6.3

1. Sep 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably the most disappointed I have ever been with a game. I would rate BS1 in my all time top 5 games and it is head and shoulders above the newest installment. Most of what made BS1 great is not found in BS4. Tthere were only several brief moments in the game when I actually felt like I was playing a series that I loved every minute of previously, even BS3. The story never grabbed me and pulled me in at anytime, I didn't care about the other characters and worst of all I found the game a complete chore to play. Had this not been a Broken Sword game I would have given up on it. Expand
  2. May 24, 2014
    Do you like adventure games with no real ending? How about a game with plenty of pixels but most of them beige? If you also feel that walking around should be a minigame all in itself, then this is the game for you!

On the plus side you do get to see Nico and George again, but other than that, it fails in so many ways. Graphics are mediocre. The story line premise doesn't make a lot
    of sense. It is clear that the game developers ran out of money or time, so they decided to ship the game with no real closure.

Even plain walking around (which you will do PLENTY of) is painful since the camera angles change unexpectedly so you start travelling in a different direction.

I do not recommend this game. I would put it in the same category as indiana jones and the crystal skull (the movie). Just pretend that #4 of both franchises doesn't exist.
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    I don't know why they called this game one of the worst ever. The worst in the series, but still GREAT! The puzzles were pretty better than in BS3, and voice acting was amazing. The story was a bit forgetable, but still awesome. But the "eeeh" ending, and Anna-Marria thing etc. were a bit....bad. Still, a must-play :) :) :)

1. It's hard, its opening acts don't match the quality of those which follow and some characters grate - but as a modern rendition of a traditional formula, The Angel of Death has both pointed and clicked wisely. It's another nail out of the adventure gaming coffin. [Oct 2006, p.58]
  2. It's a great game in so many respects, and we're overflowing with admiration that Revolution stuck to its purity of vision about what an adventure game can and should be about in the mid noughties. But when you're sat in front of the monitor filled with rage because of some utterly obscure puzzle, you'll have to question whether consistently busting a player's balls in so many ways is the right approach these days.
  3. If you have the perseverance to stick with puzzles that have been designed to test the patience of time itself, the slow introductory pace and continuous struggles with the game's interface (the genre's weaknesses as a whole) then Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death probably provides everything you're looking for.