ShellShock 2: Blood Trails PC

5.4

1. Jan 15, 2013
    I honestly don't know why this game received such a low metascore. It's a great game. I'm guessing the reviews were trolled by some group upset with someone. Despite the low score I decided to get the game on a Steam sale and see what all the fuss was about. I'm 3 hours into the game and have no complaints at all and I actually like the story line. Imagine fighting a war against theI honestly don't know why this game received such a low metascore. It's a great game. I'm guessing the reviews were trolled by some group upset with someone. Despite the low score I decided to get the game on a Steam sale and see what all the fuss was about. I'm 3 hours into the game and have no complaints at all and I actually like the story line. Imagine fighting a war against the Vietcong but to make things worse there's a virus unleashes that turns both sides to Zombies! Fun stuff. The controls are good, the scenery and graphics are good for a 2008 game. (I'm running it at full settings 1920x1080 with my GTX560)

The sound design is awesome and coupled with blind corners, and enemies that jump out on you from anyplace it keeps me jumping out of my chair. Very few games do that and I own over 300 PC games. I gave this game an 8 because it deserves it. Sure it's not a $60 dollar title, but for $9 bucks you can't go wrong at all. Sit down, pull up your chair, dim your lights and get ready to spill some blood and your coffee. That's my review.
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    This game was made before Dead Island. I've been playing first person shooters since Quake 1 and I was scared while playing System Shock 2, Aliens vs Predator from 1999, Fear-Perseus Mandate, Nosferatu, Thief 2, Call of Cthulhu and Stalker. But Shellshock 2 is the scariest of them all. When I went into this house with these aggressive zombies at night with just a few ammo I wanted to quitThis game was made before Dead Island. I've been playing first person shooters since Quake 1 and I was scared while playing System Shock 2, Aliens vs Predator from 1999, Fear-Perseus Mandate, Nosferatu, Thief 2, Call of Cthulhu and Stalker. But Shellshock 2 is the scariest of them all. When I went into this house with these aggressive zombies at night with just a few ammo I wanted to quit playing or ran out of this house. Expand
  3. ConnorM
    Jan 15, 2010
    I think this game is awesome. It has an awesome storyline, but what saddens me is the graphics and the gore. Hardly no gore (lots of blood though). Anyways, I love this game.

1. ShellShock 2: Blood Trails spices up Vietnam with a liberal application of zombies, but it does nothing to liven up the generic shooter gameplay.
  2. Zombies in jungle and abandoned temples – that’s a nice setup for a Left 4 Dead campaign. Unfortunately, Rebellion is not Valve. “Repeatedly press button on-screen to survive torture”, says a hint message during one of the interactive cutscenes. Oh I wish there was a button to erase Shellshock 2 from my memory.
  3. Shellshock 2 is a short game with nothing that's worth a try. It lacks a plot, action and tactics and all it's asking to you is to accept the imprecision of the control system.