Silent Hill 2 PC

9.1

1. SteveT.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This game is terrible it takes everything that was good about the original and turns it into a totally confusing and pointless game.
  2. ShawnH.
    Nov 21, 2005
    This is a good, not great game. The graphics are crisp, and the sound is perfect. Not outright scary, but definately some tense moments. I did find some frustration with the camera angles, though most of that could be fixed by pressing the 'S' key. Also, the story was confusing. I'm still not sure why the main character takes the actions he does at the end, and how Silent This is a good, not great game. The graphics are crisp, and the sound is perfect. Not outright scary, but definately some tense moments. I did find some frustration with the camera angles, though most of that could be fixed by pressing the 'S' key. Also, the story was confusing. I'm still not sure why the main character takes the actions he does at the end, and how Silent Hill became this way. Why are there still people wandering around this monster infested town? Why hasn't the military come and controlled the city? Is this a dream or reality? What's the connection between Mary and Marie? If the game had not tried to remain so mysterious, I might have given it a higher score. I felt a letdown at the end because I still didn't have a definate sense of what the hell was going on. A little mystery is OK, but make sure the player can grasp at least a little bit of the ending. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    Silent Hill 2 is the second best game in the series, behind 3. It has a decent story, great atmosphere, and amazing soundtrack. A must play for survival horror fans, and its graphics on PC still hold up to other games today.

1. If Silent Hill 2 is your first PC horror game, then congrats -- and woe -- to you. Pleasant dreams.
  2. Computer Games Magazine
    The whole thing has a "what the hell is going on here?" sensibility that never lets up, even after the game is over. [Feb 2003, p.70]
  3. Cheat Code Central
    The creatures are incredible. They look and move like distorted corpses that have been in tragic accidents or have undergone unspeakable experiments. They limp, writhe and undulate their way into our unconscious.