8.0

1. May 27, 2013
    The game features a "you vs you vs world" scenario: build and manage two empires that attempt to destroy each other at every turn while dealing with such things as floods, bandits, etc. To win, you must achieve a pre-determined score that requires your two empire to destroy each of their bases while you build new ones for them.

The game concept is interesting enough, but does get quite

The game concept is interesting enough, but does get quite tedious at time. Strategy here is not in-depth and you can quite easily climb the difficulty ladder without really focusing on planning and effeciency.

Only two races are present for you to choose from, and both are required. This leads you feeling underpowered in terms of choice and flexibility. It will always ever be "you vs you vs world", and never "you vs you vs you vs you vs world" or something to that extent.

The game was worth buying for just under $5, however, logging more than 10 hours will probably be impossible for me.
  2. May 24, 2013
    Good:
    - Lots of depth in trying to balance the two sides while fighting off Woes (think natural disasters in Sim City), bandits, and yourself.
    - The way the two sides are intentionally unbalanced is brilliant and adds a lot of strategy in planning your towns, miracles and moves. - I actually found myself attached to Blue due to their early underdog status and for the entirety of the
    Good:
    - I actually found myself attached to Blue due to their early underdog status and for the entirety of the game I coddled them while destroying Red while still playing as Red. It was a strange but awesome feeling.
    - Great music by Pablo
    - Lots of difficulty options and many variables
    - Low Price
    - Great tutorial for an Arcen game

Cons:
    - It will never be as good as AI War (making 9 the highest score I give these days)
  3. Oct 22, 2013
    I want to like this game: it's got depth, it's got strategy, it forces yourself to pit your mind vs yourself. However, I just can not get into it. I start the game up, play for 20 minutes, and then get bored. Maybe I'm just not that interesting an opponent? There really isn't as much depth here as I would have liked. Also, the game font is smaller than my eyes can easily read. All said, itI want to like this game: it's got depth, it's got strategy, it forces yourself to pit your mind vs yourself. However, I just can not get into it. I start the game up, play for 20 minutes, and then get bored. Maybe I'm just not that interesting an opponent? There really isn't as much depth here as I would have liked. Also, the game font is smaller than my eyes can easily read. All said, it just doesn't have what it takes to keep me focused long enough to enjoy this game. I get the impression if I played a little longer I'd really enjoy it. I just can't force myself to play that long. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    Skyward Collapse is unique game where you are against yourself. Even this concept is not fresh idea game does it in new way. Game never give full control to player and you are more like a mapmaker when two AI try to annihilate each other. when you build towns and map and create mythological creatures and gods you have fun time watching a result, but lack of variety that is not so much.Skyward Collapse is unique game where you are against yourself. Even this concept is not fresh idea game does it in new way. Game never give full control to player and you are more like a mapmaker when two AI try to annihilate each other. when you build towns and map and create mythological creatures and gods you have fun time watching a result, but lack of variety that is not so much.

I must recognize Music and graphics that Skyward Collapse has offer. Example main menu theme is peaceful melody with skillful solo singing. Graphics are typical in the bird's eye viewed games and doesn't make anything big and stay in simple things. Even so there is many nice details in sprites and eyes can rest peaceful when you play.

Summa summarum Skyward Collapse is nice game with potential to be something bigger but result is average game. There is nothing bad in this game but after all Skyward Collapse has offer too little from promises
  5. Jan 23, 2015
    Skyward Collapse has you fighting against yourself in a hybrid turn-based setting. The tutorial was long-winded and the game struck me as immensely boring. It did not tickle my fancy.
  6. May 1, 2014
    The most entertaining devious use of AI on AI fun in an NRTS (nearly RealTimeStrategy). Or RTS for those passive aggressive gamers. Setup the conditions for two AI to duke it out to almost annihilation. Should either AI die you fail. Carnage required for certain build options to open.

One expansion available to toy with 2 additional cultural AIs for a reasonable fraction of original purchase price.

1. Aug 28, 2013
    You cannot deny this game it's complex and innovative. It's also ill-structured, twisted and hopelessly boring.
  2. Aug 6, 2013
    Skyward Collapse is a game with simple mechanics, good interface and is visually pleasing, it's just not a lot of fun to play.
  3. Aug 1, 2013
    A game of grand ideas, then, if not grand strategy. There is a core here that deserves further exploration. [Aug 2013, p.83]