• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 20, 2007
6.4

1. MikeW.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I delibrately didn't play this game or comment until very recently and after the 3rd patch was released thanks to advice from other players who told me it wasn't ready. I have been a big fan of WW2 sub sims since my first Silent Service on the Amega many years ago and was blown away by Silent Hunter 2 & 3! SH4 WOTP is a masterpiece my only gripe being that it would be nice to be I delibrately didn't play this game or comment until very recently and after the 3rd patch was released thanks to advice from other players who told me it wasn't ready. I have been a big fan of WW2 sub sims since my first Silent Service on the Amega many years ago and was blown away by Silent Hunter 2 & 3! SH4 WOTP is a masterpiece my only gripe being that it would be nice to be able to walk around the sub and talk to members of the crew (affecting morale/experience) & i would like to see wildlife such as dolphins, sharks, whales & fish. Expand
  2. MichaelR.
    Mar 22, 2007
    I was massive fan of Silent Hunter 3, and so was unsure about Silent Hunter 4, given my interest in the Battle of the Atlantic (and U-Boats). Well, I have to say that this game is so much better than the third incarnation - both graphically and gameplay-wise.

A brilliant submarine simulation that manages that rarest of balancing acts: providing instant accessibility to the newbies out there while still managing to provide enough detail and realism for the core grognard fan base. It does this by focusing on the decisions rather than the details of submarine operation.
  2. Silent Hunter features countless bugs you'll find on every machine, and this is unforgivable. It's a betrayal to a loyal fanbase and a detriment to gaining new fans. Unfortunately, it's also an exact replay of what happened two years ago when Silent Hunter III shipped. Deja'vu all over again, as Yogi Berra once said.
  3. An excellent simulation of World War II submarine warfare in the Pacific.