6.5

1. Sep 20, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Probably the most disappointed I have ever been with a game. I would rate BS1 in my all time top 5 games and it is head and shoulders above the newest installment. Most of what made BS1 great is not found in BS4. Tthere were only several brief moments in the game when I actually felt like I was playing a series that I loved every minute of previously, even BS3. The story never grabbed me and pulled me in at anytime, I didn't care about the other characters and worst of all I found the game a complete chore to play. Had this not been a Broken Sword game I would have given up on it. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    I don't know why they called this game one of the worst ever. The worst in the series, but still GREAT! The puzzles were pretty better than in BS3, and voice acting was amazing. The story was a bit forgetable, but still awesome. But the "eeeh" ending, and Anna-Marria thing etc. were a bit....bad. Still, a must-play :) :) :)

1. It's hard, its opening acts don't match the quality of those which follow and some characters grate - but as a modern rendition of a traditional formula, The Angel of Death has both pointed and clicked wisely. It's another nail out of the adventure gaming coffin. [Oct 2006, p.58]
  2. It's a great game in so many respects, and we're overflowing with admiration that Revolution stuck to its purity of vision about what an adventure game can and should be about in the mid noughties. But when you're sat in front of the monitor filled with rage because of some utterly obscure puzzle, you'll have to question whether consistently busting a player's balls in so many ways is the right approach these days.
  3. If you have the perseverance to stick with puzzles that have been designed to test the patience of time itself, the slow introductory pace and continuous struggles with the game's interface (the genre's weaknesses as a whole) then Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death probably provides everything you're looking for.