Samurai Gunn PC

7.8

1. Jan 26, 2014
    Samurai Gunn is beautiful, slick, and charming. I was astounded! This is a incredibly slick take on local co-op. We've run almost 20 hours worth of it so far at parties, and it's been a smash hit.
  2. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is so good that I was going to make it before I even heard of Samurai Gunn. I am in game development and had an idea to make a samurai one-hit-kill game. It's a good concept and Teknopants did a good job. It's Super Smash Brothers without the complexity or button mashing. It was released with a few bugs, but they are being patched. Now, you will notice that some people will sayThis game is so good that I was going to make it before I even heard of Samurai Gunn. I am in game development and had an idea to make a samurai one-hit-kill game. It's a good concept and Teknopants did a good job. It's Super Smash Brothers without the complexity or button mashing. It was released with a few bugs, but they are being patched. Now, you will notice that some people will say the lack of online multiplayer hurts the game's score, but I think this is a good thing. This incourages people to be more social in real life. Also, online multiplayer is bad for fast-paced fighting games like this, because a little bit of lag can go a long way.

In conclusion, this game is a must buy. Well, I guess I have to make something else. Stay tuned for a game by me (Hydro Cobra).
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a must if you have a brother or sister. You each (and up to 4 players totally) pick a samurai armed with a katana and a 3 bullet pistol and face off in a stage using your reflexes and your super jumping ability. The match is over pretty quickly when a player reaches 10 kills with dying by traps costing him one kill, but you'll definitely want to play again immediately. The artThis game is a must if you have a brother or sister. You each (and up to 4 players totally) pick a samurai armed with a katana and a 3 bullet pistol and face off in a stage using your reflexes and your super jumping ability. The match is over pretty quickly when a player reaches 10 kills with dying by traps costing him one kill, but you'll definitely want to play again immediately. The art style and the sound are both great and controls are really easy to learn. My only problem with the game is that it lacks a menu for mach preferences(like custom time limit, custom kills limit...) Expand
  4. Aug 17, 2016
    I've edited this from a 7. It's become a staple in our house and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes fighting games in general. It's really stylish, and the sword/gun/jumping interactions are so well balanced that fighting people really feels like exciting and skillful. It hides a lot of depth too, not just in the inputs but in the level mechanics and hidden features.

All of the above

All of the above relates to playing this game with others. This game is sweet when you're playing with friends, but not so much when you're on your own. I regret my early review of the game, I don't think it was fair. Because this is an exceptional local multiplayer game.
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    It's not possible to play this game and not like it.

It's not possible to play this game and not like it.

The only negative I've heard thrown around is "lack of an online multiplayer." But the game simply *would not work* online. Even a little bit of lag would ruin the game from the inside out. I *prefer* local multiplayer for a game like this. Teknopants has taken a somewhat controversial stance on this, for his game, consistent with his design for what the player should experience, and I support it 100%. It wasn't a decision made lightly, and there is no solution short of speeding up the internet as a whole to the point where average pings are at the level of LAN play, and are as consistent. But that rather goes without saying, doesn't it?

So, assuming you're convinced that the local-only nature of this game is not the fault of the developer, you should be asking, "Are there any other problems, negatives or downsides?"

F*cking buy this game, right f*cking now. It is amaze-balls. If you have at least one friend, you *will* have the time of your life cutting each others' faces off. Guaranteed.
  6. Aug 24, 2015
    This game is fast, furious, and full of blood splatter. This game is best played 1v1 with a friend of competing gaming skills – it truly is one of the best duel platforms out there. If you've played Towerfall before and liked it, you'll probably dig Samurai Gunn as well (thought the aesthetics and controllers are quite different).

Let's be honest, slashing a bullet out of the air into

Let's be honest, slashing a bullet out of the air into your buddy's brain is the ultimate in gaming satisfaction. The fun in this game truly comes from finding a worthy opponent; most of the people I've played this against are turned off, but those who prove themselves to be skilled enough to compete will see the light.

1. Mar 2, 2014
    If the combat system had more depth to it, Samurai Gunn would have been much more enjoyable.
  2. Feb 21, 2014
    An exciting, kinetic single-screen multiplayer with excellent level design, but little to reward the solo player.
  3. Feb 12, 2014
    The great level design, accompanied by charming 8-bit style artwork, an incredible soundtrack and the fact that you need to be very quick-thinking and account for every centimetre of space, really make this a special game in its genre.