Runes of Magic PC

5.7

1. Jan 7, 2012
    The game is fun and amazing but at the end of the game (Last level) the item shop seems to become a nesesity in order to survive. Those basic gems used to level up your weapon and gear are availible in the item shop, the ones that have a chance to fail and trust me they do. As for the ones that are free ingame for ingame gold, the fail rate is 98% its horrifying. Another thing, bugs andThe game is fun and amazing but at the end of the game (Last level) the item shop seems to become a nesesity in order to survive. Those basic gems used to level up your weapon and gear are availible in the item shop, the ones that have a chance to fail and trust me they do. As for the ones that are free ingame for ingame gold, the fail rate is 98% its horrifying. Another thing, bugs and spam bots. The games developers have failed to remove advertising bots from the game, and also the basic bugs. They expand the game while leaving the bugs behind! its ridiculous!

And to top it off, in 2011 they had a technical problem,sort to speak, every players 1st storage chest was "magicly" gone, as in it was purged without the GMs knowing, they tried to fix it but not everyone got their items back, complete that is, i have not gotten mine up to this date and this began in september by the way. Their ticket system is also pathetic as you get a reply by one of their mail bots.

This game may have good graphic but heres the reality
    1. Its VERY expensive
    2. It has spam bots and to many bugs
    3. The communication and time reponse from GM to developer is horrible
    4. Class balancing still has not been fix, their is always 1 class in this game that can destroy the rest

If you really want a "Free to play" MMORPG this is not one, it is advertised as one but in reality its very expensive, you will save a lot of money if you play a suscription game than this,

I played it for 2 years and it was fun but when these bugs escalated, it was the last straw. This is my rating, hope you remember it becuase if you play this youll be understand what i mean.
  2. DanielE
    Mar 29, 2009
    For a free game, this is almost exactly a clone of World of Warcraft. The gameplay feels, looks, and tastes like WoW. Even the loading screen is like WoW. Now this may be good and bad for some people. If you are looking for a free *WATERED DOWN* version of WoW, then you found the right game, if you are looking for a replacement that is greater than or equal to WoW, then keep looking. For For a free game, this is almost exactly a clone of World of Warcraft. The gameplay feels, looks, and tastes like WoW. Even the loading screen is like WoW. Now this may be good and bad for some people. If you are looking for a free *WATERED DOWN* version of WoW, then you found the right game, if you are looking for a replacement that is greater than or equal to WoW, then keep looking. For a free game though it is the best one on the market. Expand
  3. PedroL
    Apr 7, 2009
    A simpler WoW, but at the same time, a faster, smoother, easier to learn game. It's free, has nice landscapes, it's stable, nice population growing, meaning you get ppl for partying, plenty of quests.
  4. JaredH
    May 6, 2009
    A great free Massive online player game for anyone. Though be warned if your spoiled over games like WoW, you probaly will not like it.
  5. catraven
    Jun 22, 2009
    I'm a hardcore WoW gamer and I have to say I'm floored by how impressive this game is. I would definitely recommend it to any MMORPG fan :)
  6. Dec 25, 2010
    This game is just like WoW, of course, we all know that. But we also know that WoW is a 6 year old game, and Runes of Magic plays like a 6 year old game with the god awful grinding. Once you get past the cool world and atmosphere, the game will get boring. Oh yeah, the download is ridiculous too. I think it was 8GB or something for the first two chapters alone! And only a helpful discThis game is just like WoW, of course, we all know that. But we also know that WoW is a 6 year old game, and Runes of Magic plays like a 6 year old game with the god awful grinding. Once you get past the cool world and atmosphere, the game will get boring. Oh yeah, the download is ridiculous too. I think it was 8GB or something for the first two chapters alone! And only a helpful disc from a magazine alleviated the time it took to actually get into the game for the first time. Expand
  7. Jun 2, 2011
    As far as free MMOs go, you won't find one better than this but when you compare it to retail quality MMOs, it just feels like a watered down version of WoW with graphics made purposely bad to look like it. It's obvious their target audience were people who said "I want a game like WoW but I don't want a monthly fee"

The game does have a few nice touches like Siege Wars PVP, dual class

The game does have a few nice touches like Siege Wars PVP, dual class system, housing, and leveling up is done by completing quests rather than aimlessly killing enemies with no real goal in mind. The game can be great fun when playing socially with other people but alone the "get x amount of y" fetch quests get tedious
  8. Aug 26, 2012
    If you have nothing better to do it is a good time sink. But there are better ones out there by now.
    A lot of good ideas dragged down by bad execution. -1 A horrid power creep. -1 Lack of competent balancing team. -1 B2w model. -1
    A lot of wasted potential.
  9. Dec 23, 2010
    Positive sides: - Nice graphics - Fun to play at beginning. Negative sides: - It's grind fest when you reach end levels. - More and more cheaters in pvp and sieges every day. - Scammers all around. - No dia/gold trade since 6 months. - Game crashing all the time. - Bugs everywhere which aren't fixed. - Warden is a broken class since the release. - Unbalanced classes - Bots everywhere.Positive sides: - Nice graphics - Fun to play at beginning. Negative sides: - It's grind fest when you reach end levels. - More and more cheaters in pvp and sieges every day. - Scammers all around. - No dia/gold trade since 6 months. - Game crashing all the time. - Bugs everywhere which aren't fixed. - Warden is a broken class since the release. - Unbalanced classes - Bots everywhere. (including GM's) - Goldsellers still at the bridge of Varanas. - Crappy customer support. - Balance between F2P and P2P players is no more. - They sold publishing licenses of some countries, and without a fore warning, they put an IP-Ban to all related countries. - Lack of communication between Players, Publisher, Developer. ... The list goes on. Expand
  10. Feb 6, 2011
    I played this game for several months before the hackers got to be too much. All over the ROM forums are complaints about how hackers have gotten into accounts and stolen gear, money, and gift shop items. Also all over the forums is the lack of help or interest from the company itself. I too experienced a hacker of my high level gear and found out first hand that the forum complaints areI played this game for several months before the hackers got to be too much. All over the ROM forums are complaints about how hackers have gotten into accounts and stolen gear, money, and gift shop items. Also all over the forums is the lack of help or interest from the company itself. I too experienced a hacker of my high level gear and found out first hand that the forum complaints are correct. After over a month of either generic or no responses I found the game to not be worth the time unless you are a hacker who can fight back for your own gear.
    Game interface - okay, a lot of lag and the guild wars are still beta after over a year
    Character selection - only 2 races, has duel classes, but must switch between the two, very limited on the spells which crossover
    Play - Okay as long as you stay out of high lag areas, which includes most busy towns.
    Customer service - is none, do not expect any help
  11. Apr 12, 2011
    I had technical issues and contacted the over 5 times requesting assistance. The issue was that all my furniture was removed from my house and my house energy was drained to 0. In the game you have the option "Report a Problem" and I reported that problem 3 time using that function.

When I saw no one was getting back to me, I checked my junk and trash mail folders and there were no emails from Frogster nor from runes of magic. I check their website and I found TWO different Support links. Using each one of those 2 links, I reported once more the issue. It's been over two months and I haven't heard a thing. No refund, no support, no patch, nothing.

They are not member of the Best Business Bureau but despite that, they have been rated C -
  12. Apr 2, 2012
    A good game that sins for having a terrible support or assistance. Many bugs, serious problems that do that this game is very frustrating to play or impossible to contact technical service if you have some doubt or problem. A pity because it's a good game (RoM) with a pathetic assistance (Frogster).
  13. Jan 12, 2012
    The games great. People may have had bugs n stuff but my game is working excellent. Had no problems with hackers or anything. Theres ALOT to do almost like WoW but its free
  14. Aug 7, 2012
    When the game was first released it was great, however at this time it greatly suffers from still using the first version of the World of Warcraft engine causing endless memory leaks and bugs. Right now it feels like the game is a large band-aid from all of the quick fixes and work arounds for the several segments of the game that do not function correctly.

Graphics are like how World

Graphics are like how World of Warcraft was back in 2004-2005, however that is if you are ever able to run for max settings without crashing. Most people who play this game can handle this game at its max graphics settings with little trouble, however the higher graphics settings in the game causes a large number of memory leaks and crashes the game every 10 minuites. Dont even think about going into main cities most of the time, even if it is empty, it will almost crash your game every time you walk into one or teleport around to other zones down to the point that everyone who has played to this game until max level is now "used to it", THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING!.

There are 3 classes you can choose for each character, this is a nice idea however you only have the quests available to level 1 class to max level and are forced to use the 10 repeatable per day quests in order to level up the other 2 classes for the character. If you want to try out another build or change roles, it is faster to play an alternate character up to max level in order to do so, otherwise you will be waiting for months until you are able to do so.

For being a free game you cannot get anywhere with it still remaining free, right now they increased the level cap to 72 from the release of 50 and try to make people use the in-game shop just in order to level. The way this is done is having a large gap of quests, in addition making the later zones unreasonably unforgiving with experience dept that is makes it no longer fun to play at a very early portion of the game.

The translations in this game as well are good up until the point that the game was initially released, you will see quests become so vague or even just descriptions are so far past being incorrect that it just confuses people who are doing them. The is mod support for helping with the quests, however, the mods for them end after the initial release zones and the second half of the game you are left to fend for yourself. This game also has next to no up to date databases, making this equally as hard as well.

The community in this game is one of the worse that I have ever seen in any game to date. It is not easy to get assistance from people anywhere, in addition to that there are some events and or locations on maps that people will fight over using any and every thing at their disposal (this includes exploits and hacks), While Frogster states that they do care about this, they will not do anything to solve this problem or punish the ones who do it, making this game on top of the other problems it has, significantly worse.

Player vs player in this game is another of the worse designed aspects that any game has ever had. PVP is fair until people begin to get a little bit geared and quickly turns into a game of whoever hits the button first wins (you deal over 100k hits to people with 30k hp and scales up from there). The in game Guild vs Guild or "Siege" as its named in this game suffers from the same if not worse problems that the rest of the PVP has. Players can go into the Siege at any level, however all player made stationary targets (Wards/Towers) are all max level, making all lower level players unable to even hit them. A Single person at max level can take on a full team of people 10 levels under him/her due to this very reason as well.

Overall this game is no longer made for new people to start playing, enjoy and believe that it is still free. But only for people who have everything in the game to further enjoy each of the expansions that come out for it.
  15. Jan 4, 2013
    0/10 This game took over 11hours to download. And once was downloaded the graphics were not even working correctly. And ive seen many people with great graphics and what not who couldnt play this game due to errors with the game that was already there. Honestly. Probably the worst wait ive ever waited. and Probably the biggest waiste of time ever. If you dont have a 300$+ Graphics card.0/10 This game took over 11hours to download. And once was downloaded the graphics were not even working correctly. And ive seen many people with great graphics and what not who couldnt play this game due to errors with the game that was already there. Honestly. Probably the worst wait ive ever waited. and Probably the biggest waiste of time ever. If you dont have a 300$+ Graphics card. This game probably wont work on yours either. Expand
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    Honestly I have been playing this game for 3 years(and 2 months of the 3rd chapter) and still playing. From my past experiences i can say that:
    Runes of Magic is a great game. It's a fun copy of WoW and a really fun MMORPG to play.Many User friendly players.Reduced prices though, many huge cities or casltes have been fixed and bug removed. Player versus Player, Player versus Monster, Free to Play. Free quests. The Idea of choosing from 3 classes are a solid gold and having a combo of two class's skills into 1, Can really create a unique character like what I did for my Character.
    It is fun, though many spammers, hackers during PvP. 1 or two cities not fixed. Dalanis is 1. Constant disconnection which have never been fixed. Now if you can run it at max settings it won't disconnect so often. Only 2 cities or when near many players.
    Never had or heard a person hacking others account.Though if you are dumb, use your money on diamonds.If your wiser than other knuckle heads below in the comments you will learn that you can get diamonds for cosmetics by their gold. They have devised a system that you can trade in your gold for diamonds.*(Diamonds are a type of Real money currency required for purchase of certain stuff)*
    You can level up fast but the requirement of armor is tremendous which makes leveling up a lot less faster.
    There are many Instances, Raids etc. If you are lucky you can do the instances with other higher levels who can finish it. No matter how high a level you are there is always room for something to do. You can always improve your armor and buy more better ones to be more better.And there are people who can run instances for you to get upgraded(as in with armor and weapons and stuff). The auction house concept and way they created it is a good concept I must say.But the sad part is that it needs constant maintainance as after every 30 days if your items are in the mailbox, It dissapears forever never seeing the light of it.There are many types of game currency.All of them can be earned accept Diamonds
    New races and classes are not a big hype as the release of the Elven race and its classes.
    Yes it has a lot of spam bots but the developers made the effort to cancel their spam and 'report spam' them. And yes the communications between Game Master to player is horrible. You almost never get a reply. Class balancing is almost done being fixed now. Its a free MMO if you know how to play MMO's unlike Rundas342. And yes during 2011 there was a time when your first chest was missing and when they gave the chest back not all was there.I have heard a lot of complaints on this and I was the lucky few to get all my stuff back.Only about 35%-45% of all players got their first chest back with their stuff. The patches are getting more noticeable nowadays. They patch most of their bugs.(but have not patched the leveling ground Dalanis. I swear i have crashed more than 10 times just getting from one end to another in the damned castle.Otherwise all is fine). And the worst part is the part that they didn't fix the siege wars between guilds.Has been BETA from since its release.
    It is now more possible to play but havent fixed the way and how humans level.(they are slower levelers because they only have two zones to level from.They made getting to the leveling zone much harder which is good cause you dont get noobs and all just spamming or disturbing the others.) All clases have been fixed. It still has a lot of bugs. And it takes up about 40 Gigabytes of space after a bunch of patches for me since its all patches of the 3rd chapter 4th and 5th chapter too.Other wise like about 10 GB.
    Here and there patches are being made.The wait to download the game is really long but i do not understand. A graphics card which have been purchased at 2005( not at all high end. Mid class) could run RoM at max graphics.Ohh and my graphics care is in American Currency is worth 142 and probably few cents in Dollars.Now that graphics card of mine is broken and using a graphics card with built in motherboard. It still runs perfectly fine. But recomended to get a 4GB ram or 2 2GB rams as game takes up lot of ram. The biggest wait for download but then, Hey!
    They created it to be a copy of WoW which is free.
    Costs less than WoW(Or nothing at all like I said if you know how to play your cards right).
    A WoW player changing from WoW to RoM will definately enjoy it.
    But due to all its problems I have faced, I doubt the game will get my hopes up.
    Its great for me as I am still a RoM player but about you guys, I listed the pro's con's and neutrals of this games.Play according to your rating and whether you think you should play it. I rate it as about a six.Probably even higher.There are more to the system that makes it more complicated and easier at the same time.I really like this game even though for its crappy problems as the people there are friendly, The game makes you want to try, try again and there is always room for extras
  17. Nov 5, 2013
    You should read this from the bottom up... Gameforge bought the game from Frogster and no longer allows multiple accounts under one email address. I couldn't log into the website anymore so I opened a ticket. Now my account is banned because I complained...

Your answer: 2013-11-05 14:49:47 [Expletives] Answer from: Polan 2013-11-05 09:18:56 Hello Enormity, I'm sorry to

Your answer: 2013-11-05 14:49:47

[Expletives]

Answer from: Polan 2013-11-05 09:18:56

Hello Enormity,

I'm sorry to inform you that after the investigation the decision is that your account will not be unbanned.

Best regards
    Polan

Your answer: 2013-11-03 16:42:07

My account was fine when I opened my ticket. I was able to log in and play normally. I'm assuming that the person handling my ticket got upset that I was mad about all of the changes made and decided to suspend my account. If you check my login history you will see I was logging in just fine even when they were saying my accounts were banned. This is just ridiculous. So far terrible service. Also, on a side note, why do you guys not know when an item is hacked as soon as it happens? If an item is created unnaturally, you all should be able to know it through code and delete the item right away.

Answer from: MrPorter 2013-10-30 11:45:16

Hello Enormity,

Your accounts have been banned because you had illegally modified items in your accounts.

So we have banned your account until we investigate the matter. There are three possibilities that could happen at the end of our investigation:

1.) If you simply bought one illegally modified item, after our investigation, we will delete the item and unban your account.
    2.) If you bought more than one illegally modified item, after our investigation, we will decide on a case-by-case basis, which will depend on your prior violations in game, whether or not to unban your account.
    3.) If you modified the items, then your account will not be unbanned.

Please note, this is not a small investigation and will take time. So we cannot give you an exact time as to when your account, if it is unbanned, will be unbanned. So please be patient with us, when we unban your account, we will notify you.

Best regards,
    MrPorter

Your answer: 2013-10-29 14:31:32

I'm using Enormity and Enromity. And I have never illegally modified any items. All items I have are either from the auction house or are drops from doing runs and upgrading with items purchased from NPC's and/or the item shop.

Answer from: MrPorter 2013-10-29 13:59:10

Hello Enormity,

Your accounts: Enormity and Enromity have been banned because you had illegally modified items in these accounts.
    You can only use the other two account associated with this email address.

Which account name are you using?

Best regards,
    MrPorter Your answer: 2013-10-29 13:50:46 Excuse me, since when are they banned and why? I was just on them yesterday. Plus I can still get in them now. I do believe you've misread something. Please check again... Answer from: MrPorter 2013-10-29 10:42:45 Hello Enormity, Thank you for contacting customer support. We cannot change the email addresses of Enormity accounts because they are banned. We can only change enormity1. Best regards, MrPorter Your answer: 2013-10-26 01:33:13 This is still ridiculous. You should just ask for our login and secondary password. Almost all of this info can be gotten from that anyway... But anyhow: [I had all of my character info below] Even if you just want to delete the last 2 accounts, that's fine. I just need to be able to log into the website on Enormity and Enromity... Answer from: MrPorter 2013-10-25 15:52:51 Hello Enormity, Thank you for contacting customer support. The reason you are having problems with accessing your account is because you have four accounts connected to the same address, so therefore the system does not recognize which account you are trying to change the password for. In order to change the password for your account, you must have a single email address listed with one account, so therefore you will need to supply us with a new email address for each one of your accounts, at which point you can go in and then change full sets of email addresses. In order to prove you are the actual owner of this account, we need the following information from you: [Account Info Fields] Your message: 2013-10-25 00:49:32 Login name involved: [my email] Problem description: I cannot log into your new website. This is extremely frustrating. I did the password reset in case that was in but it wasn't. I STILL cannot log in, and on top of that I now must use the random password your site generated to log into the game, meaning I must now open my email with the new password, copy/paste it into the game login screen to get into the game. This is getting stupid. Please revert the site back or fix the login issue. Thanks, James
  18. Oct 2, 2014
    i'm not to crazy about the new partner up they choose, because but all games need to do that i love that it is free and that its watered down, i don't mind i think it could use some upgrades but overall i like the game.
  19. Nov 13, 2015
    I love this game because of people in it who met and even married :) It's wonderful time eater and fun giver.
    I found a lot of friends and reached good place in ranking playing totally free i still play this game and will play till the end :D CHEERS RUNES OF MAGIC ;)
  20. Jun 6, 2017
    Horrible customer service .... the email I used to sign up for this I didnt have anymore so I never got an email telling me I had to log in or my account would be lost. After spending on the diamonds to buy things in game I was a little upset that my char was just gone and this is a direct quote from the ticket I sent in asking about it ... "Unfortunately, what is done, is done, and theHorrible customer service .... the email I used to sign up for this I didnt have anymore so I never got an email telling me I had to log in or my account would be lost. After spending on the diamonds to buy things in game I was a little upset that my char was just gone and this is a direct quote from the ticket I sent in asking about it ... "Unfortunately, what is done, is done, and the possibility of retrieval or reimbursement is non-existant. We apologize for the inconvenience." and thats not supposed to upset me more? geesh Expand

1. Granted: This is not WoW, but Runes of Magic is the ideal entrance into the MMORPG world, since it's completely free.
  2. Runes of Magic is by and large a robust, enjoyable game. As a free-to-play title, it's impressive. Although Western gamers will still have their reservations about amorphous RMT versus those nice straightforward subs, Runes of Magic is something of a landmark: it won't dislodge the subscription-based model in the West by any stretch of the imagination, but it does demonstrate that free-to-play doesn't necessarily mean rudimentary, shallow, cheap or totally brutal in the integration of RMT.
  3. By all indications, Runes of Magic is only going to get bigger and better. Although it's available for free, if you love the game, you should feel obligated to support the developers by visiting the Item Shop. If you're a purist, keep in mind that you can purchase items that are purely cosmetic. Consider that your price of admission to a wonderfully enchanted world.