Skyward Collapse PC

8.0

1. May 27, 2013
    The game features a "you vs you vs world" scenario: build and manage two empires that attempt to destroy each other at every turn while dealing with such things as floods, bandits, etc. To win, you must achieve a pre-determined score that requires your two empire to destroy each of their bases while you build new ones for them.

The game concept is interesting enough, but does get quite

The game concept is interesting enough, but does get quite tedious at time. Strategy here is not in-depth and you can quite easily climb the difficulty ladder without really focusing on planning and effeciency.

Only two races are present for you to choose from, and both are required. This leads you feeling underpowered in terms of choice and flexibility. It will always ever be "you vs you vs world", and never "you vs you vs you vs you vs world" or something to that extent.

The game was worth buying for just under $5, however, logging more than 10 hours will probably be impossible for me.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    I want to like this game: it's got depth, it's got strategy, it forces yourself to pit your mind vs yourself. However, I just can not get into it. I start the game up, play for 20 minutes, and then get bored. Maybe I'm just not that interesting an opponent? There really isn't as much depth here as I would have liked. Also, the game font is smaller than my eyes can easily read. All said, itI want to like this game: it's got depth, it's got strategy, it forces yourself to pit your mind vs yourself. However, I just can not get into it. I start the game up, play for 20 minutes, and then get bored. Maybe I'm just not that interesting an opponent? There really isn't as much depth here as I would have liked. Also, the game font is smaller than my eyes can easily read. All said, it just doesn't have what it takes to keep me focused long enough to enjoy this game. I get the impression if I played a little longer I'd really enjoy it. I just can't force myself to play that long. Expand

1. Aug 28, 2013
    You cannot deny this game it's complex and innovative. It's also ill-structured, twisted and hopelessly boring.
  2. Aug 6, 2013
    Skyward Collapse is a game with simple mechanics, good interface and is visually pleasing, it's just not a lot of fun to play.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Aug 1, 2013
    A game of grand ideas, then, if not grand strategy. There is a core here that deserves further exploration. [Aug 2013, p.83]