6.7

1. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. I love Sherlock Holmes, read the original stories, saw several movie takes, etc. The game is ok for its value and references to the original Sir Arthur Conan Doy's story. However, as an adventure game it lacks dynamics. In Nemesis prepare to walk through different museums all game long. That's pretty much it, and all puzzles are based on it. I did not finish the game because i found it too repetitive and a little boring. By comparison, i enjoyed "Sherlock Holmes the Awakened" much more, and would recommend that title of the series instead. Collapse
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    Big Sherlock Fan, this wrecks it for me, something about the amount of glitches I had, and the texture problems, and the whole point to walk idea! Should make a Third-Person game of Sherlock, I would be happy to play $30 for it...Just not this game. Glad I bought it on sale...
  3. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    I played SH:Nemesis for the plot. Graphics are not so good (even for a 2008 game) but the storyline is interesting and I never got bored by the characters. The third-person perspective and the keyboard controls are golden add-ons that increase the level of attractiveness of this game.
  4. May 24, 2013

1. I really enjoyed Frogwares' first 3D Holmes adventure Awakened, so my expectations were high. Lupin vs. Holmes is actually a better game than Awakened was. Puzzles are challenging and more logical and the third dimension is now better present in the problem solving. The story is a little predictable, but so what? The playground is rich in 19th century atmosphere and the voice acting is fine. On the minus side, the game includes too much pixel-hunting. [Mar 2008]
  2. Most importantly, though, is that the game is fun. It keeps you thinking, throws you a good number of curves, and for the most part is challenging but fair.
  3. As far as adventure games go, Nemesis is incredibly meticulous in its presentation of an excellent story and gameplay based on the quintessential literary sleuth.