Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City PC

4.0

1. May 25, 2012
    On my mind Operation Racoon City is much worse than recents games of Resident Evil franchise. But I played with plesure this game. I like this atmosphere, simple story and good action mechanics.
  2. Oct 2, 2013
    Graphics 08/10
    Not really impressive and some animations are a little stiff ...
    But transcribed the ambiance resident evil 2 which ultimately is what is required ! Sound 04/10 Poor music, very bad and does not really fit the mood of the game. But in the game you can desactivate the music and just use SFX and it's OK ! SFX 09/10 Just really good ! The Story --/20 I do
    Graphics 08/10
    Not really impressive and some animations are a little stiff ...

Sound 04/10
    Poor music, very bad and does not really fit the mood of the game.
    But in the game you can desactivate the music and just use SFX and it's OK !

SFX 09/10
    Just really good !

The Story --/20
    I do not give a rating because the story we already know what'll happen, so no surprise but we are warned it is Resident Evil 2 !

Gameplay 08/10
    Versatile! It changes abitudes franchise with good ideas such as active and passive special abilities that are well managed, and that really changes the gameplay ...

Lifetime 03/10
    The big downside of the game, once the campaign ended (which is pretty fast) the game was over too much interest over it is almost impossible to find players online That suxx !

Why are u so negative whit this game ?
    You are an FPS fan You dont realy like this game, but i think you must return on your Battlefield fast !
    You are an zombie game player This game is a good game !
    You are a Resident Evil 2 Fan You love this game !

PS My real note of this game is 07/10 but i give 10 cause some others retards give ZERO
  3. May 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not perfect at all but also not the disaster console reviews claim it to be. It does so much right on PC:

DX11 HDR Lighting, DX11 tessellation on some boss models. High & Smooth FPS, Detailed environments, revisits iconic locations from Resident Evil2 & 3 games.

Controls are best suited to mouse + KB. Wireless & Wired 360 gamepad's are supported & ok but mouse+kb is more accurate & the game has no aim assist or auto aim so you need to be accurate in places.

Loading times are very fast no more than 5-10 seconds on an SSD.

Sound FX is excellent, Voiceovers are also very good & you will recognise a few familar voices. Music is functional its really background noise but the sound mixing is movie quality overall.

Game is designed to be a 4 player Co-Op experience but the AI is also good enough for solo play its no better/worse than anything else you can always get AI trapped or it does something silly like most games.

You can play the story mode in solo with 3 AI squad mates or public/private with randoms/friends.

SP is around 25 hours long then the various online game modes add about the same again but a lot more if you want to rise to the top of the leaderboards.

There are also lots of weapons/gadgets/upgrades to unlock with the XP you earn in all game modes (it stacks). Saving is via checkpoints which are fast & seamless apart from a small onscreen disk drive icon.

GFWL + SSA keys are the only DRM used here & it has unlimited activations as long as you use the same gamertag it was first registered to (ensure your also using a gamertag from the 35 supported GFWL regions). No DVD check on the retail version either after install the DVD is not needed. You can even copy/paste the default install folder to another PC it will work as long as you use the same gamertag to connect to GFWL servers it will ask onscreen to re-enter the game serial number & that's it the only DRM present here.

If you like Resident Evil/Left 4 Dead then this is the game for you it feels like a hybrid between the two content wise but plays more like Left4Dead than anything else. Its well made & no apparent bugs I could find plus it runs quite smoothly on max DX11 everything so if your a fan of squad action games like L4D series but also like Resident Evil this is a game you will enjoy playing for quite some time.
    It revisits classic locations from Resident Evil2 & 3 so presents some of those earlier games from a different perspective. You cannot interact with anything from the earlier games other than move through the levels surviving the onslaught!! It even has zombie modes similar to COD Black Ops where you get infected & can turn on your squad mates!!!
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    I have a lot of fun playing this game. As a video game it isn't particularly good in many respects but I'm always returning to this game to indulge in some coop and versus. I've never regretted this purchase since I got it day one. You can get it on the PS Store for 10 euro at the moment and I highly recommend you do.
  5. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No one ever said that this game would be like other RE games, it was obvious from the start that it's a multiplayer based spin off. It's not supposed to be survival in classic RE ways, otherwise it would be boring for four players. Still, the game is not easy, especially on hardest difficulty, where the real challenge is. As I notice, many people judge the game by single player, so is wrong, because main potential of this game is multiplayer. It's not the game's fault if people fail to understand that. Expand
  6. May 19, 2012
    This game is hardcore. I can get head shots with my mates and find some of that green herb. Good times. This game may have some glitches but nothing that a pro gamer cannot handle. Get this game gamers.
  7. May 19, 2012
    This game is not like any prior Resident Evil game. That is to say, this game is enjoyable. Gone is any frustration at a cripple pretty-boy main character who has his feet bolted to the ground as soon as he pulls out a gun. Gone is any frustration at managing a Tetris-esque inventory. Every Resident Evil game should be like this; fun, enjoyable, playable. Even if the desktop versions seemsThis game is not like any prior Resident Evil game. That is to say, this game is enjoyable. Gone is any frustration at a cripple pretty-boy main character who has his feet bolted to the ground as soon as he pulls out a gun. Gone is any frustration at managing a Tetris-esque inventory. Every Resident Evil game should be like this; fun, enjoyable, playable. Even if the desktop versions seems like a port, it is still better than any other game in this series. Buy this game, and if you want to learn the rest of the story, just check the wiki or Youtube. Don't subject yourself to any other Resident Evil Game. Expand
  8. Jun 1, 2012
    This game is awesome. I thought the graphics were great and up to date.This IS a cover based shooter I haven't been stupid enough to run into anything that was not obviously cover. . When you walk into a room a see a bunch of chest high boxes or ledges its obvious what is and is not cover. The AI is plenty stupid, but no more stupid than Left 4 Dead AI or any other game where you have aThis game is awesome. I thought the graphics were great and up to date.This IS a cover based shooter I haven't been stupid enough to run into anything that was not obviously cover. . When you walk into a room a see a bunch of chest high boxes or ledges its obvious what is and is not cover. The AI is plenty stupid, but no more stupid than Left 4 Dead AI or any other game where you have a fairly worthless squad of AI. I don't know what exactly makes people nerd rage so hard about this game... Expand
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In my opinion this game is underrated, it isn't much like the other resident evil games, such as you don't have any inventory space like you did the in the old ones, you can only carry 1 F.A spray, 1 anti-virus spray and some grenades. But you can get different powers which comes in very useful while, fighting off a tough enemy, a pack of enemies or helping out team mates. What i like about this resident evil is that you can play with three other people, also how the game links in with the storyline of resident evil 2 and 3 as you come across some rather familiar faces. The controls are good as well, i liked using the mouse compared to a gamepad or buttons i had to in resident evil 4. The multiplayer feature is a definite bonus in my opinion, being able to play against other players using different sets of skills i think added +2 on to my rating, the other 6 came from the story line, the weapons, the system of unlocking weapons and skills and the skills themselves. A good game and good gameplay. Expand
  10. Sep 14, 2014
    Racoon city is nice game, just need more missions, i finish game in 1 day...
    Resident evil 3 example finish 200 times (to complete game 100%) but racoon finish in only 1 day, that is bad
  11. Jul 10, 2016
    This is by far the greatest of the Resident Evil games, It abandons both the **** camera angle of the old games and the awful controls of 4 and 5. It gets rid of the interesting lead characters in favor for crap ones with zero personality, and I appreciate that as It reflects myself and my boring life. Seriously my life is incredibly depressing, My mother was killed by and drug dealer, andThis is by far the greatest of the Resident Evil games, It abandons both the **** camera angle of the old games and the awful controls of 4 and 5. It gets rid of the interesting lead characters in favor for crap ones with zero personality, and I appreciate that as It reflects myself and my boring life. Seriously my life is incredibly depressing, My mother was killed by and drug dealer, and yes she was that drug dealer.

What am I even doing with my life?

Please end my suffering.

1. Jul 12, 2012
    A Weskered development gives us the Wong game. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is evil in the wrong sense. [Sept 2012, p.70]
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    And yet again, the only bright spot in a game about zombies is a CG promo that has nothing in common with the actual gameplay.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jun 18, 2012
    Absolutely useless addition to Resident Evil series throws away almost everything that made this series famous. The solo campaign is almost unplayable and multiplayer isn't any better. [June 2012]