Sleeping Dogs PC

8.2

1. Oct 25, 2016
    Fun game and decent story albeit with many cliches, interesting chinese setting that we dont see too often. However open world gameplay is kind of a mixed bag, world itself is very restrictive where you can go, theres no verticality whats so ever, melee combat can get old fast and in itself is very basic with super easy mechanics, driving feels also stiff.
  2. Aug 20, 2016
    Excellent story ....shooting is little strange..Batman type of fighting but enjoyable.... overall this is good game and it deserves a sequel...........
  3. Jul 5, 2016
    Waiting for Mafia III or GTA 6? Well, it's a good news. You better play Sleeping Dogs and it will remind you these games. Yeah, I'm trying to say that Sleeping Dogs are pretty similar with GTA and Mafia franchises. It has an interesting story (really interesting, by the way!), similar mechanics, awesome graphics (especially in Definitive Edition which is Remaster), and a great soundtrack.Waiting for Mafia III or GTA 6? Well, it's a good news. You better play Sleeping Dogs and it will remind you these games. Yeah, I'm trying to say that Sleeping Dogs are pretty similar with GTA and Mafia franchises. It has an interesting story (really interesting, by the way!), similar mechanics, awesome graphics (especially in Definitive Edition which is Remaster), and a great soundtrack. Please try it and you will not regret. Expand
  4. Apr 7, 2016
    The fighting mechanics are fun at first but despite contextual kills and new moves being introduced throughout the game, the combat remains quite repetitive. The animations lack weight and fail to satisfy completely; The run animation is an embarrassing example of that. The gunfight is arcade and does a commendable job of achieving that john Woo action feel. The driving while responsiveThe fighting mechanics are fun at first but despite contextual kills and new moves being introduced throughout the game, the combat remains quite repetitive. The animations lack weight and fail to satisfy completely; The run animation is an embarrassing example of that. The gunfight is arcade and does a commendable job of achieving that john Woo action feel. The driving while responsive is the weakest of all the mechanics with cars, trucks, and bikes lacking any sense of weight; The chase sections can be fun. There is also a shallow yet welcome RPG element that takes into account the nature of your actions, being good or bad, which in turns unlock the corresponding part of a skill-tree.The audio and visual presentation is competent and the story does a serviceable job of engaging the players into the Honk Kong underworld. Overall, the game's formula and blend of mechanics have potential but the overall recipe ends up betrayed by the quality of its execution. This remains a descent experience and if you feel inspired, go right ahead. Expand
  5. Feb 9, 2016
    Sleeping dogs is great game, because game reproduction Hong Kong very well.
    The main of the game is parkour and Chinese martial art.
    Also there is some guns like pistol, smg, granade launcher.
    Story is not that bad. Game's story is +B Hong Kong noire movie.
    For this reason, I rate this game point 8
  6. Jan 14, 2016
    one of the best open world games I've ever played. the gameplay is very fun. every mission is unique and good. the combat is really fluent and satisfying. they even have a whole island for just combat challenge and it was awsome. the only complain I have about this game is that when you're driving backwards, the camera angle just flies around.
  7. Jan 7, 2016
    Sleeping Dogs is not new, in fact, most of the things in the game came from other titles. It is not original, yes, but that does not mean it is not good.
  8. Dec 7, 2015
    This is a very good game with awesome melee action, decent driving, beautiful visuals and serviceable story that seems better than it really is at first. Gunplay would also be a low point of this overall strong and worthy entrance to the genre.
  9. Dec 1, 2015
    Good game but i have problems with driving on left side hehehe
    Nice open world good fighting good story
    .. . .
  10. Nov 2, 2015
    Очень душевная игра, с любовью сделанная. Вот так и хочется влепить как минимум девятку, от всей души! И это после второго прохождения! Но если объективно - восемь балов. Игра полностью оправдала все мои ожидания, сюжет отлично подходит к игре. Всё в этой игре очень удобно и красиво. Спасибо.Очень душевная игра, с любовью сделанная. Вот так и хочется влепить как минимум девятку, от всей души! И это после второго прохождения! Но если объективно - восемь балов. Игра полностью оправдала все мои ожидания, сюжет отлично подходит к игре. Всё в этой игре очень удобно и красиво. Спасибо.
  11. Sep 30, 2015
    I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, its not every day we get games based in settings such as Hong Kong, with innovate gameplay and an interesting detective story. My only real negatives for the game are based on being rather hollow when it comes to things to do in the environment, also many of the missions get rather repetitive. but over then that I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs.
  12. Sep 6, 2015
    this game is amazing. nice graphic and nice story. because i am Asian, the story is more entertained for me. also this game has so good hitting sense. but the only bad thing of this game is driving.
  13. Jun 5, 2015
    Game: Sleeping Dogs
    Genre: Action/Open World
    Developer: Squareenix System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 90/100 Value Score: 9/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Plays similar to other open world action games like GTA, Saints Row, etc
    Game: Sleeping Dogs

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Plays similar to other open world action games like GTA, Saints Row, etc
    +Driving mechanics are well done and more smoother than other Open world games that came out recently
    +Visuals are amazing in both lighting and the depth of the environment
    +Fighting mechanics are well done and focused on combos, counters, and environment attacks giving you different ways to defeat enemies
    +Gun mechanics are well done and play like a decent TPS game.
    +Be able to buy food which gives you buffs such as increased damage, vitality, etc
    +Play as a Gang member or a Police officer to play different missions and to experience different Point of views on the storyline
    +Radio stations have a great variety of music choices
    +A lot of side quests in both the main storyline and DLC storylines - allows you to get money and other items
    +DLC allows you to get more vehicles, weapons, costumes and even power ups
    +Ability to replay missions
    +Two storyline DLCs Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake extend the game's length with about 20 missions total.

Cons
    -Navigation system for cars may lead you in circles or to the wrong location
    -Some NPCs act crazy and ruin missions in the first few seconds (this is a bug more than likely - experienced this at least 8 times)
    -DLC storylines do not let you use DLC items, weapons, etc
    -No flying missions or vehicles
    -Some graphical glitches could be seen but very rarely.
    -Some NPCs do not interact with you at first try (mainly shops and vendors - more likely a bug)
  14. May 22, 2015
    Story very good, very good gameplay. Worth playing this game .
  15. Mar 28, 2015
    GTA with style. This is how I would sum up Sleeping Dogs. I didn't care much for the story and characters in GTA, with all the stupidity and macho **** Of course you have part of that in Sleeping Dogs too, it IS about gangsters after all. Still there is a quite a bit of honor infused in the story instead of primitivity. Also, both story and characters seem deeper as a result of it.GTA with style. This is how I would sum up Sleeping Dogs. I didn't care much for the story and characters in GTA, with all the stupidity and macho **** Of course you have part of that in Sleeping Dogs too, it IS about gangsters after all. Still there is a quite a bit of honor infused in the story instead of primitivity. Also, both story and characters seem deeper as a result of it.
    Besides that, it also features better gameplay than GTA. Virtually all the minigames, the shoot outs AND the hand to hand combat feel great. Alright, the hand to hand combat isn't as good as in the Batman games and there is one minigame that is damn tedious and you have to do a lot (picking locks on MANY lockboxes lying around town) but other than that, it's all great. Graphics look a bit dated, yet it still requires a fairly powerful system to run smoothly maxed out, so it doesn't seem like they optimized it very well. And those minor gripes about gameplay and graphics are really everything that keeps me from giving this game a perfect score. Oh, it also has quite a bit to discover. Maybe not as much as GTA4 but if you are a completionist, my guess is that it'll take you 20-25 hours to get everything.
    [edit]I originally rated this "only" 9/10. But I played through it twice already and am still listening to the Soundtrack on a regular basis, wondering about when a sequel will finally be released. And when I think back to the last couple of years and what great games I've played, aside from various indie games, only "Sleeping Dogs" comes to mind. It's a shame that the leaderboards are so screwed up, otherwise I'd probably compete with others every weekend but it doesn't change the fact that this strong urge of still wanting to play it means that it is essentially a perfect game.[/edit]
  16. Feb 18, 2015
    A solid game with solid gameplay mechanics and a solid story. Everything is mostly pretty solid. Nothing stands out as exceptionally good or bad, it's just quite simply a solid game.

The Hong Kong aesthetic is certainly nice, and the whole undercover cop scenario does produce a degree of tension and internal conflict within the protagonist. The ending felt abrupt however, with some important characters being put on the sideline, not quite receiving the same amount of attention as Wei Shen. Overall though, the story is comparatively better than what most games put out.

You know what else Sleeping Dogs does better at than most mainstream games as well? Being a good PC port. There are a plethora of customization options available and the performance is great (GTX770 2GB, max settings with high AA, averaging 90-100fps with a minimum of 60). Controls can sometimes be a little awkward with a keyboard and mouse, but it hardly impedes on the enjoyability of the game.

Overall rating: 8.0/10
  17. Feb 16, 2015
    This game has not seen the attention it deserves.It is one of the best open world action game.The game is played from a third-person perspective and its world is navigated on-foot or by vehicle like gta series.You are controlling an undercover police officer with pro martial art skills.Fighting is really good in this game mostly you are going to fight with your fists because the game takesThis game has not seen the attention it deserves.It is one of the best open world action game.The game is played from a third-person perspective and its world is navigated on-foot or by vehicle like gta series.You are controlling an undercover police officer with pro martial art skills.Fighting is really good in this game mostly you are going to fight with your fists because the game takes place in Hong kong,it's hard to find a gun. Expand
  18. Feb 11, 2015
    you are lovin open world games. and trying to check something else and not gta. well ? this game is for you. hands down to square enix for this one. this game is great. good graphics. the driving physics are fine. in the beginning you won't understand how to turn. but youll understand it. the story is interesting. the voice acting is good. combat have plenties of combos and training. it'syou are lovin open world games. and trying to check something else and not gta. well ? this game is for you. hands down to square enix for this one. this game is great. good graphics. the driving physics are fine. in the beginning you won't understand how to turn. but youll understand it. the story is interesting. the voice acting is good. combat have plenties of combos and training. it's a great game. and i hope that more open world game will be like that. im looking at you ride to hell Expand
  19. Feb 4, 2015
    Sleeping Dogs is a good game, full of atmosphere recreating the gritty feel and beauty of Hong Kong, coupled with a good balance between gunplay and a martial arts combat system, engrossing story line and interesting missions makes Sleeping Dogs a fun and addictive game let down, only content and length, if Sleeping Dogs was longer and had more content it would be excellent.
  20. Jan 22, 2015
    Sleeping Dogs es un titulo que mezcla varios géneros. Mundo abierto estilo GTA, el sistema de pelea de Batman Arkham Asylum, el slowmo de Max Payne, etc.

Para empezar el mundo abierto esta muy bien echo, con excepción de la falta de gente que tiene, esta muy bien recreado. Me encanta ir por Hong Kong, la gente no tiene skins similares, al menos no mucho, tiene una muy buena iluminación y esta lleno de colecionables. Y los coleccionables son útiles. Este juego hace a los coleccionables útiles. Si consigues suficientes puedes conseguir mas vida, mejoras en combate, dinero, ropa y vehículos únicos, etc. Y si hablamos del combate, es similar al de Batman Arkham Asylum, no esta tan fluido, pero aun así hace un buen trabajo, y tienes mas opciones que en el ya mencionado acilo. Conforme avances obtendrás mejoras, como hacer mas daño, nuevos movimientos, y como eh dicho antes, los coleccionables te sirven para conseguir nuevos ataques. Como romper brazos y piernas. El titulo también tiene una gran cantidad de minijuegos. La historia y atmósfera es como la de una buena película de acción de Jackie Chan, puede ser algo predecible pero no la daría por mala. Llegas a conocer una buena cantidad de personajes que muestran ser mas que matones eh inocentes justicieros. Y uno que me gusta en particular es Jackie, un amigo que conoces al inicio del juego. Al principio tiene una forma de pensar algo infantil, pero se va dando cuenta de lo horrible que es el mundo real y eso le destroza. No sera perfecto pero no esta mal. Al final, este es un buen titulo, me a gustado conseguir los logros, y se me olvido decir que también tiene parkour, pero seguro que ya es mucho que leer, le doy un 08/10. Es un gran juego que te hará pasar un buen rato.
  21. Jan 13, 2015
    I'm not giving this a ten solely on my opinion, this game is really that great. One of the most entertaining Action/Adventure games I have ever played, It was exciting from start to finish.

This game has a great atmosphere,soundtrack,Characters, and customization.

The map is very atmospheric and dynamic, which makes exploration fun.
  22. Jan 12, 2015
    What I have ever been expecting from Watch dogs came out on nowhere from Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition. Graphics are well optimized and on Ultra looks amazing, Story is perfect and I was always looking forward to see what happends next. Fighting system of Kun-gfu - what a great amazing job.. shooting part also very entertaining. Blood is everywhere - like in Kill Bill.. :) I am notWhat I have ever been expecting from Watch dogs came out on nowhere from Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition. Graphics are well optimized and on Ultra looks amazing, Story is perfect and I was always looking forward to see what happends next. Fighting system of Kun-gfu - what a great amazing job.. shooting part also very entertaining. Blood is everywhere - like in Kill Bill.. :) I am not giving 10/10 - from my point of view it have to be real revolution - like Wolfenstein, Doom, Half-life were in their time. Yet this game is very enjoyable and I urge you, if you didn´t tried it yet like me just few day´s ago.. Go for it - it is must have in any gamers collection and I promise to you, that you will not play anything else, until you beat this game - that much it is enjoyable.. Expand
  23. Dec 16, 2014
    The game looks great the world is medium sized, I wouldn't call it large - you can drive all the way round it in minutes. For me this game is spoiled by rubbish controls, I managed to fix this with auto hot key which allows me to redefine keys as desired (ie use cursors).
    — — — —
    The driving is appalling for 2 reasons: — — Firstly the automatic camera/view drives me nuts, you can
    — — — —
    The driving is appalling for 2 reasons:
    — —
    Firstly the automatic camera/view drives me nuts, you can mouse-look to check before turning a corner but when you turn the corner the game spins the camera round, your view ends up pointing at a building to the side of the car so then you have to correct the camera manually because it is slow to move the camera to forward. It is ghastly.
    — —
    Secondly, keyboard control has been badly programmed, very badly. You are driving along, you want to make a minor adjustment, you can't, you tap left.... there's a pause where nothing happens, then the car jerks violently to the left - a lot, it is dismal. (AHK is not the cause of this - I tested without it loaded).
  24. Nov 27, 2014
    Actually, I liked this game more than I think I would, really.

Actually, I liked this game more than I think I would, really.

The gameplay is amazing. It's kind of GTA-like, but, at the same time, it isn't. Sleeping Dogs is much more focused on kung-fu and martial arts than gunplay. It is a bit clunky, and the cars are strange to drive (although there's nice features, for example, you can jump from the car you're driving to other car). But, overall, the gameplay is nice.

The graphics are amazing, even today, 2 years since the game was launched. The rain and water reflex on the ground are beautiful, and Hong Kong really adds to the charm.

The story is actually pretty nice also. The start and the ending are a bit rushed, but the game keeps the plot interesting. And the campaign is much shorter than GTA, but it is much more focused, and, to be sincere, I think I liked the story of this game more than the story of GTA IV. GTA IV tries to be immersive, but the campaign takes so much to complete -and the characters just keep coming kinda out of nowhere.

So, yeah, if you have some spare money, I really recommend you to grab Sleeping Dogs. You won't regret it.
  25. Sep 9, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs is a addictive and fun game. The interpretation of Hong Kong is amazing though as someone who lived in Hong Kong for most of their lives, i cant help but feel that they could have included more areas.
    The fighting mechanic of the game is really clean and fun. Driving can be at times a bit "floaty".
    The sounds are very authentic and i look forward to the new sequel. A
    The sounds are very authentic and i look forward to the new sequel.
    A must try game for those who want a different setting to an open world game!
  26. Sep 9, 2014
    Im being generous by giving it the score that i am giving ,but, it is a fun game. The setting is pretty unique. Story is ok. The big thing is combat, of course. It's frustrating but very satisfying to smash some people into pieces. Driving? Worst i have seen from a AAA title. Worse than Grid 2. Worse than GTA V. About 50% deadzone. I really dont know what the hell they were thinking.
  27. Aug 16, 2014
    this game is really amazing i have played the story over at least 5 times now and can not get bored playing it love the fighting mechanics also love how you dont need a gun like is most other games *cough* GTA *cough*. also the DLC missions are fun to play as well which is mainly Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake. to end it off if you like this style of sandbox games you wouldthis game is really amazing i have played the story over at least 5 times now and can not get bored playing it love the fighting mechanics also love how you dont need a gun like is most other games *cough* GTA *cough*. also the DLC missions are fun to play as well which is mainly Nightmare in North Point and Year of the Snake. to end it off if you like this style of sandbox games you would get in total about 50-100 hours worth of replay value to me i find and now since the game is 20$ compared to when i pre ordered this game in the past for a high value. so take my word buy the game you wont be disappointed. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2014
    A great game with an interesting martial arts combat system. It is an open world game with tons of collect-ables and side quests. The story is no masterpiece but still entertaining with sparkles of greatness. The characters and their motivations in the game are believable. Overall there are better open world games but the setting and combat system makes it an above average game for me. MyA great game with an interesting martial arts combat system. It is an open world game with tons of collect-ables and side quests. The story is no masterpiece but still entertaining with sparkles of greatness. The characters and their motivations in the game are believable. Overall there are better open world games but the setting and combat system makes it an above average game for me. My true rating would be a 8,5 so it is rounded up to 9/10 . Expand
  29. Aug 8, 2014
    A priori disseram que este jogo era uma cópia do GTA, mas apesar de ter claro a inspiração posso dizer que é um excelente jogo de ambientação única. Excelente jogabilidade, boa história (com clichê, claro) e bastante divertido!

Mapa aberto, repleto de side quests e colecionáveis, o que renderá várias horas de gameplay. Eu recomendo este jogo, mas não dou 10 por causa de alguns bugs.

30. Aug 7, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs - Just TONS OF FUN!
    Seriously, this game is really worth playing. It's a sandbox game as it should be, if you like sandbox games, you will like this one.
    In this game you are Wei Shen, an undercover officer. Sometimes you act as a policeman and sometimes you have to act as a gangster. But things don't go so right as they should, you cannot trust anyone. The Story is
    Sleeping Dogs - Just TONS OF FUN!
    The Story is awesome, bad thing is, sometimes you encounter people you've never seen and realize they are quite important parts of the story, so you have to think yourself.
    The Gameplay is the funniest part on the game, sometimes missions might seem repetitive as you kicking some guys again and again, but you will still enjoy it. Bad thing about gameplay is, that it's VERY glitchy, mostly harmless but sometimes pretty annoying.
    The World is nice, set in Hong Hong streets, you may do many things while not on missions such as finding collectibles, driving races, helping people for reward...
    9/10 - Never gets boring.
  31. Jul 17, 2014
    One of the greatest game ever created. Immersing stories, great fighting combination, mixed with a beautiful Hong Kong city panorama that even make me want to visit there. Two thumbs up.
  32. Jul 14, 2014
    I never expected much from this game. I had slight appeal before playing this as Hong Kong fascinates me.
    Right from the start, I was sucked in. The game has a great story, the fighting mechanics are fun and overall seems very well done. This also played great on a PC, didn't feel out of place at all. The city is beautiful.
    My only gripes would be that the main story is somewhat

My only gripes would be that the main story is somewhat short, it works, very well but I would have liked more. I still put around 15 hours into it and hardly did the side missions.
    Also the "dating" thing, it would have been cool if you could continue seeing women, instead of them just disappearing.

All in all, excellent game and highly underrated.
  33. Jul 13, 2014
    A proper game. Think GTA in Hong Kong, with a focus on realism and combat. Proper graphics, great music and cutscenes (with native Cantonese voices now and then!), and a brutal combat system. The story is exciting!
  34. Jul 6, 2014
    I can easily call Sleeping Dogs one of the best open world Sandbox games on the PC. Now that's saying a lot, I know. Sleeping Dogs has a very advanced combat system that really helps the player feel as though they are really in control of the character! I would have liked a better shooting mechanic plus I can't help but realize the story isn't the most original piece of work, and theI can easily call Sleeping Dogs one of the best open world Sandbox games on the PC. Now that's saying a lot, I know. Sleeping Dogs has a very advanced combat system that really helps the player feel as though they are really in control of the character! I would have liked a better shooting mechanic plus I can't help but realize the story isn't the most original piece of work, and the controls really aren't very optimized for the PC (My suggestion - swap the L - Shift and Space bar) but nevertheless Sleeping Dogs in definitely a game of the ages worthy of any player! Expand
  35. Jun 29, 2014
    Despite the large amount of glitches, everything is quite good in this game. Story is interesting, I like the combat in this game. Graphics is still acceptable. Drivings is not as good as other though.
    I hope this game can have a sequel. You should get this game if you like GTA, or Just Cause 2 you should pick it up.
  36. Jun 29, 2014
    I can't play this game thanks to the hkship.exe error. I think this is a fine open world game like GTA, so I would love to play it, but the people at Square Enix should address this situation.
  37. Jun 23, 2014
    The same devs of tomb raider and hit man don't disappoint, highly underrated game story is down right amazing, solid graphics gameplay is a blast wasn't expecting it to be that good glad i bought it.
  38. Jun 21, 2014
    A game that puts you in a Hong Kong crime/action movie. There is so much done right in this game. Not only does it look gorgeous, it creates a truly fascinating city with memorable characters.
    Everyone goes with the GTA clone approach of all open world games, but this game has a unique feeling.
    The fighting and driving are a joy and the story is compelling. A real winner in my books!
  39. Jun 7, 2014
    Great story, interesting characters, unique style to the game but the controls and graphics are okay but managable. Using a gamepad can fix this issue.
    The game is inferior to Gta and Saints Row in graphics in most areas but the story and the characters actually makes up for it. I enjoyed this game more than I did with Gta IV at times so it is an underrated game. It is actually unfair to compare this game to Gta because it has a smaller studio and this is their first open-world type of game similar to Gta in the genre. I think they did a very good job for being their first game in this game genre. It is better to play this game without comparing it too much to others imho because it gets more enjoyable that way.
  40. Jun 5, 2014
    Definitely one of my favourite open world games off all time. A storyline which keeps players guessing, lots of side-missions to complete, the majority of which are fun, and although the world is not as big as that of GTA V, it makes for some very heart-racing car chases. If this game were to be made for Online, I would have given it 10/10.
  41. May 27, 2014
    If you like parkour, fighting and GTA, you will like this game. Graphic is pretty good and story is interesting. You will be part of japan underworld which is very brutal. I will appreciate better physx.
  42. May 19, 2014
    Great game, the only bad thing is that's too short. They also should have explored the storyline better, with more exciting missions and more things to do in the world map. But it's a great game, you will certain enjoy it from the beginning into his end.

The combat mode reminds Shenmue a lot. I really recommend play it with a joystick.
  43. May 9, 2014
    The game is virtually unplayable through Steam. I've tried deleting local content, disabling the texture pack, deleting local content again and reinstalling the game, various "fixes" from reliable sources that I followed to the letter, all to no avail. I have a large gaming catalogue where only a handful games I got from bundles are acting up and all those games are known to give issues. IThe game is virtually unplayable through Steam. I've tried deleting local content, disabling the texture pack, deleting local content again and reinstalling the game, various "fixes" from reliable sources that I followed to the letter, all to no avail. I have a large gaming catalogue where only a handful games I got from bundles are acting up and all those games are known to give issues. I can get into the world, look around, do some quests and that's fine, but the game loves to crash to desktop without an error for no particular reason. Drive a certain way? Crash. Look at the police cameras? Crash. I love sandbox games, and I hate to say this but I'm done with this "game" and the DLC I bought that I never got to experience, and I moved Sleeping Dogs to my "Games that don't work" folder. GG. Expand
  44. May 4, 2014
    Really good game with an intriguing story, nice combat system (similar to Batman series one), funny races with cars and a nice way to make u want to change and find collectables cause they actually give you bonuses. However the game world is plain and has no variety (probably because it is set in HK...) so i won't give it a full score. Anyway it's a really good game and you should play itReally good game with an intriguing story, nice combat system (similar to Batman series one), funny races with cars and a nice way to make u want to change and find collectables cause they actually give you bonuses. However the game world is plain and has no variety (probably because it is set in HK...) so i won't give it a full score. Anyway it's a really good game and you should play it if u like action and police movies. Expand
  45. May 2, 2014
    Overall not a bad game but not really spectacular. The main story is nice (and the story makes sense, unlike some recent games) but unfortunately there is no player choice to speak of, in a setting that calls for player choices. It is a very linear story within an open world. Most of the time you don't change anything either.

Also there isn't much to play once you've finished your main

Also there isn't much to play once you've finished your main story other than car races (some are quite clunky), street fighting, and beating karaoke score, and etc.
  46. Apr 26, 2014
    First i wasn't sure about this game, but once i finished it i had no other feeling than "Wow i want more".
    This game beats the crap out of Any GTA, the story line and voice acting is by far its strongest part.
    Hoping for Sleeping dogs 2 :)
  47. Apr 23, 2014
    Everyone who gave this above a 2 is a suck up or liar. This game blows. This feels like an unfinished copy of GTA, except it sucks. Sucks really badly.
  48. Apr 10, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs could be a perfect action game in GTA style, but with much more style, well made and without Bugs - just since first release - and this is not Small feat! Indeed, it is enough to merit a full 10! Pity that you can not rebind the Arrow Keys.... and this is a big problem because it does not allow you to fully enjoy the game - at least for players like me who areSleeping Dogs could be a perfect action game in GTA style, but with much more style, well made and without Bugs - just since first release - and this is not Small feat! Indeed, it is enough to merit a full 10! Pity that you can not rebind the Arrow Keys.... and this is a big problem because it does not allow you to fully enjoy the game - at least for players like me who are accustomed to using the right side of the keyboard (arrows + numpad and other Keys around that area)... and we are not too few! - What a Pity! But really Idon't understand because that limitation. Why?...But Why? Expand
  49. Apr 8, 2014
    Awesome GTA alternative, that's all I have to say. Just try it yourself. You will be absolutely amazed how awesome this is, only after you finish off Ming. Need I say more?
  50. Mar 29, 2014
    Great game!
    Streets and voices in it are well designed.
    Most of the action/fight part is great in control,while most of the QTE reaction timings are very limited and must be remembered inflexibly to avoid attack/damage in routined arrangement by repeatedly pushing keys. Very good work for people to see the dark side of Chinese/Hongkong society in a exaggerated way. Biggest
    Great game!
    Streets and voices in it are well designed.
    Biggest falure:vehicle maneuver.Seems that the driving part was not tested sufficiently.When we want to just shift slightly for a better forward direction and are holding the backward button,the camera changes into a strange and useless side view,with the most important sraight forward or backward view blocked.
    Too much collectables.
    最大的缺点,车辆操控,即便不动鼠标,视角总是自动换成一个无用的方向,而最重要的正前和正后方却不能看到。
    补充:triad一词在西方世界的现代英语中仅仅指代主要由来自广东及其周边地区的华人组成的黑帮,至于其原意“三合”已经属于历史词汇了,所以游戏里的triad简单的翻译成黑帮就行了,而不是所谓“三合会”。
  51. Mar 27, 2014
    I would give this a 7.5. It takes a while to develop the martial arts training needed to beat up all the thugs and drug smugglers, but once you start learning a few of the tricks, it becomes easier. There's too much driving for my taste (no fast travel) and too many car and foot races but I'm sure many enjoy that aspect. At first I thought it was a bit tedious, but as the story progressedI would give this a 7.5. It takes a while to develop the martial arts training needed to beat up all the thugs and drug smugglers, but once you start learning a few of the tricks, it becomes easier. There's too much driving for my taste (no fast travel) and too many car and foot races but I'm sure many enjoy that aspect. At first I thought it was a bit tedious, but as the story progressed it became more interesting. I'm glad I played it. It's worth a try if you don't have any other game to play. Expand
  52. Mar 27, 2014
    Consider it as a well-round and decent GTA expansion. A must-play for all GTA fans. Decent story, decent characters, shame about the fact that there should be nobody talking that good of an English in Hong Kong.
  53. Mar 11, 2014
    Nice PC port. Controls work well, and the high-resolution texture pack helps the game look pretty damn good. The freeflow combat, reminiscent of Arkham Asylum, combined with the KH cinema-inspired style of the game help to create a memorable experience. The only issues are probably the lack of end game content, as well as the complete lack of difficulty.
  54. Mar 2, 2014
    A great open world game. Satisfying quests, and an emotional component I was surprised to feel. I actually felt conflicted about some of my actions during this game. The combat isn't great, but the overall feel of accomplishment is.

I especially enjoyed a number of the side missions and the driving aspects of the game. While not a driving simulator, the variety of cars and the chance to get into trouble/incentive for not bashing up the car you just stole added an element of fun to the driving.

The game really shines, though, in its sense of immersion. The city feels as real as any city I've experienced in gaming. This realism adds greatly to the missions, the driving, and the overall plot/story of the game.

While some games are a "solid 8", this game is more like a 10 in some ways and a 6 in others, averaging to an 8. If you like games with a variety of missions and an open world feel and lots to accomplish, this is great. If you require an excellent combat system, then this is probably a "pass" for you.
  55. Feb 22, 2014
    this is a great game with high production values. it plays pretty much like GTA and Saint's Row with a distinct flavor of it's own. the close combat melee system is very good and much better than GTA allowing you to play it more as a pure fighter as opposed to just with firearms. the story-line isn't great or even original: good cop goes undercover and has to deal with crossed loyalties,this is a great game with high production values. it plays pretty much like GTA and Saint's Row with a distinct flavor of it's own. the close combat melee system is very good and much better than GTA allowing you to play it more as a pure fighter as opposed to just with firearms. the story-line isn't great or even original: good cop goes undercover and has to deal with crossed loyalties, etc. nonetheless, the game does well despite the rather trite and tested story. my only real gripe with the game is the rewards/boost DLCs. if you buy the game with the DLCs in a bundle, there is no way to choose which DLCs to run and which to deactivate. the DLCs which boosts xp/skills is ridiculously OP and will just about literally max level your character without giving you a choice and without being able to experience the fun of levelling or progressing your character. without the DLC i'd actually rate this game an 8.5 or 9, with the progression aspect of the game taken out, i'd only rate it a 7. Expand
  56. Feb 22, 2014
    Muy buenos gráficos y muy bien optimizados, excelente jugabilidad y muy buena historia.
    Nunca encontré un Bug, el mundo abierto es impresionante.
    +10!
  57. Feb 15, 2014
    its a nice open world game like GTA.i like this game because of its action.also its graphics are very nice.it has a best story line.Sleeping Dogs’ blurred lines come to the fore as soon as you’re introduced to the game’s unique leveling system, which allots Shen experience points in three specific areas: Cop, Triad and Face
  58. Feb 5, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs is a good game hampered by poor optimization, a terrible control scheme, and somewhat repetitive gameplay. The gameplay is mostly enjoyable, but you'll be doing the same moves (once you learn them) over and over again, fight after fight. By the end of the game it will really start to wear on you. The story and graphics are good. I never played to "see what happens next" butSleeping Dogs is a good game hampered by poor optimization, a terrible control scheme, and somewhat repetitive gameplay. The gameplay is mostly enjoyable, but you'll be doing the same moves (once you learn them) over and over again, fight after fight. By the end of the game it will really start to wear on you. The story and graphics are good. I never played to "see what happens next" but it was still enjoyable even though it was slightly held back by poor dialogue. The biggest problem with Sleeping Dogs, however, is that it is a poor port. The optimization is terrible. There is no reason for it to struggle to maintain 60 fps and the controls are God awful. I mean, who decided to make run and jump the same button? In order to jump while running, you have to quickly release the spacebar and then press it again and hold it down so you keep running. And right click to exit a vehicle? I accidentally exited vehicles so many times because of this terrible control scheme. Despite these flaws, Sleeping Dogs has enough content and is just about the right length so you don't get bored with it. Overall, I am disappointed in Sleeping Dogs. I expected less rookie mistakes from a game with such high praise. Expand
  59. Feb 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. this perfect 10 is coming from a lifelong gamer. This game is not a GTA clone, it's stands head and shoulders above GTA series(including 5) on it's own merit. I created my Metacritic account today because I felt this game is grossly underrated. I just finished the game and it's plot and acting is very compelling and suspenseful. There was some level of predictability as to what would happen next, as to who might die or live but the way it played out was simply genius. I've heard this game is not getting it's just due in terms of sales and I can think of a few reasons...some of which I do not wish to go into. One thing is fairy certain however is that they did a poor marketing job of getting the buzz out. I experienced some crashes in the beginning but once I tweaked my screen resolution that stopped and I never encountered the issue again. I've been to Hong Kong several years ago and the depiction of the place is fairly accurate. Minus some of their famed parks, Train system and several other major banks, I was still very satisfied what the detailing. The handling of the cars takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it became smooth sailing as I won many street races with ease. For all those who lowered their score due to "dated graphics" go get yourself a better gaming rig. With my Gaming rig I was able to max out everything and the graphics was up to par with the best of em'
    This is a martial arts game and Hong Kong has strict gun laws so don't expect a shoot em' up affair. You'll get a gun as needed throughout as the main goal of the game is to develop your fighting skillset. it was quite obvious that this game was a tribute to the great late icon Bruce Lee. The main Character lived in the united states just like Bruce Lee did during his life, they both look alike, similar mannerisms, taste in outfits, shades, height, weight etc. Their also was several references to Bruce Lee's films, in one scene a character pointed to a place where "Fists of _____" was filmed, of course he was implying Fists of Fury. Later in the game I also found hidden the yellow Jumpsuit Bruce wore in Game of death. The learning curve of the controls and fighting techniques is about a 7 out of a 10 but stick with it and you'll be kicking major @ss just like the great Bruce Lee did. This is not a renter folks it's a must buy for your collection with very strong replay value
  60. Feb 1, 2014
    Sleeping Dogs wants to be a GTA with an oriental flavor. What it turns out to be, actually, is a bleak open world game with a slight smell of John Woo movies. Not even taste, no...

S.Dogs offers you the option of choosing your allegiance but it influences nothing apart from the acquisition of certain skills. Side activities like dates and karaoke aren't too engaging and although the dates (and using massage parlors) strongly imply you having sex with the girls, nothing is shown. Brave this game is not.

DLC costumes, guns and vehicles are sort of a gimmick. All the missions are done in vehicles provided to you and carrying any kind of gun outside of your apartment makes you a police target immediately. And the game is full of "chase this guy on foot for five minutes and then take him down in melee" sequences where shooting the guy fails the mission. Smart this game is not.

What's left is an extremely dragged out and watered down Hong Kong action movie broken into small parts hidden among a bleak GTA clone.
  61. Jan 10, 2014
    Cons:

The game is way too easy. The driving feels very unrealistic. Below average voice acting. Mediocre plot. Pros: Nice graphics and atmosphere. Is generally a lot of fun. Disregard reviews which state the game blows GTA out of the water, this is simply not the case for players above the age of 6. It's an OK game, nothing special. If it can be purchased on a steam sale
    Cons:

The game is way too easy.
    The driving feels very unrealistic.
    Below average voice acting.
    Mediocre plot.

Pros:

Nice graphics and atmosphere.
    Is generally a lot of fun.

Disregard reviews which state the game blows GTA out of the water, this is simply not the case for players above the age of 6. It's an OK game, nothing special. If it can be purchased on a steam sale for £4, I recommend it.
  62. Dec 26, 2013
    To me, Sleeping Dogs is a truly underrated game. It features an amazing well written realistic story, fun gameplay and great ideas and mechanics. All of those 6 and 7 it get's truly annoys me. I feel like this game at least deserves an 8, and personally i'd give it a nine. Never did I get bored iwth any of the missions and the story kept on being interresting. Never did the game feel likeTo me, Sleeping Dogs is a truly underrated game. It features an amazing well written realistic story, fun gameplay and great ideas and mechanics. All of those 6 and 7 it get's truly annoys me. I feel like this game at least deserves an 8, and personally i'd give it a nine. Never did I get bored iwth any of the missions and the story kept on being interresting. Never did the game feel like a chore and never did I find moments i abselutely hated. Of course like any other game this has it's flaws, but they aren't terrible in any way. There are no major bugs or glitches which is incredible considering the fact that it's an open world game. The parkour elements are fun and work great, the combat may not be as good as a Jackie Chan movie, but it's not bad either. It's fun and simple and works great. And to tell you the truth I have no idea how you would make fast kung-fu based combat without either making it way to hard or constantly having cuick time events and having the game to go slow-motion. Im think it's a great game and i would recommend it for pretty much anyone.

Sleeping dogs get's a 9/10.
  63. Dec 6, 2013
    Decent open world gaming experience. However fighting mechanics and counter moves make the actual fighting a bit too easy. I hardly died to enemies at the game and I kinda wished more challenge. Storyline is quite interesting and keeps you playing until the end. Side missions almost always follow the same pattern, follow enemy, beat the enemy, mission complete. You might still want to giveDecent open world gaming experience. However fighting mechanics and counter moves make the actual fighting a bit too easy. I hardly died to enemies at the game and I kinda wished more challenge. Storyline is quite interesting and keeps you playing until the end. Side missions almost always follow the same pattern, follow enemy, beat the enemy, mission complete. You might still want to give this game a try because of its unique combat system and storyline. Expand
  64. Dec 5, 2013
    A very interesting game that will provide you lots of fun. It mixes amazing martial arts with very good gun fights, its intense and has a good solid story with very good missions. But not all is perfect.

The combat system is amazing, I never played something that felt so good, so simple and so engaging, hand to hand combat is awesome, gun fighting is in the same high quality standards of the best 'open world' games around.
    The AI isn't bad at all, probably better than in most games of the genre, but it lacks a choice in difficulty, after a while beating the NPC's becomes very easy but it never stops being fun.
    The map is quite good, sometimes it feels like you are in Hong Kong for real, however, the map is quite barren. What I mean is, at start you get a lot of amazing missions but don't expect the 'open world' to be like that, most of the map is just streets, there's no chance for good parkour or anything like that, just in a few areas the map is evolved to that level.
    Missions are very well made, but there's just too many car chases, and driving in this game feels like you are playing a 90's racing game.
    The 'Open World' feature is a lie. This game is not even close to be an 'open world' game. It lacks everything:
    -The map isn't good enough, you only get detailed areas where missions usually take place, most of the map is just streets.
    -The activities outside the storyline missions/content is very low on quantity, sometimes on quality and definitely repetitive.
    -The NPC spawning is horrible, one of the worst I've seen, for example, if the cops are after you, they won't spawn in the direction you are heading, but if you turn around for 1 second to shoot or look at what's going on, all of a sudden you have NPC cops instantly spawning where you were heading, all of a sudden you are surrounded and being shot at from all sides... just awful game design.
    -There's no shops to buy guns or any type of weapon... seriously... you are playing as a triad criminal and you can't get guns unless you steal them from cops?

This is a great game, one of the best I ever played, but don't get fooled by the words 'open world', if you are looking for an 'open world' game, this is not the one you should buy. This game is just a very good criminal/action story that you play with a small city in the background and amazing martial arts mechanics. Since the developers claimed it to be an 'open world' game, they made a lot of publicity about it being so, I feel disappointed, and from a possible 9-10 score I will have to get down to 7-8, and since I had so much fun playing this game I will go with the 8.
  65. Dec 5, 2013
    Another GTA4 clone, not quite the same quality, but with a slightly better story and just as enjoyable. The Hong Kong open world is about as good as GTA4's Liberty City. Fight mechanics are decent but not original. Car handling is not as good as GTA4 but acceptable. There is fairly severe consolitis (mushy mouse, too low FOV, bad checkpoint save system, police vans that spawn right inAnother GTA4 clone, not quite the same quality, but with a slightly better story and just as enjoyable. The Hong Kong open world is about as good as GTA4's Liberty City. Fight mechanics are decent but not original. Car handling is not as good as GTA4 but acceptable. There is fairly severe consolitis (mushy mouse, too low FOV, bad checkpoint save system, police vans that spawn right in front of you and are faster than supercars etc) but it is not game breaking. The DLC is not essential. Worth getting in a Steam sale. Expand
  66. Dec 3, 2013
    Pro of the Sleeping Dogs.
    -Nice storyline,it is better than GTA SA or GTA IV(my opinion)
    -Very nice graphic -It got best melee combat feature -Many thing to unlock -Gun's sound is very good Cons of Sleeping Dogs. -Gun is too rare -Vehicle handling in this game is very awful it is impossible to flip over car on mid air -After you completed all the mission,it started get boring
    Pro of the Sleeping Dogs.
    -Nice storyline,it is better than GTA SA or GTA IV(my opinion)
    -Very nice graphic
    -It got best melee combat feature
    -Many thing to unlock
    -Gun's sound is very good

Cons of Sleeping Dogs.
    -Gun is too rare
    -After you completed all the mission,it started get boring
    -You can't earn money from killing people
    -Police appear from somewhere else when you getting wanted.
  67. Nov 20, 2013
    Open World games aren't exactly in shortage these days, but Sleeping Dogs for me has been the best released for a long while! What makes the game stand-out from the others is simple; it has a different take on combat (focussing for the most part on melee) and it takes us to a different setting (in Hong Kong) which makes this game ten times more interesting than the standard American cityOpen World games aren't exactly in shortage these days, but Sleeping Dogs for me has been the best released for a long while! What makes the game stand-out from the others is simple; it has a different take on combat (focussing for the most part on melee) and it takes us to a different setting (in Hong Kong) which makes this game ten times more interesting than the standard American city clones! Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience playing this game and the smaller map size actually felt refreshing as you started to remember your way around the city and got to explore it in its entirety… Definitely my favourite open world game since Just Cause 2! Expand
  68. Nov 16, 2013
    Gripping game with a living, breathing, sandbox version of Hong Kong. The plot lines and voice acting are on par with the good character animation and amazingly detailed urban environments. I paid around £3 for this on steam sale and it represented amazing value! If you enjoy cop/martial arts movies then you'll like this, the plot is actually a lot better than many of the films...
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    Some little bugs, but besides that a pretty good game. Feels more realistic than GTA4. The driving is kind of bad imo but combat is really fun. Story wise I'd say its way better than GTA. All in all I got this game for like 4 bucks on steam and absolutely worth it. Great game.
  70. Nov 1, 2013
    There is no FOV option, if playing with a very low FOV makes you sick you should avoid this game. I feel sick and get headaches when I try to play it.
  71. Nov 1, 2013
    Such a great game! It's like Grand Theft Auto, but with much more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat. If you're the type to truly get into the story of your games, you'll find yourself seriously displeased and surprised at some of the actions that go on in cutscenes. Sometimes, you'll really want a character to pay for what they've done, and sometimes you'll mourn over the loss of another.Such a great game! It's like Grand Theft Auto, but with much more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat. If you're the type to truly get into the story of your games, you'll find yourself seriously displeased and surprised at some of the actions that go on in cutscenes. Sometimes, you'll really want a character to pay for what they've done, and sometimes you'll mourn over the loss of another.

The combat system is similar to the Arkham series, where you can counter attack by simply right-clicking a highlighted enemy. Stuff like that. There's a of combos and cool fighting techniques you can take, and it just gives the game so much more variety. This is probably the first game in existence where I want to complete the sidemissions AFTER I already completed the story.
  72. Oct 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sleeping Dogs is an open world game set in the vibrant world of Hong Kong The characters are brilliantly done, when a character died i felt so angry and sad that i flipped out. You need an incredibly powerful machine in order to play this game on the highest quality but once you've seen it you eyes will rejoice in happiness. Expand
  73. Oct 27, 2013
    A mix of Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row, Max Payne, Assassin's Creed, Batman: Arkham City, Just Cause 2, and Yakuza. This awesome game is full of fun. A true successor to the True Crime series.
  74. Oct 26, 2013
    this game is basically what the new gta games will NEVER archive ON PC, a open world/city game wich is OPTIMIZED through and through AND looks better(60 fps on mid-high end system) while the crappy looking gta4 still runs horribly. I dont even want a gta 5 on pc because they gonna eff it up again like they did with gta4, id rather wait for triad wars.. And the game itself is ingenius, thethis game is basically what the new gta games will NEVER archive ON PC, a open world/city game wich is OPTIMIZED through and through AND looks better(60 fps on mid-high end system) while the crappy looking gta4 still runs horribly. I dont even want a gta 5 on pc because they gonna eff it up again like they did with gta4, id rather wait for triad wars.. And the game itself is ingenius, the fights and racing gets me pumped up every time, the cutscenes and story is great! Go buy! Expand
  75. Oct 24, 2013
    Solid open world genre game.

Could be better with some side-story DLCs but most of them are just too absurd and there is no link (just like in SR4) to the original story. Like Nightmare in Northpoint. Frankly speaking, only the "Year of Snake" DLC is worth getting if discounted. Something to take note of is the huge amount of cutscenes in the game. Fighting mechanic in this
    Solid open world genre game.

Frankly speaking, only the "Year of Snake" DLC is worth getting if discounted.

Something to take note of is the huge amount of cutscenes in the game.

Fighting mechanic in this game is unprecedented from other open world games right now. Definitely needs more 'moves' to keep it fresh, other than spamming the same keys throughout the game.

Customisation seems a bit too bland and simple, there is little diversity for the character to change between clothes, or for example, car and car paints. Something could be added to it, making it better.

Not to mention, looks of the entire city looks realistic in comparison with today's Hong Kong. Its definitely not one-hundred percent accurate, but believable.

Lastly, the visuals of the game is really great. For example, you can see real lighting, ambient occlusion effect on the wet floors in the game.

Definitely worth getting under a discount, but provided that you love third person open world games of course. If there is a sequel in the future, I would not hesitate to get it.
  76. Oct 9, 2013
    Hong Kong GTA with moves from Arkham. There are many options what to do, but nothing what I wanna do twice. Main story line is great and full of plot twists, additional content from DLCs is more boring than fun (Nightmare in North Point, Year of the Snake). A few extra points for good looking shiny cars. And remember, most chinese magic is based on antifreeze. One of the better sandboxHong Kong GTA with moves from Arkham. There are many options what to do, but nothing what I wanna do twice. Main story line is great and full of plot twists, additional content from DLCs is more boring than fun (Nightmare in North Point, Year of the Snake). A few extra points for good looking shiny cars. And remember, most chinese magic is based on antifreeze. One of the better sandbox games. 75/100 Expand
  77. Sep 17, 2013
    Came out of nowhere to become my favorite game of 2012. Sleeping Dogs draws inspiration from The Departed, Infernal Affairs, classic Hong Kong action films, and martial arts films. It has a good story and runs great (after some driver updates). It's refreshing to see a game not try to do too much for once. Sleeping Dogs mixes the open world of GTA with the combat of the Batman ArkhamCame out of nowhere to become my favorite game of 2012. Sleeping Dogs draws inspiration from The Departed, Infernal Affairs, classic Hong Kong action films, and martial arts films. It has a good story and runs great (after some driver updates). It's refreshing to see a game not try to do too much for once. Sleeping Dogs mixes the open world of GTA with the combat of the Batman Arkham games. Would love to see a sequel or prequel. Expand
  78. Sep 15, 2013
    Forget GTA: Sleeping Dogs has better graphics, better controls, better story and awesome fighting mechanisms. Just got glued for 50 hours, playing nothing else. I'm now considering travelling to Hong Kong to discover this crazy but amazing city!
  79. Sep 13, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs is a fresh take on the GTA genre with an asian theme. True to its Chinese setting, the game focuses much more on melee combat than it does gun-play, with China having some of the strictest gun laws in the world. Excellent mechanics, graphics, characters, world, and most of all, story. The base price is now only 25 bucks so the content is worth the price, but the release priceSleeping Dogs is a fresh take on the GTA genre with an asian theme. True to its Chinese setting, the game focuses much more on melee combat than it does gun-play, with China having some of the strictest gun laws in the world. Excellent mechanics, graphics, characters, world, and most of all, story. The base price is now only 25 bucks so the content is worth the price, but the release price of 50 bucks was overpriced.
    Loses a point for terribly excessive DLC packs. Game companies need to stop cutting so much content from the base game to make DLCs, its not just Square. And also loses a point for lack of depth and content. The game was polished and well detailed, but still lacks the ample amount of world distractions to do that earlier games of this genre used to have.
  80. Sep 13, 2013
    I have all the respect for the people in Square Enix and United Front
    They have taken a genre which is saturated by games of greatly differing qualities, found a niche and made a all round enjoyable game.
    Since Shenmue the autonomous region have not been honored with a game for it self in this manner. This is extraordinarily realistic, and on all acounts lives up to my demands and goes
    I have all the respect for the people in Square Enix and United Front
    This is extraordinarily realistic, and on all acounts lives up to my demands and goes beyond by breaking up the mission mode with side missions and roaming on your own, which the city invites you to do:
    The only drowback I can account for is that you cannot resist purchasing additional downloadable content from the store.
  81. Sep 10, 2013
    A game which is painfully overlooked by the gaming community and is a very slick amalgamation of different genres. It's closest cousin would be Grand Theft Auto, but the Kung Fu element and Honk Kong theme makes this a genre in its own right.

The primary function of the game is the martial arts combat which is flawlessly designed and extremely addictive. It takes a lot from the Batman Arkham series, and hints at film legends such as Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
    There is also a firearms element, which is also very good but does not fit in quite as well as the melee.
    Cars and racing are so well designed that this element feels like a true core racing game, and the radio within each car which plays real hits is well received.
    The setting, Hong Kong, is beautiful on the eye and feels alive, although I would say that it could be a little bigger and have more buildings to go into.
    The story, which is crucial to any game, is very playable and engaging, albeit slightly repetitive at times. This leads me to my biggest gripe; the story length which seems too short for what is otherwise an extremely high quality game.

Truly worth owning for anyone who calls themselves a PC gamer.
  82. Sep 8, 2013
    What a freaking great game. I'm getting impressed with it. The fight system is so cool and hard to manage. Many different situations, things to do, collectibles and missions with a nice and serious plot. If you liked GTA saga, you will like this one too, specially if you love asian culture.
  83. Sep 5, 2013
    I haven't run into any graphical or programming issues at the moment, at the time of writing this review i beaten the game twice, and about 75% if the side activities done.
    Having downloaded the HD Texture skin for the game released by Square Enix really enjoyed it, I was really waiting for something outside the box with this game, I've grown tired of the GTA clones and i half got it.
    Really deep storyline with great storytelling and great atmosphere of the city of Hong Kong and character development, i wished for more girlfriend interaction in the story but no such luck, it seems to me that the girls were put at the last time to satisfy the people hungry for some romance in the mists of all the grim undercover police drama that the game is.

Taking everything into consideration this game is a 9/10 for me.
    Really enjoyed it and loved the story, really good graphics and sound, the controls could've been better but it's on the good side of the pc ports.
  84. Sep 2, 2013
    Świetna gra. Czuć klimat Hong Kongu, gra wciągnęła mnie jak cholera i chyba przez bardzo długi czas nie będę grał w nic innego niż tylko w tą produkcje. Świetna jakość jak i cena. Polecam i życzę miłej gry przy tej wspaniałej produkcji.
  85. Sep 1, 2013
    Sleeping Dogs for 2013 is an old game that i shouldn't be playing, but i caught it on steam summer sales and i couldn't resist to buy it. The First moment i play it was amazingly surprising, the graphics are very good for a game like this one that challenges Grand Theft Auto (Which I Don't Think It's Superior) The Story is really terrific, i thought this would be a cheap Grand Theft AutoSleeping Dogs for 2013 is an old game that i shouldn't be playing, but i caught it on steam summer sales and i couldn't resist to buy it. The First moment i play it was amazingly surprising, the graphics are very good for a game like this one that challenges Grand Theft Auto (Which I Don't Think It's Superior) The Story is really terrific, i thought this would be a cheap Grand Theft Auto IV Game that has nothing special in it but punching people in the street and stealing cars, NO! this game is MUCH MUCH better then that, this is a game that's mind blowing on my opinion, The Story is better then any GTA games, and it really makes me into the game, The way that the story moves is FANTASTIC and the way things change in the end with the police against you is pretty good, BUT, as always, a game can't be all good things, there are negative statements in this game, the most perturbing one is how repetitive the missions are, second of all the game is REALLY but really really EASY. Probably the easiest game i ever played which is really bad. The Third and last bad thing for me is the glitches and the bugs... i got to restart the game once, because i got stuck in a tree and i couldn't get out... I had to begin 3 missions behind. Anyhow im not done with the good things on this game, THE OPEN WORLD IS AMAZINGLY AWESOME, The Number of how many things you can do in the open world is HUGE, It's really hard to get everything in the game and explore all the world in my opinion, The Game has NOTHING stupid and not realistic in it, The Backstory is Amazing, the Mini Games on this game are the Mind Blowing and There is no game on earth of this type that is that good and realistic as this one, Grand Theft Auto was never that realistic the gameplay was NEVER that good, Saints row was always worse because of the huge number of non realistic things in saints row, and now the saints row IV RUINED everything... Anyways this game is awesome i also loved the gameplay and i recommend buying it! Expand
  86. Aug 27, 2013
    Insane driving controls on PC. I gave up on playing, it's no fun when the controls are screwed. Normal movements are very imprecise too. Jump and sprint are on the same key (slow down just before you jump, ok?)

From what I've seen in the first missions, the city is very "plastic". Repulsive and not real at all. The oversaturated colors burn my eyes. Music and sound make me scream. The game is promoted as a sandbox game, but I hit an invisible wall of air again and again.

Money wasted.
  87. Aug 25, 2013
    The game overall was alright for me. The story really pulled me in. With the vibrant setting of Hong Kong and the characters being very emotional and powerful, it drove me to complete the game. While the fighting part of the game play was good and challenging, the free running and shooting aspects weren't as well implemented as they could have been. Also being able to purchase cars andThe game overall was alright for me. The story really pulled me in. With the vibrant setting of Hong Kong and the characters being very emotional and powerful, it drove me to complete the game. While the fighting part of the game play was good and challenging, the free running and shooting aspects weren't as well implemented as they could have been. Also being able to purchase cars and clothing seemed unnecessary. To me there just seemed to be a lot of excess and underdeveloped or unpolished aspects in the game.

Overall I think this was a good game and enjoyed playing it. If I was a consumer looking to play this I'd recommend borrowing or renting it first.
  88. Aug 25, 2013
    wow what a great new refreshing experience this game offers the amazing story fun and great gameplay and outstanding soundtrack this game is just masterpiece
  89. Aug 24, 2013
    If you want a good open world game other than GTA or SR then you should give Sleeping Dogs a go. The unarmed combat is wonderful and quite smooth which makes fly kicking the brain dead AI a breeze. There are firearms you can use from time to time but the game emphasizes unarmed combat in a majority of the missions. The vehicles in game are very easy to handle and there is good variety ifIf you want a good open world game other than GTA or SR then you should give Sleeping Dogs a go. The unarmed combat is wonderful and quite smooth which makes fly kicking the brain dead AI a breeze. There are firearms you can use from time to time but the game emphasizes unarmed combat in a majority of the missions. The vehicles in game are very easy to handle and there is good variety if you aim to collect them all. You can dress up the main character with clothes purchased from the many clothing shops in game. There are also food stalls and small supermarkets to regenerate your health to full and get certain perks to aid your fighting depending on what you eat/drink. Hong Kong has been very well made. It has a certain atmosphere that no other game in the past few years has been able to replicate. The graphics are great too if that's your thing. However the meat of the game (story) lacks fun and variety and the dry characters make it worse. There are the side missions which can keep you busy but do lack variety. SD is a pretty good open world game but it is no where near perfect which the shoddy PC version doesn't help. If you want a cheap but playable game then Sleeping Dogs is a game you should consider. Expand
  90. Aug 23, 2013
    This is simply a good enough game for me to give a TEN. Its graphic is good. Music is good when in vehicle. They even have tracks from Ninja Tune being randomly played. What a good taste!
  91. Aug 21, 2013
    Born from a sullied and worthless lineage: the completely forgettable True Crime series, Sleeping dogs is yet another Sandbox GTA clone. But with clever writing, a memorable locale of Hong Kong, vibrant and terrifying characters and a soundtrack that may be the best in the GTA style games since the very first 3d GTA... Sleeping Dogs is greater than the sum of all it's parts.

Be wary of

Be wary of the DLC, but most of the mission packs are worth it, especially the brief but awesome 'Zodiac Island'.

While it is a little buggy, lacks the depth of some of the other sandbox games (when it's over, it's over), I still give it my Highest Possible Recommendation.
  92. Aug 18, 2013
    The Pros:
    -Better storyline than other sandbox games (just cause 2, gta IV)
    -Interesting melee combat implementation keeps the melee fights from getting boring (at least until you realize that all you have to do is hit the counter button whenever you get attacked to win every fight) -There are lots of side missions to keep yourself busy The Cons: -Most of the time it just isn't as
    The Pros:
    -Better storyline than other sandbox games (just cause 2, gta IV)
    -There are lots of side missions to keep yourself busy

The Cons:
    -Most of the time it just isn't as fun as other games of the genre (GTA III: San Andreas, Saints Row III)
    -The game can't decide if it's trying to be realistic or not. Wei Shen is often able to melee fight 20 people at once or get into a gun fight with 20-30 people and he's always fine. I found that this broke the immersion a bit for me, and if I wanted to break immersion I would play Saints Row or Just Cause because at least you can do cool stunts.
    -Most of the side missions are repetitive and boring.
    -Controls are annoying (and can't be changed very much in the options menu), but it doesn't ruin the experience.

On the whole I think this game was a decent way to spend 15 hours or so. I wouldn't pay full price for it though. Try to pick it up on sale for less than $10 and you won't be disappointed.
  93. Aug 10, 2013
    I put off buying this game for a long time because a few reviews mentioned a dodgy physics engine and a buggy release.

I could not believe the consistent quality throughout the game. The engine is smooth and physics modelling seemed fine. The story is far more believable than the "trying hard to be wacky and outrageous" GTA plots and the voice acting consistently excellent. There

There are lots of side missions and a couple of stories run alongside the main thread.

Combat is mainly hand to hand, but there are many times that guns are used.

I was impressed by every aspect of the game and recommend it unreservedly.
  94. Aug 9, 2013
    Definitely worth picking up if you are into the whole sandbox GTA style games. The camera and controls aren't the best, but still playable especially if you use a controller. The story is very good but seems implausible. The main focus of the game is the melee combat which is executed perfectly, but suffers from monotony and repetition. I found the driving aspect of it to be veryDefinitely worth picking up if you are into the whole sandbox GTA style games. The camera and controls aren't the best, but still playable especially if you use a controller. The story is very good but seems implausible. The main focus of the game is the melee combat which is executed perfectly, but suffers from monotony and repetition. I found the driving aspect of it to be very difficult to control and it annoyed me to the point that I just took the taxi to every location. The overall game is very brutal which went perfect with the story and atmosphere of the game.

Not the best, but not the worst.
  95. Aug 7, 2013
    This game is just fun to play and experience. You control a character ,Wei Shen, that is likable as your cop delves deeper into the local Hong Kong Triads and the story moves along nicely. Graphics are nice enough with the enhanced texture pack for the P.C. G.T.A series would be a comparison for this game in style. The negatives in this game is hand to hand combat is kind of limited andThis game is just fun to play and experience. You control a character ,Wei Shen, that is likable as your cop delves deeper into the local Hong Kong Triads and the story moves along nicely. Graphics are nice enough with the enhanced texture pack for the P.C. G.T.A series would be a comparison for this game in style. The negatives in this game is hand to hand combat is kind of limited and does not lend well to keyboard/mouse but to be frank who needs to fight when you can get into a car and drive over those thugs in the street anyhow? The other draw back is gun combat is a bit clunky as well. There were a few bugs from time to time such as not buying food from a vendor despite pressing to do so but they were pretty minor and in some cases amusing and did not stop the missions from happening.
    Happily the positives abound and the game is fun, there are various sub missions to do in addition to the main story line and it is a focused entertaining plot. For the O.C.D there are hidden statues and lock boxes to be found, as well as clothing. An experience system for Triad and Cop help give you new combat abilities but the plot is fairly linear but to be frank it is entertaining getting to it. Fast cars, street racing, back alley fist fights, cop missions and criminal heist missions and a sense of humour make this game an entertaining Hong Kong action theater. There's even Karaoke to do!
  96. AWG
    Aug 5, 2013
    Wow. What a game. Stunning graphics, interesting story and characters, lots of side-missions, many different mini-games, a great-but-not-dispersive open world... this game would be perfect if it wasn't for the glitches (I had to restart three missions because of bugs).
    To this day the User Score is 8.2 and the Metascore is 81: I'm happy to see such praise consistency because this game deserves it all.
  97. Aug 4, 2013
    An open world game done right. The missions are challenging without being frustrating, the various collectables and optional sidequests give you plenty to do without feeling overwhelming, and the city is well realised giving the game a great sense of atmosphere, helped by the stunning visuals. The characters fit well enough within the confines of a fairly run of the mill story, which doesAn open world game done right. The missions are challenging without being frustrating, the various collectables and optional sidequests give you plenty to do without feeling overwhelming, and the city is well realised giving the game a great sense of atmosphere, helped by the stunning visuals. The characters fit well enough within the confines of a fairly run of the mill story, which does carry you to the end of the game. It does have a number of technical issues, however, so prepare to restart the odd mission from time to time. Expand
  98. Aug 4, 2013
    One of the best sandbox games I have ever played, GTA is nothing compared to this. This game actually has a good story, good action, good vehicle play and loads of content! Highly recommended! 9/10!
  99. Aug 3, 2013
    Shenmue Grand Theft Auto? YES PLEASE!
    Shenmue Grand Theft Auto? YES PLEASE!
    Fans of either genre of games will be pleasantly surprised by this title. The combination of third person beat-em-up/martial arts games and the open world fun and randomness of a Grand Theft Auto type game is a sure winner here! And for an added bonus the story is well-crafted, involved and interesting. Voice acting is superb and the attention to detail culture-wise is nothing less than impressive! Can't lose with Sleeping Dogs.
  100. Jul 24, 2013
    Sleeping Dog nous offre une magnifique ballade dans les rues d'Hong Kong, et une vue sur les Triades chinoises. Ce qui nous changent un peu d'horizon avec GTA, les fondamentaux restent les mêmes. Seul petit truc Shen, ne règle que très rarement ces problèmes avec des flingues mais plutôt ces poings. Si on est amateur de flingue on reste un peu sur notre fin, mais le changement est pas mal.Sleeping Dog nous offre une magnifique ballade dans les rues d'Hong Kong, et une vue sur les Triades chinoises. Ce qui nous changent un peu d'horizon avec GTA, les fondamentaux restent les mêmes. Seul petit truc Shen, ne règle que très rarement ces problèmes avec des flingues mais plutôt ces poings. Si on est amateur de flingue on reste un peu sur notre fin, mais le changement est pas mal. Le scénario tiens la route, mais mériterais d'être un peu enrichit. Le sang coule flot. Et c'est un plaisir de voler des caisses tout en conduisant !
    Les hics maintenant, la caméra, peu fluide, on se prend un mur car elle a bougé ailleurs, bref ça fait tâche dans le gameplay. Le côté répétitif des missions annexe. Manque de fluidité parfois. Le contrôle de voiture qui laisse un peu désirer.
    Bref Sleeping Dog peut être un bon concurrent GTA si il corrige ses quelques bugs qui gâchent le gameplay et donne plus de piments au scénario et aux missions annexes
  101. Aug 14, 2012
    Disappointing to me, I think Grand Theft Auto, Just Cause and Saint's row are all more accomplished in this particular Genre. This game IS well optimised for PC, however it seems like the whole design is out of date, the gun play is adequate, the story is not boring, but not really interesting enough to get into. Driving is decent enough to not moan about it, but there is no WOW factor.Disappointing to me, I think Grand Theft Auto, Just Cause and Saint's row are all more accomplished in this particular Genre. This game IS well optimised for PC, however it seems like the whole design is out of date, the gun play is adequate, the story is not boring, but not really interesting enough to get into. Driving is decent enough to not moan about it, but there is no WOW factor. Overall -Average Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Unlike the previous ‘True Crime’ games, where there was a strict depiction of the city maps, Sleeping Dogs does not portray Hong Kong, inch by inch. United Front Games has implemented GTA’s novelties in way that winks slyly at Rockstar. In essence, what the GTA series has accomplished, Sleeping Dogs has carried out better and more elegantly. [October 2012]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    A solid GTA clone that ticks all the boxes but forgets to add the magic ingredient of improvisation. [Oct 2012, p.77]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 10, 2012
    City action in an Asian style casts a fresh wind to the sandbox game genre, with attractive worlds full of details, great battle mechanics and cool free-run sections. [Sept 2012]