Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 PC

5.8

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Buggiest, over hyped game of 2013. Only 2 small MP maps, and single player is a joke. Avoid at all costs. Steam forums are ripe with angry disappointed buyers. Has nothing to do with sniping, just another COD clone.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    The game is more or less OK. Not good but not bad or at least not too bad either. Graphics are OK but well under expectations after the use of the Cry engine.Textures are mediocre too but the game is looking well enough. The main problem with this game is not graphics but that the game was designed by devs as a COD clone from the very beginning instead of being something new or differentThe game is more or less OK. Not good but not bad or at least not too bad either. Graphics are OK but well under expectations after the use of the Cry engine.Textures are mediocre too but the game is looking well enough. The main problem with this game is not graphics but that the game was designed by devs as a COD clone from the very beginning instead of being something new or different and as a clone it lacks in many fields. It is a very bad COD clone that even if released 10 years ago would have scored mediocre reviews. The game is so heavily scripted and linear that if you do something slightly different from what the devs programmed the result is usually always a CTD. At least in my case It CTD about 10 times during the whole SP not to mention many Graphical glitches and far too many bugs that even in one case forced me to repeat a whole chapter. The game looks like a beta and is not sufficiently debugged even after being released with one year delay. The story is completely COD- esque and void of any sense, characters are bad with low resolution textures and poor polygons and their rogdoll movements very poor, stiff and unnatural even for a 10 years old game. I liked very much the shooting physics that feel realistic enough and obviously the game is much better than the first one but not enough. what I hate the most is that the game is telling you not to be creative, not to think by your own, only do whatever the devs wanted you to do in the first place. Now figure what that was... Expand
  3. Jul 27, 2013
    While the idea is great and the need to bring a more realistic less arcade like sniper game is also a very blessed things
    Sniper doesn't do any of that well game-play is linear ,voice over isn't very good and the feel is just not there
    not to mention the fact that it is a very unstable game even loading a check point might sometimes end as a crash this game is a good idea with good
    this game is a good idea with good graphics and nothing else

don't waste your money on it I sure wont buy the next one
  4. Apr 20, 2013
    Good graphics with bad gameplay and heavily scripted AI. They dont even notice you when you're walking at their backs. The most unrealistic sniper gameplay, I mean, I'm not an official sniper but these guys don't sneak up and kill with their knives. This is like playing a stealthy mission of CoD franchise which I always disliked!
  5. May 14, 2013
    Linear, predictable and boring plot. Poor game mechanics. Too much sneaking around with no freedom to approach levels in different ways. I bought Sniper Elite V2 at the same time and this was a much better (if still flawed) experience mainly because you could approach levels in many different ways.

Ultimately, a very on the rails game with too many cut scenes and not enough of anything else. I paid £5 for it in special and that is probably the right price.
  6. Nov 7, 2013
    This game stole 3 hours of my life, not saying I managed to play it that long, that would be impossible. Couldnt stand it for 10 minutes until my stomach felt sick and my brain was so bored that I actually got headache from that painly boreness I never experienced before.
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    The problem with this title is all about challenging... every time there's someone at the radio or by your side telling exactly what to do. Where to shot, when to walk, where do hide. The BIG problem is simple: it becomes a child game. Producers might think that players are completely stupid, unable to make decisions or afraid of taking any risk. Disappointing...
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    The game seems to treat players like idiot. Consider the whole game as a long tutorial, as NPC will keep on yelling on what you should do. You want some creativity? NO, it's a tutorial! You will get punishment in the form of bug in scripted event, or even game crash! The game is just a linear move following a tutor until the end of game, and there are so many graphical glitches. Just too bad!
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    Game is ultra buggy. There were no human characters in the game, only floating guns! Shadows and lighting effects were really buggy as well. It didn't work with my PC at all...
  10. May 29, 2013
    I bet you've read the reviews but I have to put this into perspective. This game is terrible.

This stealth thing... Am I really stealthed or are the AIs just retardedly insane. I really don't understand this part. The graphics are great, but you can't use graphics as an excuse to cover up all the... well, crap. Stand here, shoot this, go here. It's literally making life so easy.

The graphics are great, but you can't use graphics as an excuse to cover up all the... well, crap. Stand here, shoot this, go here. It's literally making life so easy. This doesn't deserve to be a game, I think they should go back to the drawing board. if only such a thing exists nowadays.
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    Don't buy it. Don't play it even if it's free. It only take my 6 hours to complete. Multi player is stupid. Way too linear shooting game. And they released new DLC for 10$. It's a disaster.
  12. Mar 16, 2013
    Poor, fateful, boring, repetitive, static.
    Misuse of the graphics engine.
    Do you have a guide that tells you where you have to defecate.
    Textures appalling.
    Stereotyped History (Russian ill always and a classic bad movie Sunday afternoon.

-10
  13. May 10, 2013
    I liked the graphics. I got this because I like sniping role games. It was a joke in this regard. The 'meters' are more likely feet. Long distance shooting is extremely difficult. Even on high difficulty it is a joke. Far cry 3 is a better sniping game. If they could make a Far Cry game with Arma ballistics it would be great. If you are looking for a real shooting experience avoidI liked the graphics. I got this because I like sniping role games. It was a joke in this regard. The 'meters' are more likely feet. Long distance shooting is extremely difficult. Even on high difficulty it is a joke. Far cry 3 is a better sniping game. If they could make a Far Cry game with Arma ballistics it would be great. If you are looking for a real shooting experience avoid this cartoon of a simulation. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    Utter. Garbage.

Corridor shooter, with sniper rifle. What is the point? Sniper game should have sandbox style missions. But no, you are forced to walk in a corridor handheld, and take out idiot AI enemies. Avoid at all costs. Sniper Elite 2 is better.
  15. Jul 29, 2013
    A sniper simulation game which gets boring after a few missions. It's fully scripts-driven, meaning there is no areas to explore and no tactics you would have to come up with. Instead, your AI teammate will tell you "go there, no go there, now kill this one" and mark the target. Then you aim, hold breath and put the circle (which shows the expected bullet's destination) at the target'sA sniper simulation game which gets boring after a few missions. It's fully scripts-driven, meaning there is no areas to explore and no tactics you would have to come up with. Instead, your AI teammate will tell you "go there, no go there, now kill this one" and mark the target. Then you aim, hold breath and put the circle (which shows the expected bullet's destination) at the target's head. Bang, repeat, repeat. Now go there. Bang, repeat. Go there, go there. I dropped the game at some place where an invisible sniper kills you no matter what you do. At least that's what I thought, and I had no motivation to continue at that point. There is a gun-shooting range in the game's main menu it's as fun as the rest of the game.
    Nice art, good scenery, but all this is just scenery and nothing else.
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    i waited for this game looong time and played Sniper Elite 2..i though Sniper Elite 2 is bad
    and Sniper Ghost Warrior gonna kick its boring ass..but NO..this game is POOOR
    not Boaring..why Poor? -AI is Doll and stupid and even dosnt do anything..they just has eyes everywhere in there head -Story is terrible..i dont take it seriously on stories -nothing new..just shoot this and shoot
    and Sniper Ghost Warrior gonna kick its boring ass..but NO..this game is POOOR
    not Boaring..why Poor?

-Story is terrible..i dont take it seriously on stories -nothing new..just shoot this and shoot that..thats it..no thriller no some good moments ..NOTHING
    -Graphics r Poor for CRY ENGIN 3..its SHAME

+SNIPING is perfect..thats it
  17. Mar 31, 2013
    Awful use of Cry Engine 3. On max difficulty the game lasted less than 5 hours, and multiplayer contains only 2 maps. Ballistics and gameplay are mediocre, AI behaviour is terrible and unrealistic. Bullet cam is nice, but you will see it very rarely. Death animations are the most terrible I have ever seen. Missions are straightforward and linear. Ghost Warrior looks like a bad joke.
  18. Mar 13, 2013
    This game is a joke. I really expected something different from the abomination of the first chapter but city interactive proved me wrong. The "campaign" lasts no longer than 5 hours and it's full of bugs, extremely easy and boring. Another spike in the arse are phisics and graphics, both awful they were supposed to develop on cryengine 3, not on cryengine 0.1 beta. AI is bad andThis game is a joke. I really expected something different from the abomination of the first chapter but city interactive proved me wrong. The "campaign" lasts no longer than 5 hours and it's full of bugs, extremely easy and boring. Another spike in the arse are phisics and graphics, both awful they were supposed to develop on cryengine 3, not on cryengine 0.1 beta. AI is bad and multiplayer has only 2 maps, so this ain't nothing more than a poor cod clone.
    Save your money or buy a real sniper game like Elite V2.
  19. Mar 13, 2013
    Oooooooooooomyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what a waste of time and money!
    Perfect example that engine is not what makes the game matter. I wonder was that the goal for developers?
    Bad textures, bad story,bad environment, glitches, bad, bad, bad...Graphics in crysis one look better than this, if you are into candy stuff? I can not recall anything that would at least make the score one or two for me.The game is cheaper than other new titles but steel hurts to find out that you just financed someones bailout in this year worst attempt in making games. Someone said that this one looksbetter than the first one, i wonder how bad that is because i didnt play it. Simply said if you are desperate for some sniper shooting, didn't play any shooter in past ten years and you are willing to throw 30$, you are on the right path and should enjoy this title.
    I was attracted by the engine and ended with the short stick, so if that title "cry engine" make you doubt don't!
  20. Mar 23, 2013
    Very bad Graphic: Statik Shadows, Ugly animations, "fuzzy" Textures and that´is called "Very High Graphic"!?

Gameplay: Boring and linearly Levels...
  21. May 19, 2013
    Spillet er af dårlig kvalitet, både lyd og billed hakker gennem spillet og man kommer ingen vejne. Man kan ikke komme op af vandhullet, men drukner hele tiden. Ved start af nyt spil, starter ny tekst, men spillet fortsætter i vandhullet??????
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is appalling, even worse than the first one how did they manage that? It's so linear that boredom really does set in immediately following the first mission. The "story" is a joke. How the hell did they make the Cry Engine 3 look so crappy? the environments are dull, lifeless the AI are so dumb it's almost pointless shooting them! Unfortunately this game is about as Linear asThis game is appalling, even worse than the first one how did they manage that? It's so linear that boredom really does set in immediately following the first mission. The "story" is a joke. How the hell did they make the Cry Engine 3 look so crappy? the environments are dull, lifeless the AI are so dumb it's almost pointless shooting them! Unfortunately this game is about as Linear as it gets Go Here, this way knife that guy sneak past that guy (i swear, the AI are blind...) Get to to this point CUTSCENE now your stuck in a scope view with the camera forcing you to look only in direction of dialogue, awful.. I want my £29.00 back! Expand
  23. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is hugely buggy but even with the bugs amazingly easy. One of the easiest games (not in a good way) I have ever played. Much worse than the first and the first isn't good.
  24. Mar 12, 2013
    The game has major bugs, your ai partner gets stuck on edges where he is suppose to hop down he cant find his way around a boat, that dies before it gets to the point where it needs to be, then when you get to a stage after doing a stealth kill, that boat that you need to move on is not around. Game is bugged, the AI is not improved at all. Save your money, get Sniper Elite V2 instead.
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    Not really better than 1st part. EXTREMELY short game. There is probably about 3 hours campaign, but you actually play about 45 minutes. Rest of time you must listen commands.... "Do not engage". "Wait for them to pass"... "Do not engage" "Kill the right guy"... "Wait for them to pass" ."Listen 5 minutes conversation until they pass" That is actual gameplay!
  26. Feb 5, 2014
    Boring game. Its like playing a fifa game, minus everything except penalty shootouts. Also, how much of a **** can the protagonist be? Sure, it is a sniper game (duh). But being unable to pick up or use assault rifles? Why allow stealth kills then?

The most infuriating moment has to be the mission in the swamp area, where anderson follows some guy on a stealth mission a la cpt price in cod. He will ask you to plant a c4 on a wooden house for distraction, then follow him for a short while and he will ask you to detonate the c4. I follow everything he says, and die. because the genius lead us into a bunch of enemies, and the blast somehow reveal our location. Tried about 10 times again, still die. After that, I did it by going against his orders (if he says don't kill, just shoot anyways), and basically eliminate everyone b4 detonating the c4.
  27. Apr 5, 2017
    Much as I want to like Sniper 2 its conspicuous bugs rob it of its enjoyability. From the get go I had graphics problems which I managed to resolve. A bigger concern however were in game technical issues..

For a game about sniping having technical glitches with your sniper rifle isn't a good look. Aiming at times does not work as advertised with the scope jumping wildly about for no obvious reason. Even going from standing to prone often did not resolve the issue. Another concern was the tricky "if it feels like appearing" red dot that is supposedly designed to help guide your shots.Would have been nice if it appeared more often even when fully on target. Lastly a big problem was on target shots having no effect on opponents. This is especially noticeable during the scene where you face off against Marinov's snipers and soldiers. Some soldiers are almost impossible to kill.

A big question all this raises is one of quality assurance. Did this game get checked and tested before release? I have to wonder.

Thankfully I picked this title up for very little off EBAY as a Steam game. Nonetheless, if you are asked to pay for something, you have a reasonable expectation that is work as advertised. In my experience that was not the case with this game and as a result I can not recommend it.
  28. Aug 8, 2017
    Jakie zatem jest nowe dzieło City Interactive? Jeśli nie przekonało Was to, co napisałem wcześniej - to dodam jeszcze, że gra jest do ukończenia w 4 godziny! Przez cały czas rozgrywki jesteśmy prowadzeni za rączkę, sztuczna inteligencja wrogów kuleje, grafika jest kiepska, a tekstury postaci wołają o pomstę do nieba. Więcej pisać już nie trzeba. Myślałem, że po Aliens: Colonial Marines wJakie zatem jest nowe dzieło City Interactive? Jeśli nie przekonało Was to, co napisałem wcześniej - to dodam jeszcze, że gra jest do ukończenia w 4 godziny! Przez cały czas rozgrywki jesteśmy prowadzeni za rączkę, sztuczna inteligencja wrogów kuleje, grafika jest kiepska, a tekstury postaci wołają o pomstę do nieba. Więcej pisać już nie trzeba. Myślałem, że po Aliens: Colonial Marines w tym roku nie będzie mi dane zagrać w kolejną marną produkcję, a jednak tak się stało. Szumnie zapowiadany i oczekiwany tytuł okazał się kolejnym niewypałem.

Pełna recenzja dostępna jest na blogu Gracz.org

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 5, 2013
    The technical aspects are all below medium. When will the sniper shooter sub-genre catch a break? [May 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    It’s roughly the first Sniper with all its shortcomings, including strong linearity, repetitiveness, shallow story and inept multiplayer. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.52]
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A dumb shooter that feels like a rubbish stealth section dragged out across the length of an entire game.