Sacred 2: Fallen Angel PC

6.9

1. BrentD.
    Jul 27, 2009
    Well here's my thoughts I like the combat system and all that seems cool but seriously the person who decided on the camera angles is stupid. I mean REALLY the camera is so bad because me personally the camera angle makes me feel dizzy and sick and it RUINS the game. Yes I said it Ruins the game they need to make the camera like RF online or World of Warcraft style this is the Well here's my thoughts I like the combat system and all that seems cool but seriously the person who decided on the camera angles is stupid. I mean REALLY the camera is so bad because me personally the camera angle makes me feel dizzy and sick and it RUINS the game. Yes I said it Ruins the game they need to make the camera like RF online or World of Warcraft style this is the biggest piece of crap I have bought the entire year all because of one Flaw that hinders your ability to enjoy the game and in this case its the Camera I will never buy another product from this company because I can expect only what I see and thats a Piece of crap in a box with pretty graphics. Good Game and Epic Fail. Expand
  2. May 23, 2011
    According to Sacred 2 in game counter (I am not so sure how accurate this is); I have managed to spend 182 hours in the world of Ancaria where of where you get the choice to play through two campaigns, light or dark, so talk about bang for you buck. However, saying that, Sacred 2 is a bit of a double edged sword for me as I immensely enjoy long sprawling epic dungeon crawlers every so nowAccording to Sacred 2 in game counter (I am not so sure how accurate this is); I have managed to spend 182 hours in the world of Ancaria where of where you get the choice to play through two campaigns, light or dark, so talk about bang for you buck. However, saying that, Sacred 2 is a bit of a double edged sword for me as I immensely enjoy long sprawling epic dungeon crawlers every so now and then but when you have a game clocking in at 182 hours it pretty much became a chore after the 100 hour mark rolled on by without a closing credit in sight. Iâ Expand
  3. RémyLLx
    Oct 10, 2008
    A nice Hack'n'Slash game, not as powerful or deep as the old Diablo 2, or even the great Titan Quest, but really fun, with good-looking graphics, and lots of silly dialogs, and huour.

The World is wide, and you can go anywhere you want, there's no predifined path / story. That's quite enjoyable to do what you want. As far as gameplay is concerned, it is average,

As far as gameplay is concerned, it is average, and fights aren't as precise and tactical as I would like.

Anyway, there's hours of fun, and tons of respawning monsters !
  4. BrandonM
    Nov 26, 2008
    The game although it feels a little "dated" is a great throw back to dungeon crawlers. The truth about reviewing this game is if you like the dungeon crawler genre, exploring, getting new gear, killing hordes of enemies. Then you'll probably like it. If not, you'll post like Kevin G. That is not formatting any paragraphs what so ever and hitting people with a large brick of text.
  5. Jul 31, 2011
    A bit entertaining in the first few hours but quickly loses its appeal as there are many limitations involving terrain. Not as "open-world" as I had hoped it to be...does not offer much story-wise and combat gets repetitive rather quickly. Animations are mostly dull and awkward....shame.
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    A VAST improvement over Sacred 1, which was pure **** Some nice design ideas and this game could've set up the whole franchise for a golden path, but it seems like Sacred 3 is going to follow the Diablo 3 way straight to **** mountain.
  7. LukeW
    Jan 27, 2009
    I wanted this game to be great, I enjoyed the first Sacred quite a bit, I loved the system of picking up skills to skill up instead of only levelling up. But I'm going to have to say I agree with Kevin G wholeheartedly, this game is a technical piece of garbage. I'm not sure they even beta tested this one before releasing it. My x and y movement on my mouse were slightly I wanted this game to be great, I enjoyed the first Sacred quite a bit, I loved the system of picking up skills to skill up instead of only levelling up. But I'm going to have to say I agree with Kevin G wholeheartedly, this game is a technical piece of garbage. I'm not sure they even beta tested this one before releasing it. My x and y movement on my mouse were slightly different which can throw one off completely. How about some hardware cursor? Hopefully they patch this down the road and it is actually worth playing, but why release it so buggy? Save your money (for now?). Expand
  8. JasonM
    Nov 16, 2008
    My Pros.
    I like the clean graphics. The game has many ways to customize your character. The items look artistic and different. Mounts! You can play with friends online. Quests are easy to find on the map. Great abilities and spells.
    My Disappointments. Closed online play is less responsive due to lag. Quests are thrown at you like an MMO and seem like they are there to keep you
    My Pros.

My Disappointments.
    Closed online play is less responsive due to lag. Quests are thrown at you like an MMO and seem like they are there to keep you busy and not to tell a story. The voice acting is just silly. The game would feel much better if the camera angle could look forward and not just straight down. Lots of minor bugs.
    Overall.
    I rate this game as good. It feels like an MMO to me. That would not be bad except the world is lonely even with the online play. It grew old on me a bit fast but I did enjoy the first few days quite a bit.
  9. Mar 3, 2016
    The biggest problems with Sacred 2 is the fact it was never really finished, even with community patches the game is still extremely buggy, and its quite possible to lose hours of progress due to random crashes or because black screen issues. Many quests are still buggy, some of them can be resolved usually by reloading a save game but others are more messy, especially one quest IThe biggest problems with Sacred 2 is the fact it was never really finished, even with community patches the game is still extremely buggy, and its quite possible to lose hours of progress due to random crashes or because black screen issues. Many quests are still buggy, some of them can be resolved usually by reloading a save game but others are more messy, especially one quest I personally just failed (Hunting Fever 1) which was to kill 31 specific monsters within 10 minutes, normally that would be easy enough if there was actually enough of those monsters to kill in that time limit! I found 11..smh

In a nut shell, Sacred 2 could have been a really awesome ARPG, I personally think it could have been one of the very best if it wasn't rushed to market. There are many positive aspects, but the bugs, pathing issues and camera issues can really cause serious problems and that is the reason why it didn't score higher, its a shame really because even by todays standards - I still think its better than Diablo 3 and thats saying something.

ARPG fans can pick up this game for practically nothing these days, and if anyone has free time to burn then honestly, I'd still recommend giving this a play through, there is a massive gameworld to explore - literally 10x larger than all the Diablo series combined, granted that size and the amount of side quests added to the amount of bugs in the end but still, the games main quest lines are usually bug free at least...usually.

+ Large open world
    + tons of items and customization

- Very buggy
    - Possible to lose progress due to crashes
    - Pathing problems
    - Poor camera angles
    - Dead Multiplayer (can be played with 3rd party programs)

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    One of the most captivating fantasy worlds you can find in RPG genre. If you can get over a little bit slower opening you’ll be rewarded by hours of adventures. Surprisingly good sense of humor for a German game! [Oct 2008]
  2. Sacred 2 will probably stay in the shadow of "Diablo III", but still manages to be a pretty good game. The huge enviroment will gift you many hours of gameplay and the traditional style of playing works more than fine. This being said, Sacred 2 offers few new features but in the end the balanced gameplay and varied mission structure will be worth you while.
  3. Sacred 2 is a game that makes it really hard to write an article about. On the one hand, many aspects of the game have been successfully and outstandingly realized, on the other hand, there exist a lot of minor things that leave a bad impression.