7.9

1. Jun 29, 2013
    Expect to win the game about as frequently as in vanilla Nethack. RL offers a challenging, fun, casual (hardcore-casual, though!) experience. You can pick the game up, head off and die a few times, then set it down and go do something else the dying actually serves the game very well to break the overall game up into bite-size chunks.

In RL, you're effectively grinding the game to get

In RL, you're effectively grinding the game to get gear, stats, and abilities for the "over-game" which is the point in which you actually have a shot in Hell of getting through to the final area. There are a few glitches here and there, usually which'll kill you by, for example, having a character apparently undecided if he's on or off a ledge, so he can't jump but dying is fun.

RL adds quite a bit of fun easter egg type content throughout the castles to ensure things are always fresh, and that you always want to explore. The best part about this content is that it's very rare. You can die 50 times and never see more than a small handful of the "fun" rooms, so the freshness of these unique rooms doesn't wear off quickly like if you were seeing repeats so often, they become "normal."

I would say, if you like games similar to Binding of Isaac or Nethack, you'll appreciate the intentional imbalance in this game.
  2. Jun 26, 2014
    I don't know why, but I'm addicted to this game. Is an old style platform with many modern elements that make it a joy to play.From the beginning to the end is probably too frustrating, but then you have that particular session in which everything goes right, and you feel you are playing one of the best games ever.
    I think it deserves a sequel with a bigger environment, now the levels
    I think it deserves a sequel with a bigger environment, now the levels graphic is flat and boring.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Rogue Legacy is a fantastic game that combines the classic action-platforming style (and look) of Castlevania & Ghosts & Ghouls with a modern compulsion based structure that is as clever and innovative as it is challenging.

The game is far from easy, designed to be a "Rogue-Like" game where upon each death, you have to start over and delve once again into the randomly generated castle.

However, Cellar Door Games have lightened this hardcore feature in a creative and intelligent way through their Lineage System, allowing a sense of advancement and progression in a game fundamentally about perma-death and skill runs.

Upon each death, you are asked to choose an heir to your legacy. Your heir inherits the gold collected on your previous runs and can use it to upgrade Castle Components for new classes and permanent benefits, Forge New Weapons and Armor with statistical upgrades and powers and Enchant Runes that slot into each piece of equipment which grant you important skills to customize your character to your play style. All these upgrades carry forward to each heir in succession, slowly growing your legacy and power and allowing you to more quickly dispatch enemies and make more and more progress.

Humorous randomly assigned Traits (some cosmetic, some debilitating, some extremely beneficial) keep things fresh and endearingly hilarious on each run. This allows you to stay invested until your skills are good enough that the challenge of the level matches your understanding of the system and you to begin to use strategy to plan our your next assault choosing the hero with the class, traits or spells that would best suit your next run's goals.

Secret Areas, Chests and Skill Based Challenges make each new room of the castle an intriguing surprise as you hope for another armor blueprint, magic rune, or pile of gold that will allow you to purchase more upgrades and finally defeat that next ridiculous boss that has haunted you for generations.

The game's nostalgia value, smooth, simple controls and delightful humor draw you in, and it's upgrade and advancement system keeps you eagerly playing. The game overall is an impressive, innovative and rewarding title and aside from the difficulty, there is little not to like about this incredible indie game.
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    Great game, hard difficulty, alot of replay and a huge upgrade system.
    Great game, hard difficulty, alot of replay and a huge upgrade system.
    My only complaint is you upgrade certain types of charas (knights, mages, or barbarians) and the game still won't let you specifically pick that type. So you die and get a knave (nothing at all) a bard and a mage, but you've been leveling knights.... Basically you're gonna just spawn, run into castle and die because playing that class is pointless. This add nothing to my fun at all, huge downside for me. Going to try and get either cheats, or a mod to fix it.
  5. Jul 1, 2013
    I normally hate games that have unforgiving learning curves and an element of randomness to them, but this game, for some reason, has been incredibly addictive to me. I will play it for an hour or two, then give up, feeling sick of it, only to come back after an hour for another round. It's hard, but it's fair, and once you learn what does and does not work for you, it gets much better.I normally hate games that have unforgiving learning curves and an element of randomness to them, but this game, for some reason, has been incredibly addictive to me. I will play it for an hour or two, then give up, feeling sick of it, only to come back after an hour for another round. It's hard, but it's fair, and once you learn what does and does not work for you, it gets much better. You learn how to play each class, which classes you prefer, what equipment loadouts work best for you with each class, and when you should avoid certain rooms and when you should go for it.

The random traits can be fun, and you also learn which ones are good, which ones are minor annoyances, and which ones you have to avoid. And the best part about that those three will vary from player to player. I personally can't handle the Colorblind trait, but some of my best playthroughs have come with the Vertigo trait, because it forced me to slow down and think.

For all the randomness, though, it's got little touches that keep it from getting out of hand. The castle's floor plan can be locked in, the areas are almost always located in the same general orientation (though I've had 2 runs where they were not correct), and there are little touches that prevent you from getting blindsided by damage, if you pay attention.

Only two real problems occur: there are a couple traits and runes that are far better then others (lots of areas only accesible by those with dwarfism, P.A.D. can make challenging rooms a joke, O.C.D. is always good, while siphon and vampirism runes will be your go to runes) and there are still some minor bugs ('Invulnerable' enemies die without seeming to take damage).

Overall, a very fun Metroidvania game. Don't be scared away by the roguelite aspect; the game handles it in a way that changes it from source of annoyance to fun way to break up tedium.
  6. Jun 30, 2013
    Great game, great controls, great art style, neat mechanics, interesting new approach.

Yeah, it's pretty much awesome. Think Castlevania Symphony of the Night Dark Souls Randomization in the form of a hardcore side-scrolling action platformer. I really don't get where the criticism of the controls is coming from. Maybe it's the controller? I used a Dualshock 3 with MotionInJoy and the XInput option to emulate the 360 controller. The D-Pad on it worked perfectly for me. If not, I really suggest people just play it a little bit more. The controls are -perfect- once you get used to them. Otherwise, you'd never get through the later areas....
  7. Jun 27, 2013
    At its core, a castlevania-esque (it actually reminds me more of Ghouls n' Ghosts) platformer with fun, challenging gameplay. Where this game shines, however, is in the unique blend of influences from the rogue-like genre. Featuring permanent death, when a character dies, you begin playing as that character's child, inheriting the family lineage. Each new character is highly unique,At its core, a castlevania-esque (it actually reminds me more of Ghouls n' Ghosts) platformer with fun, challenging gameplay. Where this game shines, however, is in the unique blend of influences from the rogue-like genre. Featuring permanent death, when a character dies, you begin playing as that character's child, inheriting the family lineage. Each new character is highly unique, however, and there are plenty of classes/specialization options. Characters have some sort of quirk-- if he is dyslexic, for instance, wrods iwll appaer scarmbeld; if she is colorblind, you will be enjoying the game in black-and-white (until she meets her unfortunate end, leaving her empire to her highly-flatulent dwarf son...etc etc). This highly innovative mechanic gives each playthrough a unique feel, aside from the typical rogue-like standards of character customization and world randomization.

tl;dr: A quality 2d platformer/rogue-like--with plenty of replay value, a steal for the price tag.
  8. Jun 30, 2013
    The most fun i had with a game in a long while. Its hard. Especially at the beginning. Even if its a rogue like game it has some retention of priror runs in form of money, equipment, enchantments etc. This is how you progress and are able to tackle harder enemies.

Its procedurally generated. Gives flashbacks to Castlevania and Ghost and goblins. Very addictive and fun! (Just one more run...)
  9. Jun 28, 2013
    What you need to know is that this game is hard... it has a slightly steep learning curve (for today's gen)..
    if you've been playing retro games, then you'll fit right in...
    the game combines castlevania style combat, metroid style exploration with "RANDOMLY GENERATED LEVELSl" oh! and "with a pinch of ghosts 'n goblins" metroidvania fans should be drooling all over this RIGHT NOW!
    if you've been playing retro games, then you'll fit right in...

metroidvania fans should be drooling all over this RIGHT NOW!

as the title of the game says, this is a roguelike game... permadeath...
    BUT
    you have an HEIR system... if you die, u can choose an heir who will be next to enter the castle... each heir has some different TRAIT like myopia, flatulence, etc...its mainly to keep the game fresh, though the traits are limited in number... each heir may or may not be of a different class.. the castle layout will be different when you enter each time...

the upgrade system is pretty good.. using ingame gold, you can unlock new classes, a blacksmith who sells you weapons, armor and stuff IF you can find the missing blueprints...similarly the enchantress for runes, which give you special abilities like hover, dash etc... play around with the runes to find your ideal combination..
    the architect is an important npc who will fix the layout of the castle so that you can replay the same layout.. this especially helps with boss fights and challenges...

the enemies lack in variety, but this isnt an issue..

overall this an excellent game which everyone should play, especially metroidvania and retro fans.
    solid game! go get it!
  10. Jun 30, 2013
    This game looks and plays like a side-scrolling Action-RPG from 20 years ago. You jump, attack and dodge around the enemies and their attacks. There is one randomly generated dungeon with a few different types of areas in it. There are a couple dozen different types of enemies and the same boss fights each time. The controls are solid and it plays well with a gamepad. The gameplay is notThis game looks and plays like a side-scrolling Action-RPG from 20 years ago. You jump, attack and dodge around the enemies and their attacks. There is one randomly generated dungeon with a few different types of areas in it. There are a couple dozen different types of enemies and the same boss fights each time. The controls are solid and it plays well with a gamepad. The gameplay is not complicated, but the game itself is challenging. You will probably die a lot, but at least it will be your fault. Victory is not an eventuality, so if you get frustrated easily you may wind up not enjoying yourself. (I can pretty much guarantee the people who gave this game negative reviews got frustrated and quit.) Every time you die, you will start over as one of three new randomly generated characters of randomized classes, but you get to spend the gold you've earned on the previous run on upgrades. By default all of the gold you do not spend will be taken from you when you re-enter the dungeon, so if you perform poorly you may not be able to upgrade anything but if you put together a good run you will be able to buy numerous upgrades. It can be a bit of a grind to accumulate enough upgrades and/or increase your skills enough to defeat the game, especially if you aren't very good at these types of games. Beating this game won't get you anything fancy but it feels like an accomplishment. For the price it is a good value and has long-term re-playability. It would be perfect as a portable but is still good on a PC. It could benefit from more enemy variety and customizable options, but overall a good play. Expand
  11. Jun 30, 2013
    Pretty nice castle exploration RPG game. I spent around 4 hours in the first day. I like heir concept but I wish there were more different level tiles, character traits and maybe more weapons to choose from.
  12. Jul 20, 2013
    I liked this game and played it pretty much to "completion" (I've all the steam achievements and I played it to legacy +7 or +8. At this point the game becomes very broken but most of it I enjoyed before that. The bosses are a bit easy in face they're easier than the normal monsters after completing the game for the first time. Nevertheless I had fun with the game and enjoyed jumping andI liked this game and played it pretty much to "completion" (I've all the steam achievements and I played it to legacy +7 or +8. At this point the game becomes very broken but most of it I enjoyed before that. The bosses are a bit easy in face they're easier than the normal monsters after completing the game for the first time. Nevertheless I had fun with the game and enjoyed jumping and killing and the different variations of the game.

Pros:
    + I really liked the RPG aspects of this game. Upgrading your castle to upgrade your character and to do so in other ways as well was what kept me going for 20h+, which for me was money's worth for this game.
    + I liked the music, background and the nice events the dungeon had to offer. In addition the character traits were a fun addition.
    + Changing the class was fun way to play the game in different ways and there were even class-specific challenges for rewards throughout the castle.
    + This game didn't need a story and neither did it really have one. It was fun to play.

Cons:
    - I felt that the scaling of your character is really bad since monsters do scale with levels. Your character doesn't and you'll pretty much get 1-2 shotted at the point of game where I am by some of the monsters. Also most classes become useless later on taking some of the fun away.
    - The animation of the sword (arc of the slash and length of the sword) don't match the actual hitbox of the sword which I found frustrating at times.
    - In my taste it should have had more zones, bosses and events.
  13. Jul 19, 2013
    I can't remember the last time I played a single-player at least a couple of times every day over the course of a few weeks. Rogue Legacy's tight controls, engaging gameplay, challenging (randomly generated) dungeons, and extensive skill tree roped me in, and it is not likely to let go anytime soon. I find myself returning at an alarmingly high frequency to sit down for half hour sessionsI can't remember the last time I played a single-player at least a couple of times every day over the course of a few weeks. Rogue Legacy's tight controls, engaging gameplay, challenging (randomly generated) dungeons, and extensive skill tree roped me in, and it is not likely to let go anytime soon. I find myself returning at an alarmingly high frequency to sit down for half hour sessions to relax and get a small amount of progress, or sit in for longer sessions trying to plow my way through my 2nd new game (the challenge increases with every NG+).

Little needs to be said about this game, for it succeeds on so many levels. With that being said, I've found some issues with hitboxes, glitches, and general jankiness (enemies turning invisible, how terrible the "Vertigo" trait is, etc) so this is not quite a perfect score from me.

Pick up this game, though. It is completely worth it.

14. Two
    Jul 5, 2013
    This game is hard. It manages to dangle progress infront of the player just enough to keep them wanting more though. The style is reminiscent of 8bit game days and trust me when I say this, it really helps if you have a controller to go with it. I found the music a little lacking, and my only other complaint is that sometimes I found myself wanting to throw my computer against the wallThis game is hard. It manages to dangle progress infront of the player just enough to keep them wanting more though. The style is reminiscent of 8bit game days and trust me when I say this, it really helps if you have a controller to go with it. I found the music a little lacking, and my only other complaint is that sometimes I found myself wanting to throw my computer against the wall because I'd failed, yet again, to get enough gold for an upgrade I needed and charon was going to take it all anyway. All in all, the game is great. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2014
    Rouge Legacy does everything Megaman with more variance. The constant change in weapons, characters, and skills require consistent adjustment of playstyle with each life. The heir continue system is a unique approach that keeps this platforming powerhouse fresh. Could not be happier. Full review later.
  16. Jul 2, 2013
    If you love roguelike games and/or metroidvania type action RPGs, this game will suck your hours dry. It is super fun and addictive and very well designed. Never played anything that Cellar Door previously put out (And they break the 4th wall in this and talk rather cruelly and sarcastically about their previous games) but regardless of whatever past mistakes they've released as an indieIf you love roguelike games and/or metroidvania type action RPGs, this game will suck your hours dry. It is super fun and addictive and very well designed. Never played anything that Cellar Door previously put out (And they break the 4th wall in this and talk rather cruelly and sarcastically about their previous games) but regardless of whatever past mistakes they've released as an indie developer, they have a surefire hit on this one. There is a reason this game topped Steam's Top Seller list for a week, and it probably would still be on there if not for the new sales, and that reason is you can't get more a more fun, addictive Action RPG game than this for $15, worth every cent, and I gladly would have paid more. (hint hint devs, think about doing some DLC!). Have played about 16 hours so far. Expand
  17. Jul 5, 2013
    A great mix of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Castlevania SON, Super Metroid, and Mega Man. If you loved any of those series you should pick up this game. Its a challenging game and extremely addicting. I just wish there were more traits and the progression wasn't so grind gold heavy. I cheated for extra gold and the game was much much more fun (I can't stand grinding for gold and its prettyA great mix of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Castlevania SON, Super Metroid, and Mega Man. If you loved any of those series you should pick up this game. Its a challenging game and extremely addicting. I just wish there were more traits and the progression wasn't so grind gold heavy. I cheated for extra gold and the game was much much more fun (I can't stand grinding for gold and its pretty easy to just use a HEX editor and get you the gold).

The randomized levels really gives this game its staying power and makes every play through interesting and fun.

The only thing this game is missing is multiplayer and maybe a few more traits, enemy classes, and areas to explore. Overall it just does so much right. A must have for 2013.
  18. Aug 26, 2013
    An easy to play, hard to master game. A funny and entertaining platformer. Combines multiple niche genres, albeit not all of them unique, for some fresh and enjoyable gameplay.
  19. r50
    Sep 8, 2013
    I enjoyed this game very much. There's also not much else like it so I'd recommend it if you're interested in roguelikes and platforming. Feels a lot like Castlevania and Ghost & Goblins.
  20. Jul 25, 2013
    I like this game a lot. It's not as punishing as other rogue-likes, so it's a lot more accessible. Every life, you have to pick between 3 children, and each child has different classes and traits, so you're forced to learn the nuances of game as opposed to just learning 1 small subset, which is refreshing.
  21. Sep 4, 2013
    Rogue Legacy is an extremely fun and challenging game that I have really enjoyed playing. I generally do not play games like RL, but decided to give it a try nonetheless. I have played seven hours so far, and I have to say that I won't be beating the game any time soon. To me this is a strength of the game. The fact that I can play seven hours of a game and feel like there is much leftRogue Legacy is an extremely fun and challenging game that I have really enjoyed playing. I generally do not play games like RL, but decided to give it a try nonetheless. I have played seven hours so far, and I have to say that I won't be beating the game any time soon. To me this is a strength of the game. The fact that I can play seven hours of a game and feel like there is much left for me to discover and find is truly a rarity in gaming these days. With the runes found in rooms that are difficult to complete, and the blacksmith blueprints, and even the skill tree, there is a lot to explore here. One of the best parts of Rogue Legacy is the randomly generated castle. There are multiple sections, and in order to win the game one must beat the four bosses from all the areas and then a final boss (if I'm not mistaken). So far, I haven't beaten one boss yet, but I feel as though I will soon be able to. The classes are another strength of the game. They are quite varied, with Shinobi having low health but dealing damage, the paladin being the well rounded class, and around five other classes (so far) that are available when you choose your heir. Overall, I recommend giving this game a shot regardless of what anyone may regularly play. The game is certainly funny, challenging, and deceivingly simple--in short, it's a blast. Expand
  22. Aug 7, 2013
    Fun game. You need a game pad to really enjoy it. Very hard. Throwback to the unforgiving games of the NES era. All the randomness is fun, the quick runs and near misses make you just wanna play one more game. Progression is fun, unlocking new features and upgrades.

It can get a little frustrating at times as once you get into the game, you have to hit a minimum amount of gold for the run to be at all useful in unlocking upgrades, but that is the nature of "rouge like"

Buy it if you like Ghost and Goblins type games, and have a game pad.
  23. Aug 9, 2013
    Rogue Legacy Review -
    Originally posted on http://www.yeahyeahcool.com/2013/08/08/rogue-legacy-review/
    By: William Valdes @WTValdes Let’s go back in time nearly thirty years ago. The year was 1985. A hot new game from Capcom hit the arcades that September called ‘Ghouls ‘n Goblins’. You pop a quarter in the machine and your quest begins as Arthur, a knight in shining armor who must
    Rogue Legacy Review -

By: William Valdes @WTValdes

Let’s go back in time nearly thirty years ago. The year was 1985. A hot new game from Capcom hit the arcades that September called ‘Ghouls ‘n Goblins’. You pop a quarter in the machine and your quest begins as Arthur, a knight in shining armor who must battle armies of the evil undead to rescue the fair Princess and bring about peace to the entire kingdom. It becomes quickly apparent that this game is tough! You hack and slash your way through the 2D side-scrolling level until you meet your inevitable demise. Up to this point, Rogue Legacy is strikingly similar to Ghouls ‘n Goblins in many ways but it’s also where the similarities end and Rogue Legacy’s unique hook gets the spotlight.

Once your character dies, you choose from one a few possible next-of-kin to continue on the quest. With a new generation, comes a huge variety of different classes, abilities, and traits. One moment you may get a female dwarf-barbarian with light feet that won’t trigger floor spike traps, another time, a giant male mage with color-blindness that turns your screen black and white. You also inherit all of the gold acquired in the previous run which can be used to level your character up with increased attributes or new weapons and armor. New abilities also empower your characters just as much as leveling does. A room filled with spike traps is made all the safer with double jumps and mid-air dashes. Enemies gradually become more difficult as you level up and the various area bosses are challenging but gratifying when you defeat them. The layout of the castle you explore is procedurally generated, so it resets with each new generation unless you’re willing to give up some gold to lock down the most recent layout.

Fans of the 16-bit era will feel right at home with the look and feel of this game. This game has full controller support on Steam and like pretty much every platformer, it’s best played with one. The controls feel great, the game looks great and the gameplay is super addictive. Playing Rogue Legacy was one of those rare experiences for me where time just fly’s by while you’re in a deep gaming trance. I really like this game. A lot. One of the best games I’ve played all year.

A
  24. Aug 12, 2013
    Rogue Legacy is funny, addicting, and has surprising hard game play. The boss fights are satisfying, my only problem with them is how few of them there are. Character progression is phenomenal, the way they implemented re-spawning system is clever and makes more sense than the typical systems. You get a new guy every time, a descendant of the person you had previously played. You chooseRogue Legacy is funny, addicting, and has surprising hard game play. The boss fights are satisfying, my only problem with them is how few of them there are. Character progression is phenomenal, the way they implemented re-spawning system is clever and makes more sense than the typical systems. You get a new guy every time, a descendant of the person you had previously played. You choose between 3 characters, each have a different play style and different traits. You can have a dwarf trait and be extremely small or gigantism and be very big. There are too many traits to list, some are funny and don't do anything. I recommend playing the game with a controller, I found it difficult to play on keyboard. Expand
  25. Aug 7, 2013
    This game is pure awesome. So addictive! It is pretty challenging at first until you level up your abilities and get some decent gear but the difficulty is what makes it great. Just be nice if you could leave the dungeon and buy stuff/change gear without having to die. Also, the sounds affects are pretty naff and the music can get seriously annoying. Almost finished it 3 times throughThis game is pure awesome. So addictive! It is pretty challenging at first until you level up your abilities and get some decent gear but the difficulty is what makes it great. Just be nice if you could leave the dungeon and buy stuff/change gear without having to die. Also, the sounds affects are pretty naff and the music can get seriously annoying. Almost finished it 3 times through now and still can't get enough. Expand
  26. Sep 24, 2013
    One of the few games I've played to make "grinding" fun. Early in the game you are a wimp that will die. A lot. But the more gold you gather for your legacy, the stronger your characters get and you can survive slightly longer than the last one. The classes are just different enough to keep things interesting from life to life (aside from the newly-randomly-generated world). The game playsOne of the few games I've played to make "grinding" fun. Early in the game you are a wimp that will die. A lot. But the more gold you gather for your legacy, the stronger your characters get and you can survive slightly longer than the last one. The classes are just different enough to keep things interesting from life to life (aside from the newly-randomly-generated world). The game plays nicely on a gamepad, as all platformers should. If I could change anything about the game it would be to have a greater variety of enemies and cut back a bit on the spikes and traps. Expand
  27. Aug 2, 2013
    This isn't really a 'rogue like' game at all.

This isn't really a 'rogue like' game at all.

With that giant lie out of the way. This is a nifty platformer game, with dynamically (not really random) designed dungeons, that fit together in many many many different rooms and orders. It is limited in enemy types of under 10 different types of enemies, that grow stronger (and bigger and meaner). Plus 4 boss mobs, and a new game+ mode for even more fun!!
    Seriously with all the negatives out of the way, I just found myself playing it, and losing track of time. It is frustrating and hard, but you get better at it and instead of clearing the first 3 rooms, soon you start clearing huge areas on each run.
    Addictive 2d platform game that makes the other platform games you've played recently look to be frank. Bad. This game using a simple interface that works and is fun. It isn't overly complicated, with several different spells you can use and only one sword attack, yet it works and it works well.
  28. Jul 8, 2013
    Easy to learn, but pleasant game. If you have 30 minutes to spend it's excellent choice. If you have 5 hours it is also excellent choice.

+ addictive game play
    + easy controls
    + nice, old school music
    + rpg-like elements

- may be boring after some time (I didn't achieve this point yet after 8h of playing)
  29. Jul 13, 2013
    This little game is just packed full of AWESOME! The rogue-lite system is great where you have to start over if you die but your heir can use the gold you collected and the bonuses you've unlocked so you get stronger and stronger. Rogue with progression.
    Traits are fun. ADHD makes you faster, dyslexia makes you unable to read, nostalgia makes the game sepia toned and gay makes just about no difference what so ever....awesome!

So, look beyond the 8bit-like graphics and have some pure fun with this game!

(best played with a controller)
  30. Jul 13, 2013
    Really challenging and fun game, super ghouls and ghosts meets castlevania SOTN. I highly recommend getting an xbox gamepad for your PC for this. Unfortunately this is the only controller that I've read works, but I think they're trying to change that. If they haven't done so already, you may need to dig around for a 3rd party program like xpadder to map your joystick buttons to yourReally challenging and fun game, super ghouls and ghosts meets castlevania SOTN. I highly recommend getting an xbox gamepad for your PC for this. Unfortunately this is the only controller that I've read works, but I think they're trying to change that. If they haven't done so already, you may need to dig around for a 3rd party program like xpadder to map your joystick buttons to your keyboard buttons, that's what I ended up needing to do. Definitely worth the trouble, though! Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    If you look up the word addiction in a dictionary, you will find out what that word means. But the dictionary might just as well display a picture of Rogue Legacy. [Dec 2013]
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Amazing old-school mechanics meet modern conventions.
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Roguelike games have become increasingly popular of late and it’s great to see one which rewards you for all the time spent by allowing a form of character progression. It’s mitigated to a point by having you lose all your money before entering a castle and each purchased bonus makes all the others more expensive.