Remember Me PC

7.4

1. Jun 4, 2013
    It's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but againIt's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but again they made it wrong. Fighting system in this game is the most stupid thing i ever saw. I like all that climbing in Tomb Rider or Uncharted, but they manage to do something stupid in my opinion even with that. Yeap, huge arrow that tells you where to go. No, i don't want that! I want to figure that myself. And memory remixes? It's a great idea, it's innovative (well, not like we never saw ideas like that before, but that's not a common thing for sure) and so on, but why they used it only a few times?
    This game looks magnificent on paper but in reality it's kind of mediocre. That's a shame. Also i have to point our that AAA games now gave a tendency to became shorter and shorter. As already been mentioned here you can beat this game in 5-6 hours.
  2. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  3. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT This combat is fun although at times threatens to become repetitive most of the time something new would pop up and renew my interest. GRAPHICS Better than decent graphhics and the transitions from cutscene to gameplay were near seamless, on par with tombraider. CRITICISM You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT

GRAPHICS

CRITICISM
    You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of what the game was about, ie telling a story, I found it acceptable.

CONCLUSION
    Definitely worth playing. Not sure what the game critics are on about
    It has a few simple puzzles that are quickly solved but it was nice that the game included that.
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    But it has its flaws. Combat can be a little tiring after some pretty lengthy fights and while nothing wrong with the platforming it isn't overly exciting as you get no sense of danger.
    But these don't ruin the game overall as its story keeps you playing until it's end. Another fun little feature is the remix sections where
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    Another fun little feature is the remix sections where you get to mess around with someone's memory. These were underused as they were some of the best bits about the game. I'm giving it an 8 as I thoroughly enjoyed as a whole and metacritic keeps changing my score as I try to submit
  5. Aug 31, 2013
    Although the gameplay wasn't too great, I did enjoy the storyline and premise quite a bit. The game was well worth the play though and I completed the game all the way which is more than I can say for some games. As I have stated before, I do love a game with a intriguing storyline and this one delivers with its gripping vision of neo-paris.

However I cannot justify paying the retail

However I cannot justify paying the retail price for this game, it doesn't deliver enough for the price and although the premise of memory hunting in the future is grand, the game fails to amaze and at times fails to entertain. couple that with less than stellar gameplay and it puts the game way lower on my rating table than it could have been.

Worth a play, but only after the price has dropped considerably.
  6. Oct 29, 2014
    Remember Me could've really fleshed out its neo-Paris setting, but the linearity makes it feel like I'm only scraping the surface of it. The story is certainly quite ambitious, even endearing sometimes, but there are instances where the writing is quite weak, where dialogue that's supposed to give a 'badass' impression falls flat, also occasionally feeling quite saccharine. I also thinkRemember Me could've really fleshed out its neo-Paris setting, but the linearity makes it feel like I'm only scraping the surface of it. The story is certainly quite ambitious, even endearing sometimes, but there are instances where the writing is quite weak, where dialogue that's supposed to give a 'badass' impression falls flat, also occasionally feeling quite saccharine. I also think some of the secondary characters could've been developed more. For example, Tommy, Olga and Frank get no more than five minutes of screen time each, and as a result they kind of fade away into obscurity when the game shifts its focus on Nilin and her parents. It feels as if they serve no crucial purpose beside giving the opportunity for Nilin to give an underwhelming philosophical musing about whether the ends justify the means during cutscenes between levels.

It probably sounds like I don't like the game, but that's not the case, I still enjoyed it. The combat system for one is quite effective, it's simple and it works, though it can be a bit boring during the game's introductory sequences because many of the sensen abilities and pressens are not yet unlocked. Once these become available to you however, the combat system offers just enough variation and fancy visual effects to keep it interesting throughout the rest of the game. I also like how the soundtrack is synchronised with combos in combat, making it feel satisfyingly fluid and cinematic. Nice touch.

Altogether, Remember Me is a decent game, though not without its flaws, often get some Mirror's Edge vibes from the setting, wish it could've utilised it a little more though.

Overall rating: 7.5/10 (rounded down)
  7. Jun 11, 2013
    The game's solid story, great visuals and interesting ideas are let down by poor execution. The rooftop action doesn't pass muster in a post-Assassins Creed world, and the innovative combo system doesn't stop the combat from being a button-masher.
  8. Jul 30, 2013
    Almost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCsAlmost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCs and performing various tasks, but the game is totally linear and the surroundings are just a backdrop. Expand
  9. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is almost a gem. It has unique very interesting cyberpunk world, good, sometimes even great visuals and pretty fresh gameplay.
    But there is a flaws. Combat reminds a Batman: Arkham games, but it far less polished and so less interesting. Combo system is fun, but it's too flat, it feels like some concept, or prototype. Acrobatic part of the game feels boring. Some character animations looks not as good as in other modern AAA-games. Camera works bad. And most sad thing main feature of this game memory remixing episodes. It is a great idea, and ot looks awesome. But it almost unplayable, and things that player should do in this episodes are uninteresting and always doubtful.
  10. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem aA game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  11. Jun 21, 2013
    An interesting game, that is pretty much you can say at this moment. Remember Me has potential and is a good start of a new IP, and a good start from a new developer.

The unique thing about this game is the atmosphere of where everything is going to take place: Neo-Paris in 2084. It doesn't give me the traditional sci-fi feeling, more a post-apocalypse feeling somehow (probably because some regions in Neo-Paris are abandoned and are now the area of living for the Leapers, some kind of mutated humans). I never felt the same thing for an atmosphere in a game, Remember Me is truly unique, especially because there is an awesome soundtrack.

Other pro's are the combo's: You can create your own combo's and choose what advantages you want. While you play, you will collect items, that will include Intel about Neo-Paris, about the people you will meet or unlock Art Work and 3D models.

Unfortunatly, there are some cons as well: Camera is a bit clumsy, no decent targeting system in combat, and (normal) fights can take ages. Graphics are mmkay, not that great. Completing the story will take you only about 4-6 hours, not that long in other words.

Remember Me won't be the greatest game of this year, but it won't be the worse either. It is, however, the best debut of the year. Dontnod has proven they're gameworthy, and I can't wait to see what they will make in the future.
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    I feel like i cheated the devs of this game by not driving to their HQ and personally giving them £100, this game has an interesting and deep story, the gameplay is not pulled off as well as games like Sleeping Dogs, but it does the Brawler/Action genre very well, However, it lost points for the dreadful porting. (the QTEs are almost unplayable) Oh, and there is a plot twist, and believeI feel like i cheated the devs of this game by not driving to their HQ and personally giving them £100, this game has an interesting and deep story, the gameplay is not pulled off as well as games like Sleeping Dogs, but it does the Brawler/Action genre very well, However, it lost points for the dreadful porting. (the QTEs are almost unplayable) Oh, and there is a plot twist, and believe me, your not going to see it coming... Near to perfect in many ways, but this game hurts itself in places, yet none of those places take away from the experience. Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    This game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The storyThis game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The story redeems it a bit but the highlight of the game is the world you are in. I do hope that there is a sequel to this game in which the acknowledge their mistakes and hopefully make this an open world game. Expand
  14. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    Unfortunately game disappointed, me. I expected great fights, some jumps and great story. Story is great (two, maybe three moments are weak), fights are just proper, jumps are weak. But still it's good game (but only good).
  16. Jul 30, 2013
    What a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an evenWhat a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an even more absurd and at the same time predictable ending did not make playing through this game a very pleasant experience for me. Expand
  17. Aug 3, 2013
    Zacznę od tego, że oczekiwałem iż Remember Me będzie kwalifikowało się do gry roku. Napaliłem się na tą produkcję rok temu na E3. Nareszcie coś nowego. Nie druga, trzecia, enta kontynuacja jakiegoś dobrego tytułu. Nareszcie nowy silnik, nowy oryginalny(tak mi się wydawało) bohater. Na nieszczęście, zawiodłem się. Jednak zacznę od tego co w tej grze najlepsze. Na pewno grafika, gra wyglądaZacznę od tego, że oczekiwałem iż Remember Me będzie kwalifikowało się do gry roku. Napaliłem się na tą produkcję rok temu na E3. Nareszcie coś nowego. Nie druga, trzecia, enta kontynuacja jakiegoś dobrego tytułu. Nareszcie nowy silnik, nowy oryginalny(tak mi się wydawało) bohater. Na nieszczęście, zawiodłem się. Jednak zacznę od tego co w tej grze najlepsze. Na pewno grafika, gra wygląda ładnie, naprawdę ładnie, co prawda nie wszystko zostało tu zrobione świetnie, jednak większość miejsc jest zrobionych bardzo szczegółowo, położono nacisk na każdy element, dlatego bardzo przyjemnie się gra. Sama walka, pomimo tego że jest dziwna, jest jednak nowa(co prawda momentami ma się skojarzenia z Batmanem) i raczej nikt nie powie "Zgapiona z bo czegoś takiego, przynajmniej w TAKIEJ formie jeszcze nie było. Łączenie, tworzenie, wykonywanie kombosów w walce, jest fajne, chodź przez wielu pewnie denerwujące. Do tego trzeba się przekonać, wiem że nie wszyscy to polubią, jednak mi wykonywało się to fajnie. Widziałem w tym coś nowego. Jednak twórcy nie przygotowali gry do tej walki. Naprawdę ciężko się skupić na wykonywaniu kombosów gdy atakuje mnie niewidzialny przeciwnik, czy przeciwnik którego uderzając zabieram sobie HP. Nie ma skupiania się na celu, dlatego przy końcówce gry, robi się to naprawdę denerwujące i uciążliwe. Fabuła jest ciekawa, powoli się rozwija i pokazuje klimat. Jednak od takiego tytułu oczekiwał bym po prostu czegoś więcej, przynajmniej jeżeli chodzi o fabułę, nie klimat. Po dłuższym czasie gry, zaczynamy się nudzić, twórcy po 3/4 czy nawet połowie gry nie mają już nic ciekawego(nie denerwującego...) do pokazania. Gra ciekawa, dobra, jednak OCZEKIWAŁEM o wiele więcej. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  18. Oct 4, 2014
    IMO, this capcom's best game in years. it isn't perfect but as a new IP. it does sometings right like the story,voice acting, & combat system. What it does wrong, the breaking of combos due to dodging, the lead by the hand platforming, & not going the full way with the create a combo system. This game is worth at least a one time play through
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    "Remember Me" is a sci-fi story set in a believable world with an equally believable plot that offers quite a lot of fun, but stiff climbing controls, wonky camera positions and awkward combat make this game fall short to its expectations.
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    It's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative partsIt's such a shame that they wasted a lot of the potential on this title. First let me start with the positives. I liked the graphics and the atmospheric scenery. The voiceacting, especially on Nilin is nothing short of superb. I like the fact that you can customize your combos. The memory remixes are fun and a unique game mechanic. The soundtrack is great too. Now to the negative parts about the game. It is rather short, I finished the game within 9 hours. While the setting is beautiful the linear corridor levelsdesign leaves absolutely 0 room for exploration. The fights are predictable and monotone. The last third of the game feels artificially dragged out. You can not interact with any NPC within the game, not even a line of text. The climbing feels unnessecary and extremely dumbed down as orange arrows will constantly tell you where exactly to go. The game constantly interrupts the gameflow with tutorial like messages that can't be disabled and even on the hardest difficulty setting the game felt like a breeze. Most bossfights are simply blunt and tedious and boring. The most interesting part of the game the memory remixes are too few and too easy. There is only 1 solution in all of them, (eg when you need to kill someone), it would have been nice to have more interactive objects and several different solutions but the way they did it, it's only 1 single solution possible which leads them to be nothing else then trial and error. Overall this game had a lot of potential but the monotonous fighting system combined with the extreme linearity and the short usage of the games biggest innovative gameplay (memory remix) resulted in a barely average gaming experience. I would recommend giving this game a try at a sales price but can't recommend for full price unfortunately. It isn't a bad game, it's a mediocre experience with many up and downsides. At 50-75% off I would recommend the purchase for a decent experience. Expand
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros - I found combat to be quick, reactive, and fun. There was enough strategy and tactics to keep it interesting throughout my play. - The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a
    After a playthrough on Normal difficulty.

Pros

- The art, ambiance, and setting were inspired. The world was well crafted, the levels varied and pretty, it just all came together beautifully. More than willing to explore the world again, was a treat a travel.

- The music. A joy to listen to. Energetic and custom made for every punch and footstep.

- Nilin. Well voiced, well acted, well done.

Cons

- The story. The premise is intriguing and thought provoking, to be sure. It started out so good, it had me hooked. But then it rushed head first off a cliff, diving down into a bottomless pit. After the literal world building, getting the travel and combat mechanics working, and making Nilin a decent protagonist, it seems they just didn't have time to flesh out the story to an appreciable degree.

-The supporting cast. Besides Nilin and Edge, everyone else just seemed like a plot device to further the story. No growth, no serious interaction, just there to push the story along then disappearing. Made exploring such a lovely world feel like a cheap amusement park. Such a let down.

- The controls and camera angle. Nitpicking on controls. I fell to my death a LOT because of pressing wrong buttons while hanging off an edge. I got used to it eventually. Trying to move stuff with the Junk Spammer was a painfully slow process, though, during certain scenes. And the camera.. did not want me looking up at all during any part of the game, even when it was almost required. Quite frustrating.

Final thoughts

Frustrating controls and lackluster story aside, exploring the beautiful and vibrant looking world of Neo-Paris was a pleasure. I had fun climbing and kick-boxing my way through the baddies and puzzles presented to me. Nilin was well crafted and a great choice for the setting.

Now that you guys have the game working and have proven you can make a couple awesome characters, expand/flesh out/make a better story. It felt far too rush and slapped together the farther one gets into the game.
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    What really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit shortWhat really stands out for me in Remember Me is the artdesign, which is really top-notch! They really got that future setting spot on and filled it with love for detail. Everything from the lead character, enemies, sorroundings is designed to look cool and i often catched myself just looking around and exploring all the details. The artdesign simply fits. Exploring falls a bit short though, the game is strictly linear with no alternative routes to your objective, alternative routes usually lead to the collectable goodies, which make your character stronger.

I have to give kudos to the developers to give the lead role to a female character, and she is a very stylish chick, her outfit is really slick and i loved how they put extra effort into her animations. Nilin has idle animations and constantly checks her sorroundings while running, you can even walk if you feel like it. I had the impression that they borrowed a few ideas from other games.

Combat system has a punch and a kick and consists of premade button sequences, which you unlock on the course of the game and then you can customize those with specialized attacks, to fit your style. Attacks can be: Damage, Regenerative, Cooldown-reducing and Booster which boost the previous attack in the chain. The combo menu might be a bit confusing at the start, but once you experiment a little bit you get the hang of it quickly. Nilin also has some ultimates which give her an edge in combat and are at some points necessary to progress through the fight.

Another nice feature is Nilin's special ability to alter memories of other people, while very interesting to explore all the possible outcomes, there is only 1 correct solution and i was hoping there are more sequences like this, but overall you cannot use this power very often in the game. Imo a lost opportunity.

The story of the game is straight forward and is definitely something new and interesting. The game is supported with an excellent soundtrack, which really underlines the dystopian athmopshere of the world.

Final Verdict: Overall i really enjoyed the game, the visuals are absolutely gorgeous and the combat system is interesting, but can get repetetive, but the game always throws interesting enemy compositions at you. My major negative points are: 1) The linearity, there is little exploring or alternative routes. 2) The memory remix sequences fall a bit short. 3) Filmgrain, which you can't disable via option and have to use texmod modificatrion to get rid of. This is personal preference, but i really hate filmgrain in games.

My score of 7/10 is not just copied from the critic reviews, imo this score really fits for this game, it's a "GOOD" Game with untouched potential. I can definitely give a clear recommendation for this game and i really hope that the developers and Capcom consider additional content or even a sequel to it, it would be definitely worth it!
  23. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is not worth the ~$50 asking price. The setting is very interesting and the combat is fun at first but grows annoying and stale after a while. The story is ok and sadly I feel they didn't do as well as the could have with it. Overall this game is ok and provided the entertainment that i deem for the price I payed ($19.99). So if you want a game the can provide an ok amount ofThis game is not worth the ~$50 asking price. The setting is very interesting and the combat is fun at first but grows annoying and stale after a while. The story is ok and sadly I feel they didn't do as well as the could have with it. Overall this game is ok and provided the entertainment that i deem for the price I payed ($19.99). So if you want a game the can provide an ok amount of entertainment with a good setting then this game is it, but i would suggest waiting till is goes on sale or just buy a Russian CD key for $20. Expand
  24. Jun 8, 2013
    Remember me is aesthetically impressive with some fresh ideas, many of which are underused. The plot whilst engaging is betrayed by the minor characters and the actors who voice them. Ultimately it falls flat as a repetitive combat system and mischievous camera break the immersion and irritate the player. I would however, love to see more of this world with less of the tedium.
  25. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall, a decent game that dabbles into an exciting world but ultimately doesn't reach the level you hope for. Wait for it to go on sale.

Pros: - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel - Perfect music complimenting the game - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game Cons: - Limited interaction between yourself and the world - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration

Pros:
    - Excellent setting giving an authentic feel
    - Perfect music complimenting the game
    - 'Memory remixes' are the most fun aspect of the game

Cons:
    - Limited interaction between yourself and the world
    - 'Newbie' tips preventing exploration
    - Repetitive combat
    - Very few 'memory remixes'
  26. Jun 10, 2013
    If I had to bring up why this game is disappointing it is that I want to play in Neo Paris it is an amassing world artistically stunning and dripping with unique style as well as a decent story and absolutely fantastic music.

The problem is the combat is dull and repetitive, the world is a corridor, the platforming is both annoying and blatantly obvious as to what you must do. None of the "game parts of this game work well but the IP is still good. It is a game I did not like yet want a sequel of as a different genre or with a completely overhauled combat system and no platforming.

Make it a Witcher style RPG as that game never shined in combat though it fairs better than Remember me. Perhaps make the Presen Combo lab to where it has a real tangible effect and more than 4 combos. Simply open the stunning world that is keeping my from giving this a negative review score as the part oft his game where there is no combat are the only memorable parts as the world just looks so fantastic. Any of these you make this a massive IP but for now it is something to put in your steam Watch list and pick it up on sale.
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Design and music are things that save this game. People responsible for programing, design, graphics, mo cap and sound did fantastic job on creating beautiful environment and game world. But the people responsible for the gameplay ruined everything.
    Entire game is a one big tunnel that you run through, that's funny. cause game its advertised with a word "explore". There's no exploring at all. Platforming aspect is reduced to the most basic level possible. Its simply auto-jumping from ledge to ledge, game even shows you the way where to go with annoying arrows.
    Fighting is very simple and bit repetitive but the biggest flaw is that the game is insanely easy. Therese like 5-6 hours of breezing through the game and you're done.

But still i love the design.
  28. Jun 4, 2013
    $50 for a 6 hour game? The combat get quirky and the levels are highly linear. The story is very flat and has little to no acceleration. It's just not worth the money at all. Perhaps if this were an indie developer pricing their game fairly ($10-20), I could recommend the game. As it stands, Capcom is trying to steal your money and give very little in return.
  29. Jun 6, 2013
    I've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer whichI've played for a few hours now, and I really enjoy this game, except for combat system and interface itself. First off, I've been waiting for it since "memory change" trailer and when I first got to change memory I loved it! But there's not alot of such moments in this game, there's more of combat (And combat system is just dull) and corridor-like gaming with this arrow pointer which shows you where to go, ugh it pissed me off few times already. But the game is good, and I'm glad that purchased it. Expand
  30. Jun 9, 2013
    Acceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. TheAcceptable fighting system, good story, AWESOME panorama, very good graphics, but It felt SO INCREDIBLY LIMITING. Every minute of playing I encountered a door I couldn't open, a ledge I couldn't grapple on, a 30cm box I could jump above, and on and on and on. I liked the concept, but I really couldn't stand the fact that the whole game was made a corridor. Acceptable game nonetheless. The Neo Paris panorama was gorgeous, the graphics when maxed out were gorgeous, and the music awesome. If only I didn't feel I was in a very long cage the whole time I played it... Expand
  31. Jun 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. I'm quite surprised to see such low user review like that when there's actually only 5 users rated this game and most of them were positive reviews.
    Since I haven't played the game yet. I will rate it according to a video I watched yesterday. Link:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsdYg40qLY

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.