Resonance PC

8.0

1. May 6, 2013
    Other than the graphics, this is one of the best adventure games I have ever played. The story is fast paced and engaging. The puzzles were challenging and logical. The music and voice acting were good. There were some new and interesting game mechanics. The first is the short-term and long-term memory system. Second is switching between the four main characters in order to solve puzzles.Other than the graphics, this is one of the best adventure games I have ever played. The story is fast paced and engaging. The puzzles were challenging and logical. The music and voice acting were good. There were some new and interesting game mechanics. The first is the short-term and long-term memory system. Second is switching between the four main characters in order to solve puzzles. The character animations are good, each character has their own set of expressions. Some animations like walking around are jumpy like old 16 bit games. The biggest negative to this game is the graphics resolution, about the same as an old fashioned Sierra title from the early 90's. Since some of the puzzles and game mechanics rely on visual cues, this detracts from the overall playing experience. What is most impressive about this game is that it provides a good experience in spite of this primitive graphics resolution. Expand
  2. Jul 3, 2012
    Definitely an effort that deserves praise, given the limited budget and the cheap pricetag, but definitely still just a shadow of the magnificence of the point and click of the golden age. The plot starts off really slowly and fails to be engaging, taking ideas from the settings that remind me of the worst B-movies, yet it flies off around 2/3 of the game and manages to link all theDefinitely an effort that deserves praise, given the limited budget and the cheap pricetag, but definitely still just a shadow of the magnificence of the point and click of the golden age. The plot starts off really slowly and fails to be engaging, taking ideas from the settings that remind me of the worst B-movies, yet it flies off around 2/3 of the game and manages to link all the elements of the first half in a pretty satisfying way; I wouldn't say everything makes perfect sense and the reasoning of the characters may set you off for their illogical reactions, but all you need to know is explained. The ending doesn't really live up to the pathos that was built up a bit before, but it's still satisfying and provides closure. About the puzzles, I actually found it to be extremely logic, but too much straightforward; if you follow the plot with attention it's pretty unlikely you'd be stuck up, mostly because they require you to put together simple clues that were given a bit before; I sadly found the characters' conversation to be not subtle at all and basically spoiling most of the actual solutions. The voice acting was bittersweet; a couple of characters were extremely impressive, while the other were utterly terrible; I really hope Wadjeteye will get enough budget to get a more professional cast in the future releases.
    The middle part opened up, which was a nice surprise in this kind of game, yet I was surprised by the overall length, which does feel short for a game that was in development for five years. Yet I'm nitpicking; the game is worth the price and is a great gem in the indie substrate; you'll find a great price/value ratio in this game; despite some little flaw, some small original idea and the care that was given to this project will probably make you happy.
  3. Dec 1, 2012
    The game gives you four protagonist to play. They start out being introduced one-by-one but later on you get to play them simultaneously. The story is the big strength, spiced with some interesting character interplay/dialogue and twists. The puzzles start out simple but get more complex as the plot evolves. Resonance introduces a memory system which enhances what you can talk about inThe game gives you four protagonist to play. They start out being introduced one-by-one but later on you get to play them simultaneously. The story is the big strength, spiced with some interesting character interplay/dialogue and twists. The puzzles start out simple but get more complex as the plot evolves. Resonance introduces a memory system which enhances what you can talk about in dialogues, similar to what you have as an inventory - an inventory of the mind, if you will. Although the puzzles are overall very well done, there were a few frustrating ones relying on exactly the memory aspect that in my opinion spoiled this element which is so vital to the game. The story is pretty good with clever surprises and sometimes the development is influenced by your choices. In principal, I was satisfied with the ending although the cut-scenes to all different endings seem somewhat over-the-top and a little non-credible. Resonance is worth the money if you like adventures heavy with puzzles. Expand

1. Aug 31, 2012
    It's Wadget Eye Games' most ambitious game, but is it their best? In the technical department, as an adventure game, it is. Excellent speech, intelligent use of short/long-time memories, interesting riddles and simultaneous use of four heroes. But, alas, Resonance's scenario can't surpass that of Gemini Rue. [July 2012]
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    While at times frustrating (like all good adventure games), Resonance is an interesting combination of gritty, creepy, and above all else, humorous. Working with memories, and different characters' perceptions of events makes for a satisfying approach to the story.
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    On the whole, Resonance is serviceable entry in a genre where very few games are being made. The plot's not stellar, but it's still pretty good. The animation was fluid, and some of the scenes are quite gorgeous. The music also does a good job of setting the mood for the various locales and situations. Despite how harsh I might be, it's solid enough for being a ten dollar indie title and I do recommend checking it out for adventure fans.