7.9

1. Apr 6, 2012
    This game is better than it's predecessor. The gameplay is more fun, unlocking weapons is better and the graphics are nicer. On the flip side the story is bad and the campaign is even shorter than the first one and ended up taking me a whopping 3 hours to finish. Another bland game from Frozenbyte, would not recommend it.
  2. Apr 5, 2014
    Improvement over the first game in many ways. Better graphics, voice acting and control scheme overall. Plus new features like three playable characters with new upgradeable abilities adds more variety.
  3. Dec 20, 2013
    Sadly on the quest to add polish and features to the originals game base they have left out any sort of story and quite quickly you are wondering about aimlessly and not really having a good time.
  4. May 6, 2012
    Great game, i wish there were more games like this.
    its a good twist on the original...........................................Great game, i wish there were more games like this.
    its a good twist on the original...........................................
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    Shadowgrounds Survivor is an outdated video game. It's overrated. If this game was released in 2000, It would be good, but for now-standards It's not that good. That's not the only problem, there's more. The storytelling in this game is pretty weak, the graphics look outdated and the characters are forgettable. But, we all Know that the gameplay is the main part of a video game. It is fun, It is challenging, but outdated. (6.6) Expand
  6. Jun 7, 2011
    I LOVE this game. Great moody music-detailed yet simple lighting and graphics-reminds me of the top down shooter days of my NES gaming days from waaaaaay back. I like all the characters and actually enjoy the story. Almost like a top down Doom 3 in way. One of the more under-rated games of the past few years.

1. Next to the Orange Box, this is actually a sweet value title. You must like killing aliens, lots of action and the kind of game where it pays to go looking down deserted dark corridors.
  2. All in all, Survivor is not big step forward, actually it’s hardly even a step, but it’s more Shadowgrounds, which is enough of a reason to go and get it. I don’t know of any other top-down shooters for the PC which are done as well, or look as good or cost $20.
  3. Truly a visceral, retro experience that takes us to a warmer, happier time. [Feb 2008, p.90]