ShellShock 2: Blood Trails PC

5.5

1. Jun 26, 2013
    In retrospect, I can see why critics gave this such a low score, but I can also see why players liked it. This is easily one of the most disturbing games I've ever played. From atmosphere to gore. It is very dark, and I'm not talking about the lighting. The story is very easy to follow and it does not tie in with the first game (which I have not played) so it could of been a stand alone.In retrospect, I can see why critics gave this such a low score, but I can also see why players liked it. This is easily one of the most disturbing games I've ever played. From atmosphere to gore. It is very dark, and I'm not talking about the lighting. The story is very easy to follow and it does not tie in with the first game (which I have not played) so it could of been a stand alone. The graphics for it's time were huge and beautiful and still kind of are, but you can tell in some areas it's a little dated. The gameplay is straight forward linear, in very short levels which is a shame because the levels are so nicely detailed.

There is a small variety of weapons to pick from and surprisingly they all have different effects on enemies. For example a headshot with the Colt .45 (at least, I'm assuming that's what it is) could put an enemy down where a headshot with the magnum in the right place might take off a chunk of the face or the whole head from the jaw up. You can also take off arms if shots are placed just right. The game itself is sadly too short, no more then five hours in length. There are no extras to unlock or secrets to find. The biggest slap in the face was probably no multiplayer. Voice acting is almost a dead on perfect which is very rare in games.

The bad parts besides the levels and such would also be the mouse sensitivity. It's default state is worthless and I recommend you max it out, you will still turn slow however but it is much better then before. The F.O.V. is very bad, it looks like it's in the 55 to 65 range, it cannot be changed. 90 to 95 is where most people like it because now you can see almost all you need to. Ironsights on weapons. Yes, this is one of the very few games where it is easier to use the crosshair (which can be turned off) then to line up a shot. Why? Well it's easy, the sights are broken and throw your shot off. You've spent all of your shots just to get one or two hits in, the only sights that seem to work are on the fixed machine guns.

You will be facing off against infected American, Vietcong forces and Vietnam civilians. (Note that this is one of the almost non-existent games that to kill and infected you MUST get a dead on head shot. Or use a grenade.) Also non infected Vietcong forces. There are too many quick time scenes but you do have a choice at the end of each one:
    A Shoot
    B Bash face in
    Once you get to the end I was surprised there are two endings depending on option you choose in the last level ending. All in all I would like to see a continuation of this, but I don't think it will happen. Rebellion has made some good games, some okay ones, and ones that are flat out poop. This is a good one if you like zombies and do not mind linear generic shooters.
  2. JoeyD
    Aug 28, 2009
    A long, long time ago game developers decided to begin using war games as an excuse to say no more war and hence worth we get HFPS(Historical First Person Shooter) now this would be fine in viedo games if the Game Developers would auctually make a game not based on WW2 or Modern Warfare. Now this, horrid dread of a WW2/ Modern Warfare plague lasted four years before Shell Shock 2 cameA long, long time ago game developers decided to begin using war games as an excuse to say no more war and hence worth we get HFPS(Historical First Person Shooter) now this would be fine in viedo games if the Game Developers would auctually make a game not based on WW2 or Modern Warfare. Now this, horrid dread of a WW2/ Modern Warfare plague lasted four years before Shell Shock 2 came out. Now! Now we finally have a game in between the two wars and some actual creativity in the gaming industry... Oh wait, of course it has to have fricking zombies. Sigh, I hate the fact that no one can be realistic with video games anymore and SS2 was a good example of this. I remember going to my local game rental store and renting this out in hopes that it would give me some hope of people being more creative in the gaming industry. Saddly, my hope was crushed when I found out that this game of course like anything else is a boo-hoo anti-war zombie shooter. I was severely disappointed by how all games with the word Vietnam in any shape or form has to be a cry baby party about how it was such a bad war and all that crap. I figured that this game would make me happy but like many other was disapointed to find it's game devs had jumped on the boat of hippies on the second stop of anti-war. Expand
  3. May 25, 2017
    Mucha gente aplasto este juego en su época. hace poco decidí re jugarlo y de verdad no es tan malo, gráficos okay, música okay, duración okay, zombies, vietnam, que mas se puede decir.

1. ShellShock 2: Blood Trails spices up Vietnam with a liberal application of zombies, but it does nothing to liven up the generic shooter gameplay.
  2. Zombies in jungle and abandoned temples – that’s a nice setup for a Left 4 Dead campaign. Unfortunately, Rebellion is not Valve. “Repeatedly press button on-screen to survive torture”, says a hint message during one of the interactive cutscenes. Oh I wish there was a button to erase Shellshock 2 from my memory.
  3. Shellshock 2 is a short game with nothing that's worth a try. It lacks a plot, action and tactics and all it's asking to you is to accept the imprecision of the control system.