5.7

1. Jun 22, 2014
    How CLOSE TO THE SCREEN DO YOU WANNA BE!!!!!!!!!! such a joke.The game would be a good game but the dude takes up half of the screen what the hell? Resident evil 5 was much better at least that was playable.
  2. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm biased. Resident Evil on PS1 is 1/2 of what started me on gaming in the first place. I loved 1-3, played them through all their secrets. GameCube's RE4 was, I thought, the awesome next step. RE5 didn't feel like RE. I HATED the parasite attached to my character making a solo play impossible because there was no way to kill her off and keep going solo. She also ate resources. Coop play is a fantastic idea but only if it's not required. The landscape also sucked. Chris was also tired. Anyway, onto RE6.

PROS:

THE PARASITE: The co-op critter attached to you can be ignored. It can't die and it doesn't drain your resources. Ignore it and you'll be fine apart from waiting on a few doors to open.

ATMOSPHERE: More of a return to what RE should be, over that RE5 debacle. Each line is different. Leon is kinda standard. Chris is more in tune with RE5 (kill him off already), but limited so it's ok. The Jake line is a newer take that I rather liked, with a different approach to fighting without a gun. Not so much on the puzzles but a step closer to where we need to be.

GAMEPLAY: A little bit of everything. There's a snowmobile chase scene. I didn't think I'd like this, but I did. Defend against a harrowing ambush in a snowy cabin only to escape out the back onto a snowmobile for a refreshing change of pace. Stealth-ish options in the Jake/Sherri sequence. A car chase. With guns. A bit of flying with some shooting. A motorcycle chase, again with guns. All these just feel like a little respite from the shoot and splatter bits, a way to segway into the next bits. The Ada story (played last for storyline sake) is solo and can be somewhat stealthish in parts, though there is co-op available. The way her line was structured is how co-op should be...truly optional.

PERSPECTIVE: They brought back perspective flipping by playing through as different characters. Two flips within 3 storylines...and 3 storylines. Six playthroughs if you like. Weapons exclusive to each character. Motives. Secrets. More of a return from the RE5 crap.

REACTIVE MOBS: Evolving monsters like in RE4. Shoot a mob in the arm, they adapt by growing a super armor arm that they then use to shield themselves almost completely...forcing you to go for an ankleshot unless you have a grenade launcher or some such. Leg shots...similar problems. Head...well, sometimes they sprout a new one. Shotgun blast to the chest....sometimes they blow up into a walking bioexplosive...but you can use these to bomb other mobs. They have snipers too.

INVENTORY: The wheels are nice. Herbs finally get their own special place, with a hotkey for fast eating.

JAKE: Good addition to the traditional eyeroll, Class B horror flick drama of RE.

GODZILLA: Zombie style.

CONS:

BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY. WHY? Why do I have to bang on keyboard and mouse with such repetition that my wrist muscles burn and my fingers cramp? There are some escape sequences that require this BS to such a degree that it almost makes me quit and purge the game from my system entirely. (See: Sherri/Jake doors and drill sequence).

CHASE BUTTON MASHING: OMFGWHY kicked up to the tenth power. (See: Chris storyline escape seamonster sequence). This is exacerbated by forced camera flipping which turns your W key from backwards to forwards to sideways in a blink. I played this for 2 hours on fail. Came back again out of stubborness. Got it, but only by rote memorization of key stamps and clicks to the end. Start over to take it another 2 feet, die. Start over again to add yet another 2 feet, die. Rinse/repeat until you know each camera flip and key mash. Like learning Morse Code on the fly and putting it into keyboard/mouse gaming controls. This gameplay fxn needs to be erased. It's tedious instead of challenging. Gamebreaking for many.

HEADSHOTS: Why doesn't a headshot do anything to a typical zombie?

CHRIS: Why isn't he dead yet? From a steroid induced aneurism if nothing else.

DIFFICULTY: Doesn't feel like survival horror, just urban landscape biohorror with guns and much ammunition.
  3. Jun 4, 2014
    People keep saying the worst RE, i dont think so... just because it dont keeps the same gameplay? this is the RE story if you dont like it just dont play it anymore and stop complaining :>, very funny to play with friends , co-op or versus, the campaigns are really funny to play on hard mode with friends, and the story is not all that sh.., search more about the game or just play it to the final before judge it. Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2014
    I'll be synthetic. The game is filled to the brim with entirely gratuitous scripted actions. I hate those. Many scenarios are likewise gratuitously slow. I hate that. Zombies' reactions to attacks reek of brawler games. Tekken wasn't as clumsy though.
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen
    different guns on him, with negligible amounts of ammo for each. Immersion: zero.

It's amazing how a game which starts so similarly to say, RE3, fails to convey any basic feature which made such an old game fun. You can't feel alone (you're not), you can't feel lost (press the Q key), you can't feel in danger ("Continue?" As if it were Tekken), you don't feel scared. I'll never even try a RE game again after this.
  5. May 9, 2014
    It's sad. Capcom does not know what they are trying to do. This game is nothing and still everything. The story has plotholes. It's filled with QTE which suck. It's not even remotely scary. But the graphics are good.
    Well Dead Space 1 and 2 are much better then this. Looks like the Survival Horror genre can only be saved by indie developers.
  6. May 7, 2014
    this was the most terrifying most hated most stupid most most awful most vs..vs.. its actualy the worst resident evil i ve played in my life in fact its not resident evil its something different..you CrapCom SHOULD give a new name to this game because its not resident evil....! i gave you ZERO point which means nothing
  7. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game and the history of leon median and delayed but the gameplay and good, I liked chris so that the gameplay is not as good as that of Leon jake and the median in all, the story and gameplay and the ada and fantastic, and play with this amazing lady! Expand
  8. Apr 23, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Resident Evil series this by far destroyed my dreams. This game could not have been less fun to play, its no longer a survival horror game. This is a action adventure game with more quick time events than I care to count. There are multiple stories playing out in this game at the same time. Somehow they all manage to converge on each other in someway or another. Yet somehow the original game in the series started off with zombies and actual scares this game seems to make me laugh more than scare me.

Gameplay: Overall controls are easy to get the hang of and its not a difficult game by any means. It is however a terrible and boring and if you are familiar with the series at all then I don’t know how you can even consider this game worthy of the name Resident Evil. It’s a confusing mess with quick time events and stop and shot tactics that get old very quickly.

Graphics: Game runs smoothly and is up to date on todays graphic engines, isn’t anything you haven’t seen before but it maybe the only saving grace this game has is the fact that it looks decent.

Replay Value: None, beat the game and you will never want to touch it again. That is if your lucky and do manage to play through the entire game!

Overall this game is a complete waste of time and money. Wouldn't even want to play this game if it was free.
  9. Apr 23, 2014
    For people like me who don't care so much about details in graphics or so much about realism and technical stuff,RE6 is a great game,with a very good scenario and a lot of nice action.It is much different than the other REs,but in a quite successful way
  10. Mar 26, 2014
    I don't understand how these huge developers continue to mess up their games with poor design choices. The overlapping story structure isn't fun. It cheapens the campaigns with repetition that only escalates as you clear them. Why did they ever give up on the exploration/puzzle/supply conservation/equipment upgrading aspects of the series? Everything that was unique about it was junked for a cookie cutter shooter plagued with an endless string of button mashing qtes and about 300 miles of chase scenes. The only RE tradition still intact is the terribly cheesy dialog. Expand
  11. Mar 21, 2014
    It is NOT horror,it is an action/shooter game.I am a huge RE fun,it is my favourite game of all time(especially RE and RE3)but this is not RE I love.No puzzles,no object finding,just shott and shoot.Last good RE game was 4th.
  12. Mar 16, 2014
    Great game, I played it only in coop with friend, so idk about SP experience, but coop is too much fun, its awesome, how sometimes, there are different paths for each player. Characters models are very detailed, some textures in levels are not as good, but they are fine. Game has nice variety of enemies, which is pretty cool. All campaigns are different, which is one of the coolest ideas i seen in games, tho Leons story is most Resident Evilish. Controls are sometimes clunky, but i cant complain, its easy to get used to them. Game story mode has 30 hours of gameplay. IMO its an amazing game, i got it for 6$ and its a steal for such price. Expand
  13. Feb 27, 2014
    If you are a fan of Resident Evil I would definitely say give this a try, it's a good game, it's just nothing at all like the originals. In my opinion the games lost their "evilness" after RE 4, But still a great game, the controls are solid and the story is acceptable.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    Dont understand this RE6 whining, i have many friends who play this game and we play 2gether online, its hell of a fun, i dont have anything bad saying bout RE6, good game refreshing to see something new in RE series.
  15. Feb 4, 2014
    Although Resident evil had great upper-hand in horror action genre third person shooting from Biohazzard 4 (The most anticipated series of year) to Resident evil 5 with epic game play .. but 6th installment made me very disappointed with no deep story , They need to do some great deal of hardwork on every pillar of Game especially on storyline and characters
  16. Jan 27, 2014
    Awful. Where should i start? The graphics, not suitable for the time it is published. The audio seems ok. The controlling is just pure crap. Capcom did made a game that you cant really control and that is their difficult lever, ergo a fake difficulty because of the lack in programming an intresting combat system. Additional to that, the savepoints are set horrible so that you really have to be in luck to survive and has nothing to do with skill in gameplay. This biohazardpart is the most ugliest Resident Evil of all time. Capcom destroyed this wonderful franchise, please stop making more! Expand
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 was so bad that I didn't even finished the whole game. It had difficult controls, annoying texture glitches, and bad camera angles. But the story, setting, and character design was pretty good.
  18. Dec 28, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game. Perhaps it looks nice and cool, but behind the good graphics is a game with uninteresting and way too long story, no atmosphere how it should be, bad controls and very stupid enemies. I played Resident Evil 5 and it was much better, even without horror, but here the want you to be scared and don't make it.
  19. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is just bad, it seems Capcom no longer has any clue as to what RE is and what direction the fans want it to go RE4 was a great game but it should have been called something else, ever since that game RE has been a joke and RE6 being the biggest .
    Capcom have already said they will listen to the fans for the next game but I can tell you now they wont RE is dead and the only
    thing that could bring it back is another remake of the first 3 with survival horror at it core not QTE action or Capcom letting go of the license Expand
  20. Dec 8, 2013
    Why don't I just watch a movie. This game once again abandons everything that made resident evil 4 such a good game. Sure the graphics are good and the invisible snake fight is pretty awesome but the game is basically everything people hate about call of duty.
  21. Dec 7, 2013
    Loved the campaign idea with 4 different stories, and based on that I thought I would be replaying this game over and over as I did RE5. Sadly it did not work out that way. 1 Play through on normal and done.
    This game is TERRIBLE, an absolute embarrassement of the RE series. The RPG element capcom added in RE4 & RE5 was exactly what the series needed, so they totally destroy it with this
    new stale skill system. I'm sure it looked good on paper being able to switch 3 different sets of skills around, but just doesn't work and it's not fun.

I get that this game was set to be more action packed...but the QTE's are just a total buzzkill. If I wanted to play "track n field" every few minutes, I'd fire my NES up.

When you figure in the bad camera angles, and controls into the mix... you have a pile of hot garbage.
  22. Dec 5, 2013
    All that Resident Evil has best been simply discarded in this horrible game (horrible in the worst sense there). It really is the worst game in the franchise. An ambitious project of a game that abandons all backgrounds deserve the total contempt of fans. The only things that this game has to Resident evil are names of people (Chris, Leon, Sherry, Ada) and zombies.
  23. Nov 22, 2013
    This game isn't poopoo! You silly children. Your reviews are poopoo! Play it. Don't smell out click bait reviews and just copy those. This game I admit SHOULD ONLY be played CO-OP Online. Not split screen or solo. The boss battles are sometimes questionable but it wasn't as repetitive as past RE games. (As in shoot in face for 15 seconds, then wait 20 sec then repeat 20 times.) Sure it's over the top. But it wasn't as over the top as Wesker just teleporting all over the place, with the only way to possibly beat him is to either A, use a Rocket Launcher; or B, shoot at him constantly for 30 mins. Can not be compared to Resident Evil 4 since the zombiez (T-C-V or whatever virus) virus has gone global not just in a low populated countryside village. And resident Evil 1 was not scarier the only thing scary about that game was graphics, gameplay, voice acting, inventory system, camera angles and the controls. Don't go pulling "oh when that dog jumped through that window, I nearly fell out of my window. (The only reason most people like it is mostly nostalgia.) Gameplay is much improved; doesn't feel like you have played it quite before. UNDERRATED. Expand
  24. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again. Making garbage poorly designed games. This is just a cash grab. Everything about this game is garbage. Gameplay, story, graphics, characters etc.
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    is a good game... i have played every single RE game there is, u wont be be disapointed, the gameplay have changed a lot since the first RE game, but is still a fun game...
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings with regards to Resident Evil 6; on one side it was a solid action shooter and on the other it was dragged out, lacked any real horror aspect, contained unnecessary amounts of QTE’s and generally held your hand a little to much… The game does look fantastic and it’s very flashy, but the game is built as a series of battle arenas with corridors between them… I really do miss the exploration and re-visitation aspect that the games used to have… This game also has four separate campaigns which (too me) all felt to closely tied together meaning you often killed the same bosses from a different perceptive and felt like a easy way to extend the length of there game… It seriously is a jack of all trades and master of none… However, I can recommend this if you want a shooter, but this made all the same mistakes as Resident Evil 5; plus a few more… Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is great if you are RE fan you will love this one. Its like 4 games in one, You can choose 4 campaign. The graphics is good the story great. I don't know why others don't like this game this resident evil is the best of all the episodes.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    I enjoyed this game the story kept me interested right to the end and I ended up playing every campaign. That being said there are some irritating camera angles you have to deal with, and some pointless quick time events, for example pressing a button (does not matter at which time it just needs pressing) does not require a quick time event to do it. That being said I still think this is definitely worth playing Expand
  29. Oct 27, 2013
    I played all the Residents that were released and even if the form changed from pure horror to an action game I still think this is what I was waiting for. I don't understand why this game is getting so much criticism. I had a great time playing campaign in co-op with my friend and I think that they should make more games like this. The only reason i am not giving 10 is the fact that i don't like QTE and there is a bit too much of them here :P. Fighting system boss fights are awsome. That's why I would really recommend everyone to play it before reading other comments because i thing this game is really worth buying. Keep up the good work Konami :D Expand
  30. Oct 21, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is like buying a lottery ticket, you always regret buying one later. The game franchise started out as when of the best survival horror games on the PS1, but through every game, the quality slowly went downhill (with the exception of the remake on the gamecube). Fans of the original games will be very disappointed in the game. It is a complete run and gun game with little to no strategy, you just turn off your brain and kill zombies and little to no difficulty. The game on the hardest difficulty just increases enemy health and numbers while giving you less ammo, which if you know how to aim (which is really easy on the PC version) is a cakewalk. There is no exploring a location, you just keep moving forward killing zombies. After beating Leon’s campaign I found it very hard to move on. This is the one game that should’ve never been made. Expand
  31. Oct 17, 2013
    Bullet points: +Great graphics and sound +One of the lengthiest Resident Evils -poor mechanics (no methodology to killing enemies. Example: takes 3-7 headshots while micromanaging a flimsy reticule to kill a standard zombie) -clumsy controls (you will kick into space often) -loss of control of protagonist (most damage incurred feels "cheap" and unavoidable) Essentially this is a step back for the series; where as Resident Evil 4 and 5 had horror and action elements, this has almost only action. The best way I can describe it: whether you are playing RE1 on the PS1, or RE5 on the PC, by the end of the game you are far more skilled at dispatching enemies. The cheap hits preclude this skill curve and you will feel no more adept at the end of the game than in your first hour. I can say that this was first Resident Evil that genuinely not fun to play a few hours, which is surprising considering the obvious expense and time it took developing the game.

Capcom; please enlist more play-testers from multiple nationalities if you want to continue this franchise, preferably some who can give you the raw truth as to whether your game is fun or not before pushing it out the door.
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    This game could barely be considered a "good try" if amateur developers had put it together. But, when competing with previous versions of the same franchise and the onslaught of new zombie genre successes like Left 4 Dead, it seems insulting.

The controls aren't unintuitive, they are counter intuitive. The story is vague and bland and death occurs due to controller glitch far more
    often than player mistakes.

Worst for me is that they reduced a once great franchise to a more boring version of Dragon's Lair-They made the whole thing a slightly dolled up, linear, rail-shooter. What's next, midi soundtracks?

There is no excuse for this game.
  33. Oct 13, 2013
    A good action game, has a good thriller and a very creative story with characters meeting during the game, the more reality to the plot, just missed a little more challenge puzzles.
  34. Oct 13, 2013
    Capcom, what have you done with Resident Evil?! I should have listened to the bad reviews and stayed away. This is one of the most awfully designed games of all time. You don't play this game, you are being dragged through it. It's like watching a bad action film, except you have to push some buttons from time to time to keep the sequence going. They never let you immerse in the experience or get engaged, because they felt the need to distract you every five minutes with an annoying cutscene, which are pain to watch thanks to the shaky camera movement and the dull content. The little stuff you have to do is pushed in your face, even the most obvious goals. Feels like it was made for mentally challenged people (and I think it is really the case). Dear Capcom, this was the last time I wasted money on your games. Expand
  35. Oct 12, 2013
    I like the stages and cutscenes but I hate the gameplay. The move is stupid and it's easy to have unnecessary interactions with the objects during battle, which easily leads to death. The camera is sometimes annoying. Some QTEs are irritating. I finished all campaigns once and don't want to play them for the second time. I still give this game a 8/10 just because Biohazard is one of my favorite game franchises. Expand
  36. Oct 12, 2013
    not bad for a game
    but as most of what people have probably said, this isn't a good successor to the resident evil franchise, I LOVED the first 3 and code veronica, this is kinda action oriented, BUT a lot better than RE5
  37. Oct 4, 2013
    My biggest problem is how this game feels. No i do not mean controls, I mean it's pace, it's movement, how the game played. Resident Evil 4 gave us a new RE experience, and it was a great one. The feel of that game was unique to itself. Such as the way you had to hold down a button to run, or not being able to move when shooting, which in turn made the player back away from any enemys before proceeding with firing again. Even RE5 had this feeling, it may have lost the creepy environment, but it felt like RE4 which was a good thing. Hell RE: Revelations should of been RE6. Cause that was a GOOD RE game.

RE6 throws these away for some kind of cheap action experience. No longer is the player in much danger when he is constantly running, no longer does the player have to back away from fights. It all comes down to the way it plays. If RE6 played like Revelations, 5, or 4. I would of loved this game.

Capcom seems to be confused on what they should deliver to it's public. They better figure out quickly before shoving trash like this out to us again.
  38. Sep 24, 2013
    i am really disappointed with capcom as they ruined my favorite game series ever what happened to resident evil why did it turn from survival horror to third person shooter the story is so shallow gameplay is not good i gave this game so many chances but i never get myself to finish it so repetitive and so insulting for every fan of the series
  39. Sep 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Impressive, with a touch of old school and some new, Resident Evil 6 may be a place of horror and action, depending on which character you relate to more, not to mention the breathtaking cinematographic scenes and perfectly designed to take to realistic, taking everything good in previous installments, discarding bad ideas and adding one of the most stunning and dramatic Horror stories of the moment, besides adding the QTE (quick time event) to revive your survival instincts to get a strategic move to kill your enemy or have the misfortune to get your death.
    Resident Evil 6... my favorite game and I recommend it to you...
  40. Sep 19, 2013
    Did i like the old REs? Yes. Do i like them now? No. They were good for their time, when technology didn't allow for a lot more than bad controls, camera, motion capture and terrible voice acting was the norm, but they have aged very badly. Revelations and 6 are the evolution that this franchise needed. No longer does your character move like a tank. No longer does it rely on cheap, ineffective horror. It's a full blown action game with great controls, satisfying combat, better writing and voice acting (though it's still nothing special in that area). It's also quite long.. if you don't rush it, it can take you 30 hours to finish all campaigns and then there is still more stuff to do.
    All in all, great fun and the best game in a franchise that really needed to forget its mediocre roots.
  41. Sep 7, 2013
    Residen Evil to seria która przeszła wręcz wszystko. Była serią która rządziła jako świetny survival horror. Była serią która miała swoje wzloty i upadki. Zasłynęła jeszcze bardziej przy bardzo dobrej 4 jak i pogorszyła się przy tracącej klimat 5. Spadła wręcz do zera po wydaniu fatalnego Racoon City i pokazała że coś jeszcze potrafi ukazując Revelations. No i wreszcie nadeszła 6. Już przed premierą fani starego RE rzucali obelgami na ten wybryk. Ja jako w pół fan RE muszę przyznać że 6 zaskoczyła mnie. Czemu? Po pierwsze: W porównaniu do 5, jest to o wiele lepszy Resident Evil jak i survival horror. Po drugie: Oceniam głównie kampanię pierwszą. Dziwi mnie to że twórcy wpakowali nam 4 kampanie z czego 1 jest dobra, 1 jest fatalna a pozostałe 2 średnie. Ja skupiam się głównie na pierwszej kampanii. chodź muszę powiedzieć iż gdyby nie było by pozostałych kampanii, wystawił bym większą ocenę. Fabuła. RE pokazywał już wiele ciekawych pomysłów. Brakowało mu jednak tego co zostało pokazane w 6. Wręcz koniec świata. Nareszcie wszyscy dowiedzieli się do czego znany jest "wirus". Nareszcie poczułem że ratuje świat a nie tylko samego siebie. W tym wypadku RE stracił jednak trochę na klimacie, który i tak według mnie odbudowuje się wraz z rozwojem kampanii. Graficznie nie jest to szok, ale da się to wytrzymać. Twórcy ciekawie przedstawili przeciwników(zresztą jak zawsze w serii) do tego modele postaci itp. Zostało zrobione naprawdę dobrze. Twórcy dodali parę dobrych nowych elementów przez co RE przeszedł zmiany(według mnie, potrzebne po tylu częściach), aczkolwiek wielu fanów chyba przez następne parę lat nie zrozumie że RE po prostu potrzebuje zmian. Oczywiście z umiarem, i zrobionych tak aby RE był takim survival horrorem jak chociażby 4.(Przypominam, moja ocena głównie odnosi się do pierwszej kampanii). Moja ocena 8/10 Expand
  42. Sep 5, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is spit into faces of all true Resident Evil fans. Unbelievable how terrible game can be in present accepted as "good" game. Lets face the truth. Resident Evil 6 is boring, its parody on Call of Duty and Helen Harper is always like: "Not now, its complicated, I wont tell you a sh*t until we came there." Leon S. Kennedy campaign is embarrassing. When bus drive off the road because on the road was one half-dead zombie, you will laugh really hard. Then you will wander through cemetery few times from start to beginning like a fool and end up in some ridiculous underground catacombs.
    But the best has not yet to come. Campaign of Chris Redfield is pure joke. Truly this is some parody on Call of Duty or I don't know. In some eastern Europe village you shoot probably some ugly zombie-communists armed with guns and you feel like you play everything else, but not Resident Evil.
    So, finally you can walk when you aim or shoot, but that will not change anything this game is pure crap. I don't even finished Chris Redfield campaign, because it sucks really hard. This is typical game for naive new-gamers who don't know and never played finest old Resident Evil games. Remember Resident Evil is dead, this new Resident Evil is just fake. Ugly, bad, horrible fake. Don't dare call this game Resident Evil, its offensive. Rename this on: Call of Zombies.
  43. Aug 21, 2013
    The game is awesome! It exceeded all my expectations. I don't get why people consider this game to be poor. Hey, where on Earth in 2013 you can find such pc game with split screen mode? I completed all campaigns with my friend and this is fantastic. You share your pills, shells, give up everything to bring your dying friend back to life, give him a boost to get to hard-to-reach places. I like the story line. There were moments when I shed some tears. Every campaign is special. My favourite is Jake and Sherry. All chapters are absolutely different. And you can't complete it without cooperated work with your partner. Expand
  44. AWG
    Aug 12, 2013
    Not really what I was expecting. I thought I had to fight infects in a set of very creepy and somewhere scary scenarios but this game was neither creepy nor scary (at least, in the first two hours, then I dropped it). All you have to do is watch unoriginal cut-scenes (I'm not against cut-scenes and I like to enjoy well-done... but those from this game aren't good at all) and basically do what the game tell you to do, when it tell you. Pretty dull. Also, too many characters: who wants to be a lady if there's no Jill choice? Mediocre. Expand
  45. Aug 6, 2013
    This game is for the most part lots of fun. The only reason I gave it a mediocre score is that I have never seen a game where the player has so many controls and constraints. You are told when to shoot, where to go, and how to get there. The player has few choices. Likewise, the cut scenes were exremely intrusive and didn't allow me to get into a rhythm. Finally, as one reviewer on Steam reported, this game is actually very complex in terms of melee combos and equipping weapons. There is a long learning curve in this game. Overall, I would recommend waiting until the price drops before investing in this game. Expand
  46. Aug 6, 2013
    People are angry when they play the same thing over and over again with no changes and innovations.
    ...and people are angry when developers try to do something different and new. I loved the storytelling, different campaigns and the game did not bore me.
    I would give this game 7-8/10, but because people are acting like this is something awful, I will give it a ten.

for converting this game to PC. Expand
  47. Jul 27, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was a great experience to me i hope Re 7 will be just like this. but now i just pissed that they decide to reboot (i dont know where) the franchise thanks to fanboys (damn you to hell fanboys.)
  48. Jul 26, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 was yet another blow to Capcom's reputation. This thing was AWFUL! It reeks of poor porting but I'm sure they've patched things but I'm never going to find out because I'll never touch this again. EVER! I don't even wanna do this review but I feel obligated to. BTW this game is not horror at all. It's pure action. As many explosions happen in this... it's just... yeah.

If it had a decent story I'd talk about it but right now I'm still trying to figure out what I just played and why I played it. Maybe it's because I paid money for this turd. It's extremely generic. Bad guys are at it again. Go stop them. No idea how they got their resources or who the bad guy really is I'm still confused about a lot.

I only remember the characters that were in Resident Evil 1 2 and 3. Beyond that I don't know who the hell was in this and nor will I ever be able to recall them. The voice acting was poor, their impact was poor, the overall placement of them was poor.

Well the game has decent graphics and visuals so I gotta give them credit for that. The zombies and monsters were really well detailed. Only everything was exploding everywhere. Just like an American action film. Can't figure out good plot? Blow everything the hell up! There were at times polygon errors. One time Ada's dressed stretched into the ground, my gun disappeared, and I fell through the level a few times.

Gameplay was just polished RE4. Nothing new or something to talk about. It handles really well and overall it was great feeling. The controls on PC were a tad wonky at times like I said with poor porting and what not. It has multiplayer? I don't know. I was so disgusted after the campaign I uninstalled it quick.

This game presented little challenge. I had no problem beating this game on... what was the highest difficulty at the start? We'll just say Very Hard. Ammo was barely enough so it has some prretty good challenge there.

Would I recommend this game. NO!
  49. Jul 26, 2013
    I gave this game a 1 simply because the graphics are nice and detailed but otherwise I would say it's absolutely terrible and I would not recommend that anyone pay full price for it. Luckily for me a friend of mine gifted it to me over Steam so I didn't waste my hard earned cash on this monstrosity of a game. If you love cinematic cut scene's and Quick Time Events you might like it. I felt demystified and I sincerely doubt that the developers took the time to imagine themselves in zombie apocalypse situation before they scripted some of the dialogue and events that happen here. The game looks pretty, but like I said it is lacking in so many other ways that I would never suggest this game to any kind of friend. Expand
  50. Jul 14, 2013
    Wow what happened?.. Oh wait i'll tell you what happened.

Resident Evil 5 made so much money (probably because Resident Evil 4 was a massive hit) and never truly lived up to the hype of Res 4. In my honest opinion they sold out to make more money and break into the COD target audience (12-16 year males) with action, action, action.
    Then there was Resident Evil 6, with 1700 different
    playable characters (where lets be honest 95 of us just wanted to play as Leon and maybe the other 5% as Chris) and more quick time events then you could handle. It seems they are just more interested in making a action based game for the yung'uns to make money then making a horror survival for a smaller audience.

You would think they would of learnt their mistake with Res 5 but nope they saw that it took loads of money so decided to stick with that action horror genre (and even calling it action 'HORROR' is being grateful)

If you enjoy playing as characters you don't care about and you have to have action every 2 seconds and just wanna shot some zombars then go for it, this is the game for you.

If you are a fan of the series (well until Res4 that is) then i suggest that you don't go anywhere near it as Capcom are not catering for your needs anymore.

They had such potential with Leon & maybe Chris that they could of done something so much better but as i read from a critic on this very website that apparently 600 people went into making this game then it is literally like a game where they didn't know what direction they wanted to take so just chucked random stuff together and then went "taaa daaaa" "please buy this game, we have explosions and quick time events for all you kiddies that don't have to work out any puzzles or even think a little"

i get frustrated because they had it all and once again like EA they wanted to make as much money as possible and stick two fingers up at you..

I apologize for keep repeating myself about the action and quick time events but imagine Res 1 when you first encounter the dogs through the windows in the hall way or the Licker on the ceiling or either res 2 with the zombies at the beginning or that bastard on the bus and it was all quick time events and you had to press the shoulder buttons to move left and right, it wouldn't feel the same now would it. They dumbed it down and made it in to a movie and lets be honest who gives a f about Jake or whats her name.
  51. Jul 11, 2013
    What a let down My how far the Resident Evil franchise has fallen. This game, while visually stunning, is hardly worthy of being called a Resident Evil (it's more like those cheesy films that share the name). I could spend ages listing all of the reasons this fails as a game, but I'll just summarise them here instead; - You'll spend most of your time running around looking for ammunition and health, while collecting an inordinate amount of skill points.

I know item scarcity is a hallmark of survival horror, but this series left survival horror behind long ago

- Pretty much every enemy can knock you down, and it happens for too often (also accounting for my rubbish gaming skills)

- I know what the serpent embent emblems are used for, you don't need to tell me every time I collect one damnit!

- Stupid AI. And I really mean stupid.

- Stop moving the damn camera! Seriously, when you are running from something or another and the camera decides to focus on something when you are trying to run, which throws off the control scheme, it gets ridiculously frustrating.

- Bosses that get recycled over and over. Here is a hint for you game developers, how about making us kill them only once, then try tasking your imagination to come up with something other than 'Let's have them kill it again!'.

- Without warning, if you are stood in the wrong place, something will kill you and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it! Ect when you pick Ada and you try to hide from Chris in a shaft like (ok it's like a tunnel of metal) and these things crawl around but they come from out of nowhere they drop from the sky they is no open space for them to drop on your head anyway they drop on your head then you fall in the gap in the celling then Chris holds his gun to your head and you see you are dead screen see uncool guys.

And the list could go on, but I prefer not to waste too much time ranting about rubbish!
  52. Jul 1, 2013
    This is a game I felt ashamed to enjoy. Though there are a few open spaces, for most of the game you'll be funneled through corridors and small rooms. Chris's campaign is pretty much a cover shooter. There are gratuitous scripted events. The list goes on. However at the end of it all, this game does a pretty good job of making you feel like a badass, which is FUN! The melee attacks are really responsive and well animated. The campaigns progress nicely and the relationship between you and your partner develops very organically to the point where I actually felt like I cared about my AI partner (except for when I let them get do the get walloped to save ammo). Very underrated game IMO! Expand
  53. Jun 23, 2013
    Repetitive and boring. Few options for weapons, plenty of ammo and simply no scare to justify a horror survival titlle. There are no puzzles to be solved. Not recommend.
  54. Jun 18, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 made revolution moving the serie from horror-running to action, and RE5 almost crossed that line between "great" and "just a shooter". Well, RE 6 is all about shooting. User interface is worse than ever, and invisible walls makes the game very linear without even a little hope to turn somewhere... but you just run trough this huge corridor most part of the game.
    But still
    it's not as bad as it could be. And having good parents always gives you a point or two. Expand
  55. Jun 7, 2013
    Frustrating controls especially during chase scenes, frustrating quick time events, and enemies that just get more and more ridiculous as the game progresses.
  56. Jun 4, 2013
    What did this reeking trash cost new? Sixty bucks? What a rank ripoff. I'm glad I came here and read the reviews first. After about 30 minutes of struggling with the controls and the screen prompts I deleted this load of steaming offal. Just read the reviews. I can't possibly add anything else for a reason this game is pure liquified s***. and I truly enjoyed RE 5.
  57. May 31, 2013
    I could not find myself to finish this game. It's depressingly boring. I played through the entirety of Leon's campaign, which was okay, had a few scares. Chris's campaign was a complete bore fest and caused me just to give up on the game. I am disappointed Capcom. I really looked forward to this game.
  58. May 29, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the most underrated game released in the past year. I don't see any fault with it excluding the nigh impossible boss battles, though a good challenge is healthy!). The stories are deep and occasionally a little emotional, all of the endings are epic and you see the course of the game through the eyes of 7 playable characters (Leon, my personal fave, Helena, Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry {Yes, you can finally play as her!} and, in the secret campaign, Ada). Resident Evil 6 is among the best games released in the past year and I don't see why it has received such crappy reviews! Expand
  59. May 28, 2013
    I really dont understand why people do not enjoy this. I really liked Resident Evil 5, but I gotta admit that this is way better. It has better camera since RE5, and it has the atmosphere from Resident Evil 2. Also, the knife isn't completely worthless anymore plus you can also do housekicks now to save some ammo. If you like Resident Evil, you should try this. The only downside is, the graphics are worse than RE5, which actually was quite good looking. But if you can live with that, do not hesitate to grab this. Expand
  60. May 27, 2013
    Terrible, just terrible. I've rarely played a game that was so poorly designed that I got stuck on the graphics options. This was quite obviously solely designed for the console market and then quick-ported over to the pc.

Once I started playing the game I couldn't grasp how poor the graphics were (for such a big title). Textures look washed out, overly dark and the 3d models look
    clunky.
    The lag on my gamepad made aiming (and hence the whole game) worthless. Now gamepad integration is a hard thing to get right at times but bare in mind that this is a game primarily designed for consoles.

This game manages to do the one thing worse than boring its audience, it manages to frustrate them into turning the damn thing of after 5 minutes or gameplay.
    Speaking of turning the game off this is roughly the process:

1)Disconnect the controller battery pack

2)select 'end game session'

3)go back to graphic properties

4)select no for 'full screen'

5)close the game window by clicking the 'x' on the window with your mouse.

Complete waste of time and money.
  61. May 26, 2013
    I give this game a 6,it does feel like a Movie Based game.But sorry to say that Resident Evil 6 are gone too far about Climax-ing the game.First i wanna talk about the positive one,is how the game looks like a movie itself,its really cool when playing with good cutscenes,next the Story,there`s a 4 of them,which takes about 3-5 hour to finish it,pretty cool,and lastly,there`s a 2 player co-op mode,not bad,but awesome for RE6.Well now,the Negative one.The Horror......Where is it!! Its not even horror game at all! Second,Gameplay,sometimes its kinda ok,sometimes it kinda annoying,and the place where you played at,is rather less space than actual game does,like example,playing leon mission Fighting the Boss Fatty first time,fighting on the Small house area,really punishing me so hard,overall for the gameplay,kinda annoying.Third,the controller sucks,complicated as hell.Even on PC keyboard.Lastly,the Cutscenes,way overboard.Way climatic.Way Overused.Way Longer than Gameplay itself.This is a joke for a Resident Evil Fans.I think RE5 and even better than this but the problem is,the game engine on this game was badly optimized on some graphics,for example,Intel HD 4000 can`t even run at all.But I can run RE5,ya kidding me.Now i own NVidia and still looks uglier than RE5. Expand
  62. May 24, 2013
    I loved Resident Evil 5, and i can´t understand why Capcom build on this epic ground. I also played Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and become very frustrated about this game. (I played it 2h and have deleted it). Now, Capcom has learned nothing from all that critics. Now the continuing from its downward spiral and Capcom produces more waste games under this great title.It was finally my last Resident Evil title that I have ever bought. Expand
  63. May 23, 2013
    1.QTE比想像中的少,不過突然的組合讓人措手不及。 2.單一長度的不同腳色章節就差不多已經是一般射擊遊戲的2/3長度了,全部玩過才能了解整個事件始末。 3.道具欄太少,後期只能捨棄一些彈藥補給,雖然彈藥用不完。 4.雙人同樂能獲得良好遊戲體驗,雖然最多能同時四人,但不怎麼實用,有點可惜 5.貼圖太爛,場景太暗,讓我以為我在玩黑暗靈魂,其他還有些模型消失的問題,不過不影響完整遊戲體驗 6.殭屍沒辦法一槍暴頭了,有點難打,反擊技設定不錯,但我不太會抓時機 7.整體遊戲體驗不錯
  64. May 22, 2013
    id thoug i should give it a tryt but what a mess i regret the day i buy it, even as a shooter is a disaster mess im not trholling it even if you buy it at the pirate bay you dont want this camera mess........
  65. May 22, 2013
    Very Amazing game. This is better than Resident Evil 6. I have this one in PS3, XBOX360 and PC version and I played RE 6 over 100 times. It was fun time whenever i played it.

This game consists of 4 different scenarios and in each campaign, you have different experience of survival horror.

Leon Almost same as classic Resident Evil. (RE 2, 3 and Outbreak 1 & 2.) Creepy zombie horror.

Chris Like CALL OF DUTY BIO-WARFARE. If you like RE 5, you might also like this campaign.
    Jake RE3 Nemesis RE 4. Because the chaser 'Ustanak' constantly chase you (like RE 3), it scare you...
    Ada Classic RE meets sneaking. It's like Separate Ways in RE4.

Especially I like Leon and Ada campaign most. Those are true RESIDENT EVIL, i think!
  66. May 21, 2013
    though i was excited about this game and played it for more than a lil of 24 hours it was ok..doesn't feel that amazing in some ways but i liked the fact that the story co-op mode is fun, other then that there's really nothing to it.
  67. May 20, 2013
    A let down to this series let RE die now please because I frankly had enough of all the RE games being clones of other games now. Also they is only 5 chapters in this game that's it, was that how many in RE4 & RE5 too? the answer is YES so why only 5 chapters? Put more work in this game please cos 5 is not enough maybe 8 or 10 or..... soo but having 5 chapters is never enough and to me a bit short and since 1 and 5 chapters are the same thing as Leon I find out as I had to redo all the chase the chopper on the streets all over again and I hated it complete waste of my time why copy the same acts? Complete rubbish thats why!!!

Next time put more effect in this game please then we won't moan about how lousy job you guys done.

Don't play this game it will annoy you xD
  68. May 16, 2013
    really boring and disspointing
  69. May 16, 2013
    Honestly, this game sounds and looks great from the trailers down to the artwork. But the moment you play it, the game play itself is choppy not to mention the graphics. Tearing and unneeded shadowing appears right in front of you. Even enhancing the brightness levels can ruin the game visually for you. Also you might as well put on subtitles as the sound is very distorted. Even with a 5.1 or enhanced headset, voices are almost nonexistent. The story line has its fair of twist and turns like any other resident evil. Cinematic game play always leave you at the edge of your chair. Good selection of weapons as well. I personally love resident evil and playing this made me think it may be possible that the resident evil franchise is done. Expand
  70. May 7, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is exactly what I assumed where the series was going and I'm happy the creators finally decided whether they wanted an action game or a horror game. I knew they'd pick an action game and I laughed quite a lot at the all over the top sequences scattered throughout. Anyone, which is most, wanted the series to go back to the survival horror aspect, they didn't to most people's grief.
    While it's not what I wanted either, I do love how fluid the combat system is and I do actually love to play the game. If the game didn't have Resident Evil on it I'd probably love it a lot more along with a lot more. Though it takes a huge downturn to see this great series slowly became more "mainstream" so it's less of a horror game and just fully on action, as I keep stating.
    Though I am fine with the game as is. I don't see it as a horror game continuation from my childhood, it's just what this series has turned into and I enjoy it for what it is. I loved the co-op in quite a lot of the game except the extremely shoe-horned in Ada and the Agent co-op. I enjoyed Ada's campaign the way it was and I saw no change needed.
    Resident Evil 6 is a decent game with fluent game play and for that I enjoy it. For the series ever going back to the original survival horror scattered with puzzle I don't have hope for the future of Resident Evil.
  71. May 7, 2013
    This game has a lot of flaws. Poor level design, the end boss gets recycled for about three times. There´s no Horror at all! The characters are very likeable except for Helena Harper (you will hate that she has a good AI though. The cutscenes are good and they are good but the dialogues are cheesy as hell. The gameplay is good and makes a lot of fun! The only problem is the cover system. It doesn´t work. In order to duck and get behind cover you need to press LT and A at the same time and you need to hold them! That´s annyoing, don´t use the cover system its annyoing. In one campaign it´s essential though. In the Chris Campaign. THe graphics are old even on the oc, but at least the models and light effects look decent. The overall length is about 20 to 24 hrs. Four Campaigns, Collectibles, Skill Points, the game tries to take you on a long journey. You think that´s it? Hell, no! The inventory system is you can only take as many items as you have slots, but in the game you get a lot of ammo and your inventory gets full very fast. The game is extremly linear and the puzzles and riddles are for monkeys. The quicktime events are annyoing and many of them are unnecessary or even too easy! What´s left to say? The controls are a lil bit delayed but that´s for the "survival aspect" of this game. It has fully Xbox 360 Support though. The mouse and controller controls are both good and feel good. At all the game feels smooth but it has many holes, it´s like a BMW you like to drive even though the car is old and needs to get repaired. I suggest to buy this game because of it´s fun but only for about 15 bucks. Wait for steam sale or buy it cheap on Amazon. Expand
  72. May 3, 2013
    This is a review of Leon and Chris campaigns, I just couldn't get myself to play the others. I liked the Leon campaign it had kinda that RE horror feel to it. Chris campaign was more action packed so I didn't quite liked it but it was ok I suppose.
  73. May 1, 2013
    In quite possibly the dumbest move in game marketing ever, Capcom doesn't listen to it's fans and instead makes the exact opposite of what they want: a 3rd-person linear action game with little to no exploration
  74. May 1, 2013
    This wasn't the Resident Evil game I wanted, but I've had a lot of fun with it none the less. Trying to GoW/CoD-tardify the RE franchise has been a huge blunder on Capcom's end. Even with that said this is a fully fleshed out experience full of cool modes, multiple campaigns and an interesting albeit off the rails storyline. If you are looking for a good and weird 3rd person sci-fi (I refuse to call it horror) shooter you could do far worse. I'd suggest waiting for a sale however. Expand
  75. Apr 30, 2013
    the game is not like before when it use to be scary and the zombies you have to run away from them most of the time now the game transformed to be like left for dead just keep killing zombies like no tomorrow
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    When I played Dead Space 3 i thought it was a bad game. When I played the new Tomb Raider I thought it was a bad movie. But when I played RE6 I realized that Capcom had managed to combine the WORST elements of the former two attempts to create the ULTIMATE abomination. I CANNOT understand how they have managed to obliterate the main series while RE:Revelations is so much better. I hope Capcom realizes, in turn, what path they should follow hence forth. Also a little fun fact about the directors name (I always love those); Sasaki in Greek is the dimunitive for the girl's name "Sa(n)sa". As I am referring to the director (he also directed the "RE: Outbreak" series), I have to give him my most profound congratulations for, finally, creating his personal masterpiece. The complete and TOTAL "Outbreak" of the series... Expand
  77. Apr 26, 2013
    This is no longer resident evil. sure, the shooter part of the game is fun, the graphics and character models are great.

but when it comes to chase scenes, inventory management, STORY... it becomes not so great. especially the camera in chase scenes.

there's also... too many QTE segments.
  78. Apr 25, 2013
    I have played all of the Resident Evil game iterations since I first picked up Re1 on the Sega Saturn and from my stand point I can see where many of the other reviews are coming from. For a long time now the RE franchise has ceased being a survival horror franchise in its core and moved its control over to a more action based play style.
    With RE6 I can see that they were attempting to
    recall what they lost in the earlier years with the use of Leon's Campaign and I did enjoy it. The story and controls were smooth enough for me to pick up and understand off the bat with very little resistance in the way of difficulty. Many of the newer enemies were smart and innovative in my opinion and like RE5.

More was brought to the table for me to enjoy.
  79. Apr 24, 2013
    Gonna make this one fast:
    - Jake's campaing has alot of glitches and overall is pretty boring story. Didnt do anything to make me care about it.
    - Christ campaing is.... Call of Duty plain and simple. The enmies are smarter than before but the fact they turned a HORROR game into a below average third person shooter is painful and unfogiving.
    - Leon's campain, now this is diferent here
    it captures most of what we fans love RE from the beguining: its Dark, Scary at times and gives you that lonelyness feeling at times. Of course untile you meet whit CHrist and all goes "SHOOT AND RUN RAMBO" booring style.... way to go Capcom....

I gave this a 4 just because part of Leon's campaing and the Mercenaries is still fun to play.
  80. Apr 23, 2013
    I'll be brief. There are a few small campaigns in this game from different characters. I have just completed the first one which is Leon Kennedy. If you are a fan of the old school Resident Evil's don't bother. Luckily I heard about the awfulness beforehand so I just torrented the PC version, which still feels like a waste. I'll probably finish the other campaigns but only because I have nothing much going on during the week.

What others have said is true, the game is 100% action and the action part isn't really that great compared to games such as Gears of War 3. Literally every 10-30 seconds theres some kind of gigantic explosion or random harrier jets crashing or cars flipping. The game attempts to wow you by throwing gigantic scripted explosions at you similar to CoD but if your a little bit older gamer it gets boring fast.---- Gamers these days might be won over by giant explosions 24/7 or random nonsensical violence but I'm simply not. I think in all genres like comedy, action, horror and others need to have correct pacing or the viewer becomes disinterested. For example a sitcom can't have a joke after a joke for 20 minutes because after awhile people are overwhelmed. The same principle applies here. When every 2 seconds the side of a building is blowing up, followed by a tanker exploding, followed by you jumping into a helicopter, then crashing said helicopter in a giant explosion all right after each other you can tell really fast these scripted sequences are the main game.------Instead of supporting the characters, story or plot the action BECOMES the plot. The story takes a dive yet again with the typical "Evil bad man releases t-virus on city/world".------------If you are looking for true survival horror look up The Evil Within being developed by Shinji Makimi, the original director of RE1-4 and inventor of the survival horror genre itself.
  81. Apr 22, 2013
    Not bad game at all.But still I still asking myself how all main heroes were able to survive through this.
    It's quite stupid,because they're like Supermen,lol.Plot,game-play,heroes,graphics.But because the atmosphere of survival is lost
  82. Apr 17, 2013
    I played video games since i was really young, about 10 years from now.. Played thousands of games in different platform...PC, PS3, Gameboy, GBA, PSP... Resident evil6, i'm gonna say, it's a fantastic game, i give my score 10/10, i am so into it, i haven't have this feeling since WoW and Vindictus long ago.
    Graphics, tell u this, it's above average 2012 for sure, in PC version, Nvidia
    users, use ur nvidia inspector well then u will c the how well the graphic can be! WILL SURPRISE U!
    Sound and themes are very good, some of the soundtracks are very touching.
    Design & interface, i have been playing RE games since 4 years ago, once i login to the game, I felt it is very Resident evil... It is well designed.
    Story, Japanese type of story, it's more like a game and fantasy, it's very encouraging.
    Control, Camera, once u get used to it, it's awesome feeling.
  83. Apr 16, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 is a different take on what we have been seeing in the most recent successes from the franchise. Resident Evil 4 and 5 both looked through the prospective of one character, with the help of a companion (or not so much help in the case of RE4). Both games are fantastic, with RE4 at the top of the list because of its third person shooting aspects along with scary monsters and a dynamic story. RE6 had all of these, but it took out everything else that complimented the gameplay in an attempt to add prospective through different characters.

What the game has that is completely different is the separate stories. Each follows there own character, and includes bits and pieces of a larger picture that is the story. This was a bad move, because it seemed to make Capcom completely overlook the things that complimented RE 4 and 5.

There is no longer a way of buying and selling things in RE6. Any and all RPG elements were taken out, making the use of only a few weapons that are basically the same through the game. You eventually find new ones, but you end up using only the guns you have ammo for, making the need for some weapons vanish. Each character in the individual stories have their own weapons and the stories give them new weapons accordingly, however it all follows the same basic agenda. There is a shotgun, sniper, assault rifle, pistol etc.

Well maybe the new story idea panned out, and it worked by including a gripping tale right? RE6 does nothing but show you a generic story that is very predictable if you are a fan of the series. When you complete a story, it just feels like you played a game but skipped levels, and the ending of each story isn't enough for me to really get excited over playing another 5-7 hour campaign just to have to wait again. Sure some new plot is revealed, but all in all, the pacing just doesn't work. It would have been better if there was one campaign where you felt like you were actually getting somewhere.

Some of the things they kept from the previous titles were turned into overused events that did nothing but make you want to turn off your computer. The MILLION of button mashing events will annoy you, and detract from the gameplay a lot. There is also the new inventory system which is annoying to use, and rather small (it is even a step down from RE5) There is also the ability to kick and apply your body more. This is a pretty cool addition, that would have been welcomed in the previous games, but it just isn't enough to make up for everything.

There is a lot to say about this game, and if you can look past the annoying gameplay, slow and anti climactic story, and no way of seeing anything new other than a few kicks, than this is the game for you. If you liked RE4 and 5, chances are you will not like this
  84. Apr 16, 2013
    Honestly, I have no idea why everybody is so pissed off at this game. They complain about the camera angles, and the gameplay, it's just I don't see any problems. The only major gripe I have is that YOU CANNOT PAUSE THE GAME! It's very inconvenient, and is very annoying. But thats all the negativity I have for this game.

Gameplay has evolved in the Resident Evil series from clunky
    tank controls and static camera angles to over-the-shoulder action starting with RE 4. That being said, RE 4 was my first introduction to the series, and was my favorite until I played RE 6. 6 gets right all the things that 5 was trying to accomplish (fluid inventory system, smoother and less awkward aiming controls, and less than useless partners) and takes them to the next level. I can say without hesitation that Resident Evil 6 has successfully melded TPS action with survival-horror. There were many times where I was reduced to a sliver of health, and only 3 bullets left in my weapon, and 8 enemies coming towards me, with my partner otherwise occupied with his own battles. These situations got my heart pumping and my adrenalin flowing more effectively than any "horror" elements ever could. Survival-horror is all about managing your ammo and health items effectively in order to survive, and Resident Evil 6 nailed this absolutely perfectly.

As of this writing, I have only completed 2 of the 4 campaigns, and I have already accumulated 15 hours of play time. This is more than I get out of a standard FPS. I completed Crysis 2 and 3 in about 8-10 hours. AvP 2010 took 9 hours. Alan Wake lasted 6 hours. As you can tell, I blow through games rather quickly. Now, look at RE 6. I'm only halfway done with the main campaigns and I have been playing 15 hours. RE 5 only took me 11 hours to finish. If the last two campaigns are as long as the first two, we're looking at 30 hours of gameplay for JUST the first playthrough. After finishing the last 2 campaigns, I intend to play as the other character in each scenario. Thats a total of 60 hours. Then I have Mercenaries mode. Thats about maybe another 14-17 hours. I'd say that RE 6 is more than worth it's $40 price tag. The amount of content Capcom has crammed into this game is absolutely staggering.

Now to address the common complaints. Firstly, the complaints about the camera: It's the exact same configuration as RE 4 and 5. You can switch the dominant hand at will, and it doesn't affect my combat efficiency at all. The menus are at first a bit difficult to navigate, but soon becomes a second nature to operate. The story is pretty much what you would expect from a Resident Evil game. Don't go in expecting storytelling on the level of Mass Effect or Bioshock (the first ones in each of the series). Voice acting is good, but it's not winning any awards any time soon. Areas are linear, but the game encourages venturing off the beaten path to find much needed ammo and health.

I haven't encountered any glitches so far, and the animations are fluid and detailed. Graphics are gorgeous, even on lower settings. And yeah, explosions happen frequently. It's not a game without explosions, so stop complaining that Capcom let Michael Bay have his way with the script.

Another common gripe is the abundance of quick-time events. As far as this goes, I only noticed a healthy dose of QTEs in Leon's story. They were scarce in Chris's story. Don't know about Jake's or Ada's.

My philosophy is "No game deserves a perfect score". Every game has a shortcoming, and no game is flawless. RE 6 is no exception, which is why this title gets a 9.

In short, I love this game. If you are a fan of TPS or survival-horror, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy of Resident Evil 6. It is MORE than worth its $40 tag.
  85. Apr 16, 2013
    Every once in a while a game comes out that EVERYONE seems to about, yet it is a perfectly fine game. This is one of those games.

After playing RE6, I can honestly say, it is a nice game, I really enjoyed it. I found very few wrong with it, Graphics are nice, great co-op, controls are perfect, long action packed rollercoast ride compaign, weapons feel good. Nothing so terrible to
    warrant these low ratings.

Is the game perfect? of course not, every games has faults, but people are focusing way too much on the negative and blowing it way out of perportion on top of that they are completely ignoring the rest. They put a lot of effort in this game, you see it everywhere, but instead lets focus on Quick time events, or the occasional fixed camera that annoyed you a 2 or 3 times in a 40 hour game.

For the love of god, make up your own mind about this game and stop following this MASSIVE bandwagon of haters. This game is perfectly fine and playable.
  86. Apr 16, 2013
    1 campaign gives you 6-7 hours to play, and with 4 campaigns available, you can beat this game over 23 hours i think

i recommend you to play this game with partner, play alone (single player) in this game is too easy since your partner AI is invicible

Graphic is good, but too many graphic glitches i found in this game, and tons of bug even after updating your game version
  87. Apr 14, 2013
    I have played RE4, 5, Operation Raccoon City and now 6. Re4 had very nice story and interesting gameplay, Re5 had better graphics, not as good story and gameplay as Re4, but not bad, Raccon city story idea was brilliant, but game was big fail in Re series and now we've got Re6. Well, after playing an hour, I can say game is very frustrating for me, first you need to use key combinations on your keyboard very often which i hate in games, second I was hoping it would had improvement in graphics since it's 2013 year, but graphics is same and you can notice low textures in graphics if you go too close to an objects, third there is again console intended camera movement in game, which is terrible for PC gaming. In short, this game was dissapointed and step back from Re series. Expand
  88. Apr 12, 2013
    Yes I know that the control and camera are so terrible but If you can get over it and try to enjoy the story you will see that it is a amazing game. Especially I have to admit that Ada and Sherry both are so beautiful
  89. Apr 11, 2013
    Es un juegazo, tiene diferentes campañas que se van mezclando en una misma linea argumental. La historia es impresionante, esta vez han preferido contarte la historia en vez de encontrarte notitas y leerlas durante el juego.
    La verdad es que la historia está muy muy bien, la aparición de tantos personajes y alusiones al pasado son la leche.

En cuanto al gameplay, tiene el mejor
    gameplay de la saga sin duda, con muchísimas posibilidades, el movimiento es fluido, está muy bien optimizado para Pc y está muy logrado el sistema de apuntar.
    Puedes cambiar las cámara de la espalda y aumentar tu rango de visión (fov). Cabe destacar que la posibilidad para jugar a pantalla partida se agradece mucho, así como poder jugar cooperativo online.

Muy grande por parte de Valve regalarnos los personajes de Left 4 dead 2 jugables para el modo Mercenarios Sin piedad, y gracias Capcom por no cobrarnos por ello, los DLC gratis son siempre bienvenidos.

Finalmente es un juego que es muy recomendable para jugadores nuevos, o jugadores clásicos de RE.

Podríamos decir que la campaña de Leon es la más fiel a los Resident Evil Clásicos, más zombies normales (no soldados mutantes), y luego especiales y puzzles.

En cambio tenemos la de Chris Redfield, más enfocada a la acción en plan Gears Of War con tus soldados, escenarios de día, etc.

Luego tenemos un poco la mezcla de Jake, con más toques de aventura. Y la campaña de Ada impresionante, muchos toques de sigilo e infiltración.

Lo recomiendo muchísimo, no le doy un 10 porque me parece que se han pasado con lo de "Caza de agentes" y no tienen un sistema para controlar el VoIP. La gente entra a als partidas con el microfono abierto y los altavoces a tope, y se escuchan ecos terribles que arruinan la experiencia de juego, lo dicho.

Gracias Capcom por el regalo.
  90. Apr 11, 2013
    my score 8/10 + Great graphic, Look really good at highest setting with smooth fps on my pc + Good story, not that thrilled but 10 times better than in Movie + Coop mode, really like it. I could play with my friend and split screen on pc are also welcome + Play time, It's took me 60hr+ to complete all chapters for all characters in Story Mode alone, good enough + Price, $39.99 on Steam cheaper than other Big title. they could put it on $59.99 and most ppl still buy it so lower the price got my score.

= Game Mechanic, a bit too much FPS but in time when FPS ruled game industry, I guess it can't be help.

- Terrible camera angle in some area, such as Christ chapter 5, it's impossible for me to progress with Keyboard and mouse because camera keep changing backward and forward. I've to use my Xbox controller (analog stick). this is example of bad pc port.
    - too much cut scene. I don't mind long cutscene(cus I can skip it) but do it every 10 mins is not ok for me.
  91. Apr 8, 2013
    i loved bh4 bh5 but not this...

what a button acton QTE game is this? so game resident evil 6

and i dont like moving shot system ..

cant moving shot system it was bh's identity but they throw it and suck it
  92. Apr 8, 2013
    Well this was certainly the surprise of 2013. I had been closely following the reviews from both critics and users alike when this released on console late last year and the polarizing views made me think this was going to be worse than RE5 (which I can't say appealed to me as much as RE4 did). When the game launched on Steam at $39.99 it was a done deal. Having completed the game I am still trying to understand the backlash. I did not play the first 3 games in the series which I hear focused more on survival horror so I don't carry that baggage along with me and neither am I a CoD fanboy (I could not be bothered with that mindless crap) but I felt as an over the shoulder 3rd person action adventure with horror elements, RE6 succeeded admirably. If I have one complaint it would be the chase scene with Chris and Piers trying to avoid the HAOS as they escape the B.O.W. That was painful as the animations triggered by button presses were often the reason we (my co-op partner and myself) were dying and we died a lot during this part which was not fun. Other than that the game has been an off-rails-experience and with 4 lengthy campaigns you really are getting your monies worth and with a solid co-op partner that has your back, it was one of the most exhilarating experiences ever. Yes you could argue there is an abundance of QTE's, yes the game is like a Michael Bay version of Resident Evil but despite all this it was still a far more thrilling game than Bioshock Infinite (which I got at the same time as RE6). Well worth the money and time invested. Expand
  93. Apr 6, 2013
    Very underrated, if you enjoyed RE5, you will get loads out of this. Great Coop, Splitscreen and Online with Mercenaries available from the go and tonnes of longevity in the multiple campaigns.

Shot itself in the foot with a bad demo, a dodgy prelude and pre-patch bad camera, (which now has a completly adjustable field of view.)
  94. Apr 6, 2013
    Loads of bad, overlong quick-time events
    Excruciating overemphasis on mediocre set piece events
    Ruins the pace by constantly ripping control from you
    Poorly executed scripted events lead to unavoidable deaths
  95. Apr 2, 2013
    Can't deny that if you compare it with previous games there's stuff left to be desired but by itself playing it is a great experience. My favorite character is Ada, and it was great to be able to play so many characters. Gameplay itself is 7/10 I'd say, but everything added together, I was playing non-stop and still will for unlocks.
  96. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [English Review] Well this game not struck me but when I found out I had split screen told me SOLD! but not only in split screen pc that is very rare but also are three campaigns for Resident Evil fans a campaign that tilts to survival horror, another Action Adventure those which already inclined films lately in RE and the military which is very reminiscent of the last deliveries in few words a complete set! for the PC version but on consoles is more of the same.

[Spanish Review]Bueno este juegos no me llamaba la atención pero cuando me entere que tenia pantalla partida me dije VENDIDO!!! pero no solo la pantalla partida en pc que es muy poco común si no que también son tres campañas para fanáticos del Resident Evil que una campaña se inclina al survival horror, otra a Acción/Aventura las cual ya se inclino últimamente en las películas del RE y la Bélica la cual recuerda mucho a las ultimas entregas en pocas palabra un juego completo! para la version pc pero en consolas es mas de lo mismo.
  97. Apr 2, 2013
    After playing through Leon's story on the console, I knew what pros and cons to expect from the PC version. Capcom delivered excellently! If you didn't like RE6 on console, you probably won't like it on PC, but If you liked it on console, you'll really like it on PC. 60 fps and HD resolution is a no-brainer to have! HD is a must for local co-op. The kbm controls work pretty well, snappy response even with vsync. One gripe I have is the misleading brightness adjust screen. The "6" is visible on any level and it's pointless to play without it cranked up to at least 35 cause it's too dark in most places. The lights become washed out at that level but it's worth it to see everything. RE6/Bio6 is a great addition to the series, but 4 is still my all-time favorite. The inventory and merchant was a genius idea in 4 and I wish one of them will make a return in a later game. Expand
  98. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This review is based mostly on Leon’s campaign. Combat. The first problem I had with this game was that the identity of the combat was lost to me. Is it a shooter? Is it a brawler? If they focused on one aspect I think it would have been much more successful. In the old games, melee combat was a last resort option and it worked very well. Range combat feels so weak in this game. You can empty an entire mag into a zombies head and they still do not go down. Reading a faq, it seems you need to melee the zombie to death, using a combination of stuns and melee finishers. Would be ok, but the camera does not give a good overview, no room to maneuver, low stamina and low health, which result in too many deaths. It almost feel as if they looked at a number of successful games and wanted to implement a mix of all these COD/Batman/Darksouls/Random fighter game. In the end they fail and create a very unrewarding combat system. I cringed every time Leon did a wrestlers slam with a zombie. If you are going for melee combat, at least but more melee weapons in the game, like a baseball bat, axe, crowbar. Hell the zombies have them, why not the player? Oh and inventory is a horrible console port. The controls are all over the place.

Helena. Talk about an over sexualized design, she just looks like a blow up doll with glossy lips. I get it, sex sells and this game is probably for younger players. For me it backfires and it’s very off putting. She just doesn’t feel real. Even the nuns in Hitman absolution feel more real than this poor excuse for a heroin. Japan, please go back to the 80/90 and bring back those heroines, they were bad ass. But I guess this is an East vs West thing, they just see women as sex objects after all. I love new outfits for characters. I when through linking hell to check out the previews and my worst fears were confirmed. I just face palmed. School girl outfit? Stripper cop outfit? Really? I much rather have seen a combat/commando outfit. Again very off putting.

Story. This will probably appeal to the younger players among us, lots of flash and boom. I also started Chris’s campaign and after seeing the intro, I just stopped. It’s been used to death in many movies. Pretty cut scenes don’t make a game and they also don’t make a movie. A movie is more than action scene paste together. The game also conviently kills off NPC’s you save so they don’t need to be factored into the rest of the story, this shows a lack of skill and inability to create a rounded story. In short, they tried too much and failed at the basics, A for effort, but this one is a 4 out of 10. If I can’t even get through the campaigns why do the extra stuff? Japanese Devs really need to see women in a better light. Come on, we are in 2013 and I keep asking myself why there thinking is still so backwards. And as a result the final score becomes 2 out of 10.

Result in the long term for me, I bought this game because I liked the previous games, I looked at the reviews and didn’t believe them, I’ll know better in the future.
  99. Apr 1, 2013
    I saw a lot of negative response to Re6, i felt sad. I already spent 40 hours in this game now and It was a very nice experience to me. The difficulty level is great, i need to figure out how to avoid enemies attack and give them a counterattack. What make those guy felt so bad? I think they were wrong
  100. Mar 24, 2013
    The interface reeks of console design. It's insulting on PC.
    A lightly dressed guy in the opening scenario apparently holds a dozen

1. Feb 4, 2014
    Perhaps it's still too experimental and difficult than the sixth entry in a series ought to be, but despite everything, RE6 offers top-tier cinematic action and series-high storytelling. For fans who've yet to try it, the PC version is the right choice.
    If we forget the roots of the franchise, we have ourselves a pretty awesome and addictive 3rd person shooter. [May 2013]
  3. May 21, 2013
    An apocalyptic disappointment that never rises above mediocrity, but often sinks into tedium. [July 2013, p.72]