. *cough cough* Resident Evil *cough*

Now the bad, Quick time events are a **** in this game. Sometimes they don't show up correctly and will make you lose a boss fight. The camera extremely annoying in the combat and the auto aim feels clunky.

Like I said if it wasn't for the bad, all the good would of made this game a 10/10. Still if you are a fan of cyberpunk, this game is a must buy. If you don't care too much about cyberpunk, the game might not be able to hold you.
  68. Jun 6, 2013
    As the credits roll on this 11 hour journey, I’m pleasantly surprised to see such a great title come out of a brand new studio. The team at DONTNOD Entertainment have brought something unique to the table, giving us not only beautiful graphics and incredible sound, but also a new combat approach wrapped around a very engaging storyline
  69. Jun 5, 2013
    "Remember Me" is a sci-fi story set in a believable world with an equally believable plot that offers quite a lot of fun, but stiff climbing controls, wonky camera positions and awkward combat make this game fall short to its expectations.
  70. Jun 7, 2013
    This is really an obligatory "review" to tip scales, as some others are doing, to the positive side of things.

I generally don't hold general opinions with any merit at all in the first place, but this is one game I can't allow to stay so low when it's so well done. I suppose this is proof that user-generated ratings really are crap. I believe some people should rethink how saying 4 out of 5 portions of the game design are great, with one being personally distasteful, yet giving the game a 5> is justified or even remotely rational. I can understand some people's qualms about linearity, QTEs, and general interruptions to the game, but I also understand those aren't very objective or sensible complaints. QTEs? Dialogue? Linearity? Are these really bad in a game that's aimed to be story-centric and immersing? I don't believe so. I would be speaking out of my ass if I said the gameplay was intuitive as a whole, but see, that doesn't make it unoriginal. Does it come up with a grand new scheme ideas and elements we've never seen before? As a whole, no. It has some elements that are original, but others aren't. Does that make it unoriginal, mundane, and copy-paste, though? Absolutely not. Originality is not black and white, and you should feel bad if you believe it is.

Overall, though, this is a game that most people probably won't enjoy. Why? Because we're being spoiled with massively open worlds, rail-shooters, etc. A fraction of people will like this game, and an even smaller fraction will truly understand the passion behind it and how great it is.
  71. Jun 8, 2013
    Great plot and world. Too little time to show it. Perfect combat system, bad camera management and not polished tutirial. The game can make you worry for characters, but they are outnumbered by faceless enemies. So it's just 8.
  72. Jan 26, 2014
    How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now,How could a game so wonderful get such terrible reviews? How could a game that I'd consider one of the best ever made get seen so poorly? Every aspect of this game, every single facet, is amazing -- the world, the characters, the flow of the combat. I will never understand, and will lament for quite a while, that this game may never get its proper recognition -- but I can say here and now, do yourself a favor: play Remember Me. Expand
  73. Jun 14, 2013
    Beautiful game, I really liked the story, its characters, especially Nilin (The main character). And of course, i loved the incredible dystopian ambience in Paris.

I wish it was open world to explore the beautiful city, but it turned out to be linear, which is not all bad because it allows you to concentrate on the story without deviating in other variants. The mechanics of combat

The mechanics of combat can be frustrating at first, but after some time and practice, it turns out to be easy and intuitive with combos really easy to execute, and the possibility of causing damage with special powers.

The game is not very long, but does very well with its 8 chapters.
    This is another of those games that hopefully will have a sequel. It was a nice surprise and it is a very solid game. A job well done in this one.
  74. Jun 19, 2013
    It's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative partsIt's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative parts about the game. It is rather short, I finished the game within 9 hours. While the setting is beautiful the linear corridor levelsdesign leaves absolutely 0 room for exploration. The fights are predictable and monotone. The last third of the game feels artificially dragged out. You can not interact with any NPC within the game, not even a line of text. The climbing feels unnessecary and extremely dumbed down as orange arrows will constantly tell you where exactly to go. The game constantly interrupts the gameflow with tutorial like messages that can't be disabled and even on the hardest difficulty setting the game felt like a breeze. Most bossfights are simply blunt and tedious and boring. The most interesting part of the game the memory remixes are too few and too easy. There is only 1 solution in all of them, (eg when you need to kill someone), it would have been nice to have more interactive objects and several different solutions but the way they did it, it's only 1 single solution possible which leads them to be nothing else then trial and error. Overall this game had a lot of potential but the monotonous fighting system combined with the extreme linearity and the short usage of the games biggest innovative gameplay (memory remix) resulted in a barely average gaming experience. I would recommend giving this game a try at a sales price but can't recommend for full price unfortunately. It isn't a bad game, it's a mediocre experience with many up and downsides. At 50-75% off I would recommend the purchase for a decent experience. Expand
  75. Jun 17, 2013
    Awesome game. Enjoyed the adventure from the begining to the end. The atmosphere is awesome, music is fantastic. Art is outstanding. Models are wonderful. I mean.. if you dont like or you dont understand Art will not like the game
  76. Jul 9, 2013
    imagine a mix of mirrors edge, tomb raider, street fighter, with the graphics of unreal tournament 3. thats basically what it is.

but not in a bad way. i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously. the game includes so many new ideas, a good story and an incredible use of the unreal engine. leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details

but not in a bad way.
    i had a lot of fun playing this, seriously.

leveldesing, especially the later stages, the reflections, the light effect and details simply amazing.

the music and sounds are matching, the controls are simple.
    i point that out because some noobs in the forums complain about "hard controls and weird camera angle". i call this the camera is just moving like at tomb raider, or else.

the only thing i didnt like were the enemies, there could have been more different ones, and i would like to have a litte more open world feeling.
    the game also bugs sometimes when you alt+tab while its running.

all together its a great game and shouldnt be missing in your collection.
  77. Jul 5, 2013
    It is a very, very beautiful and sexy game, with a lot of artistic sense in it. Everybody who has been in free-climbing (as a sport or adventure) can see big influence from that thanks.
    On the other side it could benefit from the better fighting with more strategic ideas in it not just a hysteric left-right mouse buttons pressing added by the space bar and WASD keys... You know, to have a feeling you were smart at the end of the fighting scene, not just that you have quick fingers. After 11 hours of play still do not understand combos what to use and how.
    In any way, didn't regret buying it. Would recommend to everybody with inclination to SF. Graphics is one of the best ever.
  78. Jun 9, 2013
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros - I found combat to be quick, reactive, and fun. There was enough strategy and tactics to keep it interesting throughout my play. - The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros

- The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a travel.

- The music. A joy to listen to. Energetic and custom made for every punch and footstep.

- Nilin. Well voiced, well acted, well done.

Cons

- The story. The premise is intriguing and thought provoking, to be sure. It started out so good, it had me hooked. But then it rushed head first off a cliff, diving down into a bottomless pit. After the literal world building, getting the travel and combat mechanics working, and making Nilin a decent protagonist, it seems they just didn't have time to flesh out the story to an appreciable degree.

-The supporting cast. Besides Nilin and Edge, everyone else just seemed like a plot device to further the story. No growth, no serious interaction, just there to push the story along then disappearing. Made exploring such a lovely world feel like a cheap amusement park. Such a let down.

- The controls and camera angle. Nitpicking on controls. I fell to my death a LOT because of pressing wrong buttons while hanging off an edge. I got used to it eventually. Trying to move stuff with the Junk Spammer was a painfully slow process, though, during certain scenes. And the camera.. did not want me looking up at all during any part of the game, even when it was almost required. Quite frustrating.

Final thoughts

Frustrating controls and lackluster story aside, exploring the beautiful and vibrant looking world of Neo-Paris was a pleasure. I had fun climbing and kick-boxing my way through the baddies and puzzles presented to me. Nilin was well crafted and a great choice for the setting.

Now that you guys have the game working and have proven you can make a couple awesome characters, expand/flesh out/make a better story. It felt far too rush and slapped together the farther one gets into the game.
  79. Jun 9, 2013
    What really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit shortWhat really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit short though, the game is strictly linear with no alternative routes to your objective, alternative routes usually lead to the collectable goodies, which make your character stronger.

I have to give kudos to the developers to give the lead role to a female character, and she is a very stylish chick, her outfit is really slick and i loved how they put extra effort into her animations. Nilin has idle animations and constantly checks her sorroundings while running, you can even walk if you feel like it. I had the impression that they borrowed a few ideas from other games.

Combat system has a punch and a kick and consists of premade button sequences, which you unlock on the course of the game and then you can customize those with specialized attacks, to fit your style. Attacks can be: Damage, Regenerative, Cooldown-reducing and Booster which boost the previous attack in the chain. The combo menu might be a bit confusing at the start, but once you experiment a little bit you get the hang of it quickly. Nilin also has some ultimates which give her an edge in combat and are at some points necessary to progress through the fight.

Another nice feature is Nilin's special ability to alter memories of other people, while very interesting to explore all the possible outcomes, there is only 1 correct solution and i was hoping there are more sequences like this, but overall you cannot use this power very often in the game. Imo a lost opportunity.

The story of the game is straight forward and is definitely something new and interesting. The game is supported with an excellent soundtrack, which really underlines the dystopian athmopshere of the world.

Final Verdict: Overall i really enjoyed the game, the visuals are absolutely gorgeous and the combat system is interesting, but can get repetetive, but the game always throws interesting enemy compositions at you. My major negative points are: 1) The linearity, there is little exploring or alternative routes. 2) The memory remix sequences fall a bit short. 3) Filmgrain, which you can't disable via option and have to use texmod modificatrion to get rid of. This is personal preference, but i really hate filmgrain in games.

My score of 7/10 is not just copied from the critic reviews, imo this score really fits for this game, it's a "GOOD" Game with untouched potential. I can definitely give a clear recommendation for this game and i really hope that the developers and Capcom consider additional content or even a sequel to it, it would be definitely worth it!
  80. Jul 24, 2013
    This game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like itThis game deserves a MUCH higher rating than it has. It's not a 66. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The combat system fights like batman, but you also get to select how each strike in a combo effects your situation. Some strikes can heal you, some can reduce cooldown timers, some add more damage. Ignore the metacritic rating. Watch the gameplay videos. If you think you might like it from that, then play. Expand
  81. Aug 16, 2013
    Super Spiel jeder Cent war es wert!
    Super Story!
    Und Gute Grafik!
    Gute Musik!
    Gameplay ist in Ordnung!
    Macht Super Spaß das Spiel noch mal zu Zocken
  82. Jun 23, 2013
    The only reason I'm giving this game a 10/10 is beacuase I feel the current scoring does not accurately reflect the state of the game at present time. Remember Me is one of the most refreshing gaming experiences I have had in a while.

That said, many people like to complain about the combat, for me the combat was just fine. It was fluid & provided a good customization system for your combos, I only wish it wasn't only limited to four. And since when did linearity become such a bad thing, it is absurd how we declare games as bad if they don't offer Skyrim levels of exploration. I don't want Skryim in my Remember Me. Skyrim was a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the praise that is currently has. Everything about it was bland & uninspiring. My taxes are too damn high!
  83. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is not worth the ~$50 asking price. The setting is very interesting and the combat is fun at first but grows annoying and stale after a while. The story is ok and sadly I feel they didn't do as well as the could have with it. Overall this game is ok and provided the entertainment that i deem for the price I payed ($19.99). So if you want a game the can provide an ok amount ofThis game is not worth the ~$50 asking price. The setting is very interesting and the combat is fun at first but grows annoying and stale after a while. The story is ok and sadly I feel they didn't do as well as the could have with it. Overall this game is ok and provided the entertainment that i deem for the price I payed ($19.99). So if you want a game the can provide an ok amount of entertainment with a good setting then this game is it, but i would suggest waiting till is goes on sale or just buy a Russian CD key for $20. Expand
  84. Mar 26, 2014
    This game is highly underrated. The story kept me interested, the combat was really fun, boss battles wer entertaining. Voice acting was pretty good (Edge was kind of crappy), but really I don't think this game deserves the crap I've read about it. People are too critical.
  85. Jun 8, 2013
    Remember me is aesthetically impressive with some fresh ideas, many of which are underused. The plot whilst engaging is betrayed by the minor characters and the actors who voice them. Ultimately it falls flat as a repetitive combat system and mischievous camera break the immersion and irritate the player. I would however, love to see more of this world with less of the tedium.
  86. Jun 8, 2013
    Taking into consideration that this is a new title from a new game developer. I personally think that this game is surprisingly good and I really look forward to what DONTNOD entertainment do next. It has a unique style to the game and interesting mechanics, the only thing that is holding this game back is the combat. I love the fact that you can personalize the combos in the game, butTaking into consideration that this is a new title from a new game developer. I personally think that this game is surprisingly good and I really look forward to what DONTNOD entertainment do next. It has a unique style to the game and interesting mechanics, the only thing that is holding this game back is the combat. I love the fact that you can personalize the combos in the game, but after a while I feel that the combat becomes somewhat of a chore. And I would have liked to see more memory mixing moments in the game as that's what the game is about.

Overall a good game from a new development company, and I look forward to what they do next. Definitely check this game out.
  87. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall, a decent game that dabbles into an exciting world but ultimately doesn't reach the level you hope for. Wait for it to go on sale.

Pros: - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel - Perfect music complimenting the game - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game Cons: - Limited interaction between yourself and the world - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration

Pros:
    - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel
    - Perfect music complimenting the game
    - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game

Cons:
    - Limited interaction between yourself and the world
    - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration
    - Repetitive combat
    - Very few 'memory remixes'
  88. Jun 10, 2013
    If I had to bring up why this game is disappointing it is that I want to play in Neo Paris it is an amassing world artistically stunning and dripping with unique style as well as a decent story and absolutely fantastic music.

The problem is the combat is dull and repetitive, the world is a corridor, the platforming is both annoying and blatantly obvious as to what you must do. None of the "game parts of this game work well but the IP is still good. It is a game I did not like yet want a sequel of as a different genre or with a completely overhauled combat system and no platforming.

Make it a Witcher style RPG as that game never shined in combat though it fairs better than Remember me. Perhaps make the Presen Combo lab to where it has a real tangible effect and more than 4 combos. Simply open the stunning world that is keeping my from giving this a negative review score as the part oft his game where there is no combat are the only memorable parts as the world just looks so fantastic. Any of these you make this a massive IP but for now it is something to put in your steam Watch list and pick it up on sale.
  89. Jun 4, 2013
    Polaris1020 8 Remember Me is destined to be overlooked, which is sad. One thing is for sure: It is a true underrated gem.

I'm about mid-way in the game, and it is a fantastic and hypnotic game, captivating me with it's beautiful and heavily detailed world. The setting is the first thing you'll notice; vivid, unconventional colors blot this world, and it is a feast for the eyes.

Combat works and plays out like Batman, but not quite as fluid. The ability to change up your combos makes for a refreshing experience each time. Enemies are can be quite tough in numbers--especially when they differ in types, forcing you to use different tactics for various enemies. Button mashing won't get you very far.

The platforming and exploration are the weakest links, as they are far too scripted. You never get a sense that you're in immediate danger from scaling walls. And exploration is so linear, so confined, which is a shame considering Neo-Paris is a major sight to behold.

Memory Remixes are the star of Remember Me, setting it apart from other action/adventure games. Basically, you can hack into peoples memories and alter things, changing the outcome of their behavior. It's fun to mess around and experiment. Not to mention, the memory remixes give great insight into Nilin's character; you really get a sense that she is conflicted with the ethics of what she is doing, which, in my opinion, makes her a very human character to which we can relate.

The story... I won't elaborate about it. You really need to experience it for yourself because it will blow you away. Some of the writing is awful, though. But most of it works.

Overall, fantastic game. The story and lore are the strongest aspects. The game play is, for the most part, solid. Remember Me gets an 8/10 for me.
  90. Jun 8, 2013
    Before I start, i'd like to state that the game is good, it's not a 10/10 at best i'd rate it 7.5/10 however due to checking reviews before buying the game, and then deciding to ignore the large proportion of which are negative against the game and go out and buy it anyway, i feel it has a lot of undeserved criticism, hence the review.

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game:

There are 3 basic game play styles of this game: Assassins creed style climbing system, Capcom's usual fighting system in a hack and slash sorta way, and finally a Lara croft puzzle exploration system. Broken down it doesn't sound inspiring and hell some are issue's with linearity with the game, don't go expecting another Dishonored with branching stories and several layers of exploration, its not what your going to get.

This however from my view was never meant to be the strength of the game, or what even intrigued me in the first place. When I first watched the trailer what amazed me was the concept, the story line is unique, its original and its fresh. This coupled with visual style of mirrors edge and background visuals that I would say rival Deux Ex: Human Revolutions...which if you haven't played that game, are stunning, well and truly.

The story-line will keep you interested throughout the game which in my opinion was of an acceptable length, there are 3-4 collectibles 3 of which are upgrades e.g health and 1 take a codex role of providing additional information. If you look for these then the game time will definitely be much longer as there around 50 of each to find.

The user interface is simple and easy to understand, i was using an xbox 360 controller to play the game and found that the controls where relatively easy to cope with, however spikes in difficulty were present in boss fights. They are a b***h when compared to the average enemies.

The greatest asset to the game however, is most certainly the memory remix, its worth playing the game purely for this one feature and it's something i haven't seen pulled off in any other game, if built upon in sequels this mechanic could be one of the greatest pieces of game play on the market.

Overall this game will entertain you for sure, its no game of the year, however, i feel if they have an option of a sequel, then they could build certainly on the existing material and that may be a GOTY contender, but it would require a vast improvement in basic game-play i.e exploration. I'd recommend this once the price drops to mid £20's but its well worth picking up and playing :)

+ Visuals/Graphics
    +Concept
    +Combat
    +Story line
    +Originality
    +Refreshing original player character (doesn't fall into stereotypes)

-Limited exploration
    -Linear
    -Lack of branching story line
    -Capcom's inevitable marketing practices e.g DLC
    -Very slow start (Have to get to at least episode 3)
  91. Jun 5, 2013
    Game need just to be polished in some aspects. Capcom sould give more money to these guys, it is seen that the budget was too low.
    But is good stuff.
    I liked it
    Try it.
  92. Jun 5, 2013
    Design and music are things that save this game. People responsible for programing, design, graphics, mo cap and sound did fantastic job on creating beautiful environment and game world. But the people responsible for the gameplay ruined everything.
    Entire game is a one big tunnel that you run through, that's funny. cause game its advertised with a word "explore". There's no exploring at all. Platforming aspect is reduced to the most basic level possible. Its simply auto-jumping from ledge to ledge, game even shows you the way where to go with annoying arrows.
    Fighting is very simple and bit repetitive but the biggest flaw is that the game is insanely easy. Therese like 5-6 hours of breezing through the game and you're done.

But still i love the design.
  93. Jun 11, 2013
    The game is just awesome, detailed world cool music, diverse setting, and most importantly (at least for me) is a very interesting and emotional storyline.
  94. Jun 4, 2013
    $50 for a 6 hour game? The combat get quirky and the levels are highly linear. The story is very flat and has little to no acceleration. It's just not worth the money at all. Perhaps if this were an indie developer pricing their game fairly ($10-20), I could recommend the game. As it stands, Capcom is trying to steal your money and give very little in return.
  95. Jun 6, 2013
    I've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer whichI've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer which shows you where to go, ugh it pissed me off few times already. But the game is good, and I'm glad that purchased it. Expand
  96. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is a gem that is likely to remain under-rated due to the simple fact it is not a game style or a setting that will be appreciated by everyone.

Most critic reviews have complained about the game being 'linear' and having a 'constricted; level design; both, while true, are in no way a deciding factor in whether a game is good or not; heck Bioshock Infinite was linear and yet is probably one of the best games of this decade.

Remember me has a memorable setting and lead; an excellent soundtrack, an intuitive combat system and most importantly is not another 'me too' FPS/TPS with guns and bulky dudes. It also is NOT an easy game, we seem to get more and more of those these days as all games try to tend to a larger audience.

The visuals in particular are breathtaking, particularly on the PC with Supersampling ON.

If you are a fan of sci-fi cyberpunk you should not miss this one; it is well worth your $60
  97. Jun 19, 2013
    Remember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that iRemember me is an amazing game for people like me who enjoy story based games. The story is great with couple of twists (don't they all) and the game's linearity helps see the story without spending 30 minutes trying to get to the top of the tower or fighting a boss that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. The feeling that the game left me after finishing it was the feeling that i got after finishing Mass Effect 1 & 2. Awesome storyline and great characters all around. Expand
  98. Jun 5, 2013
    I'm also putting in a 10 because you can really tell this game is gorgeous and the story/concept are very non-generic. I'm also thinking that because it's a little different than Mirror's Edge, people aren't liking the isometric changes.
  99. Jun 4, 2013
    I don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: WeaponsI don't know, why rating this game negative. It's well programmed, nice graphics, a good story i'll follow and at summary, it's a pretty nice game. 1st started the game and thought: Mirrors Edge? Damn, there are some similarities! Sure, no real prarkour, but nice. I really don't miss the weapons the game is based on combos. Well executed, it will make enough damage & to be honest: Weapons you'll find in each 0815 game. Just give it a try it's no mainstream game. Expand
  100. Jun 5, 2013
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Right now I am about at 30% of game progress and I am absolutely enjoying every minute in this game.
    To sad the truth, I am not fan of games that have similar fighting mechanic.
    Interesting story line, nice soundtrack, nice level design, nice graphic, fighting mechanic is not confusing, just need to use a little of your head. Also absolutely love "memory remix" scenes and how these working.
    Game disadvantages few times camera was crazy, also bad mouse acceleration, but it is not making problems. Also, I don't know is it minus or plus, but I expected open world, which isn't in this game, but feels open and huge.
  101. Jun 23, 2013

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.