7.4

1. Jun 10, 2013
    the story and environment more than make up for weak combat and platforming mechanics. play it on hard, and enjoy the fluidity of the game, don't expect a huge challenge or massive gameplay innovations. but do expect to get immersed and engaged in the world they've built. a really nice experience.
  2. Jun 6, 2013
    This is a great game. It's not going to win GOTY, but that's fine. If you're not turned off by the idea of a game on rails then Remember Me is a gorgeous, nuanced action/sci-fi video game that will be remembered fondly for its narrative and stunning visuals long after people have gotten over its minor gameplay shortcomings.
  3. Jun 5, 2013
    Clever, thought provoking and full of heart, what Remember Me lacks in innovation, graphical fidelity, and openness it more than makes up for with a stunning setting, incredible visual and audiatory design, and mountains of character. For me, it's a lot like Metro: Last Light. It's not doing anything new, but what it tries to do it does well and that's more than enough to forgive its flaws.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    It's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but againIt's really a shame when game with so much potential falls short. There are a lot of great elements within this game but all of them (except of graphics and music probably) made in a wrong fashion. They made an interesting world you want to explore, but they denied you that and put you in a narrow corridor. They tried to do some fighting in Batman style. While i like that idea but again they made it wrong. Fighting system in this game is the most stupid thing i ever saw. I like all that climbing in Tomb Rider or Uncharted, but they manage to do something stupid in my opinion even with that. Yeap, huge arrow that tells you where to go. No, i don't want that! I want to figure that myself. And memory remixes? It's a great idea, it's innovative (well, not like we never saw ideas like that before, but that's not a common thing for sure) and so on, but why they used it only a few times?
    This game looks magnificent on paper but in reality it's kind of mediocre. That's a shame. Also i have to point our that AAA games now gave a tendency to became shorter and shorter. As already been mentioned here you can beat this game in 5-6 hours.
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  6. Jun 7, 2013
    *UPDATE!

*UPDATE!

Four days ago I eagerly awaited the release game, and now that it is over I can say without any reserve that this is a game you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. I'll put the ending first for those who don't want to read my entire discourse. I rate "Remember me" as an 8/10, however I've decided to keep my official score as a 10 to help tip the scales. The simple fact is that as valuable as metacritic is, these scores can be the life or death of a game. The same way they can destroy or make a movie, or actor on stage. How many people will skip this game, simply because its not an 8 or higher? "Remember Me" is well crafted, it deserves to be played. DONTNOD Entertainment deserves whatever profits they can get, hopefully enough to encourage more games if not a sequel, which I personally would like to see.

So what games can I compare to "Remember me" to? In my opinion it plays like an assassin's creed warped in a deus ex with a twist (Memories rather than augmentations) The story? Fantastic! Not as good as AC2, or bioshock 1, but better than the ends of either Farcry 3, or deus ex. The combat system was one of genius; and quite frankly something I've been waiting a long time to see. It does have its downfalls eg. the boss battles are repetitive, but unlike AC once I learned this combat system there was never a moment where I had to get my bearings, where combat was too fast, or I was too surrounded. When you add that I was able to, with some restrictions, mold the combos it really puts the player in the action. I stopped worrying about which button at which time and simply enjoyed the game.

Graphics in "Remember me" are a delight to behold. When my computer reported that the game was running in 32bit, and directX 9 I didn't want to believe it. Of course thats the beauty of the unreal engine, from the moment I saw they used it I knew I'd like the game. I do wish they'd used directX 11, I do understand why they didn't but 11 has been out for a while now, and with top end graphic cards now costing half a grand for a single unit.

About the linear qualities of the game. I really do feel this was ultimately the downfall of "Remember Me", and it is why I rate it at 8/10. Below I did list some bugs I experienced, but these were all a minor inconvenience, and could be either limited to my computer or fixed with a patch. Many of the story elements of this game depended on it being linear, I understand that and enjoyed the story. However I believe that there was a lot of wasted potential, especially with the memory remixes in which I wish there was more of. Again I look forward to a sequel.

Errors in "remember me" include: 1) a few subtitle errors, 2) what appear to be some graphical glitches, like a bird stuck in place, and falling through the floor twice. One level appeared all red till I reloaded. 3) The camera is not completely free, it does fight you quite a bit in certain areas.

END OF UPDATE (Original post below)
    I would like to start by stating that I am not an avid video game reviewer, and in fact this is the first I've posting on this website. However, I do like many users look at metacritic scores to "tip the scales" when it comes to buy and judging games. I like many that have already posted, am trying to stop this game from dying before/at release, due to negative/low score. I have only just started this game, and will edit both my score and review later.

To start: The game runs smooth and so far flawless on my system with AMD FX6150, and ATI 6950HD. The music and sounds along with the animation in the menu immediately draw you in. It is clear in just starting it up, like hitman: absolution main menu, that some love went into crafting this game. Options for graphical changes were limited, but in no way hindered either my system, or (from what I can tell) the game in running smoothly.

Upon starting the intro the game loaded extremely fast especially for an HDD, the beginning immediately drew me into the story, my favorite part, and I once again I note care in the games design by a immersive sounds, lighting, sound effects, and small added details to the character's & NPCs clothing, and level design.

This is about as far as I can go so far, but If you read this, I urge you not to go by the current score. I will update this post as I continue to play the game. I am giving it a 10 atm to help balance until I can determine a fair score.
  7. Jun 6, 2013
    Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Great graphics, great music, interesting story, TERRIBLE GAMEPLAY.

Remember Me is another "interactive movie" where you're forced to watch cutscenes between every fight and, when you actually get to play the game, it's actually pretty crap. Fights are just monotonous button spamming, the platforming gets stale in the first chapter, and you're so often bombarded with cutscenes that even walking along a street becomes a tedious experience.

The one unique element of the game, remixing memories, is interesting, but only seems to happen once every hour of frustrating gameplay.
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    Punch-sponge enemies, stretched fights, idiotic stuff (healing strikes wut?), climbing, badly placed checkpoints, QTE, unskipable cutscenes, uninspiring plot, total linearity.
  9. Jul 10, 2013
    This is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear andThis is very underrated game. I enjoyed this thoroughly despite it's obvious faults. It's fighting style is fluid, it will remind you a bit of batman with other unique abilities and gameplay elements that make it unique. The pacing of the game is solid, I never found myself bored or doing too much of one thing. This is something I dislike about "open world" games. This game is linear and to the point. The graphics are fantastic on PC but I played it with a controller because I output it to my TV and it felt very comfortable with a controller on the big screen. The sound design and music is top notch, they really went over the top with the glitch style and it works perfectly in this setting where others try and do it and it doesn't fit nearly as well. The story is interesting and unique, you can kind of predict the flow but there's still not a whole lot of games out there that tell a similar story (I can think of a few but I'd rather not spoil it with comparisons).

On the bad side, I experienced a game breaking bug that required me to start from my checkpoint 3 times. A specific combination wasn't triggering the combat to end so it was odd and broke the immersion. There are a few other strange bugs where you weren't able to climb or maneuver correctly. The combat system is enjoyable BUT as many others have mentioned It's a bit disappointing that you can't chain attacks from enemy to enemy. So for example, if you want to do a 5x combo, you have to finish it on a single enemy. If you go up to 3 and then decide to dodge and hit another guy, it starts over. Doesn't feel like you build momentum as well as you should, however the abilities make up for it. The remixing is great, but I almost wish there was more of it. In fact, I wish the game was a few hours longer. It's linear, but almost too linear where you can probably run through the game pretty fast. The good thing is the art is great and every location is different but very cohesive.

As a side note, I got this game for $26 on Green man Gaming and I think it would be well worth $40-50 new. But if it goes on sale and you want to give it a try, I think you'll either really love it or you'll hate it.
  10. Aug 30, 2013
    I really had fun playing Remember Me, and that's what makes a good game in my opinion. The story is great with quiet some unexpected twists and the characters are interesting. Also, i really liked the graphics of the game and the environment of "Neo-Paris". I think they created a great atmosphere there.
    The fighting system, though, is one of the worst ever and i had some trouble getting used to it. The game is also totally linear.
    All in all Remember Me is still a nice experience and really worth playing.
  11. Sep 9, 2013
    Truly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very niceTruly, I am astounded by these below-average mixed critic scores. There are games which play it safe and rely on conventions which still get around 75 to 80 marks. Then there are games that try to do something new but fail, and these get around 55 to 70 marks. But Remember Me is both unconventional AND good quality. For a genre as diverse as action-adventure, Remember Me makes a very nice addition. It's what you get if you combine Mirror's Edge with Assassin's Creed and DmC Devil May Cry. It's a third-person platforming combat puzzle game. However, despite what the reviewers say, the game is not disjointed at all. The platforming sections, combat, stealth puzzles and story are interwoven and give the game some variety. The combat consists of punch, kick and dodge. Whilst this may sound repetitive, the key feature is that you are rewarded for using combos, and you can choose how you want to mix and match these rewards from health regen, meter regen or more damage. Whilst it is quite slow and clunky in smaller areas due to the various enemies taking up too much space, it's certainly not as repetitive or broken as some claim it to be. Nowhere near as deep or fluent as Batman Arkham, but still hard-hitting and rhythm based. The platforming is generally very good, with few issues regarding where you can and can't go, because the game shows you where to go at all times. No major camera or controls issues either. Level design could be better given the context of the game, but at least it isn't boring. The memory remixing is a nice feature too, and kinda gives an "Inception" feel to the game. In terms of the story and characters, it's very similar to Mirror's Edge, but feels somewhat more developed and significant. Characters are well-developed and the story comes to a nice conclusion with scope for a sequel. There is a perfect balance between story and gameplay. Graphics on highest settings are very sharp for a DX9 Unreal Engine 3 game but then again, so are DmC and Mirror's Edge. Even though the game isn't too demanding on hardware, I struggled to get anywhere near 50 or 60 frames per second with an i5-3470, Radeon HD 7850 and 8GB RAM. This is no issue though, since the game still plays and looks great without any spikes in framerate. In conclusion, Remember Me doesn't rewrite the rulebook for action-adventure games; nor does it make significant advancements in any particular aspect. But it is a high quality yet different game which definitely deserves more credit than the critics are giving it. Expand
  12. Feb 4, 2014
    +The game has a very good atmosphere,cool soundtracks and gameplay may not be great but it is not bad also.
    +Story is something very new.
    +Game has about 3 Boss fights and they are all awesome especially madame boss fight. + Memory remix and remembrane are the most special thing about this game and they are really interesting. +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while
    +Story is something very new.
    +Awesome looking levels that will make you stop for a while and stare at the environment.
    the bad:
    -it's only 8 chapters so it's quite short.
    -you are caged in levels although some of them look wide as you can see buildings and water around you.
    -only about 2 or 3 puzzles.
    -all the enemies and important characters that you chase have the same face like captain Trace.
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    I don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able toI don't get why people are complaining about the combat? If you read watched anything about the combat, it's basically another button mashing game. I knew what I was going into before I bought it. To me, it has more flexible combat due to combos. You can't button mash X constantly. You actually have to land combos. It's a fun combat system in all honestly. I love the idea of being able to have different combos. Do I need high DPS? 4 damage Presence (the items you put into combos) then a double Presence at the end that double the entire combo. Do I need fast healing? Swap out all those Presences for healing ones with a double at the end. I can change combos on the fly. It's wonderful.

I'm only into Episode 3 I think. Not far. But I love the setting. I love the stealing memories and remixing memories. And using the memories to find collectable is interesting, very easy, but still fun at the same time. Story is pretty good. Original, different, etc.

I got this game for $35 through Groupon. Would recommend it if you like Batman:AA Batman: AC. Will update when I finish the game.
  14. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting toolThis game is a little piece of art itself. After you get through the tutorial (which is pretty well implemented, very immersive) you get in love with the ambientation and the world that the guys from Dontnod Entertainment have created. Ok, the combat system may be not as complex as say Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, etc. But it actually is very fun, the Combo Lab is a really interesting tool that should be definetly considered for future games of the genre. The level of exploration may be easy and a little linear, but you get to search really well to find all of the easter eggs, and some jumps/animations while doing some platforms are really awesome in my opinion. The levels where you have to remix the memories of a person are simply amazing, again really immersive, you feel completely like playing God.
    But the thing that really impressed me the most was the characters. All of them really polished and created with love. You are going to love Nilin, you are going to love Neo-Paris and you definetly are going to love the soundtrack, which I have to say, it's probably one of the best of the year.

If you like action but you don't consider a "super pro" at the genre, and you like well written stories and emotional characters... believe me, this is your game. You won't be dissapointed.
  15. Jun 15, 2013
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    But it has its flaws. Combat can be a little tiring after some pretty lengthy fights and while nothing wrong with the platforming it isn't overly exciting as you get no sense of danger.
    But these don't ruin the game overall as its story keeps you playing until it's end. Another fun little feature is the remix sections where
    Beautiful world, decent new lead character, and a fun story.
    Another fun little feature is the remix sections where you get to mess around with someone's memory. These were underused as they were some of the best bits about the game. I'm giving it an 8 as I thoroughly enjoyed as a whole and metacritic keeps changing my score as I try to submit
  16. Jun 18, 2013
    positive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the gamepositive aspects: the main reason, i give this game a 10/10 rating, is it´s story and the atmosphere it creates. first of all, i´m a sci-fi-fan, and there aren´t that many really unique sci-fi-games out there. so here we got a game, that presents a setting unlike the usual post-apocalyptic or horror-fps-stuff. the setting and story are really refreshingly new, the art-style of the game also. you´ve got moments with comic-art, moments with distortion effects, all very nice. finally the story: it´s based on a nice idea, it´s a creative approach, and there are some nice surprises. even though the end is a little bit predictable, it comes to a satisfying end, not leaving questions unanswered or making stupid cliff-hangers to introduce a planned "remember me 2". and that´s more than almost any game can offer i have played in the last couple of years.

neutral: the game is quite short. some people, like me, might find this positive, some people might be disappointed. i think, this game tells it´s story straight forward, and although i enjoyed every second of it, i´m happy, it doesn´t have any unnecessary lengths. it gives you a few days of excitement, and is finished, before it gets repetitive or boring.

negative: sometimes i struggled with the controls. but usually i buy games not sooner than 6 months after release, when the worst bugs have been patched away and things got a little bit polished. so for a 1-week-old release it´s ok, but i hope, till i will give this game a replay, it will have received some patches concerning the controls.
  17. Jun 22, 2013
    This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling.This may be one of the best games of this year. It encompasses a limited, yet beautifully thought up environment with fantastic very customizable gameplay and an amazing plot. on PC there are some choices you can recognize that would be much better with a controller, but it makes up for it with more than fantastic graphics (there's this setting I've never seen before called super-sampling. It makes everything look amazing but it can lower frame rates.)
    overall this game is one that shall hold a place in my heart for many years to come, and I cannot recommend it enough
  18. Jun 23, 2013
    So i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hoppingSo i recently picked it up on steam, aware of the mixed reviews. What i got was a average action adventure, which was not memorable for it's mechanics, after all the freeflow combat was adopted from batman with the only adaptation being the combosystems. Unlike batman however, the combat didn't flow as good, but it was still rewarding enough if you timed it right, and the constant hopping shouldn't break your combatflow (it lets you continue the combo). The combo system is also better than people are giving it credit for, i found it quite intuitive. Platforming could've been done better, but i fear this is a necessary evil due to the relatively narrow/linear area's. I suspect this is the devs first big game, they had limited time and resources and therefore could not create a Tomb Raider('13)-like enviroment. However the design of the levels works, and they help build suspension and build atmosphere, helped by the camera angles and lighting.
    The protagonist is why it scores high in my book. I'm not some drooling fanboy, but i'd like to see more non-male (Marcus Fenix type) Protagonists. Because the game wouldn't have worked without it. And it's shameful to see how contrived the gaming industry is, fearing that the game won't sell if there isn't some MANLY MAN posted on the box cover. No, it will likely not attract the Gears of War crowd...but they have gears of war (and will likely stay there). It will attract a different crowd, people who are interested in atmosphere, immersion, and a catchy story. A crowd that is really underserved at this point. And this is what this game is trying to do, and to a large degree pulls of rather nicely. I hope despite the mixed result the publishers see potential in this game, and won't let it turn into another Beyond Good & Evil. Because that's what this game reminds me off. And what i also love about this game. So my high score is 75% creditted to the game, and 25% for sponsoring new and interesting IP's.
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    It's impossible to deny that gameplay is hardly engaging, but it's overly easy not to pay any attention to it thanks to the incredibly immersive world and captivating story, both of which blew mind my mind.
  20. Jul 16, 2013
    A really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game toA really underrated game! i really enjoyed this game it is great it has a little flaws but it is still a great game the game has amazing graphics and visuals the environment that you play in is so beautiful and incredibly detailed the sounds in this game are just awesome and it has a decent story as well its flaws are in the game play if i could compare the combat in this game to another game i would compare it to batman arkham city it is not as great as batman but it is also not that bad you create you're own combos which i find really cool aspect but the camera in the game doesn't help and without targeting system it might get a bit frustrating and it would have been better if it was a bit longer but still a great game that you should give a try Expand
  21. Jul 24, 2013
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT This combat is fun although at times threatens to become repetitive most of the time something new would pop up and renew my interest. GRAPHICS Better than decent graphhics and the transitions from cutscene to gameplay were near seamless, on par with tombraider. CRITICISM You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of
    This game is solid and worth playing.

COMBAT

GRAPHICS

CRITICISM
    You cannot skip cutscenes which can be grating but in view of what the game was about, ie telling a story, I found it acceptable.

CONCLUSION
    Definitely worth playing. Not sure what the game critics are on about
    It has a few simple puzzles that are quickly solved but it was nice that the game included that.
  22. Jul 29, 2013
    Beautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only findsBeautiful setting, amazing story. Combat is well above average but the meat of the game is how immersed you'll be in the world of Neo Paris. Forget the payola sucking reviewers wanting another soulless shooter. If you can appreciate games as art and enjoy a good story you'll cherish every moment of this roughly ten hour game. If you're a gamer (and I use the term loosely) who only finds joy in rushing through games without truely experiencing them? Get out--I mean... you might wanna pass on this. Expand
  23. Aug 13, 2013
    This game deserves more than 7.2, I'd give it a solid 8.5.
    Pros:
    Beautiful graphics
    Interesting background story and plot
    Very good voice acting (especially the main character)
    Strong female protagonist
    Great combat
    Fantastic music

Cons
    Camera angle is a bit hard to control at points
    Encountered a couple of minor bugs

Overall, definitely worth playing hope for a free roam sequel?
  24. Aug 31, 2013
    Although the gameplay wasn't too great, I did enjoy the storyline and premise quite a bit. The game was well worth the play though and I completed the game all the way which is more than I can say for some games. As I have stated before, I do love a game with a intriguing storyline and this one delivers with its gripping vision of neo-paris.

However I cannot justify paying the retail

However I cannot justify paying the retail price for this game, it doesn't deliver enough for the price and although the premise of memory hunting in the future is grand, the game fails to amaze and at times fails to entertain. couple that with less than stellar gameplay and it puts the game way lower on my rating table than it could have been.

Worth a play, but only after the price has dropped considerably.
  25. Oct 29, 2014
    Remember Me could've really fleshed out its neo-Paris setting, but the linearity makes it feel like I'm only scraping the surface of it. The story is certainly quite ambitious, even endearing sometimes, but there are instances where the writing is quite weak, where dialogue that's supposed to give a 'badass' impression falls flat, also occasionally feeling quite saccharine. I also thinkRemember Me could've really fleshed out its neo-Paris setting, but the linearity makes it feel like I'm only scraping the surface of it. The story is certainly quite ambitious, even endearing sometimes, but there are instances where the writing is quite weak, where dialogue that's supposed to give a 'badass' impression falls flat, also occasionally feeling quite saccharine. I also think some of the secondary characters could've been developed more. For example, Tommy, Olga and Frank get no more than five minutes of screen time each, and as a result they kind of fade away into obscurity when the game shifts its focus on Nilin and her parents. It feels as if they serve no crucial purpose beside giving the opportunity for Nilin to give an underwhelming philosophical musing about whether the ends justify the means during cutscenes between levels.

It probably sounds like I don't like the game, but that's not the case, I still enjoyed it. The combat system for one is quite effective, it's simple and it works, though it can be a bit boring during the game's introductory sequences because many of the sensen abilities and pressens are not yet unlocked. Once these become available to you however, the combat system offers just enough variation and fancy visual effects to keep it interesting throughout the rest of the game. I also like how the soundtrack is synchronised with combos in combat, making it feel satisfyingly fluid and cinematic. Nice touch.

Altogether, Remember Me is a decent game, though not without its flaws, often get some Mirror's Edge vibes from the setting, wish it could've utilised it a little more though.

Overall rating: 7.5/10 (rounded down)
  26. Nov 16, 2014
    I picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed theI picked this game up in a Steam sales because it looked interesting without any expectations and it blew me away! This game was simply the best cyberpunk experience I ever played. Beautiful artful graphics (Neo Paris looks breathtaking), great electro music especially towards the end of the game and an truly awesome story (especially appealing to someone who has own kids). I completed the story in 15 hours and to me this game didn't feel more repetitive than Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham games. Expand
  27. Dec 21, 2014
    One of the best games I've ever played in terms of narrative and gameplay originality. Memory remixing is incredibly genius idea. Artwork and textures display new scenes for futuristic dystopias. I strongly recommend this game for all sci-fi and dystopia fans.
  28. Jun 8, 2013
    Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it,Overall the game has a very good story and some interesting mechanics, however it falls short in the combat system. The combat system revolves around performing combinations and avoiding attacks and little along the lines of strategy or skill. As long as you can hit the dodge button in time you will not get hit at all. Also the world is fairly interesting but you barely get to explore it, you are funneled along a route with little incentive to actually explore. The collectibles in this game will get you more health, which is unnecessary, or it gets you more focus, which allows you to use your more powerful skills.

Beyond that the story line is great and the underlying concepts are sound. If they had done more along the lines of remixing memories beyond the 4 times you get to do it in-game it would have boosted the game a little higher.
  29. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is almost a gem. It has unique very interesting cyberpunk world, good, sometimes even great visuals and pretty fresh gameplay.
    But there is a flaws. Combat reminds a Batman: Arkham games, but it far less polished and so less interesting. Combo system is fun, but it's too flat, it feels like some concept, or prototype. Acrobatic part of the game feels boring. Some character animations looks not as good as in other modern AAA-games. Camera works bad. And most sad thing main feature of this game memory remixing episodes. It is a great idea, and ot looks awesome. But it almost unplayable, and things that player should do in this episodes are uninteresting and always doubtful.
  30. Jun 10, 2013
    having actually beaten the game and enjoyed it, it's definitely much more linear than Uncharted. it's corridor after corridor after corridor. Uncharted doesn't do that and i've completed 2 & 3.
    It's level design is extremely similar to Enslaved. but Enslaved is far worse. the Linearity also hurts with the game's lack of collectibles.
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear
    unquestionably though this is the second most linear game i've ever played. beautiful graphics, good story, and solid gameplay
  31. Jun 10, 2013
    The story of Remember Me is fascinating. Nilin is not a cliche protagonist with amnesia. She has a true motive, and you will enjoy finding out that motive along with Nilin. Voice acting in this game is superb, and the music used to enhance the atmosphere is mesmerizing. The opening title theme is one of my favorite tracks.

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a

The gameplay for the most part is good. Combat could be a little more fluid, but it still works. Platforming, stealth, and puzzles break up the monotony of fighting, which is great.

Overall, Remember Me is a different type of title. If you are looking for a change of scenery in a sea of sequels, this is the game for you. Science fiction fans shouldn’t pass this one up either.
  32. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  33. Jun 11, 2013
    The game's solid story, great visuals and interesting ideas are let down by poor execution. The rooftop action doesn't pass muster in a post-Assassins Creed world, and the innovative combo system doesn't stop the combat from being a button-masher.
  34. Jun 13, 2013
    Remember Me it is not a game. It is an experience, an epic experience. Totally worth to take part in it. Great climate, charismatic main character, brilliant music and good gameplay. I wouldn't compare it to any other production. It is a small piece of art.
  35. Jun 15, 2013
    Pros
    *Love the story and environment design.
    *Memory remix sequences are a blast to play.

Cons
    *Gameplay and save system leaves a lot to be desired.
    *unskippable cutscenes discourages replaying a chapter to hunt for collectibles
    *combat gets repetitive real fast
  36. Jun 17, 2013
    Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak.Game had one of the most interesting and well executed plots I've seen in a while. The buildup and twists felt right, and the ending took an interesting turn that still managed to wrap up everything quite well. Also it had just the right amount of closure as well. Soundtrack and art style are absolutely beautiful as well. However, gameplay, as many have probably mentioned, is very weak. Repetitive platforming and combat bog down the game. Camera angles are annoying at times too. Also some voice acting was a bit off. Game could have easily been polished gameplay wise; it does feel a bit rushed sadly.

tl:dr version: amazing story, art and OST. Poor gameplay gets in the way. I'd say this is a "let's play" game; in other words you're probably better off watching a good youtuber or what not.
  37. Jun 17, 2013
    This game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The storyThis game has so much wasted potential. This "Neo Paris" is on of the most interesting worlds i have ever seen, so you can imagine how much of a disappointment it is when you figure out that you can't even explore it. The combat is average at best and i believe that making this game a third person action game was the wrong choice. I think that it would work way better as an RPG. The story redeems it a bit but the highlight of the game is the world you are in. I do hope that there is a sequel to this game in which the acknowledge their mistakes and hopefully make this an open world game. Expand
  38. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem aA game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  39. Jun 21, 2013
    An interesting game, that is pretty much you can say at this moment. Remember Me has potential and is a good start of a new IP, and a good start from a new developer.

The unique thing about this game is the atmosphere of where everything is going to take place: Neo-Paris in 2084. It doesn't give me the traditional sci-fi feeling, more a post-apocalypse feeling somehow (probably because some regions in Neo-Paris are abandoned and are now the area of living for the Leapers, some kind of mutated humans). I never felt the same thing for an atmosphere in a game, Remember Me is truly unique, especially because there is an awesome soundtrack.

Other pro's are the combo's: You can create your own combo's and choose what advantages you want. While you play, you will collect items, that will include Intel about Neo-Paris, about the people you will meet or unlock Art Work and 3D models.

Unfortunatly, there are some cons as well: Camera is a bit clumsy, no decent targeting system in combat, and (normal) fights can take ages. Graphics are mmkay, not that great. Completing the story will take you only about 4-6 hours, not that long in other words.

Remember Me won't be the greatest game of this year, but it won't be the worse either. It is, however, the best debut of the year. Dontnod has proven they're gameworthy, and I can't wait to see what they will make in the future.
  40. Jun 30, 2013
    Nice mix between Mirror's Edge and Assasins Creed, Also enjoyed the story, the way combos are performed and all the movements that our girl can do! I do anjoyed this game!
  41. Jul 8, 2013
    Unfortunately game disappointed, me. I expected great fights, some jumps and great story. Story is great (two, maybe three moments are weak), fights are just proper, jumps are weak. But still it's good game (but only good).
  42. Jul 30, 2013
    Almost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCsAlmost there. The proportions of various gameplay mechanics (combat, puzzles, platforming) are good, however there's not enough of the flagship feature memory remixing. You do it only like 5 times in the game and it accounts for less than 10% of the play time. I really wish they put in more of that. Also, I was hoping to see a living city with lots of environment interaction, talking NPCs and performing various tasks, but the game is totally linear and the surroundings are just a backdrop. Expand
  43. Jul 30, 2013
    What a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an evenWhat a great potential this game had! But unfortunately I found the gameplay to be horrible. Such a shame, as the graphics design, art style, music, sound design etc. in some parts are really fantastic. But the clunky and annoying fighting system, the oversimplified platformer parts (arrows showing you exactly where to climb/jump, seriously?) and a ridiculously absurd plot with an even more absurd and at the same time predictable ending did not make playing through this game a very pleasant experience for me. Expand
  44. Aug 3, 2013
    Zacznę od tego, że oczekiwałem iż Remember Me będzie kwalifikowało się do gry roku. Napaliłem się na tą produkcję rok temu na E3. Nareszcie coś nowego. Nie druga, trzecia, enta kontynuacja jakiegoś dobrego tytułu. Nareszcie nowy silnik, nowy oryginalny(tak mi się wydawało) bohater. Na nieszczęście, zawiodłem się. Jednak zacznę od tego co w tej grze najlepsze. Na pewno grafika, gra wyglądaZacznę od tego, że oczekiwałem iż Remember Me będzie kwalifikowało się do gry roku. Napaliłem się na tą produkcję rok temu na E3. Nareszcie coś nowego. Nie druga, trzecia, enta kontynuacja jakiegoś dobrego tytułu. Nareszcie nowy silnik, nowy oryginalny(tak mi się wydawało) bohater. Na nieszczęście, zawiodłem się. Jednak zacznę od tego co w tej grze najlepsze. Na pewno grafika, gra wygląda ładnie, naprawdę ładnie, co prawda nie wszystko zostało tu zrobione świetnie, jednak większość miejsc jest zrobionych bardzo szczegółowo, położono nacisk na każdy element, dlatego bardzo przyjemnie się gra. Sama walka, pomimo tego że jest dziwna, jest jednak nowa(co prawda momentami ma się skojarzenia z Batmanem) i raczej nikt nie powie "Zgapiona z bo czegoś takiego, przynajmniej w TAKIEJ formie jeszcze nie było. Łączenie, tworzenie, wykonywanie kombosów w walce, jest fajne, chodź przez wielu pewnie denerwujące. Do tego trzeba się przekonać, wiem że nie wszyscy to polubią, jednak mi wykonywało się to fajnie. Widziałem w tym coś nowego. Jednak twórcy nie przygotowali gry do tej walki. Naprawdę ciężko się skupić na wykonywaniu kombosów gdy atakuje mnie niewidzialny przeciwnik, czy przeciwnik którego uderzając zabieram sobie HP. Nie ma skupiania się na celu, dlatego przy końcówce gry, robi się to naprawdę denerwujące i uciążliwe. Fabuła jest ciekawa, powoli się rozwija i pokazuje klimat. Jednak od takiego tytułu oczekiwał bym po prostu czegoś więcej, przynajmniej jeżeli chodzi o fabułę, nie klimat. Po dłuższym czasie gry, zaczynamy się nudzić, twórcy po 3/4 czy nawet połowie gry nie mają już nic ciekawego(nie denerwującego...) do pokazania. Gra ciekawa, dobra, jednak OCZEKIWAŁEM o wiele więcej. Moja ocena 7/10 Expand
  45. Aug 5, 2013
    Good linear story which took me 14h to complete the game (without rushing through). Graphics are well done and create a dense atmosphere. Gameplay is somewhat simple, and not too difficult at normal setting. Mouse and Keyboard controls are precise and well done, so is the camera system. IMHO if you like tomb raider in a scify setting without too much thinking this is for you.
  46. Dec 31, 2013
    I like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in aI like this game very much perhaps its the pastiche of Philip K. Dick and William Gibson themes, reminders of other games like Deus Ex; Remember Me feels like something out of Metal Hurlant with its story, characters and cyberpunk stylings. Nice flourishes like a memory "remixes" are the most fun parts, yet sadly are not capitalized on. Gameplay is something we've all seen before in a third person brawler; very reminiscent of Rocksteady's Arkham Asylum (Dontnod can hardly be blamed wishing to emulate that game). A linear title, but a pretty one, and quite enjoyable. Expand
  47. Apr 20, 2014
    One of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not thatOne of the most overlooked games of its year, possibly due to the misguided advertising. I played this game without having no prior knowledge of its existence and boy oh boy, was I in for a surprise. This game is definitely ahead of its time and I was really amazed by how overlooked this gem was. Capcom really went above and beyond with this one. The funny thing is though, it's not that the game introduces some new element to gaming but that it uses a familiar game formula so brilliantly! It's the perfect example of what happens when game developers take their time when making a game. Asides from the awesome graphics, the gameplay mechanics are great and the storyline is awesome! It definitely raises your standards in gaming if not done right. That is, IF done right. This was meant to be an immersive game so quality headphones, a comfortable seat and a 360 controller are a must (after owning a strong rig of course). Expand
  48. Apr 20, 2014
    Let me start off by saying the first 2 hours were horrible. But after that what seems like a crappy Assassin's Creed clone blooms into a beautiful dynamic game. It has a very original 1984 esque story with some of the best character development to date. You can tell the creators really bled themselves dry to create something that will be remembered for decades to come.
  49. Jun 3, 2014
    A terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over andA terribly underrated game, which was obviously very tightly developed. Amazing setting of Neo-Paris, where the only currency are memories - the juicier, the better. Incredible music, blending instrumental sound with a glitchy electronic vibe. The gameplay is a bit simpler and slightly unrefined, since it all boils down to just having the longest, most varied combo and doing it over and over again but the fact that you can customize your own combos is something fresh and interesting.
    The writing could have been better at some points but it can hold it's own.

Overall it's a very good game and it's not just a simple button-masher, it has depth as well.
  50. Oct 4, 2014
    IMO, this capcom's best game in years. it isn't perfect but as a new IP. it does sometings right like the story,voice acting, & combat system. What it does wrong, the breaking of combos due to dodging, the lead by the hand platforming, & not going the full way with the create a combo system. This game is worth at least a one time play through
  51. Nov 14, 2014
    I do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in overI do not understand **** ratings people give this amazing game. The story is very good, the graphics are of the highest level, the soundtrack is one of the best I've enjoyed in any game before, well fitted perfectly in the turns of history. If it's a linear game, and is perhaps the only reasonable criticism I've read, but is not it true that "The Last Of Us" is linear and has 10/10 in over 200 publications as long and wide the world?

"Remember Me" is like a good glass of wine. Not everyone likes it, but everybody should be able to recognize the work involved in running a job of this exquisite quality.

The Spanish translation is a little bad sync with the mouth movements of the characters, but it is somewhat understandable given the differences in the oral articulation and existing sentences in French and Castilian. Evidently motion capture is based on models that spoke French, but not overlook it an outstanding job.

If you like intense stories and twists in the story lines, plus futuristic scenarios this is your game. I say that not many titles in the video game market at the height of "Remember Me"
  52. Apr 11, 2015
    Applaud DONTNOD for the scope of their ambition. Whilst they fall short of a great game, there is still a good game here. In particular the setting, characters and atmosphere are great.
    In particular the music and the lighting were very well done.
    The downfall is the clunky combat system, which can sometimes feel like a chore as you try to progress through the story. Game rates a 7 out
    In particular the music and the lighting were very well done.
    Game rates a 7 out of ten & +1 for ambition.
    Overall I look forward to a slicker, more fleshed out offering from DONTNOD in the future - I certainly think they are on the right path going forward.
  53. May 17, 2015
    The love child between Bioshock, Inception, and Mirror's Edge. I would highly recommend it for anyone with a bit of money and a half a day to burn.

Pros: Pretty graphics, solid voice acting, smooth controls, fun combat/progression, neat ideas and setting, and a memorable story. Given the premise, I went in afraid that the game was going to constantly go "Hah, everything you know is a lie" and call it plot. The developers resisted the urge, and stuck to an engaging core narrative that remained delightfully easy to follow.

Cons: I did have to hit the internet to figure out one core game mechanic (the difference between punching and kicking in a combo). Also the story is 100% linear, so the player needs to go in with the understanding that they are button-mashing (or elegantly combo-ing) their way through a movie, and not playing a Mass Effect or similar title. The jumping puzzle/problem solving requires more patience than thought, but the character looks so cool jumping all about that it's not a big problem.
  54. Aug 30, 2015
    This game is good,no doubt!But I've one grip with the game,the mouse and keyboard controls are Terrible!!!!
    But there are some really good thing.Here is my pro,contra list!:

Pro:
    The graphics are beatyful
    The storie has some twists
    The game has good controls......

Contra:
    .......BUT NOT WITH MOUSE AND KEYBOARD!!!!
    The puzzles have just ONE solution

But overall a good game!
  55. Sep 10, 2015
    The combat and some of the mechanics will really annoy you at times as they're not 100% reactive but there are great puzzle segments and a satisfying combat style. I admit I almost quit playing because of one of the remixes i spent 30 mins trying to just change 1 thing (pc controls are terrible for this) so i recommend you grab an xbox controller for those segments.
    For combat, pc
    For combat, pc controls are tighter and easier than the controller. I also recommend that you make sure you look up your hotkeys so that you know which symbol means which move on boss fights. Nothing is worse than having to do the same bit 30 times not being able to figure out which button to press :)
  56. Sep 24, 2016
    Critics' score might make you think that this is a mediocre game. It's not. It's definitely above average and well done in nearly every aspect.
    The visuals and the music are top notch. The battle system, which is basically the core of the game, is great too. Though it might be not everybody's cup of tea. It requires you to think, while creating your combos, change them constantly throughout the game for the most effectiveness, and be well concentrated during the actual fights. So in order to enjoy the game, you must put some effort but it really pays off with a lot of fun and makes you feel like a real memory hunter. I can imagine it all being "meh" if you die constantly.
    The story of RM could've been better. It had potential and the premise was great, but in the end, it felt like somebody ripped off the pages from the middle of the script and replaced them with a couple of sentences. It really felt abridged, but it was still good.
    Also one of my personal gripes (since I like to replay it from time to time) is that the game doesn't have a lot of replayability. Though there is a bunch of collectibles scattered all over, I do wish they included a "skip" option for the cutscenes, which are aplenty, and memory remixes. The latter is actually the cool feature but only for the first time.
  57. Jun 9, 2013
    Definitely one of the games that made me think about future! The last one was deus ex.
    The background and the scenario are very interesting. I wish i can play more interesting games like those one more often !
    For a new studio, this game is really good and i will wait for their future titles. I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing

I liked the combo system which can be modified between each combat and make you enjoy doing more ultimates :D.

For graphics, i though they were also good, the cut scenes are fabulous !

Ok there are also some issues like the camera positioning is narrow streets, or the difficulty that is very varying.

To conclude EPIC Background, very good game but sometimes bad camera positioning.
  58. Jun 9, 2013
    I think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric shouldI think ill definitely remember, remember me because of the game's atmosphere created by its more than top of the line music, and its fighting system which felt similar to one of the most enjoyable fighting systems in a game (arkham city), without being a worst version of it(sleeping dogs) anyone who enjoys a story worth its own Hollywood movie, or a futuristic dystopic atmospheric should definitely get this.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10
    STORY:8/10
    SETTING:10/10
  59. Jun 9, 2013
    This game is special linear, graphics are not that great and it's kinda repetitive, but it's one of those games that story and atmosphere just wipe almost all the flaws.Narration is very good and artistic direction really helps the immersion. You need to try it first .If you are able to enjoy the game, you'll know that during the first seconds. If not, then you should be looking for another game
  60. Jun 9, 2013
    Unigue and rare beautiful sci-fi masterpeace with deep lore, astonishing attention to every detail and movie-like grapics. A must have for sci-fi heads.
  61. Jun 9, 2013
    I have no idea why no one likes this game. It has a very interesting plot with some great voice actors. The combat for the most part is quite interesting. If you start to get bored you can easily change your combo. The graphics are amazing, one of best I have seen from a pc game.
  62. Jun 9, 2013
    This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay.This is one of those times where I didn't listen to major reviewers, and I'm very glad I didn't considering how awesome this game turned out. My only gripe is that the game is too short--I didn't want it to end. The camera can be weird at some points as well. Other than that the game is good. Great combat, addictive soundtrack, good pacing, and perfect blend of cinematics and gameplay. It's like batman and uncharted had a baby. Expand
  63. Jun 9, 2013
    Just finished Remember Me. Damn.. what a game. I still can't believe the reception for it has been so lackluster. The game has it's faults, but giving this game a score of anything below a 6? Really?
  64. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making themI actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Expand
  65. Jun 9, 2013
    I've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and thoughI've been watching Remember Me for a while and when it came out I got it the second day after release. My first thoughts were beautiful graphics and it gave me that Mirrors Edge, Total Recall, iRobot feel right away, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im always looking for games that are different and unique, I've been playing games from atari 2600 til now and everything in between and though this might not be the best game its surely freshing and nice to play something a little different and new. I won't spoil anything so I'll keep it short

1.Graphics 9.5/10
    2.Gameplay 8.0/10
    3.Combat system 8.5/10
    4.Fun factor 9.0/10
    5.Music 10/10

Pros: The highlights of the game are the music and the memory remixes, where u play through memoires and alter different things about it to change the out come, its all real time FWD: Pause, Play, RWD type and I've never seen anything like it.

Cons: The only down fall this games has to me is that its not open world, not even close, but thats not enough to keep people from playing it and if they continue the series thats something they can improve on making a good game a great game.

Looking for something new and different try it at least.
  66. Jun 9, 2013
    Setting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". BackgroundSetting is great. There's a few nits (like how in Neo-paris, everybody is british) but it captures a cyberpunk like feel without being the bleak grey landscape occasionally spiced up. The game world seems artifically claustrophobic though, and I found myself guessing when I was going to be ambushed pretty accurately by following this rule "large room..must be a fight scene". Background music reminds me of blade runner, so it had a great ambience to it without being distracting.

Platforming: I didn't mind it, but there was a schizophrenic feel to it. for a game that spends a lot of time showing me exactly where to jump and move (via orange arrows pointing each step of the way) there were a number of twitchplay jumps that felt like they were put in just to irritate people. Early in the game, walkthrough tutorials are provided for very very basic puzzles (drop a wall between you and the drone so it cant see you!) while later QTE style chase sequences will probably require you to just die and reload a couple of times to get the pattern. This is not an Open world assassins creed type game, you are on rails. Not a bad thing, but something you should expect.

fighting: the combos give a lot of customizing, but if you're just a button masher you're going to make the fights harder on yourself than they need to be. There is a very specific flow and timing to combat, so regardless of what order you press your 2 buttons for combos, you'll need to master the identical combat timing for your 3 button combo that your 8 sequence combo will take. The combat sequences themselves are pretty run of the mill, with the boss character Madame being especially annoying if you don't have your combo timing down.

Remixing- this was my favorite part of the game, and while I can see how unfeasible it would be to end EVERY encounter with it, I sure wanted more control of using it, more potential targets for using it and even some more consequence and outcomes. Everything else in this game is something I could get in a different game, but the remixing is the truly distinct part. I played through a number of hours just waiting to use this mechanic and to see if it really mattered to the outcome. Nope, linear.

Story -is pretty good. There's a beginning a middle and ending. There is foreshadowing and misdirection. There is a twist beyond some sort of total recall swipe. Edge is a bit of a cliche, but most of the characters have something ditinct going for them.

Replayability- out of the box I don't know if Im going to bother with another playthrough for 'perfect remixes'. If DLC comes out that beefs up the memory remixing aspect of the game I can see myself going back in, but it's otherwise pretty linear.
  67. Jun 9, 2013
    Like some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you doLike some have said the game feels a mix of Tomb Raider/Prince Of Persia/Assassins Creed/Uncharted though unlike Lara this character fights well with or without weapons. The controls for the combat system get some getting used to but after a few fights it gets pretty easy to do and with the navigation help getting lost is hardly possible. The graphics are astounding especially when you do jobs and are leaping from buildings or climbing across the walls half the time it's almost hard to tell the difference when you're in a cutscene and when you're playing. The voices for the characters is pretty good though there are one or two that didn't quite fit still that doesn't hurt the gameplay. Unlike RE5&6 which sadly were somewhat disappointing for me this game will have you playing for hours without knowing it. Expand
  68. Jun 9, 2013
    There are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 conThere are two components to a story that absolutely hook me for the ride: 1)I have to want to develop an empathy with the character and, 2) obviously, the story. Despite the tragic frustration and borderline insult of not being allowed to explore the wonderfully sculpted world the game is framed within (it's incredibly well done, which makes the inability to explore the huuuuuuuge #1 con on this game)and the eventual tedium of being told by little jittering arrows where to go at every leap and turn, those two personal requirements of mine were handily and, to me, very satisfyingly met.

Nilin is great...for me, the voice acting was so deftly maneuvered with inflection and emotion I couldn't help but become deeply involved in the character and her progression in reclaiming her past. I also found her deliberation of the objectives and motive set to her by the character Edge to be refreshing; if she would not have been at least suspicious or questioning of the instructions and directives set to her by an unknown agent, I would have been at least dubious of her mission and subsequent actions and, therefore, less willing to buy into the story. Knowing she was conflicted allowed a bit of personal insight and empathy with the character in the sense of what was unfolding.

And I have to maybe sidestep a bit on my second requirement: the story itself was, maybe, just ok (perhaps a tad better), but the concept behind the storyline is what I view as still worthy of high marks. The groundwork and foundation of the context of the story was provocative and well-conceived, all the while being quite believable. The ability to manipulate memory was, to me, the most underutilized and most cathartic element to the game but, ya know, with as magnificent as the limited time was in this aspect, I think it must have taken a considerable amount of time to piece together the x's and o's to make this work so I suppose I can see why there wasn't wall-to-wall memory re-writes. Altogether though, the concept was very much appreciated in this land of rampant point-and-shoot fps for a guy who, while he enjoys some time in that certain genre of games, really aches for something different and substantive. And, hey, for me, Remember Me has got it.

If DONTNOD can take some constructive critisism on their effort here, I really really really hope they consider employing some of it into a very soon-to-be-released follow-up. I would be very eager...so just do it, ok?
  69. Jun 9, 2013
    The look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, andThe look, story and concepts are amazing. The platforming is a little clunky, but pretty fun when you are moving fast. The combat system is rhythm based and it works, with patience. It voice acting is hit and miss. It's great getting new IP's and I hope this one sells well so we get a sequel. Much like the improvements from Assassin's Creed 1 to 2 (The first game was great but flawed, and 2 fixed all the mistakes.), I can imagine the sequel coming out on Next-Gen machines and being a must-buy.

I consider this a must buy if you are a fan of something beautiful and different than the shooty games.

The parts that needed polish are not enough to detract from what feels like a new sci-fi epic, reminiscent of Blade Runner and other Philip K. Dick stories, and 1984. I give it 5 breath-of-fresh-air Stars.
  70. Jun 9, 2013
    What seems to be common from many reviews is the expectations that many people had going into the game, and either finished disappointed, or didn't finish at all. I will say that though Capcom's Remember Me isn't the best game ever, probably not even close, it is a unique experience in more ways than one, keeping my attention throughout the game.

Pros: Visuals This game is

Pros:

Visuals This game is beautiful. Every piece of the world and each character is incredibly detailed. The graphics do not make the game, but Capcom puts it to good use with one of the last new IPs of the current generation. The atmosphere of Neo-Paris is gorgeous, between the slums and the high end side, each area has it's own unique style, and probably one downside is that you don't get to explore Neo-Paris more than you do.

Combat Though not the strongest portion of the game, it's concept works, and works well. The meat of the combat system is creating your own combos. Now this doesn't mean you spend hours in a menu configuring buttons trying to come up with the best attacks. There are actually four preset button combinations, each consisting of either Square or Triangle (or X & Y for the Xbox 360). Along with that, there are four different modifiers called "Pressens", which allows you to power up each press of the button. The more experience you gain throughout the game, the more Pressens you unlock, allowing you to mix and match different types of modifiers within a single combo. For example: The most simple combo is Square, Square, Square. While the first press cannot be modified, the next two can, with modifiers such as stronger attacks or regaining health with each successful hit. Included with the combos are what's called "S-Pressens", which are power ups that help you gain a slight edge. These add a bit more strategy for when you face the tougher enemies.

Remixing Memories Possibly the best part of the game. These portions allow your character Nilin to jump into somebody's memory, alter certain portions of said memory, and force them to remember something that didn't actually happen. The general idea of remixing memories is to manipulate someone into either having regrets, changing what they believe in, or completely forgetting a life-altering event. Though there aren't too many of these sequences, each moment is fun and makes you think. Each remix gives you a certain objective, and you must alter some or all options in order to get the result you want. Very cool concept in my opinion, though would loved to have seen more.

Plot I won't spoil anything, but the story was interesting, unique, something different than the usual zombie outbreaks or military operations or what have you. It's an idea that was thought out, and used effectively.

Cons:

Voice Acting The only thing that doesn't drive the story as great as it could is the voice acting. Many games have that one "voice in your head" guide that tells you what to do and where to go. This is no exception, and like other games, this voice gets annoying along the way. Other characters just don't seem to fit in with the personalities that the game sets for them. This doesn't go for every character, fortunately, just enough to want to tell a few people to hush every once in a while.

General gameplay When you're not fighting or remixing, you're running, pressing, or climbing. The latter isn't too eventful. Platforming in this game is far from great.

Story length/Replayability It's a short game, and understandably so given the plot. Without a multiplayer portion in the game, Remember Me gives a great campaign experience, though not too much of one. And that's it. You may want to replay it to retrieve missing collectibles to learn more about the history of the city and the organizations involved. But the story is linear at best. Unless you're looking to get your platinum trophy, you may be trading in the game days after you begin playing.

Completion The great story is hindered by it's flat ending. There's a moment where I'm left wondering about certain characters you met earlier in the game and if they achieved what they really wanted.

Overall: I think this will be a sleeper hit. The concepts are unique, the visuals are gorgeous, and there are little things throughout the game that made me appreciate the design of the world and the characters. I personally do not believe it deserved IGN's 5.9 rating, and it's not 9 or 10 worthy. But it's a hell of a game and a pretty incredible experience. I recommend giving it a try, even if you decide to wait til it's on sale or the price drops. Or rent it. Whichever you prefer. Go with your gut!
  71. Jun 9, 2013
    Now I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think isNow I'll admit this game popped up on my radar in a bit of peer pressure as some friends really loved the look of it but the first gameplay shown didn't have me sold. But they a few days later another gameplay was released involving a helicopter fight of sorts that's when i started my own love for it. It was passed up by many gaming companies for its female protagonist which i think is quite a silly reason. Now the gameplay is a bit linear(keeps it from a perfect score cause i really want to explore this world more, but i cant bring it down to 8 or 7 just because of that because they DID introduce a world i want to explore and my own enviousness of the world shouldn't affect the game it's self) Now the story is solid.

If had to I'd give it a 8-5 to 8-7 if there was a story graph above on this rating thing. I say 8ish because it is a bit of a obvious scifi title and the story is a bit deep ya kinda have to be open to sci fi in general to really appreciate i as such I've graded accordingly so that linear, fighting gamers will know what they get into when considering it. The combo building is a bit blah at first but i really liked it and as someone who loves remember combos as it makes me feel like im learning stuff mid-gameplay amount my own memory skills. As a fan of the open world genre of games it IS a bummer that i cant do that here. The fighting combo remembering makes me remember how Sleeping Dogs caught me by surprise as a great game as well. I feel like a bad-A$$ beating people up as Nilin

Sounds are just top notch, the voice acting is about at English dub anime levels where they sound they could fit the character well but a part of you thinks they could have played it a little less or in some cases a bit more dramatic. Nilin's actress is top notch i will say. Now the game sounds are also great i often play with headphones to not to annoy a tenant i share a wall with and i was thoroughly enthralled with the game and fully immersed.

Now lasting appeal does get an 8 as that its about an 8 hour campaign that once again is very straight forward. But the game is still a great addition to my collection and i will have something to trophy hunt on till i get The Last Of Us in 10 days. The graphics are beautiful and i didn't notice many graphics bugs and if there were any they certainly didn't catch my eye or ruin the game.

Now full-disclosure I WAS spurred to do this because the so many reviews about this(IGN specificly god how i dislike them) were just so unfair so it may be closer to a 4 to 4 and a half but there are no halves and even 4 seemed like a dumbed down score. Honestly i preordered this read reviews last and was like OH GOD I made I HUGE mistake. Then i got it today, started playing it and had NO clue why this was was happening the game is so good and so great. The reviews had me believing that it was horrid filth with its bads far outweighing the good and thats just not true. All and all I really suggest you play this game please don't let the big name game reviews be the ones you go to for your game news. Trust yourself and trust your instincts I think you'll be pleasently surprised, I know I was
  72. Jun 9, 2013
    First Impressions are a big thing to me with games. In the first ten minutes of it this game immediately hooks you as you feel like you're really thrown into Nilins' situation. (main character)
    I only got to play it for about 45 minutes this morning but from what I can tell, the game play is very much a cross between the new Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia.
    The fighting system is rather
    The fighting system is rather unique in itself, as a dodge can break up a combo that was being executed, and the combos themselves are ones YOU make up and program in, as opposed to having to memorize them.
    As far as graphics and sound go, I'd absolutely say a 10 on both in my opinion. They're smooth and sleek with a LOT going on in the background on most levels.

In the end if you like a game where you can scale walls and buildings like Tomb Raider, have a fighting system like Prince of Persia where you can actively dodge, and a badass story line where social media gets way out of hand, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  73. Jun 9, 2013
    I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job.I made the title to make it clear that this is a very solid campaign game. I generally play multiplayer games i.e. Battlefield 3, but we all know that those types of games are made mainly for the multiplayer, leaving the campaign pretty poor. Remember Me went for an all-out campaign game and it shows. This is a very detailed game and the team that put this together did an astonishing job. The music, sound effects, the neo look are all great, but the story in this game is outstanding. The story behind Nilin will suck you in and you will look forward to when you can continue the journey in getting your memory back each time you have to quit the game.

As others have said you set up your combo moves which at first your hands will hurt just getting the combos pulled off. Once you get used to it it will be a little more fluid as the game notifies you when you have to hit either "Y" or "X" depending on whether your set up is for damage, self-healing, or cool down. Some enemies are tougher than others and at the end of Episode 2 I actually had to change the difficulty to the lowest setting to defeat the boss. That's another plus, being able to change the difficulty in order to prevent you from getting frustrated. Again, the story is so good that you will want to beat the heck out of foes in order to find out what's next.

If you are looking for a multiplayer game then pass on this one. If you are looking for a very solid campaign game that just sucks you in then do yourself a favor and pick this game up. Although, this game may be overlooked as I would have missed it if it wasn't for a recommendation from Amazon. I'm really glad this game found me and I think you will too.
  74. Jun 9, 2013
    Remember Me is an action/melee/platformer in every sense of the word. I've had a fun time playing this game and thought I'd break down my thoughts of why this is so.

Combat: I really like the customization feature of being able to select different moves (Pressens) with different benefits (power, regen, chain, and cooldown) and pick what combos are most comfortable for you personally as a player to pull off. You will learn additional moves as you go along, however the way this is done here is far from rpg-style gameplay; so do not expect that going in. You cannot button mash your combos as the game requires that you properly time yourself from one hit to the next. This, I think, has lead to a perception that the controls are unresponsive because the timing window from one hit to the next is very small. But, once I got the rhythm of a combo down I rarely had a problem finishing it. You fight a lot of multiple enemies, placed in arena-like portions of the map. Enemies tend to group up and their attacks will break your combos, so it is important that you plan ahead, gain space on individual enemies, dodge, and look for vulnerable openings. Sometimes, this is easier said than done as some enemies can leap from walls, block attacks, and so forth. If you just jump into a big group and start swinging or get yourself cornered, you'll get floored pretty quickly on any difficulty. Your special S-Pressens and your arm-mounted Spammer can also be great assets in the right situations; allowing you to turn robots on their masters and stun enemies for periods of time. All in all, the combat requires you to pay attention, be creative, memorize the rhythm of your combos, and think.

The World: NeoParis is an atmospheric and beautiful place. It really is a sight for the eyes. Familiar Parisian landmarks and architecture are spread throughout a world of flying drones, cables, slums, and futuristic skyscrapers. It is, unfortunately, linear. Not a great deal of open-world happens here. However, your objectives are always clear and helpful orange arrows give you tips on where to leap or climb to next. The game does hold your hand when it comes to directions and some gamers may feel it insults their intelligence which I can completely respect. I found the directional prompts useful largely because I didn't want to spend forever hanging from a pipe wondering where to go or what to do next. The non-enemy, non-essential NPCS do not interact with you very much. Some are busy in conversation with other NPCs, others talk to themselves, and some will give you a "I don't have time to chat" in one version or another. As long as you don't have a strong desire to be a social butterfly with NPCs, this means very little.

Collectibles: Like them or hate them, there are a few different collectibles to find in the game. Some, like the Mnemist Memories, give you information and backstory. Others, like SAT Patches, boost your health after every group of five that you find (which you'll occasionally get hints for via holo-screens). Despite being a linear game, collectibles are cleverly hidden around piles of trash, in building crannies, and sometimes behind shutters that you can open with your Spammer. I personally love to find stuff so having multiple collectibles was a great experience for me.

Voice Acting/Characters: Overall, not bad. The only hiccups I noticed is that Nilin's lips don't always sync properly when talking to Edge over the comm in her ear. The dialogue itself wasn't Shakespearean, but it was pretty well done, clearly heard, conveyed believable emotion for the most part, and suited it's purpose. Nilin is the only person in the game that really gets fleshed out as a character, but the devs did a nice job of making her a complex individual that is both driven yet also conflicted. It doesn't help of course that she has lost her memory right from the get-go and has to slowly work it back; forcing her to question herself and her decisions particularly during cutscenes.

Memory Remixing: This is a truely unique feature. You are able, at set parts of the game, to change the events recorded in someone's memory....or even accidentally glitch-out their memory. It basically works like a puzzle: You have to find the right things to change in the right order to get the desired result and complete your objective. Though you don't get these opportunities often enough, as has been one of the recurring criticisms, it's a very enjoyable part of the experience.

Achievements: If you're an achievement getter, prepare to be challenged. As a forewarning, snagging all of the achievements does require multiple play-throughs. But for the size of a game like this, it's not all that taxing.
  75. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me from Dontnod Entertainment is the french developers first game, and I can say with certainty that Dontnod will become a leader in innovating games.

Non spoiler story: Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the

Non spoiler story:

Remember Me is a fantastic game set in the Cyberpunk theme of Neo-Paris, a city built after a European Union Civil War in 2066. Humanity has become addicted to a new form of technology that allows the sharing and downloading of memories.

You play as a woman with a form of amnesia that if I explained more would ruin the story. Suffice to say that a lot of people want you dead.

Gameplay:

Gameplay reminds me of the Tomb Raider without guns, along with great memory based puzzles. Before you think "boring" and stop reading you should know that the memories are other peoples. You have the ability to alter a persons memories in a genius puzzle that lets you tryout different outcomes to what could have happened and warping your targets perception if his or her own reality. You can only do this a few times during the story which is a shame but it makes a great change of pace from the combat.

Combat:

Speaking of combat, you can unlock moves during the game and arrange them in any order you like giving you that ability to make your own combos! Enemies are varied and will keep you on your toes as you try to figure out how to best them.

As you go on other abilities become available and give you more puzzling and can also play a role in combat, but as I try to write spoiler free reviews I'll leave that up to you to discover!

No toilet breaks!:

If you have a day sick in bed (like me) you will beat it in a day but you can't stop playing to do so.

Graphics and sound:

With the exception of one hard boss fight that has some repetition, the voice acting is well enough for the characters, with the best acting going to the main character. It is a beautiful game to look at from the grimy under city to the richer upper city and small extras in the environment really bring out the immersion.

Out of Ten:

Graphics 9

Sound 8

Gameplay 9

Collectibles 7

Over all 9.5
  76. Jun 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. It is a good console-kind of an action. The best thing in this game is definitely the story. After just finishing blockbusters like Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 (a bit late on this one), the story of Remember Me really made an impact on me. At least I can tell you what it was about after a few days pass (unlike the other 2 games I just finished).

The idea it is

The idea it is focused around is pretty interesting and somelike of the movie Inception but instead of dreams, the focus here is on memories. The graphics are exceptional and the sound is good enough to keep you immersed in the story. The city it is based in is called Neo-Paris and is very interesting and beautiful (I played it on 3D and it was very rewarding). The story keeps revealing twists so you don't want to stop playing because it keeps tingling your curiosity even though the unvarying battles and jump and run gameplay are a bit simple. Good thing they are not long enough to bore you.

The gameplay itself is nothing new with the exception of the combos. Fighting is pretty straightforward with one button for dodge, and 2 buttons for 2 attacks. The attacks can be linked in pre-made by you combos in which every hit gives you some boost (dmg, heal, etc.) Battles are really easy with the small variety of common enemies and a few bosses which are also as easy. The other part of the gameplay is running,jumping and climbing on some edges and stuff in the city which is extremely easy. You have a pointing arrow thing which shows you exactly where you have to jump or go in every moment so very little time is lost in wondering. This is the biggest con for this game. It is very very linear. It is a pity having such a beautiful environment as Neo Paris and not being able to roam even a little in it.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that in such times of blockbusters, that awe you with graphics and constant action gameplay but are totally lacking any kind of story, a game like this is rewarding your brains and curiosity. Since the gameplay is really simple and easy I almost saw it like a movie just to satisfy my curiosity in the story, and was left with a rewarding feeling after I finished it.
  77. Jun 11, 2013
    This game is in fact a solid 8.0. But I am giving it a 9 since so many reviewers seem to be so polarized.
    Positives: Music, voice acting, soundtrack, graphics, character development and story are superior to most "interactive movies" that I have played.
    Negatives: Game is devoid of choices or freedom. I will say however this is a common sacrifice game developers make for the sake of story. Just know when you buy the game that it is basically an interactive movie progressed by button combinations. Not a game with any RPG elements, choices or freedom.
  78. Jun 12, 2013
    This game meets my expectation overall in terms of concept, story, and game play.. This brand new IP is worth to be explored and understood deeply if someone don't merely judge by the game play
  79. Jun 12, 2013
    I liked the story that is full of drama. The game's graphics are also very beautiful. But there are some errors: namely, not quite handy camera, and apparently because of the transfer is not quite right with the console, the game many a time stuttering.
  80. Jun 12, 2013
    I honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a secondI honestly really enjoyed this game. Lets start out with the pros. The environment looks great, i mean really really good. it's nice to see that the game's developers put a lot of time and effort into making Neo-Paris. Next, Nilin is an awesome character, and her voice actor delivers her lines very well. The game's story is also a really cool concept. The Sensen is basically a second brain you can buy to store memories inside, so as never to forget them. Sounds great, right? Not for long. Amnesia, memory theft and remixing, and the dreaded Leapers are all byproducts of this thing, and it's up to Nilin to stop it. Sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is, and the story should keep you entertained until the end. Now, onto some of the not-so-good stuff. The game's ending is a little, well, predictable. They could've added a little more in my opinion. Secondly, i can guarantee that the combat system will confuse you. I never really understood it honestly, and i doubt you will either. There are also some really cheap deaths, and when i say cheap, i mean really cheap. How was i supposed to know that the security bot would kill me in one shot, or that i couldn't jump down there. Finally, the bugs. No, not the technological parasites that infest the city, i mean glitches in the game's programming. I had to repeat several fights because the game couldn't register that i had killed everyone in the fight. It's the little things such as this that keep the game from being something truly amazing, though it is still a really enjoyable experience, one that i would recommend to anyone who wants some thing refreshing and new to try out. Expand
  81. Jun 15, 2013
    Really enjoyed playing this game. It has a great story and setting, which constantly kept me excited.
    Great characters and beautiful graphics. Definitely a game that I would replay and recommend
  82. Jun 15, 2013
    Combat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersiveCombat is tight, though the main difficulty comes from managing the order in which you dispatch enemies and maneuvering rather than whether you pull off the combos. The camera is a little loose, you will spend a lot of the combat actively refocusing the camera on the action, the comparison being with the Arkham games and Sleeping Dogs with their much cleverer camera AI. Very immersive story discussing very interesting themes about memories (obviously), power, oligarchy, privatized security and prisons and class warfare in general. Some of these themes are addressed superficially, some are discussed is more depth through gameplay.

The only cliché I have recognized is Nilin’s (protagonist) amnesia, though I’m fine with giving Remember Me a pass for this one as it is used to weave a very interesting story. Quick-Time Events and bosses without life bars need to be culled. I’ve noticed people pointing out the linearity of Remember Me, I’ve also noticed that this wasn’t a complaint of God of War… I don’t think that this is a legitimate gripe since the developers clearly didn’t design any sort of open world and still managed to show the player the future they’ve created. Not every game is sandbox, get over it. 8/10 for consistently satisfying and challenging combat and an interesting story with a believable heroine.
  83. Jun 19, 2013
    The game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hardThe game is simply great. Could take 10/10 if it was multiplayer/coop and with some more memory remixes. It's a great interactive movie, with a storyline so well written that it's impossible to not love it, a great immaginary society based on deprivation of will from people and total control from the high levels of the society. The combat system with combos is really nice, play in the hard difficulty and you'll have nice and hard fights. Expand
  84. Jun 20, 2013
    Remember Me for me is the NIER of 2013 with the only exception being the good looking graphics. Both start off pretty slow, but somewhere around the 25/30% mark of the game it completely sucks you in.
    Pros: A very good plot and narrative Rich atmosphere Awesome soundtrack Good looking A very good second half...
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a
    Cons: Game feels a bit like chore in the beginning A bit too much of a cinematic experience sometimes A semi-good case of inconsistency...
    It's not a near perfect game, but it's absolutely one you should check out just for the experience.
    Remember Me 8.25/10: YEAH!!!
    I really hope we see something again from DONTNOD and their universe
  85. Jun 23, 2013
    Remember me starts strong. Right from the get go your memory has been erased, and you are looking at screen, wandering what is going on, who are you, what is this all about and you feel the same with protagonist Nilin as she wanders brainwashed this futuristic "nazi" clinic that is obviously hurting its patients since screams are all around you.

Someone helps you, you escape and this

Someone helps you, you escape and this brilliant beautiful world of Neo-Paris unveils. The world in the game is rich, detailed and with a feel of fake happiness. You are immediately sucked in, but still with vague understanding of what is going on but the game lays out the story in nice little chunks, and what a story it is. So many new ideas, futuristic possibilities, philosophical questions the lot! I won't spoil it, just take it from me, story is amazing!

From a graphical standpoint game absolutely shines. Textures may not be the highest res, I am guessing do to consoles, but the use of light took my breath away a few times. I even walked other than ran most of the levels just to admire the level design and graphics.

Sound is also great rain sound different on metal rooftops or concrete, tunnels echo,... I like it. Those little details really remind you that the fame is polished, and that should be respected.

From the gameplay point, it falls a bit shorter. Obviously it's a beat'em'up, but with a twist. Instead of 4 weapons like DMC, you have 4 kings of punches and kicks power, health regen, powerup cooldown and double the previous one and you arrange the on predetermined combos. Sort of great, but there are only 4 combos, and emenies take quite a lot of beating so combat gets repetitive quite early. Each new enemy has new kind of strategy but that doesn't enrich the combat much more.

Other thing is parkour. Unlike Assassin Creed, it is linear, you can jump only where it is predetermined, so exploring this wonderful world is very limited; but I'll turn my blind eye on it. Because it's linear you are not roaming generic houses that get boring after some time, here you are lead through rich alleys, environments, rooms etc... and since graphics are amazing and world is very detailed I am glad it's like that. There is a moment when you are running away from a gunship again, very linear, but the places you go through are just so amazing. So there, I like it the way it is.

Plus there are some more amazing moments where you dive into someone's memory to alter it great stuff!

Think of it as Deus EX with a touch of DMC. And I you enjoyed Deus EX, you will absolutely love this one. I hope there will be a sequel that is how much I like it.
  86. Jun 26, 2013
    This game has many flaws as well as many strong points. While the combat was bad at best and the addition of better exploration and more variety in problem solving, the game has an absolutely fantastic story, creates an amazingly interesting world, has mind blowing music, and adds a great element through its memory altering bits. Overall it is not a perfect game, far from it actually, butThis game has many flaws as well as many strong points. While the combat was bad at best and the addition of better exploration and more variety in problem solving, the game has an absolutely fantastic story, creates an amazingly interesting world, has mind blowing music, and adds a great element through its memory altering bits. Overall it is not a perfect game, far from it actually, but it is not a bad game either. This is a very good game all things considered and even though it could have been even better with a bit more work, it is definitely worth the buy and it certainly does not deserve the hate it has gotten from some. I do really hope that DONTNOD entertainment returns to this setting in a future title that could fix up some of the problems that this one. By using better mechanics in the amazing world already created, DONTNOD could create a game that would certainly be one in a million. Expand
  87. Jun 30, 2013
    I was really anxious to play this game. I don't usually find out about games before they're released, but this one was different. I thought that the story seemed interesting, and so I got the game on it's release date. Right of the back I noticed it's unoriginal graphics. It is powered by the Unreal engine, but I was expecting something much more ground-breaking. The cut-scenes lookI was really anxious to play this game. I don't usually find out about games before they're released, but this one was different. I thought that the story seemed interesting, and so I got the game on it's release date. Right of the back I noticed it's unoriginal graphics. It is powered by the Unreal engine, but I was expecting something much more ground-breaking. The cut-scenes look lifeless, the voice actors give the characters very cliche personalities. As for the game-play, it's very monotonous. I loved remixing dreams, it's a very great, fresh idea. I would've loved the game to be based more on that. Sadly, it is overshadowed by dull combat mechanics, even on normal, I didn't have a challenge because of the healing pressens. The game tried to go for an Arkham City kind of game-play, but all that fails because of the enemies feeling like logs that you hit with sticks that are sketched over to look like arms and legs. I also had a few glitches playing with the controller, where the game would just send me in one direction, but I guess that's just a battery issue.

The game doesn't provide an interesting story, but rather goes the safe way. It has very forgettable characters, and it doesn't make you care about Nillin. A very cliche story and monotonous game-play makes this game miss out on a spot in anyone's top 10 games of the year list, but it's still a fun game. Not really worth the 40 euro price tag though. 7/10
  88. Jul 1, 2013
    I was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching theI was originally a bit skeptical about this game. And I will say the number one flaw in this game is the combat system is a bit bland and repetitive, and given the beautiful environment you had it would have been nice to be given a bit more of a option to explore around and such. While I do agree this is a lot of like a cinema game where a lot of the time you spend will be watching the story progress through cut-scenes. The actual story itself is something I enjoy watching. I would say you should wait for a steam sale or something of that matter before going out and purchasing it. Expand
  89. Jul 3, 2013
    I'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like theI'm about 1/3 of the way through and gotta say, its much better than I expected, I'm really enjoying it. Sure its linear, but thats necessary for storytelling. The gameplay is also nice and fluid, feels like tomb raider, assassins creed 3 and a platform game rolled into one. I like a good storyline, and the ability to manipulate memories in certain scenes is surprisingly fun. I like the main character, feels realistic and human, I like the story, hell, I even like the linear stage to stage process (which I normally don't). Expand
  90. Jul 22, 2013
    Le jeu mérite un 6 mais pas plus. Il est beau, l'histoire est intéressante mais le reste est fade:
    - on est dans un couloir
    - pas de possibilité de "mixer" le cerveau de qui on veut - combat plutôt simple - effet de passage de niveau trop l'ancienne - 6/8 heures de jeux pas plus à côté de ça, les mouvements du personnage sont bons et les combats très immersifs mais ça s'arrête là,
    - on est dans un couloir
    - pas de possibilité de "mixer" le cerveau de qui on veut
    - combat plutôt simple
    - effet de passage de niveau trop l'ancienne
    - 6/8 heures de jeux pas plus

à côté de ça, les mouvements du personnage sont bons et les combats très immersifs mais ça s'arrête là, j'espère qu'il y aura une suite qui corrigera les points négatifs que je lui reproche.
  91. Jul 27, 2013
    Remember me is a game which has taken me by surprise. Graphically it is STUNNING at max settings. The fighting does not flow as well as batman or sleeping dogs, however there are some nice custom combos and building up of skills as you progress through the game.

The game is very linear, which is good and bad. The tutorials are good and don't get in the way much. Story is so so but you will be too busy looking at the games scenery to mind too much.

Graphics don't make a good game, they only add to a good game to help make it great. Remember me has it's faults but is not as shallow as some reviews I have seen would make you believe.

I will definitely be recommending it to friends.
  92. Aug 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some games should just be movies and forget the whole gameplay element. Some people have taken this to heart and turned for instance Heavy Rain into a movie by recording and editing a game walkthrough.

Remember Me to me offers perfectly forgettable gameplay inter-spaced by a decent and interesting story. It doesn't get as bad as later Final Fantasy games were you just wished you could murder the guy that keeps tacking on yet more corridors filled with boring enemies but this game is the complete opposite of the early Tomb Raider games, I couldn't tell you their story but still remember some gameplay sections vividly. Just a few hours of later I could tell you about the early game sections of Remember Me but I do remember the story very clearly.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't want a heavy dose of story with a light touch of gaming. This isn't a Deus Ex (although the story setting is very familiar if more intimate) with lots of exploring and freedom and choices. This is on rails story game where you have the task of getting from A to B, clearing a room of enemies and remixing peoples memories.

And if the last idea has you all excited. Don't. It is an interesting concept but only used a handful of times, is awfully finicky and there is only ONE right solution although you can watch and see what the wrong combo's do.

The combat is forgettabe, a clone of the batman games although thankfully without the annoying habbit of getting killed by a dozen enemies with shotguns.

Good story.
    Average combat.
    On rails platform jumping.

But the story saves a lot... although truth be told, the main story is good, the world itself is pretty sterile. Things happen in it but you never feel connected, the game is actually really devoid of detail and supporting characters.

All in all, I rate it an 8. It is not a master piece but it did amuse me, I liked the story and it just worked, no broken gameplay, no unbeatable bosses. A competent game, play it for a bargain price when you need to waste a few hours with some simple gaming a nice "make you think but not to deeply" story.
  93. Mar 19, 2014
    Picked this game up on Steam for $10 on sale - I absolutely urge anyone who is an avid gamer to buy it.

I have seen a lot of griping about a number of things, and I hope to put some of them to rest. One example is that someone mentioned a seeming lack of imagination when it comes to enemies. To that, all I have to point out is that great games like Bioshock, for example, literally had like two types of enemies - Splicers and Big Daddies. That game is still widely regarded as a great title and this one is no different. Enemy archetypes are low in number, but the variance in enemies is by no means small. I found myself constantly enthralled by the evolution of enemies over time. It definitely felt like they were ramping up the the difficulty as time went on (when playing on the hardest difficulty) and therefore I think they did fine in this department.

Another thing people have mentioned is that they felt as though the combat system was strange or too simple - what have you. The combat system is exactly like what you would see in Batman: Arkham Asylum. It has that sort-of fluid momentum to it that I, personally, praise in video games. So, if you liked Arkham Asylum's combat system, you will like Remember Me's.

Things like the plot (I am about 50% of the way done) and the world seem to be wonderfully crafted. The world especially is breathtaking. In every chapter so far, there seems to be a subtle moment handed to the player to let them know that the environment is expansive and enveloping. It really does well, with the majorly-accredited musical score that accompanies it, in making the player feel immersed. The plot is interesting and holds up well to what I originally anticipated from the game.

Another major gripe seemed to be the interaction with memories and the player's ability to alter them. This was a minor pitfall in the sense that I felt like there needed to be more examples of this throughout the game. Still, in the examples that have occurred up to where I am currently at in the game, I have had plenty of fun trying to solve the puzzles. Sometimes you screw yourself, sometimes you accidentally alter it the wrong way - it /has/ to be limited to some extent but it is still really fun.

I gave the game a 10/10 simply because I think it is a fantastic game overall, an wonderfully immersive experience for players, and a great addition to any gamer's collection. If you can pick it up at $10, I would say it is entirely worth the cash if you have it on hand.

As an afterthought, here are some games that it contains elements of as a means of comparison to your tastes: The Bioshock Series, Batman: Arkham Asylum, elements of horror similar to those in parts of Dead Space and Dead Space 2, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, and even some relation to Dishonored. Super fun game, check it out in the very least and, if you get it, I definitely recommend tackling it with a controller.
  94. Mar 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is simply fantastic! Great Setting. The combats are a bit tricky at the beginning but in no-time you will be a decent hero! Climbing is easy, too. All you have to do is to believe that you already are aiming to the right side ;). I really enjoyed it! Nice Dystopia. Expand
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    Like many, I have to give this game my protest vote of 10, even though in a world that was just I could give it the 7 that I actually think it deserves. I do not understand the people who have rated this a zero.

PROS: Graphically stunning Excellent soundtrack New, unique IP that is well thought out Strong voice acting Interesting story CONS: Unintuitive control structure. It

PROS:
    Graphically stunning
    Excellent soundtrack
    New, unique IP that is well thought out
    Strong voice acting
    Interesting story

CONS:
    Unintuitive control structure. It would have been nice to be told "to rewind memories don't just tweak the mouse to the left like the icon shows, make large counterclockwise circles around your mouse pad" which is cool, but just not obvious.

The fighting system has a great premise (customize your attack/healing/special moves) but a bit clunky in the execution for a mouse and keyboard port (key mappings maybe would have been better).

The open world isn't nearly open enough. You have a fairly linear path through most of the game, and I would have loved to explored some of what I could see.
  96. Mar 29, 2014
    Remember Me is a game with a compelling story that drives the entire game. It is difficult to get invested in however. Without giving anything away, the game explores some dark, emotional, and philosophical ideas about a future in which memory has been monetized and commercialized, your character, Nilin, is the one to unravel the threads and find the truth behind herself and much more.Remember Me is a game with a compelling story that drives the entire game. It is difficult to get invested in however. Without giving anything away, the game explores some dark, emotional, and philosophical ideas about a future in which memory has been monetized and commercialized, your character, Nilin, is the one to unravel the threads and find the truth behind herself and much more.

Before getting into the story/characters, lets get the gameplay out of the way first; It's mediocre. The combat system starts out rather engaging, allowing the player to customize a series of combo moves (Pressen) to tailor fit Nilin for any specific situation. While engaging, the combat system quickly becomes extremely repetitive and hinges on the players ability to properly dodge and wait for cooldowns to become available. In addition, every substantial enemy (bosses, mini-bosses) ends with every bodies favorite thing...quick time events! The result is an unsatisfying one to say the least. I never felt like I actually defeated anyone as it's all done for you through the QTE's. Despite all this, the combat is not bad. It does require patience though.

Now on to the story/characters...The game is driven heavily by (obviously) the evolution of the story, but seeing as how nobody can remember anything (barring Edge), the weight of carrying the story falls to the characters and how they develop and interact, this is where I found it impossible to become invested in the game. The story by itself is good, but the characters that tell it to you are basically emotionless or otherwise reading some horrible line of dialogue. Most of the time you'll be wondering how the hell some of the lines made it to the final cut. This would be fine if the characters actually portrayed emotion through facial animations, something that is basically non-existent in todays gaming market. Instead, every character, whether in or out of a cut-scene or cinematic, has the same expression for everything. Happy, sad, concerned, fearful, angst (oh there's plenty of that), angry...it's all the same facial expression. This leads to extremely static characters, despite all the developing they're doing. In short, the main focal point of the game's story is told through static, boring characters with horrible dialogue.

The "gimmick", I suppose one could call it, of the game is the ability to influence and change (called Rewriting memories in the game's terminology) peoples memories. This is a great concept in the game and it is indeed fun when you get to do it. It is unfortunate that you only get the chance to do this four times (three if you played the demo, because that one is repeated). Still, despite this, it is a welcome part to the game and helps to break up the monotony of the extremely linear gameplay, the combat, and the between-chapter monologues.

Remember Me gets a 6/10. While it has it's problems, the saving grace for the game is a compelling story, even if it's told through robotic inexpressive characters.
  97. Apr 2, 2014
    Extremely underrated game, Beautiful graphics, great visuals, unique combat system, original story.

The combat system is kind of like a mix between Magicka and Batman where you put together long strings of combos using different types of attacks that do things like reduce time your cooldowns, heal, extra dmg, amplify the previous rune etc. there several different types of cooldowns you can use to boost dps, crowd control, mind control etc.

Where the game loses points is the parts that are actually challenging are a bit too spread out during the game but the great visuals and story more than make up for it imo.
  98. Apr 11, 2014
    POSITIVE for being awesome and trying something new and exciting and in most parts, succeding, even though it's DONTNOD's first game ever.

Pros: • Combat: - There are 3 types of attacks: Damage, Heal and Cooldown Reduction (for Special Powers), you unlock different and longer combos as the game progresses and as you level up you choose to unlock a new Kick or Punch for some type of

Pros:

• Combat:
    - There are 3 types of attacks: Damage, Heal and Cooldown Reduction (for Special Powers), you unlock different and longer combos as the game progresses and as you level up you choose to unlock a new Kick or Punch for some type of the attacks and se on your combos, you can mix them or use a specific one for each type.
    - The longer the combo, the better the effect (Damage, Heal, Cooldown Reduction).
    - No blocking or auto-counter, only dodging.
    - Smooth and good looking animation.

• Story: Awesome, gets very personal.
  99. Aug 7, 2014
    Although the combat is somewhat rudimentary and the style of play (and unskippable cut-scenes) limit replayability, the truly brilliant story-line makes this game a must-play. Honestly, the quality of the direction, writing, and score are better than in a lot of major motion pictures. If you have the means (and a 360 pad), definitely check this game out.
  100. Aug 29, 2014
    Well, like some other guy here, I don't believe this game deserves a 10 (would give it 710 or even 8), but I think that this game is highly underrated! So I gave it a 10 in order to balance things a little. (The metascore and critics reviews give the wrong impression, in my opinion.
    First of all - I must say this loud and clear, this game deserves to be played! You really should play it!

When I first played it, I was shocked by the not-too-good reception of the game and later on I figured out what was wrong about it.
    You can summarize what's wrong like this - this game could be, and promised to be, something big, different, innovative, even revolutionary- in terms of gameplay. It seems as if it even intended to do so, but didn't fully succeed.

What makes this game look so interesting is the fact that you're being a memory hunter. Messing with people's memories is not a concept often explored in common video games. The one extraordinary feature which raise this game above many others is the memory remixing - you'll have to remix people's memories in order to change their views, thoughts and actions. Sounds amazing, isn't it? And indeed, the few times you'll be doing this in the game are rather cool and exciting, even though it felt like the mechanics of the remixes was a bit too simple, it still felt really good. But as I said, you'll only be doing this a couple of times. Four actually, throughout the entire game, which isn't totally satisfying and makes you want more of it.
    What else will you do that's related to memories? Well, you're gonna steal some, replay some, and kill some, but it's all done with a few buttons' clicks and not in a very interesting way. And what else will you do? Well, you'll kick your enemies' butts. And climb. You'll also jump a bit, but you're gonna climb a lot.

And in Remember Me... it just isn't enough.
    The game is not very long, yet it might feel like you're playing forever, as the game gets more and more tedious in time when you feel like you fight horde after horde of enemies with cutscenes in between. The fighting isn't that interesting, and is generally easy, except for some parts in the game where it's not. But that's only because of the controls, which at first seemed fine to me, but somehow from the middle of the game and on I just felt like it all became too clunky and Nilin's movements didn't always have much to do with the buttons I pressed on the keyboard.

The platforming is not that interesting as well. It only gets long and repetitive in time. The only thing that makes it good is the gorgeous graphics and surroundings which I'll speak of later, and the somewhat-artistic camera angles which change and flow smoothly. But still, as I said, it gets long and repetitive, especially when you don't have much freedom of choice about where to go, and not even the illusion of it. There's almost always only one single path to follow, you can never wander too much, and many times when you do the game would quickly suggest you the 'correct' path or action that has to be done. That makes the game even easier, and makes you feel like you just follow a trail of cutsceneshordes of enemies at times.

So, yeah, gameplay-wise, the game is not necessarily brilliant. But now let's talk about the good stuff, which far outweigh the disappointing gameplay.

Remember Me is very much story-driven. It's purely a science fiction kind of story and yet it revolves around humanity and its mind, their memories and their urge to change or guard them. It isn't the deepest tale to be told but it has its insightful moments, and its a very personal and at times heart-touching.
    The cutscenes and dialogues which transfer the story are very well done, never too long and never too short, usually very interesting, and with very good and professional voice acting (Note: the game is fully dubbed in English, French, Italian, German, which is very cool!).
    The graphics looked absolutely amazing, and without requiring a super-high-tech-machine (Bought my computer in 2010, even back then it didn't have the best specs possible. The game worked very nicely on my machine on High graphic settings). The world of Neo-Paris seemed very wide and detailed, colorful and alive, with my only complaint about it is that the game won't let you explore the environment much - as I said earlier, it's very linear and many obstacles would make you walk in a specific one way instead of exploring the world around you which seems so interesting and eye-catching.
    The soundtrack of the game is beautiful, combining symphonic and electronic tracks together (trust me, it's good!) which integrate brilliantly with the game and battle sequences.
    The collectibles are nice, not too hard to find usually, but gives you some interesting information to read about the peoplesurroundings around you.

In short(VERY short)- Amazing storytelling which absolutely overshadows disappointing gameplay (the memory remixes totally worth it, though)
  101. Jun 10, 2013
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere +Design +Art Direction +Cutscenes +Music +Acting ++++Remixing Memories ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy) ++++++ Story +/- Combat - Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will) - Some glitches and bugs - Confusing combat combos menu - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo -
    My cons and pros for this game.

+Atmosphere
    +Design
    +Art Direction
    +Cutscenes
    +Music
    +Acting
    ++++Remixing Memories
    ++++Puzzles (2 of them but worthy)
    ++++++ Story

+/- Combat

- Cutscenes unable to skip (i don't mind but some will)
    - Some glitches and bugs
    - Confusing combat combos menu
    - Combos not really usefull except two maybe. I didn't even make a fourth combo
    - Linear level design

So my final thought is. If DONTNOD get a chance to make a sequel they should make the level design more like Mass Effect with side quests. And they should also iron out the game and fix the combat. BUT, i applaud them for the atmosphere, story, setting, music, acting and allround feeling.
    And also, the remixing memories part and the couple riddles are always a welcome plus.

For me it deserves 8.5/10

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Remember Me is a competent action game that never really excels. The story is wasted and the platforming is poorly implemented with the rest of the game. Still the combat system is interesting and the framing around memories is at least somewhat original.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 9, 2013
    A game with great potential, great setting and great music. However, it's knocked down by its incomplete implementation of the original ideas and its frustrating battle system. [Issue#231]
  3. Jul 8, 2013
    There are a lot of ideas packed into this game but I feel like if they would have cut back on a couple of the concepts to focus more on the story then this could have been a real stand out game. As it is now Remember Me is more appealing when it gets cheaper or if you have absolutely nothing to play.