Revenge of the Titans PC

7.6

1. Dec 28, 2011
    Best tower defense game I've played in a long time. Difficult, no broken mechanics, randomly generated hours of fun. Enemies do not follow a fixed path and adapt to the situation. The graphics style has a retro theme and the game is quite challenging.
  2. Apr 22, 2013
    Would have rated this as 6 a year ago for incosistent difficulty and need to backtrack, but the developers really polished it since then. Now, in 2013., it's a wonderful game. Great visual style, brilliant soundtrack, plays really quickly, no fussing to get to the point. Also, sandbox mode editor is great DLC.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    Very interesting game-play, keeps you thinking about not just the approaching enemies but also your resource supply and income (you need this to build). Like what's been said; it's tower defence and RTS combined so it's hard even calling it "tower defence" in the first place. It's more like "base defence".. Why? Instead of monsters just running through the level to get to the other side,Very interesting game-play, keeps you thinking about not just the approaching enemies but also your resource supply and income (you need this to build). Like what's been said; it's tower defence and RTS combined so it's hard even calling it "tower defence" in the first place. It's more like "base defence".. Why? Instead of monsters just running through the level to get to the other side, they are instead aiming for your main base in which you have to defend. This game gets challenging for sure but you are also rewarded unlock-able tower weapons, defence buildings and repair units to make life a bit easier. That also depends on how one uses these properly by placing them in their most effective areas to get maximum efficiency. That's where the RTS comes in.

Way more interesting than normal straight tower defence, I bought this game a while ago and still find myself playing it. It's got huge re-playability which is also a huge plus personally. GET IT!
  4. Mar 28, 2011
    Great fun. I love the retro-future graphics, the tech tree, the frantic action, the music, the comedy. It's a great RTS / TD hybrid and while it can be frustratingly difficult at times, a bit of thought and a different approach usually yields results.

On the negative side, the map can be a little awkward to scroll around sometimes, especially when there's a lot going on as it lacks the ability to zoom in and out - however since most maps are only slightly larger than the viewport, it's really only a minor niggle. Also, sometimes a level can be lost simply by picking the wrong upgrade at the end of the previous level, although this can be easily reversed.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone looking for something new in the Tower Defense genre.
  5. May 1, 2011
    The graphics are retro and cute, the gameplay engaging, and the difficulty... punishing. RotT is nice twist on the ever-more-stale tower defense game, where your defenses are far from invincible and your management strategy necessarily hands-on rather than watch-and-wait. It's rewarding if at times nailbiting, and I found myself switching to a lower difficulty to figure out levels and thenThe graphics are retro and cute, the gameplay engaging, and the difficulty... punishing. RotT is nice twist on the ever-more-stale tower defense game, where your defenses are far from invincible and your management strategy necessarily hands-on rather than watch-and-wait. It's rewarding if at times nailbiting, and I found myself switching to a lower difficulty to figure out levels and then replaying them back at normal just because the waves of enemies can be so brutal. Adding the problem is a tech tree with a zillion options but little guidance as to where to actually go, which had me more or less brute-forcing everything rather than trying to craft any sort of intricate strategy (which I usually find more fun). Still, it's decent enough for $15, so long as you're willing to put up with a few rough edges. Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    This game is just fun. All the modes have a good amount of playtime, and you won't get bored when playing the campaign. There are many ways to defeat the enemy, and I had fun replaying the game. The graphics aren't fantastic, but don't really make the game any bad. The music is... ummm... well, there was not much music in this game. Whatever.

The game just seems a little bit too

The game just seems a little bit too expensive, but I think it's worth the price.
    All in all, the game was nothing really special or new to me, but still a whole lot of fun.
  7. Aug 11, 2013
    I am 30 years old and this brings back memories of the old arcade games I use to play. It has great animation and awesome art. Real fun gamer and east to learn, great for kids and adults alike! 10 out of 10!
  8. Jan 10, 2012
    Revenge of the Titans is a great old-school rts-tower defense mix game in every way. First impression you will get is the graphics. In my opinion the retro style of the game works very well and looks great. There is a little lack of variation when it comes to all the different aliens or towers, but in fact that you get them one by one by research, you will surely learn to differ betweenRevenge of the Titans is a great old-school rts-tower defense mix game in every way. First impression you will get is the graphics. In my opinion the retro style of the game works very well and looks great. There is a little lack of variation when it comes to all the different aliens or towers, but in fact that you get them one by one by research, you will surely learn to differ between them. Beside this the graphics bring you a very nice atmosphere and they work great.
    The Sound are also very retro and they sound like in the old days, when music in games were composed with beeps from you Computer. For sure the quality of the beeps is better, but it´s still made in the old way. The pieces are very nice composed, especially the fugue in the endgame is very nice.... well if i remember it right it´s a bach-cover ^^
    The gameplay is often a point were people complain. I felt the same in the first hours. After every level you can research new technology and new aliens will drop in. Later in the game, you may feel, that your research decisions were wrong, because you get a hard time killing some new special aliens, so you feel like starting all over again. This annoys some people. Well: At first, there every level still available, so you can go back 3 levels instead of all levels, to make your research. Second you maybe will have a hard time to kill those guys, but it´s still very possible. It will cost you a lot´s of money and you will lose a lot of buildings, but that´s war. Don´t predict that you can play this game in a save and flawless way like other tower defense games. Third there is always a "make it easier" button, after you failed a level.
    In the End it´s also a very retro gameplay as in the old days, were games were freakingly hard to beat. Remember great games like xcom, were you have to restart and try different stuff so many times, until you get a working research and economy.
    I love it!
  9. Oct 19, 2012
    Revenge of the Titans is an awesome tower defense game that you can just pop into whenever you feel like it.It has many different kind of buildings and enemies and i also love the slightly retro art style of the game.
  10. Sep 2, 2014
    This game is truly not for everybody but it is for me. I find this game to be funny and addictive, what more can I want? The game can be challenging but not frustratingly so, at least that's the way I feel about it. Graphics are not important on this type of game so they will do as they are, there is no need for the next gen 3D on this one, 2D works just fine here. There are some good newThis game is truly not for everybody but it is for me. I find this game to be funny and addictive, what more can I want? The game can be challenging but not frustratingly so, at least that's the way I feel about it. Graphics are not important on this type of game so they will do as they are, there is no need for the next gen 3D on this one, 2D works just fine here. There are some good new ideas that get time to get used to but in the end they work really good on this game. I really can't seem to find anything to complain about so that makes me give it 10/10. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 20, 2011
    Revenge of the Titans doesn't bring too many new ideas to the crowded tower defence genre, but its blend of real-time strategy and arcade action does provide it with a unique twist. And it looks and sounds great, too! [May 2011]
  2. Aug 5, 2011
    Still, the replay value is excellent, and the game is that good mix of simple to learn, but hard to master that will keep people coming back.
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    Revenge of the Titans bring something new to the table, which can be dubbed as an achievement in and of itself, considering the slowly flooding tower defense-genre. It defines itself with challenging gameplay, an amazing visual style, which results into a fast, intense and refreshing game.