9.5

1. AnalogueB.
    May 2, 2007
    A meticulously crafted masterpiece. Nearly 10 years after its original release, it still inspires a sense of awe. If only games were still made with such astonishing intricacy and lavish attention to detail.
  2. TedZ.
    Jul 12, 2004
    The Myst series is one of my favorite around, and Riven is my favorite of the series. The slightly ominous undertone makes it one of my favorite games. Ever.
  3. IanG.
    Oct 20, 2004
    Riven's definitely a masterpiece and my favorite game: it's the perfect balance between storytelling, artwork and well-integrated puzzles. Don't believe those who say that the puzzles in Riven are illogical: everything has a reason to be there!
  4. Mike
    Jan 29, 2005
    If youre going to play the Myst Series, this is the one to play. Its the best out of all of them! The puzzles are not as difficult as in Myst 4. and the graphics are more real.
  5. LukeM.
    Jun 9, 2004
    The Graphics r Phenomenal, so's the story, gameplay and difficulty. I have managed to beat this game without a guide but was by far the hardest game I have ever played. This is also my favorite game of all time. Myst Fans should get this game right away!
  6. DannyV.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Riven is a beautiful, challenging sequel that lives up to the original in every way. It may have been a bit too challenging, though.

1. It's not only phenomenal gaming, but it's a work of art.
  2. It's a leisurely paced, all-encompassing, mentally challenging experience. If you enjoyed "Myst," you'll thoroughly enjoy Riven.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was well worth the wait. It's a perfect game for fans of this type of adventure and deserves to be every bit as popular as Myst.