3.6

1. Nov 15, 2013
    To be honest every so called improvement that made it to this overpriced steals even more space on the by far too small city tiles. There are still no bigger cities possible, no terraforming etc. Those supertowers are bugged as hell (at least here shows Maxis/EA consequent "design"). The Sims living in the tower complain about no jobs and no shopping. Right above them is a shopping complex which complains about having no customers. And right above the shopping complex is an office complex which complain about not having any employees. Those 3 problems are in one single building. This was only one example. The AI in this game is so pathetic that Maxis/EA obviously chose the greedy easy way to squeeze even more money out of a completely ruined franchise. The game that Klimax32 must be a different one than SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow (better title: SimCity: now even worse), or he is paid by EA. Please people, don't buy this steaming piece of crap! Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    So let me get this straight. I buy the expansion, then I have to restart my launcher twice, then I get a horrible unskippable cutscene (their terrible promotional trailer is actually an unskippable intro cutscene, too!), only to find it's the same horrible, dreadful, nearly unplayable game with a few extra building types that don't do much.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    Looking at this on its own there are some interesting new additions to play with. The mega towers look very cool and a futuristic city adds some nice variety from the normal plain building aesthetics. However there is simply not enough new content or any real changes to the game to warrant a $30 price tag in my opinion. If they had increased city sizes or taken out the DRM then maybe it would be more worthwhile. As it stand this is just a glorified DLC pack that only highlights the problems with such small cites spaces. Save your cash and wait for a sale. Expand
  4. Nov 24, 2013
    Ok enough. EA WE'RE SICK OF YOU! You're destroying development studios, filling them with bad critics related to your need of money. Want to make money? EXPANSION PACK! Want bigger maps? EXPANSION PACK! Want mods? DLC! S*** EA! Stop!
  5. Nov 27, 2013
    EA yet again continues with bad business practices by not listening to their fan base. No bigger maps, no realistic building, no subway, highways, etc. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS GAME!!!
  6. Dec 12, 2013
    I am sorry but E.A. has ruined one of my FAVORITE games of all time. I cannot believe they continue to get away with the sheer disregard for producing quality games. PLEASE people do not support this game. If had the pleasure of playing SimCity when Maxis and Will were in charge you will feel the same way too. I love all the simcites prior to Socieities and Simicty 5. They ruined the Sims. To them its more about money than it is having people enjoy a good quality game. We love simcity for the sheer enjoyment of allowing our imaginations and design run wild. Well they nerfed that in this game. I would play Cities XL over this and Cities XL is riddled with bugs!! Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    I will not buy, and I encourage you all to avoid buying any game with a DRM that forces you to be online. We have been asking them for a long time now to stop doing this, but they will never listen, so I will never buy their products.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    Putting out an expansion pack without addressing the flaws of the original, is in my book, and epic fuk up.
    I am disgusted by EA, and have been for quite some time. Make the damn thing work, without bugs!!
    Increase the size of the cities, and stop concentrating on DLC, and expansions before the core game works properly!!
  9. MyT
    Nov 29, 2013
    Don´t suport this game!
    we want the real maxis! not this money maker DLC´s, DRM games and etc.
    Please people, don't suport this kind of games or they will become more and more normal
  10. Dec 18, 2013
    With the main game still broken disconnections and losing cities still a common event. All the restrictions are still in place tiny cities and always on DRM that is to say the very least temperamental then this expansion pack (ahem really calling it an expansion pack with this little content?) is to coin a phrase "polishing a turd".

It does help balance the game for single
    players (i.e 95% of the community) by making cities viable as specialists meaning you could consider some of the larger worlds with multiple cities as dispersed "city like2 structures as opposed to playing in the small villages the game offers as standard.

But this is a patch worth of improvement barely worth $4.99 as a download only DLC. The pretty new graphics are incongruous to say the least and I would rather they weren't there at all. They don't overlay every structure and are so stylized and "niche". A 50's style view of the future maybe? Don't know but I don't like it.

Very poor. For the game to now be over 9 months old with the same main issues it had at launch day speaks volumes for how much EA give a damn about this franchise's loyal player base. Back to Cities in Motion 2 and Sim City 4 for me.

This is overpriced. Too little too late and leaves the major errors firmly in place.
  11. Dec 22, 2013
    The idea is actually pretty fun, sadly it doesn't deliver. The big additions to the game are mega towers (their answer to not expanding the city size). Omega. An addictive substance that causes mass pollution and The Academy; a place for research. Really, once you have tried those, there is not much else. Omega is especially one of those things you need to dedicate most of a city to. The footprints for the mega towers are so enourmous that they become hard to find spaces for. Especially in some of Sim City's already cramped maps. And there are the bugs. Bugs that have existed since release are still around. Despite it supposedly being patched, I still watch various trucks try to deliver to the same place. Mega towers seem to cause everything to wildly fluctuate in a way that doesn't make sense. Even if you have enough to support it. Overall not enough was fixed or added for me to want to play with what the majority of this expansion adds on a regular basis. Expand
  12. Dec 2, 2013
    This expansion is small DLC for full exp price, to already broken game. I think EA cannot be serious about this cash in released in beta state. Old Sim City was legendary game but this is out of control. Stop Raping Sim City franchise.
  13. Dec 31, 2013
    Broken expansion for already broken game. It really feels like I have to start with same words for every expansion review. Nothing is fixed in this overpriced expansion. Just avoid and wait for better in future. The year 2013 was awful for PC gamer but lets hope the year 2014 brings the golden age.
  14. May 15, 2014
    The maps are still small, you can build up now but not out and it still feels restricted. This game simply doesn't feel fun to play with small maps.

BIGGER MAPS!
  15. Aug 21, 2014
    EA games aka LSC aka Legal Scamming Company. The *disease* (name I wont call by name) of the gaming industry. People leading the company are only motivated by one thing and that's greed for money.

That being said lets head over to this game bearing the name Sim City. They managed to destroy one of the best gaming franchises in existence of gaming history. City size plots no bigger than
    a couple of football pitches, they should call it Sim Neighborhood (of a small town). Broken game mechanics and trying to hide it with all kinds of in-game lies. Well I guess I can go into extreme detail but I'm not in the mood to even bother with this one to much. You'll see enough reviews and extended comments around the net.

O and one other tip, don't EVER buy a game from EA EVER again. EA, known for bringing out utterly broken money leaching games for the last couple of years, throws in over a dozen DLC's for ridiculous prices only to fix an already broken game to a tat less broken.

1. Jan 20, 2014
    An entertaining and functional enhancement, which, however, must build on the original game's not very stable foundations. It's more of a quantity and building diversity extension than an answer to the game's most poignant problems along with its limitations.
  2. Jan 14, 2014
    Cities of Tomorrow isn't a bad expansion if you're already a big fan of SimCity and are itching for new ways with which to test your city-building skills within Maxis' sandbox.
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    Enjoyable new content, but strangled by enduringly small lots and an inability to save, load and experiment. [Jan 2014, p.92]