Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

4.0

1. Sep 25, 2012
    Now, I am reviewing this game months after its release, during the first few months it was plagued by mouse movement and graphical problems that Slant six has since patched up. I can run it with very little problems with a GTX430 (though my listing is fair performance). With the qualifier of shaky launch out of the way, Those expecting an atypical Resident evil game need to lookNow, I am reviewing this game months after its release, during the first few months it was plagued by mouse movement and graphical problems that Slant six has since patched up. I can run it with very little problems with a GTX430 (though my listing is fair performance). With the qualifier of shaky launch out of the way, Those expecting an atypical Resident evil game need to look elsewhere, this game is not an adventure game which the regular games, being TPS and survival horror, require at the very core of their gameplay. This is an action game, through and through for co-operative, high paced combat. Hardcore LFD-heads may enjoy the change of pace, but familiar shoes this game fills. Controls are a little wonky, but they make sense, and can be made well of over time (takes some getting used to). The fact that they fixed the bugs THEN released DLC shows that Slant six cares about this title, as we would expect from the famous SOCOM developer. The DLC is coming up on Steam as I write this, I may append to this later after i finish playing around with it (1.8 gb worth!) All in all, if you like cooperative action gameplay with character progression, (buy abilities with xp, take 1 of 3 to each mission, and they are useful:), buy new guns with xp too), and don't mind fiddling for a little while with unusual controls, you will find this game has plenty of replay to sink your teeth into. My biggest complaint is that bots can't rez you, making single player in this game frustratingly difficult on any difficulty. AI in general seems to run a little loose, but it's not game-breaking. There is some nice options for versus matches (Umbrella vs. the US Gov't) Get three friends to rock a campaign of this with you for the night, though, and you will have a blast:) I'd give it a 7/10, the game is shaky, but an excellent effort that is still worth your time if this is your genre. Expand
  2. Oct 16, 2012
    Well, Resident Evil games are slowly losing their touch and this game is solid proof of that. The game is just like any average 3rd person shooter, but with zombies and the name "Resident Evil" in the title. Really disapointing. The only good thing about it is that you're going to have some good fun slaying zombies with your friends. It's really sad to see such a bad resident evil game.
  3. May 21, 2012
    Yeah it's not that bad, co-op is pretty cool but LOL the game is short like hell. Multiplayer is pretty decent so if you like Zombies get it!
  4. May 21, 2012
    My second approach... Score: Graphics - 7/10, Multiplayer 6,5/10, Sound & Music 6/10, Gameplay & Story 5/10, Technically & control 4,5/10, overall 5,5/10. Well, this game is not that bad really, but as Resident Evil game is poor. If you want TPP shooter/action/''little'' horror game, go and buy it, but if you want ''more'' Resident Evil game - just wait for RE6.
  5. Dec 29, 2012
    I almost didn't get this game because of all the bad reviews it got, but I am NOT disappointed with it at all, it feels like the old RE games, but adds a lot of new stuff to the table. It is set around the same time as Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3, it is Umbrella Corporation's attempt to clean up their mess, it is worth your time and is not as bad as people make it out to be.
  6. Oct 6, 2012
    Resident Evil has always been primarily for the fans of classic horror surival. Not for fans of shooters, the new Call of Duty. And if the new RE was to go toward the shooter as only the brave game? Well, um, if you do not have to mean a lot for the entire series and has been done by good, why not? It is a pity that the authors probably just depend on hand that they could pull out of thisResident Evil has always been primarily for the fans of classic horror surival. Not for fans of shooters, the new Call of Duty. And if the new RE was to go toward the shooter as only the brave game? Well, um, if you do not have to mean a lot for the entire series and has been done by good, why not? It is a pity that the authors probably just depend on hand that they could pull out of this product and not on the injured fans. New RE to match, looks weak, it is boring, heavy and not polished. Is the RE fans, and for fans of shooters, this game is not good. If you do not play over the network, your only companions-BOTS overwhelm the game. The game in general is not addictive gameplay as the previous section, but despite what the authors say, if you want to know everything, and you also get the pathetic part. The game can be played, but most are not receiving special benefits from it to the fans have been terribly hurt. My rating- 5/10 Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2012
    Something every gamer puts great store by is value-for-money. We each have to weigh up the return on our investment in any given game. In this case, I
  8. Oct 27, 2012
    I am rewriting this review because the other review that is in my nickname wasnt me who wrote. Was written for a friend of mine who was in my house and he forgot to log out from my account in my PC and wrote that terrible review.

Well, there are a couple things that YES I agree with him. But not everything. Yes the enemies are like sponge bullets, yes the AI is a little bit below my expectations. The game is not all bad, is funny when play with friends. There are some QTes that was unnecessary.

The graphics are pretty meh. The animations when the guys change their mags are poor.

The camera is to far. Looks more like LOST PLANET without the HUGE MONSTERS than anything else.

So I think despite all glitches and all stuff, I thing the game is fair. Not for the price that they are selling. But for 15 bucks that should be fair enough for this. I could give higher grade if this game was for XBOX LIVE or PSN for 15 bucks that's it.

But a spin off with the pretension to be AAA no I don't think so.

7 and I`m being fair!
  9. Oct 30, 2013
    So many little issues its kind of hard to list them all, but nothing game breaking. Just enough of them and just annoying enough to kill the potential here. I knew this wasnt your average resident evil when I got it, but was really intrigued by the prospect of something a little different from this franchise. But still even after playing this game with the fixes, the game still feels likeSo many little issues its kind of hard to list them all, but nothing game breaking. Just enough of them and just annoying enough to kill the potential here. I knew this wasnt your average resident evil when I got it, but was really intrigued by the prospect of something a little different from this franchise. But still even after playing this game with the fixes, the game still feels like it was shoved out the door without the time it needed for proper development. I can only imagine that this must have felt like a hot mess at release.
    Regardless I was just sort of disappointed even after picking this one up on a steam sale. Bottom line its just ok.... nothing special and not one I could recommend to anyone but not terrible either.Just a title you could take a pass on and not miss a thing, or pick up and wonder how the hell they justified pricing it at anything over 15 or 20 bucks.
  10. Apr 8, 2013
    If it wasn't for Heroes Multiplayer mode this game would be an absolute failure. The campaign was by far the most boring thing i have ever played. It would have been more interesting to play as the actual main characters. Controls are alright but it was difficult to adapt to and finally the amount of lag and sudden freeze in the game angers me A LOT! Waste of money and time.
  11. Oct 5, 2014
    Controls are a little clunky, but overall a solid enough game. Good storyline, modest upgrading, and enough weapons to mix it up. Solid 7 for a $5 game
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    Jesus Christ. What a mess. The game is just barely average. It's full of glitches, the A.I is horrendous and the hit damage on enemies seems to be random (I've emptied a whole clip of an assault rifle into a Lickers head and it didn't die, but then but 4-5 bullets of a silenced pistol into another and killed it). And you have to do a lot of grinding to get the good guns. But it's not allJesus Christ. What a mess. The game is just barely average. It's full of glitches, the A.I is horrendous and the hit damage on enemies seems to be random (I've emptied a whole clip of an assault rifle into a Lickers head and it didn't die, but then but 4-5 bullets of a silenced pistol into another and killed it). And you have to do a lot of grinding to get the good guns. But it's not all bad. The gun selection is great, and I like all the characters abilities. The gameplay also feels so much more natural when compared to previous Resident Evils. But really, nothing can stop this game from being just like Brink, a bucket of good ideas that were just slapped together to meet a deadline. Expand
  13. Oct 10, 2013
    I'm giving this game 5 out of 10 because despite it's many flaws it's not entirely broken. Let's start with the good. This game can be very fun when played with several friends because it really does encourage teamwork. It's also the just about the only way to beat the game the AI is so bad. Plus the game looks good and chopping through hordes of zombies with melee is fun to. The bad inI'm giving this game 5 out of 10 because despite it's many flaws it's not entirely broken. Let's start with the good. This game can be very fun when played with several friends because it really does encourage teamwork. It's also the just about the only way to beat the game the AI is so bad. Plus the game looks good and chopping through hordes of zombies with melee is fun to. The bad in this game is glaring from the terrible AI, spongy enemies that absorb bullets, generic third person shooter mechanics and fairly non-threatening zombies. This game isn't the worst game ever but between the hype and its namesake one can't help but be underwhelmed. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2013
    This game is good, not great but good. If you expect it to be like any other game in the series, then it's downright terrible and any true Resident Evil fan will hate it. If however, you look at it as an action shooter that takes place in the Resident Evil world but is it's own entity, it's a decent game.
  15. Mar 17, 2014
    I love the franchise of Resident Evil, each game, obviously. I don't know, I delayed playing this game a lot, just saying it will be a chaos, but it was just a bit different than I thought. I didn't understand why, at the beggining, I face a monster and then it disappear and I will never see him. Why ? What was his purpose? Also, the movement is weird, not so good. The graphics are okai,I love the franchise of Resident Evil, each game, obviously. I don't know, I delayed playing this game a lot, just saying it will be a chaos, but it was just a bit different than I thought. I didn't understand why, at the beggining, I face a monster and then it disappear and I will never see him. Why ? What was his purpose? Also, the movement is weird, not so good. The graphics are okai, but not so nice for 2012. I don't know, I didn't like the gameplay; if you drop down, you can't go back. If there appear many creatures, you have a limited space to move and survive. The most I liked is that Raccoon City is the single RE with real zombies. The comrades are useless and if you die, they cannot revive you. Why ? You're the single good piece in the game. Rare times they heal you, rare times they defend you... They are for nothing. I didn't play the multiplayer, to confirm that if there you can be resurrected, but it's weird. They cannot do something special. I said the movement, the gameplay, now the plot. I didn't understand it at all. I don't know why you can kill Leon ( I have to mention that the game is happening between RE 2 an 3 ) and in the RE 4 you play as him. Something's not linking. Anyway, the characters are good and you can choose what you like, which is a good thing. The last thing I didn't like is that the game ends suddenly, after you have to kill or defend Leon, and that totally decepted me. All in all, is a playable game, and in my opinion, it's from 5 up. From me, 5. Expand

1. Jul 12, 2012
    A Weskered development gives us the Wong game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is evil in the wrong sense. [Sept 2012, p.70]
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    And yet again, the only bright spot in a game about zombies is a CG promo that has nothing in common with the actual gameplay.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 18, 2012
    Absolutely useless addition to Resident Evil series throws away almost everything that made this series famous. The solo campaign is almost unplayable and multiplayer isn't any better. [June 2012]