6.9

1. Jul 5, 2014
    Feels like a downgrade over Sniper Elite V2. Graphics got some overhaul and that's it. The gameplay is still great, but it's exactly the same game.

Level design are much worse. It's always the same kind of environment, and they give you a big area with a few houses and sniping tower. There's no concept of events in a mission except some more enemies spawning. The "Pont Du Fahs Airfield" was missing checkpoints, very bad design. The ending is very abrupt and not satisfying.

I saw quite often enemy bodies flying in the air. One time I encountered an enemy in a ladder and he just went through me without even noticing me (no alarm). One time the objective marker did not even appear and I had to reload from last checkpoint to see it.

Then the DLC **** 2 out of 5 guns (the best ones) in every categories are only available through DLC. If you don't have them you won't be able to play with them, and if you have you'll feel overpowered.
  2. Jul 9, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    Sniper Elite III is set several years prior to the events of Sniper Elite V2, following the exploits of Office of Strategic Services officer Karl Fairburne as he participates in the North African conflict during World War II, in which he learns of a secret wonder weapon programmed by the Nazi forces. Just like in V2, the story here is boring and uninteresting, and our protagonist is the same generic American hero from the 1st. Honestly, I could just paste my V2 review of the story here and no one would notice because of how bad both game's narratives are. 2/10

Gameplay:
    Everything returns from the 2nd game along with a few tweaks added. The awesome bullet-cam, smart A.I., hidden collectibles, good level design, and improved customization are here along with a weapon wheel, and a progressional system that applies to both single player and multiplayer. There are 8 missions in total, and each one will take around 20+ minutes if you take your time with each of them. Unfortunately, the bad combat also returns with the cross-hair still being a pain to use when spotted. In conclusion, the gameplay here is largely unchanged from the 2nd game. 6/10

Graphics:
    The biggest change/improvement this game has is in its graphics department. The setting of Africa is a more interesting setting for the game than the generic Berlin setting in the 2nd game. Because of this, the colors and world design had to match the setting. There's more vibrant colors here than in the 2nd, the textures are better here, the particle effects are improved, and the facial models look more updated. So be happy you'll have a prettier game to look at when you're sniping some poor guy's testicles off. 9/10

Sound:
    As with the 2nd game, the sound design is great with the sniper shots sounding excellent and realistic. The score also does a good job with sound ques when you get spotted. Everything else also sounds good. The sound here is essentially the same as with the 2nd. 8/10

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer is the same as in the 2nd game just with less buildings in some of the maps. Since you can use your single player loadouts in the multiplayer, that allows for more customization than in the 2nd. Everything else however, feels like the 2nd game all over again. 6/10

Verdict:
    If you enjoyed V2, get this game. If you hated V2, skip this game. If you haven't played V2, I'll say get this at around $30 or lower. It's essentially Sniper Elite V2, but with more replay value. If you want more info on how this game is, just go to my profile, and look for my V2 review as this game feels a lot like the 2nd, just slightly improved.

Rating: 6/10
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    Tried to be innovative. Failed big time for gameplay. Pointless multiplayer, auto frigin aim, unrealistic ballistics, 3rd person camera for an fps game, terrible movement controls, camping campers camping campers camping campers and more camping. Play if you like camping. not to mention gay as hell dlc's.

it's definitely better than v2 and had a great potential and i i'd say the

it's definitely better than v2 and had a great potential and i i'd say the developers kinda tried to put good effort on this game but in the end, it still doesn't worth your time. Play singleplayer for 5 hours and forget about this game, it's that average of a game.

Gfx, sounds, game engine etc. are just ok.

5/10.
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    i have this at a solid 6.5. not noticed much performance issues as yet even though i have a solid but increasingly dated rig. the AI is unfortunately not as intelligent as i would like it to be. if your play style is to run-and-gun like most other fps shooters you will notice the deficiencies pretty quickly. but playing on the higher difficulties (elite and authentic) and playing a morei have this at a solid 6.5. not noticed much performance issues as yet even though i have a solid but increasingly dated rig. the AI is unfortunately not as intelligent as i would like it to be. if your play style is to run-and-gun like most other fps shooters you will notice the deficiencies pretty quickly. but playing on the higher difficulties (elite and authentic) and playing a more measured, stealthy-sniping style, the AI problem isn't that great or noticeable. i have generally found the game fun and engaging. the ability to limit or turn off slow-mo kill cam is appreciated. Expand
  5. Jul 5, 2014
    nice game , plays a lot like Splinter Cell, Good atmosphere, big maps, weapons are limited and the many bugs and the idiotic enemies makes for a pretty big let down however this game is pretty awesome
  6. Jun 28, 2014
    Game wobbling between way too easy and extremely difficult.
    At most settings; this game is a breeze to play - red indicator where to aim and then just shoot everything with little fear.
    Game wobbling between way too easy and extremely difficult.
    Only the most realistic settings removes that "aim cheat" - but that removes all HUD - this game surely lack somewhere in between for those of us who don't want to loose the mini-map but still would like to avoid the aim help.

Oh well, outside this - the game is average-ish.

The maps are too small, too narrow and tunnels you in specific directions into positions where you can snipe almost with impunity. The AI is dumb, very dumb and although they somewhat react to dead comrades, they seem to be deaf and blind in most all other aspects. Nobody seems to react to an exploding trunk just 100m over, so unless the enemy is in the same "pack" as the ones tied to the truck area, they'll not react.
    And you can either stealth-takedown or shoot with your very quiet silenced gun as well without much reaction, crawl and prone movement is way too quiet and you can often move through line of sight of the enemy if you're just crawling.

A good number of 'secondary' objectives and the 'levelling' is okay, but when the main gameplay lacks, it just feels tacked on.

You have a number of weapons so you can "deal with situations in many ways"; but well - when the AI is as it is - there's rarely any need.
    Customization and loadout rarely seems to make much of a difference either, and it seems very much like a missed oppertunity.

The game looks good though - not as great a some other - but it's good enough, although the desert gets dull fast.

Only get it if you like sniping and want to play this game on easy-mode or very frustrating-mode
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    I enjoyed the game quite a bit. I would say it is a great sequel in regards that it improves the good aspects of the previous game and fixes some of the bad aspects. Sadly the game is not all that great, I mean it is worth every penny but little more but the graphics, detail and setting are really good though. I will try tu sum up the good and bad things bellow in a simple manner.
    CONS:
    CONS:
    The story is really forgetable, the gameplay gets repetitive and the game is shamefully short
    PROS:
    the setting of the game is beautifull, the bullet cam is fun, the stealth gameplay is really good ( but gets repetitive), the graphics are grat, the performance of the game was good, the voice actors were good.

Overall I would say the game is good but not amazing, for WWII fans the score may rise a point or two because we have never fought in the african conflict before.
  8. Jun 28, 2014
    After an enjoyable romp through Sniper Elite V2 we now have Sniper Elite 3. A good game. An improved product. levels are bigger and more interesting. Game play is less linear and gives the player far more sense of control. It's visually beautiful. Shooting compute based enemies in the nuts never gets old. Despite that I have to shave some score points of as a protest at the pricing of theAfter an enjoyable romp through Sniper Elite V2 we now have Sniper Elite 3. A good game. An improved product. levels are bigger and more interesting. Game play is less linear and gives the player far more sense of control. It's visually beautiful. Shooting compute based enemies in the nuts never gets old. Despite that I have to shave some score points of as a protest at the pricing of the day 1 DLC. $10 to get Hitler. $10 to open up a couple of different characters. Pretty rich for day 1. The game has a great engine. It makes sense then to wait a while and offer expansion-sized DLC, with new maps that EXPAND the core game. Instead Rebellion went down the path of cutting out core content to be resold with the rort of being a 'pre-order bonus'. It's a putrid idea and it is pretty silly to be doing that right in the middle of the Steam summer sale.

Orctowngrot
  9. Jun 29, 2014
    Initially a 5 - but now a 7 after some considerable time playing it.
    Yes the theme is annoyingly familiar. Yes the bullet cam is still there in bucketloads - which is kind of boring after a while (just space key out of it problem solved, but you don't see the guy drop at the end of it).
    Initially a 5 - but now a 7 after some considerable time playing it.
    The campaign is set around the time of Monty's Desert Rats (and the Desert Rats are still operational even to this day), only with very little mention of Monty, or his Rats, and more of Rommel and the Afrika Korps. It's definitely stuck to the theme as the title's logo would suggest (no, not the Eagle logo, but the actual palm tree logo - which is the actual logo for the Afrika Korps would you believe.
    This game doesn't 'wobble' between easy and difficult, or at least I didn't think so. This is a variation on Splinter Cell, it's much less modern, very little spying involved - although gathering intelligence does make it into the gameplay in it's very basic form - just picking up papers or blueprints. It's not a bad game, the music may drive you potty, I don't really like the gurgling noise that you get from a lot of the bullet cam kills, and at times the game can be tricky as hell - also more than once I've found myself getting shot through some walls, which is probably more down to bad mesh work than actual game play - although it would put the mesh work in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms to shame - so it's not THAT bad.
    It's a good effort, and it's nice to see they actually managed to mix it up a bit with day and night missions. It's only as short as you make it, and if you think it is short, I really do recommend playing on the authentic setting.
    Be prepared to refer to a map regularly in some cases (especially in the second mission - you'll run round in circles otherwise), and get a little pissed at the rare getting shot at through walls. It's still a decent attempt.
    It would be nice for Rebellion to release games in their entirety though - rather than charging ridiculous sums for little bits and pieces - which I simply won't buy no matter how good a game is.

Not a bad effort overall.
  10. Aug 28, 2014
    boring , boring , boring , boring , did i say boring ? well ... BORING ! that's all for now . but BORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING ! xD
  11. Jun 28, 2014
    I enjoyed the game overall But i does get repetitive at times. At the beginning of the game i had to kill spotters and their was one on top of a cliff And no matter how hard i tried I just Could Not Hit him. But what i love is the sound masking It was in the other games but In this you can Sabotage Generators and other things like that and make them make Loud noises, and when that loudI enjoyed the game overall But i does get repetitive at times. At the beginning of the game i had to kill spotters and their was one on top of a cliff And no matter how hard i tried I just Could Not Hit him. But what i love is the sound masking It was in the other games but In this you can Sabotage Generators and other things like that and make them make Loud noises, and when that loud noise comes That's when you can Shoot your sniper although I wish that the Generators and Stuff would make More noise And for a longer duration But that's alright. overall i would recommend this game I would wait for a sale however Even though its already 40 dollars. I enjoyed it Expand
  12. Jul 19, 2014
    The game is nice if you just want to sneak and kill Nazis, however it gets a little old rather fast, Gives little to no story beyond "Must kill Vahlen" even if you include the obligatory "German soldiers also have families" diaries spread around. The setting still feels so unexploited as if an entire arc was cut from the game to keep the attention away to mister sniper and his veryThe game is nice if you just want to sneak and kill Nazis, however it gets a little old rather fast, Gives little to no story beyond "Must kill Vahlen" even if you include the obligatory "German soldiers also have families" diaries spread around. The setting still feels so unexploited as if an entire arc was cut from the game to keep the attention away to mister sniper and his very uninteresting personality that doesn't seem to know whether to stick to the "grizzled veteran" archetype or not. Beyond that 2 major nuisances kept popping up. One is whether or not the Germans keep talking German. When the antagonist is taunting i can understand the English. but in a "Eavesdrop" cut-scene the Germans talk English again despite never talking English later or during combat. Make up your mind! The last nuisance where the "Mini-boss" battles where a tank suddenly arrives in the map and you MUST destroy it, which can be annoying and a pace-breaker. after the second it stopped being fun/sudden. In overall the game had plenty of room to move, but didn't. resulting in a bit of a dissapointment....Oh yeah and there is the kill-cam that gets boring fast and so forth. Expand
  13. Feb 27, 2015
    Good game, if you really enjoyed sniper elite 2 then you will definitly enjoy this. I keep coming back to redo missions cause the xray shots are just so fun to look at. Gotta agree that there is a couple missions too many with silenced pistol. These maps I found boring and tried using the sniper rifle but it makes the game extremely hard because enemies keep respawning.
  14. Jul 12, 2014
    I love the whole bullet thing. I give this game 6 over that. Once you have done the bullet thing though, the game gets stale. Better than most, lacks a lot too. Something Different which should be explored to IV.
  15. Jan 13, 2015
    To be honest it's quite a mess compared to the original and the second one. It just feels less polished and rushed. Some times you will sneak up on an enemy and the stealth kill won't pop up and you are forced to shoot them, some times the hit detection is off even though you have the cross hairs right over the enemy, some times you shoot them in the face and they recoil but don't die.To be honest it's quite a mess compared to the original and the second one. It just feels less polished and rushed. Some times you will sneak up on an enemy and the stealth kill won't pop up and you are forced to shoot them, some times the hit detection is off even though you have the cross hairs right over the enemy, some times you shoot them in the face and they recoil but don't die. Some of the missions are monotonous like the third one with the tank you have to shoot in the same spot 3 times... It has it's fun moments but it's just too buggy and the day one DLC is ridiculous. The visuals are nice and i like the controls but they really should have polished it up more. I hope the next one is better. Expand
  16. Jul 21, 2014
    So I have been playing Sniper Elite III for a few days now, and I have a few things to say about it: Overall, it's very fun, the stealth mechanics make the game more interesting, it gives you a challenge. You're constantly having to manage where is and where isn't a safe place to shoot from. I recommend you play this game on Elite enemy difficulty and limited ballistics, it's only onSo I have been playing Sniper Elite III for a few days now, and I have a few things to say about it: Overall, it's very fun, the stealth mechanics make the game more interesting, it gives you a challenge. You're constantly having to manage where is and where isn't a safe place to shoot from. I recommend you play this game on Elite enemy difficulty and limited ballistics, it's only on elite that the enemies would function like a real soldier would when a sniper is around, when they know your location, they will actively sweep the area around you in a sequence, making it much more enjoyable to pick them off one by one while relocating around the map. The reason I only recommend limited ballistics is because it adds that extra level of immersion and it's still easy to use. Playing on the highest ballistic level makes it a bit too difficult, the wind seems to be blowing at 100 mph 24/7 on that difficulty, and it's near impossible to pull off a successful hit without steadying your aim. The game also only has 8 missions, they're all about an hour long and have plenty of different ways to go about them. Oh, and I have noticed a few bugs here and there, most of which are not game breaking in any way except one. Every now and then, there's a bug where your weapons won't damage enemies, it's very annoying, but easily fixable, just reload your last save, luckily it only occurs right after you save, so you won't have to work your way back to where you were. If it happens, just quicksave and reload, problem solved(I have only noticed this bug in story mode). The game does have some replablility for the completionist gamers. There are many collectibles scattered around every map containing various things like important information, letters from soldiers, etc. As well as the story, there's also a multiplayer and a survival mode. I played a bit of both and they both seem very fun. Survival mode is the traditional horde mode, where you defend against wave after wave of enemies, and I will say, it's pretty tricky. It takes some serious skill to complete survival mode, so it can keep you busy for awhile if that's your thing. The multiplayer seemed very fun as well. The maps are well designed for sniping and there can be some pretty intense counter-sniping battles to be had. I think this game deserves at least a 7. It is very fun and I do recommend it, but the fact that there are still a few bugs present, and there's only eight missions, makes it fall lower on my ranking as a whole. Expand
  17. Sep 4, 2014
    Can't quickscope, but the fish AI is incredibly well augmented and excecuted.
    Basically sniper v2 in africa, in a sense nothing mush has changed, hopefully the franchise will not become the next call of duty.
    Overall 5/10 decent gameplay.
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    The game is is filled with awesome moments you can create for yourself by either doing that hype x-ray **** which is friggin' awesome or you can have the "pro" feel by killing people while they don't even see you in multiplayer. This game does not frown upon camping... only using sprint (Lmao) Which brings me to the miltiplayer section of the review first (That's a new one). TheThe game is is filled with awesome moments you can create for yourself by either doing that hype x-ray **** which is friggin' awesome or you can have the "pro" feel by killing people while they don't even see you in multiplayer. This game does not frown upon camping... only using sprint (Lmao) Which brings me to the miltiplayer section of the review first (That's a new one). The multiplayer is just basically what you have in the game EXCEPT it has no x-ray kills which makes it like any other third person shooter (it still has the slow-motion bullet coming out of your rifle thing).
    Now for the singleplayer. The gameplay is fun, you got your stealth and stuff which is pretty simple, now for the story. To be honest I found the story really- well, boring. I just didn't care about the story at all. I was to busy in stealth and killing people that I forgot that it had a story (I just remembered when I was writing this review). I think this is the reason I rated it 7/10.

Friendly Advice for reviewers: Don't rate a game zero just because it has day one DLC, if you can't help it then just stop writing reviews because it just wastes people's time.
  19. Apr 17, 2015
    The game's pretty interesting with how the developer's tried to refine bullet physics, which I don't think any other game series has done before. However, the game's entire appeal is a sense of realism. And all that goes out the **** window when the enemies aren't hindered by getting shot anywhere there isn't a vital organ. I swear to god, I shot somebody in their foot, and when they gaveThe game's pretty interesting with how the developer's tried to refine bullet physics, which I don't think any other game series has done before. However, the game's entire appeal is a sense of realism. And all that goes out the **** window when the enemies aren't hindered by getting shot anywhere there isn't a vital organ. I swear to god, I shot somebody in their foot, and when they gave up looking for me, he was walking around like all the other AI. It would make the game so much better if when you were using your rifle, all the AI would either die or become incapacitated in one shot. You might say that's unfair, or too easy, but I also think the player should die in one to two shots. Expand

1. Aug 27, 2014
    Sniper Elite 3 is hardly worth it, but at least it’s nice to see that the series is changing its course.
    A solid action game, focused on stealth, larger maps and picking enemies from a distance. The game has its weak spots but in overall, plays refreshingly. [Issue#244]
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    Once again Rebellion did not step outside the familiar, comfortable zone of games that are interesting but not outstanding. [08/2014, p.60]