Sniper Elite V2 PC

6.7

1. May 2, 2012
    The graphics are great, shooting mechanics is solid, pretty good sound. The game will intermittently send you in shooting where your shooting prowess will determine your victory. This is the kind of game where you need lots of patience, but the game is stealth shooter.
  2. Feb 23, 2014
    I could hardly be more satisfied with this game. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters but decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it. The way Sniper Elite is designed, with stealthy and tactical elements, it's perfect with a third person view and the ability to look around corners etc without peeking out. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, very realistic.I could hardly be more satisfied with this game. I'm generally not a fan of third person shooters but decided to give it a shot and boy was it worth it. The way Sniper Elite is designed, with stealthy and tactical elements, it's perfect with a third person view and the ability to look around corners etc without peeking out. The graphics are great as far as I'm concerned, very realistic. The audio is pretty good too - the only thing I could complain about is that the 360 angle isn't always that perfect, having been spoiled with games where I can tell precisely by sound from where the enemy is coming, sometimes it isn't as accurate in this game which can be a little annoying.

The plot and the actual gameplay are overall good. I like the fact that even me (who is rather good at online FPS games but usually sucks at single player ones) can easily jump into the action by choosing the beginners mode called cadet mode. The controls are very straightforward and well explained during the first mission. The gameplay is a mix of sneaking or crawling around and taking out enemies silently with your pistol and sniper rifle, and also during some parts you will be engaged in more close combat and forced to take out your machine gun and go rambo. The games has it's ups and downs of course and some sections are a little boring but at times I truly feel like a sniper during WWII and the bullet cam/x ray cam really adds to this sensation. Nothing beats peeking out only to deliver a fatal headshot from hundreds of meters away and then see the Nazi's brain being all splattered.

The only actual problem with the game that I have is the limited amount of secondary weapons/ammunition. I mean the things you start out with, a silenced pistol which is great at close range but sucks even at short distances and a machine gun that has very little ammo and is certain to gather the enemies attention isn't very useful. More often than not I find myself having to rely on my sniper rifle, even in close quarter combat where I have to bring out my noscope/quickscoping skills. But hey this is something I can overlook as I love using the rifle anyways.

If you want constant action and think it is boring to slowly crawl on the ground while infiltrating a base or spending a few minutes scouting the surroundings with your binocular to find where the enemies are located, then it may not be for you. But if you are looking for realism and having to think before you act rather than just go crazy with heavy artillery then it is certainly something you should try out.
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    I think this game is better than the average score but then I love WW2 settings and I love snipers. Combat is fun, feels good and responsive. My score is for the single player game only! I haven't played CO-OP or online multiplayer.
  4. Dec 20, 2013
    definitivamente o melhor jogo de franco-atiradores e o trabalho mais bem feito da Rebellion. Vale a pena comprá-lo, a ambientação sensacional e apesar de ser difícil se acostumar com a jogabilidade (troca de armas, precisão, etc), você pega o jeito logo na segunda fase. Eu gostaria de um pouco mais de "stealth" e espionagem, por isso darei apenas 8 pontos.
  5. Jan 2, 2015
    Good graphics, excellent game mechanics, good AI, clear game rules. This game requires from the player to think and plan first and only then shoot. WW2
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    Steam had it free so I picked it up.

I wasn't expecting much, but it it's a fine WW2 shooter. The sniper missions are interspersed with parts of machine gun action, so it feels like a single player one man hero. I prefer first person perspective for many reasons. The weakness of third person shows up in this. That's running and turning is tricky. Zooming in changes rotation speed.
    Steam had it free so I picked it up.

I prefer first person perspective for many reasons. The weakness of third person shows up in this. That's running and turning is tricky. Zooming in changes rotation speed. Those kind of mechanical functions that feel a little off. However when you zoom on an enemy it goes into first person, and the mix gives it that something else.

I simply can't rate it low when I got it free. I had plenty of great moments in my first time through, and will re-run it sometime. Maybe when I have a more powerful GPU, I will re-play. On max settings this looks good and is thirsty for graphics hardware: even a GTX660 will struggle under 25fps. Maybe if I can work out how to run DX10, or 9, instead of DX11, I may squeeze a few more frames out.

I don't know what it is about sniper shooting that I like so much. Maybe it's getting the enemies down without being too close to the heat. Whatever it is, you get your stealth and slow-mo shots in this game. For me, I never got bored of that, and wished it was longer.
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    I rarely write reviews here. In fact this may be my first PC game review, but I was surprised by the amount of negative and mixed reviews this game got and felt the need to add my two cents. I am an amateur WWII historian so my opinion may be biased when it comes to games based in this era, but it also means I'm a good judge of historical accuracy in WWII games and I must say, this gameI rarely write reviews here. In fact this may be my first PC game review, but I was surprised by the amount of negative and mixed reviews this game got and felt the need to add my two cents. I am an amateur WWII historian so my opinion may be biased when it comes to games based in this era, but it also means I'm a good judge of historical accuracy in WWII games and I must say, this game got a lot more things right than it did wrong.

I've seen comments about it being an 'arcade shooter' and while I can't disagree with that completely, there is a lot more here than 'a basic shooter'. The main draws are the bullet physics and Kill Cam, and Rebellion got both of those right. I'm not sure if some of these people were playing it on easy mode, but if you turn the difficulty up to Sniper Elite (you can even define custom difficulty levels) the physics and AI become brutally unforgiving. I loved that part of it because I enjoy games that are hard to beat. Some people don't. But those people needed to specify what difficulty they were using when they said how easy it was. There's a strong multiplayer and co-op component and the achievements and in-game challenges add a ton of replay to this too. The story is good and, yes, it is very plausible. It takes place during the last days of the Third Reich when the Iron Curtain began to come down in eastern Europe. The enemies you fight are mostly Nazis, but the missions and even some levels focus on the Russians and their involvement with the Nazis after the fall of Berlin. Specifically the story is about the US trying to get to Hitler's 'Wonder Weapons' before the Russians do and that all happened in reality. Granted there wasn't some lone wolf sniper collecting everything and killing everyone for the US government, but everything else is quite accurate in historical context.

Anyway, those are my thought. If you like FPS action games you will like this. If you like WWII-era games you will probably like this. Wait for it to go on sale for $10 and buy it, or better yet buy the bundle with the DLC. The DLCs add a ton of replay to a game that already had a lot of replay potential.
  8. Jan 30, 2015
    A criminally underrated game in my opinion, this game is an under appreciated classic.

Pros: Unlike a lot of "realistic" shooters nowadays such as Battlefield and Medal of Honor, this game actually has a decent story! It is set near the end of World War 2, an American Sniper named Karl Fairburne is set out to prevent a nuclear disaster (avoiding as many spoilers as I can). The visuals

Pros:
    The visuals are awesome, but slightly bland. In some levels, the lighting effects are absolutely gorgeous and the same goes for the shadows. I really felt like it immersed me in the game and really fit the tone perfectly.
    The sniping is heavenly awesome. On harder difficulties, you have to fight against wind movement, forcing you to perfectly align your shots. When you get a kill, it feels really satisfying and rewards you with a breathtaking, yet gruesome kill-cam which shows you where you hit your target.
    The narration is perfect. Whether it be during cutscenes in between missions or in the mission briefing, it is well acted and swiftly progresses the story forward.

Cons:
    There is a multiplayer, but it isn't even worth mentioning. From my experience, it is horrible. I don't think that the gameplay style of Sniper Elite v2 fits a multiplayer atmosphere.

Overall, I think that Sniper Elite V2 is a fantastic WW2 shooter and it really immersed me from the beginning. Multiplayer is horrible though. Maybe its better in Sniper Elite 3.

9. Jun 6, 2014
  10. Jun 29, 2014
    This game was very relaxing for me ( i played on cadet :)) ) so it was just going trough scenario without much challenge. And I find it satisfactory. I love to kill Nazis, in fact here you kill both Nazis and Russians together witch is interesting. I never killed them together as I recall. Those two factions ( nations) are in last 5 years game industry biggest body count as i can tell (This game was very relaxing for me ( i played on cadet :)) ) so it was just going trough scenario without much challenge. And I find it satisfactory. I love to kill Nazis, in fact here you kill both Nazis and Russians together witch is interesting. I never killed them together as I recall. Those two factions ( nations) are in last 5 years game industry biggest body count as i can tell ( Nazis and Russians ultra nationalists are doomed in games :)) ( not fair but , man got to used to )
    Game it self is solid , especially because i played it after Sniper ghost warrior 2.
    Scenery of devastated battlefield brings authentic atmosphere, and the sounds of surrounding war are also good.
    Graphics on max are good, I enjoy it i visual terms.
    Game is pretty linear but exchanging fire with other snipers on the battlefield is superb.
    Kill cam is great. Gadgets that you carry gives you ways to improvise which is good and fun. Maybe combat in small spaces is a little clunky, i didn't like it.
    All in all to those who love to snipe and WWII games has my recommendation
  11. May 4, 2012
    Stellar game. On mission three and as a fan of the first this did not disappoint! Bullet cams are why I play. I plan to play this for a while as I enjoy drawn out games.
  12. May 4, 2012
    I really like this game. officially I am more with Serious Sam like games and I thought this game was not good. But when I played the demo I just could not pull myself away from it and purchased the game. Great Realistic game!
  13. Jun 10, 2013
    This game gives the player a sense of control of the game itself. I love the sniper's choice effect and the slow motion x-ray effects are incredible.
  14. May 1, 2012
    This is a very fun game. Great graphics, great lighting, awesome x-rays, all-out awesome game. It's very satisfying watching the x-ray kills every time it happens. This is definitely the kind of game where you need lots of patience if you're going to play on the higher difficulties because of the bullet ballistics which, in fact, are really well done. The only problem I have with this gameThis is a very fun game. Great graphics, great lighting, awesome x-rays, all-out awesome game. It's very satisfying watching the x-ray kills every time it happens. This is definitely the kind of game where you need lots of patience if you're going to play on the higher difficulties because of the bullet ballistics which, in fact, are really well done. The only problem I have with this game is that it's too short. That's really my only complaint about it but other then that it is a solid stealth-action game. If you enjoy a good stealth game, this one is well worth the buy. Expand
  15. May 4, 2012
    The game has left pretty good impressions after having played for a couple of hours. The singleplayer is great fun. Theres not very much story to it and you also won't see many cutscenes, but the atmosphere and the gameplay is great. The game also looks really good! The sound is nice too (especially the weapon sounds!).

Let's come to the multiplayer... the biggest negative point here: It

Let's come to the multiplayer... the biggest negative point here: It lacks of content. There are only 2 modes and 3 maps. But Rebellion already announced that they have a pretty big DLC-plan (FREE dlc's) which will bring new maps, new modes etc. Let's hope it doesn't takes too long!
    The multiplayer is pure fun in my opinion. It's very refreshing from all those run 'n gun shooters. Running around like a chicken only brings you death here ;) Haven't played much MP matches yet, but the MP feels pretty balanced to me. There are some bugs (spawnbugs for example) but still the MP feels pretty polished to me.

Can't say anything about the coop yet sadly since I haven't tried it out yet.

Give the game a chance! Try the demo on steam. I recommend it!
  16. May 5, 2012
    Great Graphics and awesome game play. Runs really well, cannot believe a game this good looking can run on 4 gigs of ram, a 6770 and an Athlon dual core processor!
  17. May 1, 2012
    I've been having a blast with this game. The graphics are great, and the ballistics are stellar. Gameplay is fun, and almost comparable to a Splinter Cell game set in WWII.

This game is most rewarding if you take your time and are extremely patient. If you're looking for a game to run around and shoot everything that moves with a machine gun, you need to look elsewhere. Sniper Elite V2 is a very tactical shooter that requires at times a decent amount of foresight and planning ahead. Multiplayer is a blast and will provide even more challenges with other players in your sights.

Definitely check the game out. It's worth it at the launch price tag, and the issues I've encountered with launch bugs or glitches are so miniscule they're not even worth covering.
  18. May 1, 2012
    Very fun game, shooting mechanics are solid and the game looks up-to-date graphics wise.
    About half the missions are based on stealth, where you can choose any direction to approach your opponents from and devise the best strategy to take them out without being spotted. The whole game isn't a stealth shooter, though. The game will intermittently throw you into unavoidable non-stealth situations where your shooting prowess will determine your victory. Co-op feels solid, although there is a bit too much "Waiting for your co-op partner" for my likes, but I guess this keeps the other guy from running ahead and skipping the best parts. The slow-downs are still in co-op, but they're much shorter unless you get a REALLY good shot, and it forces both players to watch as the bullet streaks across the sky right into the opponent's eye or heart. Defiantly worth the buy.
  19. May 9, 2012
    Let me start by saying this: It is a game. Don't expect historical accuracy.
    It is a fun game. You are a one man army.
    The drop of a sniper rifle bullet over a 100m at an average speed of 500 m/s is going to be 20cm. The physics in this are quite accurate to reality, there is a great scope in how you play this game, whether you decide to be entirely covert and take enemies out with a
    Let me start by saying this: It is a game. Don't expect historical accuracy.
    It is a fun game. You are a one man army.
    The physics in this are quite accurate to reality, there is a great scope in how you play this game, whether you decide to be entirely covert and take enemies out with a silenced pistol, lure them out with a mine, or pick them off a sniper rifle, or even just go all gun blazing. There's a lot of scope to play it in different ways.
    Yes, there is regenerating health. No, it's not too ridiculous. If you've played the original game, you'd almost certainly have noticed how being killed every 15 seconds and having to reload gets annoying.
    However, I would agree that it regenerates too fast.

If your idea of a good game is one that's historically accurate and obeys all the laws of reality, then get out your bedroom and join the army. Because fighting WWII on a PC in 2012 is hardly realistic or historically accurate either.

The game looks good, and it's fun.
    Only problem is the AI. The AI is unnaturally accurate and keen sighted. They can spot you when you're four storeys up on a roof, lying on the floor, in a pile of dirt, in the shade, at night, from 300m. And with a machine gun, can hit you 9 times out of 10. With a gun which in your hands you'll be lucky to hit someone 30m away. And that's before the recoil kicks in.
    The enemy snipers are also unnaturally gifted. After some experimentation, I discovered that it's because their bullets track the player.
    Yes. When they shoot, the bullets curve just so they can hit you. This means that if, for instance, you are out of cover and move into cover, the bullets will hit the cover (I tried this trick with lamp-posts, worked every time). But if you go from a standing start, and dodge as soon as you see the flash of the sniper, they will hit 100% of the time.

But apart from the psychic enemies, I thought it was a fantastic game. Already on my second run through.
  20. Mar 16, 2013
    Amazing game! One of it's kind! An opposite of CoD or Counter Strike kind of games: it is not a game to run around with a machine gun. On it's best, you hide somewhere and lay down and wait for the enemy to come in your line of sight. Bullet cam really kickas ass and the wind+bullet drop makes sniping as near real as it could be!!!
  21. May 1, 2012
    GREAT sequel!!!

GREAT sequel!!!

Awesome bullet cams, pretty good graphics(Uses great lighting, some DX11 effects, buttery smooth) even tho textures aren't amazing, still gorgeous. On mission 4 currently, but so far I love it. For those saying it is so linear, that's because you haven't looked around. There are alleyways and multiple play styles to try even on the 1st real mission. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but this game was definitely worth the $45!!!(Preorder special price)
  22. May 6, 2012
    An absolute blast to play and a significant improvement over its predecessor, Sniper Elite V.2 is a sniping fan's wet dream. The singleplayer campaign is fairly lengthy and packed with interesting and fun shooting scenarios, the core shooting mechanics are rock-solid, the layer-by-layer X-ray killcams are fascinating and bloody, and the addition of coop for the entire game is just icingAn absolute blast to play and a significant improvement over its predecessor, Sniper Elite V.2 is a sniping fan's wet dream. The singleplayer campaign is fairly lengthy and packed with interesting and fun shooting scenarios, the core shooting mechanics are rock-solid, the layer-by-layer X-ray killcams are fascinating and bloody, and the addition of coop for the entire game is just icing on the cake. Its story is lacklustre, yes, but that's the only bad thing I have to say about this immensely satisfying title.

And to those complaining about historical accuracy: this is HISTORICAL FICTION. Crawl out of your box and do some research before being an ass.
  23. May 6, 2012
    This game deserve much more than this.
    Graphic are good,the ballistics are very realstic, it's one of the few stealth games I really appreciated.
    The most amazing feature of this game are the killcams, they are very well made and realistic.
  24. Sep 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game! I love FPS WWII games and sniping is my favorite, so I love this game. Those that don't, give it lower scores. It's not "Rocket Surgery" or anything. Aren't game reviews fun? Dah... Bottom line, play it if you like the genre, you will be happy with the money you spent. Now go outside and kill somebody. You spend too much time in doors.
    Spoiler Alert:
    You shoot people and they die. Nothing like real combat, but video games never are. We should send all the freaking idiots who think that game violence is an issue to a war zone. They would realize how idiotic their behavior is and how safe their little made up worlds are.
  25. Nov 2, 2012
    65 to this and 78 to MW3? ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? This game is... Well, like the first SE, but with better graphics (and less challenging). If you have the German version, you'll be losing the best of the game: X-Ray KillCam. Of course, this game is stealth, so if you played CoD or BF you won't be able to appreciate this game, because you'll think you're Rambo and that you can kill 1065 to this and 78 to MW3? ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? This game is... Well, like the first SE, but with better graphics (and less challenging). If you have the German version, you'll be losing the best of the game: X-Ray KillCam. Of course, this game is stealth, so if you played CoD or BF you won't be able to appreciate this game, because you'll think you're Rambo and that you can kill 10 people just by yourself with a Welrod while 123124141235357983479175981274981275 bullets don't hurt you at all. Expand
  26. Dec 3, 2012
    This is all you want in a sniper game. Very good campaign mission, and suspenseful multiplayer! Overall the game has great physics and it makes me feel like im part of the mission.
  27. Sep 18, 2012
    Even though very similar to the first version, this one is better. I especially liked the scenes following a quality head shot. The weapons choice, however, was limited and the missions were remarkably similar. Otherwise, I would score this game a 10.
  28. May 9, 2012
    Sniper Elite V2 is a definitly a worthy sequel to the first. The athmosphere is great, and each kill feels so satisfying. The story may not be very historical accurate, but I don't think thats what Rebellion put their view on. This is definitly the best WW2 game I've played in a long time. Only drawbacks I find is that its abit too short, and the levels are too scripted sometimes. It wouldSniper Elite V2 is a definitly a worthy sequel to the first. The athmosphere is great, and each kill feels so satisfying. The story may not be very historical accurate, but I don't think thats what Rebellion put their view on. This is definitly the best WW2 game I've played in a long time. Only drawbacks I find is that its abit too short, and the levels are too scripted sometimes. It would be nice to have the option to go through a level totaly silent and undetected, which is sadly not possible in most of the levels in this game. I haven't tried the multiplayer features yet, but if Coop is similar to the first game, then its going to be damn fun! Expand
  29. Nov 3, 2012
    Presentation: Beautiful game overall, some animation glitches here and there, but none too serious.

Gameplay: The sniping never gets old, other mechanics do though, and it's hard to really enjoy the game as much as the beginning once your in the final levels. Sound: Great sound effects, pretty good voice acting. Re playability: An OK amount, bottles and Ingots will have you going

Sound: Great sound effects, pretty good voice acting.

Re playability: An OK amount, bottles and Ingots will have you going through the campaign at least once more, challenges can keep you occupied for a while, and Multi-Player can last you a while for sure.

Overall, fun game. I recommend this purchase.:
  30. Feb 14, 2013
    I've only played this as co-op with a friend and really enjoyed it. The kill cam is really good, in co-op if you get a really good shot then both players see the kill cam animation, this cut seen is really short, about 2-3 seconds and doesn't get in the way of the action of game.
    Is a good sneak/run and hide/camping game if you're into that. I've not played it through as a single player so can't really comment on that.

1. Jan 8, 2013
    Sniper Elite V2 is a good and solid action sniper game. The story about the V2 scientists is nice, well narrated and motivates to keep playing. The graphics are not good, but ok and if you can manage that, you can give it a try.
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Many better shooters out there, where you can assume a sniper's role as well. What does V2 have to counter-offer? Had it followed another path, with more emphasis on stealth and the preparation of the shot, it could have made a difference, as a game of another subgenre. [July 2012]
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    Behind the flashy graphics and the brutal depiction of gore, the game is surprisingly mundane, eschewing what made the original work while including no new features of its own.