Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment PC

1. PaulLambard
    Mar 10, 2009
    If after reading Sins has an expansion you have any desire to play again then buy this expansion. It adds lovely new options to play with for a ridiculously low price. The balance is as near perfect as it could be, ignore others who think balance = mirror image factions, the AI got more I, and it's crash free for me so far.
  2. TomL
    Apr 16, 2009
    All I can say is I love it, finaly this game has the overpowered behemoths of death it deserved! Nothing more fun than seeing an entire AI fleet get mushed to a pulp when attacking a fully upgraded starbase with a small garriosn of troops with it, really solves the problems from the first game. :)

Quibbles aside though, Ironclad has done an admirable job of addressing some longstanding complaints, making Entrenchment an easy choice for dedicated fans of the original. Even more casual or lapsed players will probably have fun just tooling around with the starbases, which by itself is a gateway into the kind of multi-hour sessions Sins is known for.
  2. Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment is a pretty good, and any die-hard Sins of a Solar Empire will definitely obtain. The only thing that might shun players away is the $9.95 price point for only a couple new upgrades and units. Although playing with the new star bases makes this purchase well worth it.
  3. A must-buy expansion. While I badly want to see larger-scale enhancements to the gameplay for future expansions, the amount of content in this release still balances very well against its cost, and those 'turtle'-styled RTS gamers (guilty here) hesitant to get onboard Sins of a Solar Empire due to the lack of any real defensive options will now have a great reason to pick it up.